|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things Andrew thinks about doing with Eden in New York City at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Attending a political rally.
(b) Going to a concert and listening to a piano.
(c) Going to a museum.
(d) Watching fireworks.
2. What is one item Andrew finds in his mother's bureau drawer?
(a) String of pearls.
(b) Insurance papers.
3. What kind of garden is Andrew tending when Edith comes over and asks him to stay away from Eden?
4. What does Eden tell Andrew about Jim in Chapter 5?
(a) He refused to acknowledge what was happening.
(b) He was always in her bed in one way or another.
(c) He was difficult.
(d) He hated her.
5. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
6. Why did Eden never say no to Jim?
(a) She felt scared.
(b) She felt it was her fault.
(c) She didn't understand what was happening.
(d) It was what she had to offer him.
7. Why did Mrs. DeSalvo go to the hospital, according to Mr. DeSalvo?
(b) Problems with her hips.
(d) Broken leg.
8. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
9. What does Andrew bring to T.J.'s house?
(a) Bread and cheese.
(c) Bottle of wine.
(d) Six pack of beer.
10. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
11. Where does Andrew find his mother's important papers?
(a) In a box under the bed.
(b) Filing cabinet.
(c) Shelf in the closet.
12. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
(a) Lawn mower.
(c) Dining room.
13. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
(a) Under the hydrangea tree.
(b) By the side of the road.
(c) By the sunflowers.
(d) In the field.
14. Who is Geoffrey?
(a) Jayne's boyfriend.
(b) Andrew's boss.
(c) Billy's friend.
(d) Martha's father.
15. When Andrew tells Eden that he wants her to come to New York City with him, what does Eden say?
(a) I'm afraid.
(b) Thank you for rescuing me.
(c) Let's go.
(d) I can't leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does T.J. serve dinner when Andrew visits?
2. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
3. Where at her house is Eden waiting for Andrew when he visits her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)