|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Geoffrey?
2. What does Andrew apologize to T.J. for when they are fixing up Edith's house?
3. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
4. What does Eden say T.J. lies about?
5. What does Andrew do to Eden's hair in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Eden tell Andrew about what she remembers after the shooting?
2. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
3. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
4. What kinds of gifts does Andrew bring Eden?
5. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
6. Why does Andrew buy Eden sneakers?
7. How does Andrew feel about the baby he and Eden are expecting?
8. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
9. What does Andrew plan to do after he and Eden leave his mother's house?
10. How does DeSalvo protect Eden in the luncheonette?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Andrew and Eden have most of their lives? How did Eden act on her feelings as a teen, but was rejected by Andrew? What is Andrew's response to her when he returns for his mother's funeral and sees her for the first time in nineteen years? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How did Eden effectively transform herself into a tomboy so that she could join Andrew's circle of friends? What impressed Andrew, Sean and T.J. about Eden's inventiveness and stoicism? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What gifts does Andrew bring Eden? Why does she refuse to accept most of them? Which one does she accept that changes her life forever? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)