|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "I won't have a son?"
2. Where did Andrew's father hide the gun after Jim was killed?
(a) In his garage.
(b) Under the house.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In his closet.
3. Where at her house is Eden waiting for Andrew when he visits her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Living room.
(b) Back porch.
4. Why did Eden feel she was being punished after the shooting?
(a) Because she shoplifted.
(b) For loving her father, but not her mother.
(c) For her behavior.
(d) Because she was adopted.
5. Why does Andrew say he wants to go out on T.J.'s deck while they are eating dinner?
(a) He needs some fresh air.
(b) He's freezing.
(c) He wants to check out the view.
(d) He sees the gas grill smoking.
6. What did Edith do when Andrew took the gun from her?
(a) Punched him.
(b) Ran out of the room.
(c) Attacked Eden.
(d) Sat down.
7. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
8. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
9. Who is Geoffrey?
(a) Jayne's boyfriend.
(b) Martha's father.
(c) Billy's friend.
(d) Andrew's boss.
10. Where does Andrew find his mother's important papers?
(a) Shelf in the closet.
(c) In a box under the bed.
(d) Filing cabinet.
11. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
(c) Sub shop.
12. Why did Eden never say no to Jim?
(a) She felt scared.
(b) She felt it was her fault.
(c) She didn't understand what was happening.
(d) It was what she had to offer him.
13. What item does Andrew notice on top of the desk in Eden's bedroom?
(c) Photograph of Jim.
14. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
(a) Dining room.
(b) Lawn mower.
15. What does Andrew bring to T.J.'s house?
(a) Six pack of beer.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) Bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Mr. O'Brien express when Andrew stops in to visit him?
2. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
3. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
4. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
5. What dazes Andrew when he steps into T.J.'s foyer?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)