|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Eden waiting for Andrew when he hurries back to her house from town in Chapter 3?
2. What did Eden shoplift from Woolworth's?
3. What color eyes does Eden have?
4. What did Andrew's father tell Andrew and his mother about what happened to Eden the night her father was killed?
5. How long was Eden in a coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
2. Describe Edith Closes' appearance at Andrew's mother's funeral.
3. What was Andrew's mother's reaction to Jim's excitement about the baby left at the Closes' home?
4. How did Andy find out that Eden and Sean were a couple?
5. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
6. What was Andrew attracted to about Martha when he first met her?
7. What bothers Chief DeSalvo about the Close case?
8. What was Edith's reaction to the baby left at her house?
9. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
10. What did Andrew observe about Eden when she was carried out on a stretcher the night her father was killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Edith's house become a prison of sorts for Eden? In what way does Edith restrict her from living a full life? Provide textual examples to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
What gifts does Andrew bring Eden? Why does she refuse to accept most of them? Which one does she accept that changes her life forever? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Andrew and Eden have most of their lives? How did Eden act on her feelings as a teen, but was rejected by Andrew? What is Andrew's response to her when he returns for his mother's funeral and sees her for the first time in nineteen years? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)