|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew first notice about Martha when he met her?
(a) How tall she was.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her long blond hair.
(d) Her happiness.
2. Who has a job as a nurse?
(a) T.J.'s wife.
(d) Andrew's mother.
3. What were Sean's parents known for?
(a) Throwing big parties.
(c) Charitable work.
(d) Biggest garden in town.
4. Where does Billy's son live?
(a) New York City.
(d) New Jersey.
5. What affliction did Eden suffer from when she was injured the night her father was killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
2. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
3. Where were Andy and his mother the day Edith came over with a baby wrapped in a towel?
4. What is the name of Andrew's son?
5. What color velvet drapes are on the stage where refreshments are served in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eden become part of T.J., Sean and Andy's circle?
2. Describe Edith Closes' appearance at Andrew's mother's funeral.
3. What do Andrew and his son Billy talk about on the phone when Martha calls from Nantucket?
4. What was Andrew's mother's reaction to Jim's excitement about the baby left at the Closes' home?
5. How did Andy find out that Eden and Sean were a couple?
6. In what way did Edith react when the paramedics tried to get her to lie down on a stretcher after her husband was killed?
7. How did Jim and Edith care for Eden in different ways?
8. Describe Eden's physical appearance when Andrew sees her sitting at the top of the stairs in her house.
9. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
10. What does Andrew dream about the night of his mother's funeral?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)