|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the novel, "Eden Close"?
2. Who was the fastest skater Andrew had ever seen when he was a teen?
3. How long was Eden in a coma?
4. Where is Andrew thinking of taking his son camping?
5. What was the name of the main business in the town where Andrew grew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
2. Why did Eden think she would die young?
3. Describe Eden's physical appearance the summer she gave up being a tomboy.
4. In what way was Andy confused by Eden's change in behavior on the first day of school when he was a senior?
5. What bothers Chief DeSalvo about the Close case?
6. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
7. Describe the relationship between Andrew and Martha.
8. How did Eden become part of T.J., Sean and Andy's circle?
9. What was Edith's reaction to the baby left at her house?
10. How did Andy find out that Eden and Sean were a couple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Andrew? What are his strengths and weaknesses? How does he change as the novel progresses? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the clay sculptures in Eden's life. What kind of portraits does she sculpt? What does Andrew say about them when he finds them? Why did Edith buy her clay, but allow the sculptures to crumble? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
What important information does Andrew learn about his mother and father when he returns home? What particular personal items make him more aware of his parents' inner lives? How does this knowledge affect him? Quote the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)