|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eden never say no to Jim?
(a) She felt scared.
(b) She felt it was her fault.
(c) She didn't understand what was happening.
(d) It was what she had to offer him.
2. Who is Geoffrey?
(a) Jayne's boyfriend.
(b) Martha's father.
(c) Billy's friend.
(d) Andrew's boss.
3. Who is Didi?
(a) T.J.'s wife.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Real estate agent.
(d) Restaurant owner.
4. How many days will Edith be under observation?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Sixty days.
5. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
(a) Laundry room.
(b) Kitchen closet.
6. What personal information does T.J. tell Andrew about when he is working with him on Edith's house?
(a) He wants to live in the city.
(b) His children need a better education.
(c) He wants to be a hockey coach.
(d) He might lose his home from bad investments.
7. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
8. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He moves slowly.
(b) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
(c) He eyes look bright and feverish.
(d) He winces when he coughs.
9. What emotion does Mr. O'Brien express when Andrew stops in to visit him?
10. What does Eden say T.J. lies about?
(b) His exam scores.
(c) His job status.
(d) How much money he makes.
11. What does Eden tell Andrew about Jim in Chapter 5?
(a) He hated her.
(b) He was always in her bed in one way or another.
(c) He refused to acknowledge what was happening.
(d) He was difficult.
12. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
(a) By the side of the road.
(b) By the sunflowers.
(c) Under the hydrangea tree.
(d) In the field.
13. Where is Eden living at the end of the novel?
(b) At DeSalvo's house.
(c) Andrew's mother's house.
(d) In another city.
14. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
(b) Books in braille.
15. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
(a) Something large and strange.
(b) Like a nightmare.
(d) Wild animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where at her house is Eden waiting for Andrew when he visits her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Where does T.J. serve dinner when Andrew visits?
3. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
4. What month is it in the last chapter of the novel?
5. What does Andrew find inside the drawer of Eden's desk?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)