|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
(a) Lonely Girl.
(b) Wild thing.
2. What does Andrew apologize to T.J. for when they are fixing up Edith's house?
(a) For acting rudely at T.J.'s house.
(b) Believing he was in love with Eden.
(c) Thinking he had been the one to shoot Jim.
(d) Believing he knew who the intruder was.
3. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Making pancakes for Billy and Eden.
(b) Sightseeing in San Francisco.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Playing tennis with Billy and Eden.
4. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to tell him she is sending books.
(b) She has mail for him.
(c) He forgot to come by for Billy.
(d) She needs money.
5. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Like a madman.
(b) Like a dancer.
(c) Like an athlete.
(d) Like a gazelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
2. How many days will Edith be under observation?
3. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
4. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
5. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe T.J.'s home.
2. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
3. How does Andrew feel about the baby he and Eden are expecting?
4. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
5. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
6. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
7. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
8. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
9. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
10. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)