|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
2. Where is Eden living at the end of the novel?
3. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
4. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
5. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the pond. What important events occur here in terms of Andrew and Eden's relationship as adults? What role does the water play in giving Eden more confidence and a sense of independence? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the clay sculptures in Eden's life. What kind of portraits does she sculpt? What does Andrew say about them when he finds them? Why did Edith buy her clay, but allow the sculptures to crumble? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Andrew's dream in helping him unravel the mystery of the night of the shooting. Why is Andrew haunted by this dream? What does he learn when he figures out the correct sequence of events? Quote the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)