|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
(b) Hot and humid.
(c) Rainy and stormy.
(d) Cold and dry.
2. What hours does Edith work every day?
(a) One to five.
(b) Nine to six.
(c) Twelve to nine.
(d) Ten to two.
3. What color eyes does Eden have?
4. Where did Sean go after the shooting?
(b) New York City.
(c) San Francisco.
5. What is the ad campaign subject that Andrew was working on when his mother died that he describes as a "bailiwick"?
(a) Pain reliever.
(b) Baby diapers.
(c) Hair care products.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Andrew's secretary?
2. Where is Eden waiting for Andrew when he hurries back to her house from town in Chapter 3?
3. What word did Andrew's mother use when Eden was young to describe Jim's "inability to discipline his daughter"?
4. What happened to Andrew's mother in the grocery store in the days before she died?
5. Where do Andrew and Chief DeSalvo see each other in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Andrew attracted to about Martha when he first met her?
2. Describe the relationship between Andrew and Martha.
3. Why does Andrew buy Eden sneakers?
4. What information does Eden reveal when Andrew persists in learning more about who she had been with in her bedroom before?
5. What bothers Chief DeSalvo about the Close case?
6. What is Geoffrey's response when Andrew says he needs more time away from the office?
7. What does Andrew learn when he asks T.J. if he had a sexual relationship with Eden?
8. What does Edith intend when she comes into Eden's room when Eden and Andrew are making love?
9. Why does Andrew return to his mother's house?
10. What kinds of gifts does Andrew bring Eden?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)