|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
(a) Valentine from Jim.
(b) Mementos of Eden.
(c) Family history.
2. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Above the bed.
(b) In the ceiling.
(c) The window.
(d) The floor.
3. What does Andrew do to Eden's hair in Chapter 4?
(a) Cuts it.
(b) Messes it up.
(c) Braids it.
(d) Washes it.
4. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
(b) Dining room.
(d) Lawn mower.
5. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Gutting the bathroom.
(b) Building a new deck.
(c) Painting the walls
(d) Sanding the floor.
6. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
7. What year was the postcard from Jim dated that Andrew found in Edith's dresser drawer?
8. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
(a) Stop the direction of the bullet.
(b) Cause a diversion.
(c) Flip over the bed for protection.
(d) Tackle Edith.
9. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
(b) Something large and strange.
(c) Wild animal.
(d) Like a nightmare.
10. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
(b) Sub shop.
11. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
(a) Eden has been injured.
(b) He feels a burning sensation in his arm.
(c) The gun is not intended for him.
(d) Edith is mentally ill.
12. How does Eden warn Andrew that Edith entered the bedroom?
(a) Uses her fingernails to cut into his skin.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Shouts a warning.
13. What does T.J. ask Andrew to do with him around 4 p.m. the day they are fixing up a house together?
(a) Go for a run.
(b) Go to a baseball game.
(c) Meet at a bar.
(d) Have dinner with Eden.
14. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Like a gazelle.
(b) Like a dancer.
(c) Like an athlete.
(d) Like a madman.
15. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
(a) Signs of Eden's pregnancy.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) Houses getting sold.
(d) His city apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
2. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
3. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
4. What kind of job does Martha's fiancée have?
5. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)