Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
(a) Eden has been injured.
(b) The gun is not intended for him.
(c) He feels a burning sensation in his arm.
(d) Edith is mentally ill.
2. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
(b) Lawn mower.
(d) Dining room.
3. What color is Didi's hair?
4. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
5. What does Eden tell Andrew about Jim in Chapter 5?
(a) He was difficult.
(b) He was always in her bed in one way or another.
(c) He hated her.
(d) He refused to acknowledge what was happening.
6. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Sightseeing in San Francisco.
(b) Playing tennis with Billy and Eden.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Making pancakes for Billy and Eden.
7. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Like a gazelle.
(b) Like an athlete.
(c) Like a dancer.
(d) Like a madman.
8. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Gutting the bathroom.
(b) Building a new deck.
(c) Sanding the floor.
(d) Painting the walls
9. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
(a) Sub shop.
10. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
(a) Kitchen closet.
(b) Laundry room.
11. What does T.J. feel about the new life Andrew is beginning?
12. What word does Andrew want to shout when Edith is pointing a gun at him and Eden?
13. What kind of garden is Andrew tending when Edith comes over and asks him to stay away from Eden?
14. What does T.J. call Andrew when they are talking about Edith being in a mental institution?
15. What is the light like in Eden's room at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
2. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
3. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
4. What did Andrew ask Eden to do after he took the gun from Edith?
5. What color did Andrew paint Edith's kitchen in Chapter 6?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)