|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
2. What does Andrew apologize to T.J. for when they are fixing up Edith's house?
3. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
4. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
5. How many days will Edith be under observation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
2. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
3. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
4. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
5. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
6. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
7. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
8. How does DeSalvo protect Eden in the luncheonette?
9. How does Andrew feel about the baby he and Eden are expecting?
10. Why does Andrew buy Eden sneakers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What gifts does Andrew bring Eden? Why does she refuse to accept most of them? Which one does she accept that changes her life forever? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What does T.J.'s house look like? How does he use it as a status symbol? What room does he seem most comfortable in and what does this suggest about his identity? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
How does Edith's house become a prison of sorts for Eden? In what way does Edith restrict her from living a full life? Provide textual examples to support your analysis.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)