|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
(a) She dances around in happiness.
(b) She nods.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She cries and says yes.
2. Who is Geoffrey?
(a) Andrew's boss.
(b) Billy's friend.
(c) Jayne's boyfriend.
(d) Martha's father.
3. What is Eden wearing when she is in the kitchen waiting for Andrew after he buried the dog?
(a) Blue seersucker bathrobe.
(b) Gray dress.
(c) Khaki shorts.
(d) White pants.
4. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
(a) To the bank for a loan.
(b) To show a house.
(c) His son's soccer game.
(d) To a real estate closing.
5. How does Eden warn Andrew that Edith entered the bedroom?
(a) Shouts a warning.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Uses her fingernails to cut into his skin.
6. Where does T.J. serve dinner when Andrew visits?
(a) Dining room.
(c) T.V. trays in den.
7. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Gutting the bathroom.
(b) Painting the walls
(c) Building a new deck.
(d) Sanding the floor.
8. What does Edith say Eden will experience if Andrew continues to see her?
(b) Nervous breakdown.
9. What dazes Andrew when he steps into T.J.'s foyer?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Friendly dog.
(d) Mirrored walls.
10. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
(a) She does not need anything.
(b) She does not want to be in debt to Andrew.
(c) Edith will know he's been there.
(d) She does not like gifts.
11. How many days in a row do Andrew and Eden go to the pond in Chapter 5?
(a) Four days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Ten days.
12. What does Andrew say he loves after a "fresh rain"?
(a) The earth.
(b) Dark pavement.
(c) Wet trees.
(d) Clean streets.
13. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) Houses getting sold.
(c) His city apartment.
(d) Signs of Eden's pregnancy.
14. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
(a) Sub shop.
15. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
(c) Sunglasses and shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the light like in Eden's room at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What does T.J. ask Andrew to do with him around 4 p.m. the day they are fixing up a house together?
3. What personal information does T.J. tell Andrew about when he is working with him on Edith's house?
4. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
5. What kind of job does Martha's fiancée have?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)