|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Painting the walls
(b) Building a new deck.
(c) Gutting the bathroom.
(d) Sanding the floor.
2. What is Eden wearing when she is in the kitchen waiting for Andrew after he buried the dog?
(a) Khaki shorts.
(b) Blue seersucker bathrobe.
(c) Gray dress.
(d) White pants.
3. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
(a) Laundry room.
(b) Kitchen closet.
4. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
5. What color is Didi's hair?
6. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Making pancakes for Billy and Eden.
(b) Playing tennis with Billy and Eden.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Sightseeing in San Francisco.
7. What is the central color of the decor in T.J.'s house?
8. How does Eden learn that Edith is selling the house?
(a) Andrew told her.
(b) T.J. called her.
(c) She heard her talking on the phone.
(d) From someone who came by to look at the house.
9. Why does Andrew say he wants to go out on T.J.'s deck while they are eating dinner?
(a) He sees the gas grill smoking.
(b) He needs some fresh air.
(c) He wants to check out the view.
(d) He's freezing.
10. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
11. What did Andrew ask Eden to do after he took the gun from Edith?
(a) Run outside and get help.
(b) Call DeSalvo.
(c) Take the gun downstairs.
(d) Tie up Edith.
12. Where do Eden and O'Brien see each other at the end of the novel?
(b) DeSalvo's office.
13. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
14. What kind of garden is Andrew tending when Edith comes over and asks him to stay away from Eden?
15. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He moves slowly.
(b) He winces when he coughs.
(c) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
(d) He eyes look bright and feverish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
2. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
3. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
4. What year was the postcard from Jim dated that Andrew found in Edith's dresser drawer?
5. What does O'Brien do when he sees Eden in Chapter 6?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)