|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
(a) Family history.
(b) Valentine from Jim.
(d) Mementos of Eden.
2. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Swimming in the ocean.
(b) Playing tennis with Billy and Eden.
(c) Sightseeing in San Francisco.
(d) Making pancakes for Billy and Eden.
3. What does Andrew say he loves after a "fresh rain"?
(a) Wet trees.
(b) Dark pavement.
(c) Clean streets.
(d) The earth.
4. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
5. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edith do when Andrew took the gun from her?
2. What kind of garden is Andrew tending when Edith comes over and asks him to stay away from Eden?
3. Where does T.J. serve dinner when Andrew visits?
4. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
5. Where at her house is Eden waiting for Andrew when he visits her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
2. What does Didi say about Eden that makes Andrew angry?
3. Why is Andrew considered a hero in the town?
4. What does Andrew find in Eden's desk drawer?
5. What changes does Andrew make to Edith's kitchen in order to sell the house?
6. What important news does T.J. give Andrew when he calls to check on selling the house?
7. How does Andrew feel about the baby he and Eden are expecting?
8. What did Andrew find in Edith's dresser drawer?
9. What happened the night of the shooting that the reader learns when Andrew is telling T.J. the story?
10. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)