|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
2. Where does Andrew go after he brings Eden back home in Chapter 4?
3. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
4. What personal information does T.J. tell Andrew about when he is working with him on Edith's house?
5. Who built a box for the gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does DeSalvo protect Eden in the luncheonette?
2. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
3. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
4. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
5. What does Andrew guess and then have confirmed about his father's role the night of the shooting?
6. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
7. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
8. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
9. Why does Andrew buy Eden sneakers?
10. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eden's arrival at the Closes' and Jim and Edith's reaction. In what way did Edith pretend to want the baby for the sake of her relationship with her husband? What were the consequences of that pretense? Quote the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Andrew? What are his strengths and weaknesses? How does he change as the novel progresses? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
What gifts does Andrew bring Eden? Why does she refuse to accept most of them? Which one does she accept that changes her life forever? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)