|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew say he loves after a "fresh rain"?
(a) Dark pavement.
(b) Wet trees.
(c) Clean streets.
(d) The earth.
2. How many days in a row do Andrew and Eden go to the pond in Chapter 5?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Ten days.
3. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
(a) Like a nightmare.
(c) Wild animal.
(d) Something large and strange.
4. Where did police look for a murder weapon, according to Andrew's farmer neighbor?
(a) In his fields.
5. Why is Andrew obsessed with Edith's house in the last chapter?
(a) He wants to make a lot of money off it.
(b) He wants to keep it in Eden's family.
(c) He hopes he can live there someday.
(d) He wants to transform it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
2. How does Eden learn that Edith is selling the house?
3. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
4. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
5. What does T.J. call Andrew when they are talking about Edith being in a mental institution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does DeSalvo come to Andrew's mother's house when Andrew is talking with Edith near the herb garden?
2. What information does Eden tell Andrew about what she remembers after the shooting?
3. How does DeSalvo protect Eden in the luncheonette?
4. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
5. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
6. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
7. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
8. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
9. What does Andrew guess and then have confirmed about his father's role the night of the shooting?
10. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)