|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew drink from a jelly glass in his kitchen in Chapter 1?
(a) Ginger ale.
(d) Orange juice.
2. What was Sean arrested for in the summer before the shooting?
(a) Damaging the high school.
(b) Speeding and drunk driving.
(c) Public profanity.
(d) Selling drugs.
3. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
(a) A blankets.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A bandages.
4. What does Andrew call Eden at the end of Chapter 3?
(b) More beautiful than any woman he has ever seen.
5. What work did Jim do?
(c) Police Officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction did Eden suffer from when she was injured the night her father was killed?
2. What does Andrew offer to do at Edith's house?
3. What color eyes does Eden have?
4. Where did Andy get his first job?
5. Who did Edith Close say killed her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Andy handle Eden's advances while they were at the pond when he was eighteen?
2. What did Andrew observe about Eden when she was carried out on a stretcher the night her father was killed?
3. What does Andrew say when his secretary calls and asks when he will be back at work?
4. What does Andrew remember about his father's actions the night Jim was killed?
5. How did Eden react to her mother's show of affection when Jim was home?
6. What does Andrew think T.J.'s motivation is for visiting him at his mother's house after her funeral?
7. Describe Eden's physical appearance when Andrew sees her sitting at the top of the stairs in her house.
8. How did Sean react when Eden broke up with him?
9. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
10. In what way was Andy confused by Eden's change in behavior on the first day of school when he was a senior?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)