|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
(a) At their first job.
(b) On the beach.
(d) Anti-war rally.
2. What does Andrew plan to do with his childhood home?
(a) Add on to it.
(b) Fix it up and sell it.
(c) Live in it.
(d) Rent it out.
3. Who was the fastest skater Andrew had ever seen when he was a teen?
4. How was Sean killed?
(a) Got hit by a car.
(b) Airplane crash.
(d) Heart attack.
5. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
(b) Ladies' Guild clubhouse.
(c) Andrew's home.
(d) Local restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month was a baby left outside the Closes' home?
2. What animal tried to harm baby Eden when she was left outside in her carriage one afternoon?
3. What was the name of the main business in the town where Andrew grew up?
4. What does Eden remember about Andrew's hair the summer before he left for college?
5. Who was Eden's boyfriend in the Spring before the shooting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrew remember about his father's actions the night Jim was killed?
2. What bothers Chief DeSalvo about the Close case?
3. Why does Andrew return to his mother's house?
4. How did Andy find out that Eden and Sean were a couple?
5. What was Edith's reaction to the baby left at her house?
6. What do Andrew and his son Billy talk about on the phone when Martha calls from Nantucket?
7. Describe Edith Closes' appearance at Andrew's mother's funeral.
8. Why did Eden think she would die young?
9. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
10. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)