|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DeSalvo ask that O'Brien receive in Chapter 6?
2. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
3. What color did Andrew paint Edith's kitchen in Chapter 6?
4. Who built a box for the gun?
5. What did Andrew ask Eden to do after he took the gun from Edith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
2. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
3. Describe T.J.'s home.
4. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
5. Why does Andrew buy Eden sneakers?
6. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
7. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
8. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
9. What happens when Andrew and Eden are in the kitchen together for the first time?
10. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Andrew and T.J's relationship. Why does Andrew feel awkward with T.J. when he sees him after his mother's funeral? How does the relationship become easier by the end of the novel? Quote the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What role did Andrew's father have the night of the shooting? Why did he choose to hide the gun Edith used to kill Jim? Did he understand the true situation between Eden and Jim? Why or why not? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
How did Eden effectively transform herself into a tomboy so that she could join Andrew's circle of friends? What impressed Andrew, Sean and T.J. about Eden's inventiveness and stoicism? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)