Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eden tell the time?
(a) By the sounds she hears each day.
(b) A Braille clock.
(c) A clock with a chime.
(d) She waits for Edith to tell her.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
3. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
(a) Local restaurant.
(b) Ladies' Guild clubhouse.
(d) Andrew's home.
4. What were Sean's parents known for?
(b) Throwing big parties.
(c) Biggest garden in town.
(d) Charitable work.
5. What was the baby in when she was left at the Closes' home?
(a) A baby car seat.
(b) A basket.
(c) A plastic tub.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andrew's father help Jim do with a swing set for Eden?
2. Where did Andy get his first job?
3. Who was Eden's boyfriend in the Spring before the shooting?
4. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
5. How was Sean killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
2. What happens at the pond when Andrew falls asleep?
3. Why does Edith warn Andrew not to visit Eden again?
4. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
5. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
6. What does Andrew dream about the night of his mother's funeral?
7. Describe what happens when Andrew brings Eden to the pond.
8. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
9. Who discovered Andrew's mother died?
10. What does T.J. tell Andrew about "the till being empty"?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)