Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eden tell the time?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
3. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
4. What were Sean's parents known for?
5. What was the baby in when she was left at the Closes' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
2. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
3. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
4. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
5. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
6. What does Andrew dream about the night of his mother's funeral?
7. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
8. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
9. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
10. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
What kind of relationship did Andrew and Eden have most of their lives? How did Eden act on her feelings as a teen, but was rejected by Andrew? What is Andrew's response to her when he returns for his mother's funeral and sees her for the first time in nineteen years? Provide specific examples to support your answer.
Analyze the conflict between Andrew and Edith Close. Why does Edith want him to stay away from Eden? How does Andrew escalate the conflict by disregarding her wishes? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
How did Eden effectively transform herself into a tomboy so that she could join Andrew's circle of friends? What impressed Andrew, Sean and T.J. about Eden's inventiveness and stoicism? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)