|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
(a) Slightly pale.
(c) Uncommonly white.
2. Why does Andrew say he wants to go out on T.J.'s deck while they are eating dinner?
(a) He's freezing.
(b) He wants to check out the view.
(c) He sees the gas grill smoking.
(d) He needs some fresh air.
3. What does T.J. ask Andrew to do with him around 4 p.m. the day they are fixing up a house together?
(a) Go to a baseball game.
(b) Have dinner with Eden.
(c) Meet at a bar.
(d) Go for a run.
4. Why did Mrs. DeSalvo go to the hospital, according to Mr. DeSalvo?
(b) Broken leg.
(c) Problems with her hips.
5. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where at her house is Eden waiting for Andrew when he visits her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
3. How does Eden learn that Edith is selling the house?
4. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
5. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrew feel he has let Billy down?
2. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
3. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
4. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
5. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
6. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
7. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
8. Why does Andrew visit Mr. O'Brien?
9. Where did Edith go after she tried to shoot Eden?
10. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)