|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
2. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
3. Where did police look for a murder weapon, according to Andrew's farmer neighbor?
4. What does T.J. feel about the new life Andrew is beginning?
5. What does Edith find Eden using that Andrew gave her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
2. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
3. How does DeSalvo protect Eden in the luncheonette?
4. What does Andrew plan to do after he and Eden leave his mother's house?
5. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
6. Why does DeSalvo come to Andrew's mother's house when Andrew is talking with Edith near the herb garden?
7. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
8. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
9. Why does Andrew feel he has let Billy down?
10. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Eden's behavior as a young teen. What affect did her wildness have on Andy? How did he feel about her shoplifting and promiscuity? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the way the author uses weather to enhance the action of the story. How does humid or hot weather heighten the mystery and conflict of the story? What weather does the author use to support Andrew's desire for a fresh start? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How did Eden effectively transform herself into a tomboy so that she could join Andrew's circle of friends? What impressed Andrew, Sean and T.J. about Eden's inventiveness and stoicism? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)