|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Andrew obsessed with Edith's house in the last chapter?
(a) He wants to transform it.
(b) He wants to keep it in Eden's family.
(c) He hopes he can live there someday.
(d) He wants to make a lot of money off it.
2. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
(a) Sunglasses and shoes.
3. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
(b) Family history.
(c) Mementos of Eden.
(d) Valentine from Jim.
4. Where does Andrew find his mother's important papers?
(a) In a box under the bed.
(b) Filing cabinet.
(d) Shelf in the closet.
5. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
(c) Uncommonly white.
(d) Slightly pale.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
2. Where did police look for a murder weapon, according to Andrew's farmer neighbor?
3. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
4. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
5. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
2. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
3. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
4. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
5. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
6. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
7. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
8. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
9. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
10. Describe T.J.'s home.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)