|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Andy use to describe the shirt his mother bought him for his first day of senior year?
2. How long was Eden in a coma?
3. What did Andy do after he saw Eden kissing a boy at school?
4. What did Andrew's father tell Andrew and his mother about what happened to Eden the night her father was killed?
5. What does Eden say about Andrew's father at the end of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eden's physical appearance the summer she gave up being a tomboy.
2. In what way was Andy confused by Eden's change in behavior on the first day of school when he was a senior?
3. Describe Edith Closes' appearance at Andrew's mother's funeral.
4. How does Andrew remember protecting his mother the night Jim was killed?
5. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
6. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
7. Describe the relationship between Andrew and Martha.
8. Why does Andrew return to his mother's house?
9. What does Andrew remember about his father's actions the night Jim was killed?
10. How did Andy handle Eden's advances while they were at the pond when he was eighteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree or disagree with T.J.'s statement that Andrew is a "hero" for his actions in deflecting Edith's gunshot? How is Andrew able to protect Eden through his actions? Quote the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Eden's behavior as a young teen. What affect did her wildness have on Andy? How did he feel about her shoplifting and promiscuity? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Eden's arrival at the Closes' and Jim and Edith's reaction. In what way did Edith pretend to want the baby for the sake of her relationship with her husband? What were the consequences of that pretense? Quote the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)