|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Andy and his mother the day Edith came over with a baby wrapped in a towel?
(a) Living room.
(d) Front porch.
2. What kind of house does Andrew's ex-wife live in?
3. Who shielded Andrew from seeing Jim Close's body being brought to the ambulance?
(a) A policeman.
(b) His mother.
(c) The ambulance driver.
(d) His father.
4. What did Eden invite Andy to do one summer day when he was off from work?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Go to the pond to swim.
(c) Walk to the library.
(d) Take a bike ride.
5. What were Sean's parents known for?
(a) Throwing big parties.
(b) Charitable work.
(c) Biggest garden in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew find in his closet that he wears doing chores around his mother's house the day after the funeral?
2. What was the baby in when she was left at the Closes' home?
3. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
4. What is the ad campaign subject that Andrew was working on when his mother died that he describes as a "bailiwick"?
5. How old was Eden when she briefly became a tomboy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eden's physical appearance the summer she gave up being a tomboy.
2. How did Sean react when Eden broke up with him?
3. What was Andy's opinion about stealing when Eden took jewelry from Woolworth's?
4. Why does Andrew return to his mother's house?
5. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
6. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
7. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
8. What bothers Chief DeSalvo about the Close case?
9. How did Andy handle Eden's advances while they were at the pond when he was eighteen?
10. Why does Andrew leave the luncheonette so quickly and speed home?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)