|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Building a new deck.
(b) Painting the walls
(c) Sanding the floor.
(d) Gutting the bathroom.
2. Where do Eden and O'Brien see each other at the end of the novel?
(d) DeSalvo's office.
3. Where did police look for a murder weapon, according to Andrew's farmer neighbor?
(a) In his fields.
4. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
(c) Pink roses.
5. What does Andrew bring to T.J.'s house?
(b) Bread and cheese.
(c) Bottle of wine.
(d) Six pack of beer.
6. What is one item Andrew finds in his mother's bureau drawer?
(a) Insurance papers.
(b) String of pearls.
7. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
8. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He moves slowly.
(b) He winces when he coughs.
(c) He eyes look bright and feverish.
(d) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
9. What year was the postcard from Jim dated that Andrew found in Edith's dresser drawer?
10. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
(b) Sub shop.
11. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
12. What item does Andrew notice on top of the desk in Eden's bedroom?
(c) Photograph of Jim.
13. Why did Eden never say no to Jim?
(a) She felt scared.
(b) She didn't understand what was happening.
(c) She felt it was her fault.
(d) It was what she had to offer him.
14. What does Andrew find inside the drawer of Eden's desk?
(a) Clay sculptures.
(c) Photos of him.
15. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
2. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
3. Who says "I won't have a son?"
4. What does Edith find Eden using that Andrew gave her?
5. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)