|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eden wearing when she is in the kitchen waiting for Andrew after he buried the dog?
(a) Gray dress.
(b) White pants.
(c) Blue seersucker bathrobe.
(d) Khaki shorts.
2. What does Andrew apologize to T.J. for when they are fixing up Edith's house?
(a) Believing he knew who the intruder was.
(b) Believing he was in love with Eden.
(c) For acting rudely at T.J.'s house.
(d) Thinking he had been the one to shoot Jim.
3. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Like a dancer.
(b) Like an athlete.
(c) Like a madman.
(d) Like a gazelle.
4. Why does Andrew say he wants to go out on T.J.'s deck while they are eating dinner?
(a) He sees the gas grill smoking.
(b) He needs some fresh air.
(c) He's freezing.
(d) He wants to check out the view.
5. What word does Andrew want to shout when Edith is pointing a gun at him and Eden?
6. What item does Andrew notice on top of the desk in Eden's bedroom?
(d) Photograph of Jim.
7. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
8. Where is Eden living at the end of the novel?
(a) At DeSalvo's house.
(b) In another city.
(c) Andrew's mother's house.
9. How many days will Edith be under observation?
(a) Sixty days.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Ten days.
10. What does Andrew bring to T.J.'s house?
(b) Bottle of wine.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) Six pack of beer.
11. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Pink roses.
12. What dazes Andrew when he steps into T.J.'s foyer?
(b) Loud music.
(c) Friendly dog.
(d) Mirrored walls.
13. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
(a) Sub shop.
14. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
15. Why did Mrs. DeSalvo go to the hospital, according to Mr. DeSalvo?
(c) Problems with her hips.
(d) Broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edith find Eden using that Andrew gave her?
2. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
3. What is one item Andrew finds in his mother's bureau drawer?
4. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
5. What does the sundress look like that Eden is wearing when Andrew visits her the day after Edith warns him to stay away?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)