|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
2. What is the central color of the decor in T.J.'s house?
3. What color is Didi's hair?
4. Why does Andrew say he wants to go out on T.J.'s deck while they are eating dinner?
5. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrew guess and then have confirmed about his father's role the night of the shooting?
2. How does DeSalvo protect Eden in the luncheonette?
3. Why does DeSalvo come to Andrew's mother's house when Andrew is talking with Edith near the herb garden?
4. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
5. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
6. What kinds of gifts does Andrew bring Eden?
7. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
8. What changes does Andrew make to Edith's kitchen in order to sell the house?
9. What information does Eden tell Andrew about what she remembers after the shooting?
10. Why does Andrew feel he has let Billy down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did Andrew's father have the night of the shooting? Why did he choose to hide the gun Edith used to kill Jim? Did he understand the true situation between Eden and Jim? Why or why not? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the physical and emotional injuries Eden suffered from the shooting. What does Edith tell Andrew about Eden's mental state? Does Andrew believe that he can help Eden heal? How so? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the conflict between Andrew and Edith Close. Why does Edith want him to stay away from Eden? How does Andrew escalate the conflict by disregarding her wishes? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)