|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far apart are Andrew and his neighbor's house?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Five hundred feet.
(c) Two thousand feet.
(d) Less than seventy feet.
2. What was the name of the main business in the town where Andrew grew up?
(a) Rand's Meatpacking plant.
(b) Sam's Lumber mill.
(c) Sara's Beauty Salon.
(d) Miller's Dairy.
3. Who shielded Andrew from seeing Jim Close's body being brought to the ambulance?
(a) The ambulance driver.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) A policeman.
4. What does Andrew do to his mother's house the morning after the funeral?
(a) Stains the porch steps.
(b) Repairs the windows.
(c) Scrapes the paint off.
(d) Replaces the porch.
5. How long was Eden in a coma?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
2. What noise does Andrew hear when he is getting ready to leave the Closes' house that makes him realize Eden must be awake?
3. What kind of job does Andrew have?
4. What does Andrew find in his closet that he wears doing chores around his mother's house the day after the funeral?
5. Where is Andrew thinking of taking his son camping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eden's physical appearance the summer she gave up being a tomboy.
2. How did Sean react when Eden broke up with him?
3. What was Andrew's mother's reaction to Jim's excitement about the baby left at the Closes' home?
4. How does Andrew remember protecting his mother the night Jim was killed?
5. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
6. What does Andrew remember about his father's actions the night Jim was killed?
7. Describe the relationship between Andrew and Martha.
8. What did Andrew observe about Eden when she was carried out on a stretcher the night her father was killed?
9. What was Andy's opinion about stealing when Eden took jewelry from Woolworth's?
10. What do Andrew and his son Billy talk about on the phone when Martha calls from Nantucket?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)