|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central color of the decor in T.J.'s house?
2. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
3. Where at her house is Eden waiting for Andrew when he visits her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
5. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
2. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
3. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
4. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
5. What happens when Andrew and Eden are in the kitchen together for the first time?
6. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
7. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
8. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
9. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
10. Describe T.J.'s home.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the conflict between Andrew and Edith Close. Why does Edith want him to stay away from Eden? How does Andrew escalate the conflict by disregarding her wishes? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
How does Edith's house become a prison of sorts for Eden? In what way does Edith restrict her from living a full life? Provide textual examples to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Andrew and Eden have most of their lives? How did Eden act on her feelings as a teen, but was rejected by Andrew? What is Andrew's response to her when he returns for his mother's funeral and sees her for the first time in nineteen years? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)