|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal tried to harm baby Eden when she was left outside in her carriage one afternoon?
2. What was Sean's reaction when Eden refused to speak to him in the months before the shooting?
(b) Shrugged it off.
(c) Ignored her.
(d) Cried and then got angry.
3. Who owns the working farm across the road from Andrew's family?
4. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
(a) He's happy he solved it.
(b) The case bothers him.
(c) The intruder was caught.
(d) It was too bad Eden couldn't testify.
5. How old was Eden Close the night her father was killed?
(a) Twelve years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise does Andrew hear when he is getting ready to leave the Closes' house that makes him realize Eden must be awake?
2. What was Sean arrested for in the summer before the shooting?
3. What work did Jim do?
4. What did Andrew's father tell Andrew and his mother about what happened to Eden the night her father was killed?
5. What word did Andrew's mother use when Eden was young to describe Jim's "inability to discipline his daughter"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Andy handle Eden's advances while they were at the pond when he was eighteen?
2. Why does Andrew leave the luncheonette so quickly and speed home?
3. In what way was Andy confused by Eden's change in behavior on the first day of school when he was a senior?
4. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
5. How does Andrew remember protecting his mother the night Jim was killed?
6. How did Andy find out that Eden and Sean were a couple?
7. What was Andy's opinion about stealing when Eden took jewelry from Woolworth's?
8. What does Andrew remember about his father's actions the night Jim was killed?
9. Describe Edith Closes' appearance at Andrew's mother's funeral.
10. What do Andrew and his son Billy talk about on the phone when Martha calls from Nantucket?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)