|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job does Martha's fiancée have?
2. What dazes Andrew when he steps into T.J.'s foyer?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Friendly dog.
(c) Mirrored walls.
3. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
(b) Something large and strange.
(c) Like a nightmare.
(d) Wild animal.
4. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
(a) Valentine from Jim.
(b) Family history.
(d) Mementos of Eden.
5. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
6. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
(b) Laundry room.
(c) Kitchen closet.
7. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
(c) Pink roses.
8. What does Andrew say hits his thighs and calves?
(c) Glass shards.
9. What does O'Brien do when he sees Eden in Chapter 6?
(a) Shouts insults.
(b) Stares at her.
(d) Throws something.
10. Who built a box for the gun?
(a) Andrew's father.
(d) T.J.'s father.
11. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
(c) Sunglasses and shoes.
12. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
(a) To show a house.
(b) His son's soccer game.
(c) To the bank for a loan.
(d) To a real estate closing.
13. What emotion does Mr. O'Brien express when Andrew stops in to visit him?
14. What does T.J. ask Andrew to do with him around 4 p.m. the day they are fixing up a house together?
(a) Have dinner with Eden.
(b) Go for a run.
(c) Go to a baseball game.
(d) Meet at a bar.
15. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She cries and says yes.
(c) She nods.
(d) She dances around in happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edith say Eden will experience if Andrew continues to see her?
2. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
3. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
4. What did Edith do when Andrew took the gun from her?
5. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)