|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
2. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
(a) She has mail for him.
(b) He forgot to come by for Billy.
(c) She wants to tell him she is sending books.
(d) She needs money.
3. What does Andrew bring to T.J.'s house?
(a) Six pack of beer.
(b) Bottle of wine.
(d) Bread and cheese.
4. What did Andrew ask Eden to do after he took the gun from Edith?
(a) Take the gun downstairs.
(b) Call DeSalvo.
(c) Tie up Edith.
(d) Run outside and get help.
5. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
(a) Wild animal.
(b) Something large and strange.
(c) Like a nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
2. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
3. What did Edith do when Andrew took the gun from her?
4. Who is Geoffrey?
5. Where does Andrew find his mother's important papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Andrew make to Edith's kitchen in order to sell the house?
2. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
3. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
4. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
5. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
6. What kinds of gifts does Andrew bring Eden?
7. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
8. Why does Andrew buy Eden sneakers?
9. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
10. Why does Andrew feel he has let Billy down?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)