|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew drink from a jelly glass in his kitchen in Chapter 1?
2. What word did Andy use to describe the shirt his mother bought him for his first day of senior year?
3. What animal tried to harm baby Eden when she was left outside in her carriage one afternoon?
4. Where did Sean go after the shooting?
5. Who is Andrew's neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
2. How did Andy find out that Eden and Sean were a couple?
3. What was Andrew's mother's reaction to Jim's excitement about the baby left at the Closes' home?
4. How did Jim and Edith care for Eden in different ways?
5. What does Andrew remember about his father's actions the night Jim was killed?
6. How did Eden react to her mother's show of affection when Jim was home?
7. What did Andrew observe about Eden when she was carried out on a stretcher the night her father was killed?
8. What was Andrew attracted to about Martha when he first met her?
9. In what way was Andy confused by Eden's change in behavior on the first day of school when he was a senior?
10. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Eden effectively transform herself into a tomboy so that she could join Andrew's circle of friends? What impressed Andrew, Sean and T.J. about Eden's inventiveness and stoicism? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What gifts does Andrew bring Eden? Why does she refuse to accept most of them? Which one does she accept that changes her life forever? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Eden's behavior as a young teen. What affect did her wildness have on Andy? How did he feel about her shoplifting and promiscuity? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)