|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eden warn Andrew that Edith entered the bedroom?
2. What personal information does T.J. tell Andrew about when he is working with him on Edith's house?
3. What is the central color of the decor in T.J.'s house?
4. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
5. What does Edith say Eden will experience if Andrew continues to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
2. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
3. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
4. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
5. What happens when Andrew and Eden are in the kitchen together for the first time?
6. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
7. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
8. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
9. What information does Eden tell Andrew about what she remembers after the shooting?
10. Why does Andrew feel he has let Billy down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Andrew and Eden have most of their lives? How did Eden act on her feelings as a teen, but was rejected by Andrew? What is Andrew's response to her when he returns for his mother's funeral and sees her for the first time in nineteen years? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How did Eden effectively transform herself into a tomboy so that she could join Andrew's circle of friends? What impressed Andrew, Sean and T.J. about Eden's inventiveness and stoicism? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Edith's house become a prison of sorts for Eden? In what way does Edith restrict her from living a full life? Provide textual examples to support your analysis.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)