|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Eden living at the end of the novel?
2. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
4. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
5. What does Edith find Eden using that Andrew gave her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does T.J.'s house look like? How does he use it as a status symbol? What room does he seem most comfortable in and what does this suggest about his identity? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Andrew? What are his strengths and weaknesses? How does he change as the novel progresses? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Andrew's dream in helping him unravel the mystery of the night of the shooting. Why is Andrew haunted by this dream? What does he learn when he figures out the correct sequence of events? Quote the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)