|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
(a) Sunglasses and shoes.
2. What does O'Brien do when he sees Eden in Chapter 6?
(b) Throws something.
(c) Shouts insults.
(d) Stares at her.
3. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
(b) Books in braille.
4. What year was the postcard from Jim dated that Andrew found in Edith's dresser drawer?
5. Why did Eden feel she was being punished after the shooting?
(a) For loving her father, but not her mother.
(b) Because she shoplifted.
(c) For her behavior.
(d) Because she was adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
2. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
3. Why is Andrew obsessed with Edith's house in the last chapter?
4. How many days will Edith be under observation?
5. Where did Andrew's father hide the gun after Jim was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of gifts does Andrew bring Eden?
2. What happens when Andrew and Eden are in the kitchen together for the first time?
3. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
4. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
5. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
6. What does Andrew guess and then have confirmed about his father's role the night of the shooting?
7. Why does DeSalvo come to Andrew's mother's house when Andrew is talking with Edith near the herb garden?
8. What information does Eden tell Andrew about what she remembers after the shooting?
9. What does Andrew plan to do after he and Eden leave his mother's house?
10. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)