|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hours does Edith work every day?
(a) Nine to six.
(b) Twelve to nine.
(c) One to five.
(d) Ten to two.
2. What did Eden shoplift from Woolworth's?
(b) Earrings and rings.
3. What did Andrew's mother leave on the desk in his room that he sees in Chapter 1?
(a) Letters from her husband.
(c) Old postcards.
(d) Sewing machine.
4. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
(a) The intruder was caught.
(b) It was too bad Eden couldn't testify.
(c) He's happy he solved it.
(d) The case bothers him.
5. What did Andrew first notice about Martha when he met her?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her long blond hair.
(c) How tall she was.
(d) Her happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Sean's parents known for?
2. What did Andrew's father tell Andrew and his mother about what happened to Eden the night her father was killed?
3. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
4. Who was the fastest skater Andrew had ever seen when he was a teen?
5. What affliction did Eden suffer from when she was injured the night her father was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
2. In what way did Edith react when the paramedics tried to get her to lie down on a stretcher after her husband was killed?
3. What was Andrew's mother's reaction to Jim's excitement about the baby left at the Closes' home?
4. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
5. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
6. How did Andy find out that Eden and Sean were a couple?
7. Why did Eden think she would die young?
8. How does Andrew remember protecting his mother the night Jim was killed?
9. How did Sean react when Eden broke up with him?
10. Describe the relationship between Andrew and Martha.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)