|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eden tell Andrew about Jim in Chapter 5?
(a) He refused to acknowledge what was happening.
(b) He was difficult.
(c) He hated her.
(d) He was always in her bed in one way or another.
2. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
3. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
(a) Signs of Eden's pregnancy.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His city apartment.
(d) Houses getting sold.
4. What year was the postcard from Jim dated that Andrew found in Edith's dresser drawer?
5. What is one of the things Andrew thinks about doing with Eden in New York City at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Watching fireworks.
(b) Going to a museum.
(c) Going to a concert and listening to a piano.
(d) Attending a political rally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
2. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
3. Who built a box for the gun?
4. What word does Andrew want to shout when Edith is pointing a gun at him and Eden?
5. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
2. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
3. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
4. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
5. Describe T.J.'s home.
6. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
7. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
8. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
9. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
10. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)