|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
2. Where did Andrew's father hide the gun after Jim was killed?
3. Where does T.J. serve dinner when Andrew visits?
4. What emotion does Mr. O'Brien express when Andrew stops in to visit him?
5. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Eden effectively transform herself into a tomboy so that she could join Andrew's circle of friends? What impressed Andrew, Sean and T.J. about Eden's inventiveness and stoicism? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the conflict between Andrew and Edith Close. Why does Edith want him to stay away from Eden? How does Andrew escalate the conflict by disregarding her wishes? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Chief DeSalvo's role in the story, and analyze his attitude toward Andrew and Eden. Why does Andrew call him first before the police at the end of the novel? How does DeSalvo take charge of the situation? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)