|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy's son live?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York City.
2. What hours does Edith work every day?
(a) Nine to six.
(b) Twelve to nine.
(c) One to five.
(d) Ten to two.
3. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
(a) On the beach.
(b) At their first job.
(d) Anti-war rally.
4. What does Billy want Andrew to not pack up in Chapter 3?
(a) Wooden go-cart.
(b) Volleyball net.
(c) Tennis racket.
5. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
(a) Rainy and stormy.
(b) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andrew's father help Jim do with a swing set for Eden?
2. Who shielded Andrew from seeing Jim Close's body being brought to the ambulance?
3. What animal tried to harm baby Eden when she was left outside in her carriage one afternoon?
4. How does Andrew describe Eden's hair when he sees her for the first time after his mother's funeral?
5. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Edith's reaction to the baby left at her house?
2. Why did Eden think she would die young?
3. How did Sean react when Eden broke up with him?
4. How did Eden react to her mother's show of affection when Jim was home?
5. What does Andrew dream about the night of his mother's funeral?
6. Who does Edith claim killed her husband?
7. Describe the relationship between Andrew and Martha.
8. What was Andrew's mother's reaction to Jim's excitement about the baby left at the Closes' home?
9. In what way did Edith react when the paramedics tried to get her to lie down on a stretcher after her husband was killed?
10. What is Edith's reaction when Andrew knocks on her door and wants to visit Eden?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)