|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the novel, "Eden Close"?
2. What noise does Andrew hear when he is getting ready to leave the Closes' house that makes him realize Eden must be awake?
(d) Radio playing.
3. Where does Billy's son live?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York City.
4. Who was the fastest skater Andrew had ever seen when he was a teen?
5. How does Eden tell the time?
(a) By the sounds she hears each day.
(b) She waits for Edith to tell her.
(c) A clock with a chime.
(d) A Braille clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eden when she briefly became a tomboy?
2. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. Who brought a pack of Old Gold cigarettes to the pond in winter?
4. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
5. Where is Andrew thinking of taking his son camping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Andrew attracted to about Martha when he first met her?
2. What does Andrew remember about his father's actions the night Jim was killed?
3. What did Andrew observe about Eden when she was carried out on a stretcher the night her father was killed?
4. Describe Eden's physical appearance the summer she gave up being a tomboy.
5. Why does Andrew return to his mother's house?
6. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
7. What was Andrew's mother's reaction to Jim's excitement about the baby left at the Closes' home?
8. Describe Eden's physical appearance when Andrew sees her sitting at the top of the stairs in her house.
9. What does Andrew dream about the night of his mother's funeral?
10. Why does Andrew leave the luncheonette so quickly and speed home?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)