|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ad campaign subject that Andrew was working on when his mother died that he describes as a "bailiwick"?
(a) Hair care products.
(c) Pain reliever.
(d) Baby diapers.
2. What were Eden and Andy eating the night Eden said "Edith doesn't like me."
3. How old was Eden Close the night her father was killed?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
4. Which character dressed in a red smock when Eden and Andrew were young?
(a) T.J.s mother.
(b) Andrew's mother.
5. Who owns the working farm across the road from Andrew's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Edith Close say killed her husband?
2. What activity did Eden want to do with Andy, Sean and T.J. in Chapter 2?
3. What did Eden shoplift from Woolworth's?
4. What kind of job does Andrew have?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andrew remember protecting his mother the night Jim was killed?
2. How did Andy handle Eden's advances while they were at the pond when he was eighteen?
3. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
4. Describe Eden's physical appearance when Andrew sees her sitting at the top of the stairs in her house.
5. How did Jim and Edith care for Eden in different ways?
6. In what way was Andy confused by Eden's change in behavior on the first day of school when he was a senior?
7. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
8. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
9. What do Andrew and his son Billy talk about on the phone when Martha calls from Nantucket?
10. Describe Eden's physical appearance the summer she gave up being a tomboy.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)