|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
2. Who is Geoffrey?
3. Why is Andrew obsessed with Edith's house in the last chapter?
4. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
5. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does DeSalvo come to Andrew's mother's house when Andrew is talking with Edith near the herb garden?
2. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
3. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
4. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
5. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
6. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
7. What does Andrew plan to do after he and Eden leave his mother's house?
8. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
9. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
10. How does Andrew feel about the baby he and Eden are expecting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree or disagree with T.J.'s statement that Andrew is a "hero" for his actions in deflecting Edith's gunshot? How is Andrew able to protect Eden through his actions? Quote the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Andrew's dream in helping him unravel the mystery of the night of the shooting. Why is Andrew haunted by this dream? What does he learn when he figures out the correct sequence of events? Quote the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Andrew and T.J's relationship. Why does Andrew feel awkward with T.J. when he sees him after his mother's funeral? How does the relationship become easier by the end of the novel? Quote the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)