|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
(a) She has mail for him.
(b) He forgot to come by for Billy.
(c) She needs money.
(d) She wants to tell him she is sending books.
2. Why did Mrs. DeSalvo go to the hospital, according to Mr. DeSalvo?
(c) Problems with her hips.
(d) Broken leg.
3. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
4. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Gutting the bathroom.
(b) Sanding the floor.
(c) Building a new deck.
(d) Painting the walls
5. What is one item Andrew finds in his mother's bureau drawer?
(b) String of pearls.
(d) Insurance papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
2. What does Edith find Eden using that Andrew gave her?
3. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
4. What does T.J. feel about the new life Andrew is beginning?
5. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
2. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
3. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
4. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
5. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
6. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
7. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
8. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
9. Describe T.J.'s home.
10. Why does Andrew feel he has let Billy down?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)