|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it in the last chapter of the novel?
2. Who says "I won't have a son?"
3. What does the sundress look like that Eden is wearing when Andrew visits her the day after Edith warns him to stay away?
(a) Red with white stripes.
(c) Blue with white buttons.
4. What does Andrew do to Eden's hair in Chapter 4?
(a) Washes it.
(b) Braids it.
(c) Messes it up.
(d) Cuts it.
5. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
(a) Into town for lunch.
(b) Visit the library.
(c) For a walk through the cornfields.
(d) For a drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
2. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
3. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
4. What does O'Brien do when he sees Eden in Chapter 6?
5. How long does Eden usually sleep at one time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
2. What does Andrew plan to do after he and Eden leave his mother's house?
3. Describe T.J.'s home.
4. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
5. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
6. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
7. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
8. What does Andrew guess and then have confirmed about his father's role the night of the shooting?
9. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
10. Why does DeSalvo come to Andrew's mother's house when Andrew is talking with Edith near the herb garden?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)