|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does T.J. call Andrew when they are talking about Edith being in a mental institution?
2. What word does Andrew want to shout when Edith is pointing a gun at him and Eden?
3. What does O'Brien do when he sees Eden in Chapter 6?
4. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
5. What personal information does T.J. tell Andrew about when he is working with him on Edith's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrew buy Eden sneakers?
2. How does Andrew feel about the baby he and Eden are expecting?
3. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
4. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
5. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
6. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
7. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
8. Why does DeSalvo come to Andrew's mother's house when Andrew is talking with Edith near the herb garden?
9. Describe T.J.'s home.
10. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the conflict between Andrew and Edith Close. Why does Edith want him to stay away from Eden? How does Andrew escalate the conflict by disregarding her wishes? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Eden's arrival at the Closes' and Jim and Edith's reaction. In what way did Edith pretend to want the baby for the sake of her relationship with her husband? What were the consequences of that pretense? Quote the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the physical and emotional injuries Eden suffered from the shooting. What does Edith tell Andrew about Eden's mental state? Does Andrew believe that he can help Eden heal? How so? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)