|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andrew say he wants to go out on T.J.'s deck while they are eating dinner?
2. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
3. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
4. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
5. What color did Andrew paint Edith's kitchen in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
2. Describe T.J.'s home.
3. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
4. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
5. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
6. Why does Andrew buy Eden sneakers?
7. What does Andrew guess and then have confirmed about his father's role the night of the shooting?
8. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
9. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
10. How does DeSalvo protect Eden in the luncheonette?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What gifts does Andrew bring Eden? Why does she refuse to accept most of them? Which one does she accept that changes her life forever? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chief DeSalvo's role in the story, and analyze his attitude toward Andrew and Eden. Why does Andrew call him first before the police at the end of the novel? How does DeSalvo take charge of the situation? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Andrew and T.J's relationship. Why does Andrew feel awkward with T.J. when he sees him after his mother's funeral? How does the relationship become easier by the end of the novel? Quote the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)