|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Eden when she briefly became a tomboy?
(a) Seven years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Eleven years old.
2. Who lives in Water's Edge?
(a) Sean's parents.
3. Where did Sean go after the shooting?
(a) New York City.
(c) San Francisco.
4. How long was Eden in a coma?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two days.
5. What affliction did Eden suffer from when she was injured the night her father was killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eden remember about Andrew's hair the summer before he left for college?
2. What noise does Andrew hear when he is getting ready to leave the Closes' house that makes him realize Eden must be awake?
3. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
4. What position did Eden play in the baseball game described in Chapter 2?
5. What animal tried to harm baby Eden when she was left outside in her carriage one afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Edith Closes' appearance at Andrew's mother's funeral.
2. Why did Eden think she would die young?
3. What do Andrew and his son Billy talk about on the phone when Martha calls from Nantucket?
4. Describe the relationship between Andrew and Martha.
5. Why does Andrew return to his mother's house?
6. Why does Andrew leave the luncheonette so quickly and speed home?
7. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
8. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
9. How did Sean react when Eden broke up with him?
10. In what way did Edith react when the paramedics tried to get her to lie down on a stretcher after her husband was killed?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)