|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Andrew's mother in the grocery store in the days before she died?
(a) She fell down and hurt herself.
(b) She crashed her cart into the produce.
(c) She lost her wallet.
(d) She nearly fainted.
2. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
(a) Held onto their arms.
(b) Protestested wildly.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Submitted easily.
3. What is the name of Andrew's secretary?
4. Who has a job as a nurse?
(a) T.J.'s wife.
(d) Andrew's mother.
5. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Eggs Benedict.
(b) Leftover spaghetti.
(c) Piece of chocolate cake.
(d) Chicken casserole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died of a massive stroke?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
3. What was Sean's reaction when Eden refused to speak to him in the months before the shooting?
4. How was Sean killed?
5. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jim and Edith care for Eden in different ways?
2. Why does Andrew return to his mother's house?
3. How did Eden become part of T.J., Sean and Andy's circle?
4. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
5. What was Andrew's mother's reaction to Jim's excitement about the baby left at the Closes' home?
6. Describe Edith Closes' appearance at Andrew's mother's funeral.
7. How did Eden react to her mother's show of affection when Jim was home?
8. What did Andrew observe about Eden when she was carried out on a stretcher the night her father was killed?
9. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
10. What does Andrew remember about his father's actions the night Jim was killed?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)