|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. DeSalvo go to the hospital, according to Mr. DeSalvo?
(b) Broken leg.
(c) Problems with her hips.
2. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
3. Who says "I won't have a son?"
4. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
(b) Valentine from Jim.
(c) Family history.
(d) Mementos of Eden.
5. Where does Andrew find his mother's important papers?
(a) Shelf in the closet.
(b) In a box under the bed.
(d) Filing cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
2. What item does Andrew notice on top of the desk in Eden's bedroom?
3. What is the light like in Eden's room at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What does Andrew find inside the drawer of Eden's desk?
5. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
2. Why does Andrew feel he has let Billy down?
3. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
4. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
5. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
6. What does Andrew guess and then have confirmed about his father's role the night of the shooting?
7. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
8. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
9. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
10. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)