|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Eden want to do with Andy, Sean and T.J. in Chapter 2?
(a) Fly kites.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Ride motorcycles.
2. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
(a) A bandages.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A blankets.
(d) A rifle.
3. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
(a) Cold and dry.
(b) Rainy and stormy.
(d) Hot and humid.
4. What did Andrew's mother leave on the desk in his room that he sees in Chapter 1?
(a) Sewing machine.
(b) Old postcards.
(d) Letters from her husband.
5. What does Andrew call Eden at the end of Chapter 3?
(c) More beautiful than any woman he has ever seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Andrew work the summer before he left for college?
2. Where did Andy get his first job?
3. What does Eden remember about Andrew's hair the summer before he left for college?
4. What kind of car does Andrew drive?
5. What month was a baby left outside the Closes' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Edith's reaction to the baby left at her house?
2. How did Andy handle Eden's advances while they were at the pond when he was eighteen?
3. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
4. Describe the relationship between Andrew and Martha.
5. In what way did Edith react when the paramedics tried to get her to lie down on a stretcher after her husband was killed?
6. What does Andrew dream about the night of his mother's funeral?
7. Describe Edith Closes' appearance at Andrew's mother's funeral.
8. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
9. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
10. How did Eden become part of T.J., Sean and Andy's circle?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)