|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eden warn Andrew that Edith entered the bedroom?
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Shouts a warning.
(d) Uses her fingernails to cut into his skin.
2. What does Andrew find inside the drawer of Eden's desk?
(a) Photos of him.
(b) Clay sculptures.
3. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
(c) Laundry room.
(d) Kitchen closet.
4. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
(b) Like a nightmare.
(c) Something large and strange.
(d) Wild animal.
5. How does Eden learn that Edith is selling the house?
(a) T.J. called her.
(b) She heard her talking on the phone.
(c) Andrew told her.
(d) From someone who came by to look at the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does T.J. ask Andrew to do with him around 4 p.m. the day they are fixing up a house together?
2. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
3. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
4. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
5. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
2. What happens when Andrew and Eden are in the kitchen together for the first time?
3. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
4. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
5. What kinds of gifts does Andrew bring Eden?
6. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
7. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
8. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
9. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
10. Why does Andrew feel he has let Billy down?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)