|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He moves slowly.
(b) He winces when he coughs.
(c) He eyes look bright and feverish.
(d) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
2. Who built a box for the gun?
(a) T.J.'s father.
(c) Andrew's father.
3. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
(a) He feels a burning sensation in his arm.
(b) The gun is not intended for him.
(c) Eden has been injured.
(d) Edith is mentally ill.
4. Who is Didi?
(a) Police officer.
(b) T.J.'s wife.
(c) Restaurant owner.
(d) Real estate agent.
5. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
(b) Mementos of Eden.
(c) Family history.
(d) Valentine from Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
2. How long does Eden usually sleep at one time?
3. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
4. What month is it in the last chapter of the novel?
5. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of gifts does Andrew bring Eden?
2. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
3. How does Andrew feel about the baby he and Eden are expecting?
4. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
5. What changes does Andrew make to Edith's kitchen in order to sell the house?
6. Describe T.J.'s home.
7. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
8. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
9. Why does Andrew feel he has let Billy down?
10. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)