Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
2. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
3. What color is Didi's hair?
4. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
5. What does Eden tell Andrew about Jim in Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the clay sculptures in Eden's life. What kind of portraits does she sculpt? What does Andrew say about them when he finds them? Why did Edith buy her clay, but allow the sculptures to crumble? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Eden's arrival at the Closes' and Jim and Edith's reaction. In what way did Edith pretend to want the baby for the sake of her relationship with her husband? What were the consequences of that pretense? Quote the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
What gifts does Andrew bring Eden? Why does she refuse to accept most of them? Which one does she accept that changes her life forever? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)