|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
(a) Uncommonly white.
(d) Slightly pale.
2. Where did police look for a murder weapon, according to Andrew's farmer neighbor?
(a) In his fields.
3. What month is it in the last chapter of the novel?
4. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
(a) She does not want to be in debt to Andrew.
(b) Edith will know he's been there.
(c) She does not need anything.
(d) She does not like gifts.
5. What did Edith do when Andrew took the gun from her?
(a) Sat down.
(b) Attacked Eden.
(c) Ran out of the room.
(d) Punched him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
2. What is one of the things Andrew thinks about doing with Eden in New York City at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
4. What does Eden tell Andrew about Jim in Chapter 5?
5. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe T.J.'s home.
2. What kinds of gifts does Andrew bring Eden?
3. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
4. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
5. What does Andrew plan to do after he and Eden leave his mother's house?
6. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
7. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
8. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
9. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
10. What information does Eden tell Andrew about what she remembers after the shooting?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)