|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Painting the walls
(b) Sanding the floor.
(c) Building a new deck.
(d) Gutting the bathroom.
2. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
(c) Lonely Girl.
(d) Wild thing.
3. What does Andrew say hits his thighs and calves?
(c) Glass shards.
4. Why did Eden feel she was being punished after the shooting?
(a) For her behavior.
(b) Because she was adopted.
(c) Because she shoplifted.
(d) For loving her father, but not her mother.
5. What is Eden wearing when she is in the kitchen waiting for Andrew after he buried the dog?
(a) Gray dress.
(b) White pants.
(c) Blue seersucker bathrobe.
(d) Khaki shorts.
6. What year was the postcard from Jim dated that Andrew found in Edith's dresser drawer?
7. What does O'Brien do when he sees Eden in Chapter 6?
(a) Shouts insults.
(c) Stares at her.
(d) Throws something.
8. What personal information does T.J. tell Andrew about when he is working with him on Edith's house?
(a) He wants to live in the city.
(b) His children need a better education.
(c) He wants to be a hockey coach.
(d) He might lose his home from bad investments.
9. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
(b) Something large and strange.
(c) Wild animal.
(d) Like a nightmare.
10. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
(a) Slightly pale.
(d) Uncommonly white.
11. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
(a) Edith will know he's been there.
(b) She does not like gifts.
(c) She does not want to be in debt to Andrew.
(d) She does not need anything.
12. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Pink roses.
13. What kind of job does Martha's fiancée have?
14. Where do Eden and O'Brien see each other at the end of the novel?
(c) DeSalvo's office.
15. What does Andrew find inside the drawer of Eden's desk?
(a) Clay sculptures.
(c) Photos of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
2. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
3. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
4. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
5. What does Eden tell Andrew about Jim in Chapter 5?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)