Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eden tell the time?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
3. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
4. What were Sean's parents known for?
5. What was the baby in when she was left at the Closes' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
2. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
3. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
4. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
5. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
6. What does Andrew dream about the night of his mother's funeral?
7. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
8. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
9. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
10. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Andrew and Eden have most of their lives? How did Eden act on her feelings as a teen, but was rejected by Andrew? What is Andrew's response to her when he returns for his mother's funeral and sees her for the first time in nineteen years? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Andrew's dream in helping him unravel the mystery of the night of the shooting. Why is Andrew haunted by this dream? What does he learn when he figures out the correct sequence of events? Quote the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
What role did Andrew's father have the night of the shooting? Why did he choose to hide the gun Edith used to kill Jim? Did he understand the true situation between Eden and Jim? Why or why not? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)