|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eden tell the time?
2. What was Eden reading the night of the shooting?
3. What was the name of the main business in the town where Andrew grew up?
4. What is the name of Andrew's son?
5. Who owns the working farm across the road from Andrew's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
2. What do Andrew and his son Billy talk about on the phone when Martha calls from Nantucket?
3. How did Andy find out that Eden and Sean were a couple?
4. What was Edith's reaction to the baby left at her house?
5. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
6. How did Sean react when Eden broke up with him?
7. Describe Edith Closes' appearance at Andrew's mother's funeral.
8. How did Eden become part of T.J., Sean and Andy's circle?
9. Describe Eden's physical appearance when Andrew sees her sitting at the top of the stairs in her house.
10. Describe Eden's physical appearance the summer she gave up being a tomboy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Edith's house become a prison of sorts for Eden? In what way does Edith restrict her from living a full life? Provide textual examples to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
How did Eden effectively transform herself into a tomboy so that she could join Andrew's circle of friends? What impressed Andrew, Sean and T.J. about Eden's inventiveness and stoicism? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What does T.J.'s house look like? How does he use it as a status symbol? What room does he seem most comfortable in and what does this suggest about his identity? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)