|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eden learn that Edith is selling the house?
2. What emotion does Mr. O'Brien express when Andrew stops in to visit him?
3. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
4. What word does Andrew want to shout when Edith is pointing a gun at him and Eden?
5. What does the sundress look like that Eden is wearing when Andrew visits her the day after Edith warns him to stay away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Eden tell Andrew about what she remembers after the shooting?
2. How does DeSalvo protect Eden in the luncheonette?
3. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
4. What changes does Andrew make to Edith's kitchen in order to sell the house?
5. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
6. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
7. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
8. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
9. What does Andrew plan to do after he and Eden leave his mother's house?
10. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Andrew's dream in helping him unravel the mystery of the night of the shooting. Why is Andrew haunted by this dream? What does he learn when he figures out the correct sequence of events? Quote the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What gifts does Andrew bring Eden? Why does she refuse to accept most of them? Which one does she accept that changes her life forever? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Eden's arrival at the Closes' and Jim and Edith's reaction. In what way did Edith pretend to want the baby for the sake of her relationship with her husband? What were the consequences of that pretense? Quote the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)