|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
(a) Kitchen closet.
(b) Laundry room.
2. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
3. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
(a) T.J.'s is the biggest.
(b) Each is painted a different color.
(c) They are identical.
(d) T.J.'s is the smallest.
4. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
(a) He forgot to come by for Billy.
(b) She needs money.
(c) She has mail for him.
(d) She wants to tell him she is sending books.
5. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) The floor.
(b) Above the bed.
(c) In the ceiling.
(d) The window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
2. What is one item Andrew finds in his mother's bureau drawer?
3. Who is Didi?
4. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
5. What word does Andrew want to shout when Edith is pointing a gun at him and Eden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
2. What does Andrew guess and then have confirmed about his father's role the night of the shooting?
3. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
4. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
5. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
6. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
7. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
8. Describe T.J.'s home.
9. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
10. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)