|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "I won't have a son?"
2. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) The window.
(b) The floor.
(c) Above the bed.
(d) In the ceiling.
3. How many days will Edith be under observation?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Sixty days.
(d) Ten days.
4. Why did Eden feel she was being punished after the shooting?
(a) Because she was adopted.
(b) For loving her father, but not her mother.
(c) For her behavior.
(d) Because she shoplifted.
5. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
(b) Sub shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
2. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
3. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
4. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
5. What year was the postcard from Jim dated that Andrew found in Edith's dresser drawer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
2. What does Eden tell Andrew that makes him think differently of Jim?
3. How does Eden respond when Andrew asks her to leave with him?
4. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
5. Why does Andrew buy Eden sneakers?
6. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
7. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
8. What information does Eden tell Andrew about what she remembers after the shooting?
9. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
10. Why does DeSalvo come to Andrew's mother's house when Andrew is talking with Edith near the herb garden?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)