Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eden tell the time?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
3. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
4. What were Sean's parents known for?
5. What was the baby in when she was left at the Closes' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
2. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
3. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
4. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
5. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
6. What does Andrew dream about the night of his mother's funeral?
7. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
8. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
9. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
10. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
Essay Topic 1
What gifts does Andrew bring Eden? Why does she refuse to accept most of them? Which one does she accept that changes her life forever? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the clay sculptures in Eden's life. What kind of portraits does she sculpt? What does Andrew say about them when he finds them? Why did Edith buy her clay, but allow the sculptures to crumble? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Andrew and T.J's relationship. Why does Andrew feel awkward with T.J. when he sees him after his mother's funeral? How does the relationship become easier by the end of the novel? Quote the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)