|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Eden play in the baseball game described in Chapter 2?
(c) Third base.
2. Who is the narrator of the novel, "Eden Close"?
3. What does Edith serve Andrew when he visits the Close home the day after his mother's funeral?
(a) Iced Tea.
4. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Chicken casserole.
(b) Leftover spaghetti.
(c) Eggs Benedict.
(d) Piece of chocolate cake.
5. Where did Andrew work the summer before he left for college?
(a) A movie theatre.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An ice-cream stand.
(d) Texaco Station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jim always have in his pocket for young Andy?
2. How does Andrew describe Eden's hair when he sees her for the first time after his mother's funeral?
3. Who was Eden's boyfriend in the Spring before the shooting?
4. What did Andrew first notice about Martha when he met her?
5. Who says, "I remember how you smell" at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Andy handle Eden's advances while they were at the pond when he was eighteen?
2. How does Andrew remember protecting his mother the night Jim was killed?
3. What does Andrew remember about his father's actions the night Jim was killed?
4. In what way did Edith react when the paramedics tried to get her to lie down on a stretcher after her husband was killed?
5. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
6. What was Andy's opinion about stealing when Eden took jewelry from Woolworth's?
7. What was Andrew attracted to about Martha when he first met her?
8. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
9. Describe Eden's physical appearance the summer she gave up being a tomboy.
10. What was Andrew's mother's reaction to Jim's excitement about the baby left at the Closes' home?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)