|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eden living at the end of the novel?
(a) At DeSalvo's house.
(b) Andrew's mother's house.
(c) In another city.
2. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
(b) Books in braille.
3. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
(a) To the bank for a loan.
(b) His son's soccer game.
(c) To show a house.
(d) To a real estate closing.
4. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
(a) She has mail for him.
(b) He forgot to come by for Billy.
(c) She wants to tell him she is sending books.
(d) She needs money.
5. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
2. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
3. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
4. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
5. When Andrew tells Eden that he wants her to come to New York City with him, what does Eden say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
2. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
3. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
4. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
5. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
6. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
7. What changes does Andrew make to Edith's kitchen in order to sell the house?
8. How does DeSalvo protect Eden in the luncheonette?
9. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
10. What kinds of gifts does Andrew bring Eden?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)