|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
(a) Lonely Girl.
(d) Wild thing.
2. Who built a box for the gun?
(b) Andrew's father.
(d) T.J.'s father.
3. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
(a) She nods.
(b) She dances around in happiness.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She cries and says yes.
4. Where did police look for a murder weapon, according to Andrew's farmer neighbor?
(b) In his fields.
5. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
6. Why did Eden feel she was being punished after the shooting?
(a) Because she was adopted.
(b) For loving her father, but not her mother.
(c) Because she shoplifted.
(d) For her behavior.
7. Who says "I won't have a son?"
8. What is one of the things Andrew thinks about doing with Eden in New York City at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Watching fireworks.
(b) Going to a museum.
(c) Attending a political rally.
(d) Going to a concert and listening to a piano.
9. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Like a gazelle.
(b) Like a dancer.
(c) Like an athlete.
(d) Like a madman.
10. Why does Andrew say he wants to go out on T.J.'s deck while they are eating dinner?
(a) He's freezing.
(b) He wants to check out the view.
(c) He needs some fresh air.
(d) He sees the gas grill smoking.
11. What emotion does Mr. O'Brien express when Andrew stops in to visit him?
12. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
(a) T.J.'s is the smallest.
(b) Each is painted a different color.
(c) They are identical.
(d) T.J.'s is the biggest.
13. When Andrew tells Eden that he wants her to come to New York City with him, what does Eden say?
(a) I can't leave.
(b) Thank you for rescuing me.
(c) I'm afraid.
(d) Let's go.
14. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He winces when he coughs.
(b) He moves slowly.
(c) He eyes look bright and feverish.
(d) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
15. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does T.J. feel about the new life Andrew is beginning?
2. What does Edith say Eden will experience if Andrew continues to see her?
3. What kind of job does Martha's fiancée have?
4. Where do Eden and O'Brien see each other at the end of the novel?
5. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)