|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal information does T.J. tell Andrew about when he is working with him on Edith's house?
(a) His children need a better education.
(b) He might lose his home from bad investments.
(c) He wants to be a hockey coach.
(d) He wants to live in the city.
2. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Sightseeing in San Francisco.
(b) Making pancakes for Billy and Eden.
(c) Playing tennis with Billy and Eden.
(d) Swimming in the ocean.
3. What does Andrew say hits his thighs and calves?
(d) Glass shards.
4. Where does T.J. serve dinner when Andrew visits?
(c) Dining room.
(d) T.V. trays in den.
5. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
(b) Lonely Girl.
(d) Wild thing.
6. What did Andrew ask Eden to do after he took the gun from Edith?
(a) Run outside and get help.
(b) Take the gun downstairs.
(c) Call DeSalvo.
(d) Tie up Edith.
7. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Sanding the floor.
(b) Painting the walls
(c) Building a new deck.
(d) Gutting the bathroom.
8. What does Andrew say he loves after a "fresh rain"?
(a) Wet trees.
(b) The earth.
(c) Clean streets.
(d) Dark pavement.
9. Why did Eden never say no to Jim?
(a) It was what she had to offer him.
(b) She didn't understand what was happening.
(c) She felt it was her fault.
(d) She felt scared.
10. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
11. Where did police look for a murder weapon, according to Andrew's farmer neighbor?
(c) In his fields.
12. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
13. What dazes Andrew when he steps into T.J.'s foyer?
(a) Mirrored walls.
(b) Friendly dog.
(c) Loud music.
14. What item does Andrew notice on top of the desk in Eden's bedroom?
(b) Photograph of Jim.
15. Why did Eden feel she was being punished after the shooting?
(a) Because she was adopted.
(b) For loving her father, but not her mother.
(c) For her behavior.
(d) Because she shoplifted.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Andrew tells Eden that he wants her to come to New York City with him, what does Eden say?
2. What kind of garden is Andrew tending when Edith comes over and asks him to stay away from Eden?
3. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
4. Why did Mrs. DeSalvo go to the hospital, according to Mr. DeSalvo?
5. Where did Andrew's father hide the gun after Jim was killed?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)