|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andrew find his mother's important papers?
(a) Shelf in the closet.
(b) Filing cabinet.
(d) In a box under the bed.
2. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
3. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
(a) His son's soccer game.
(b) To a real estate closing.
(c) To show a house.
(d) To the bank for a loan.
4. What does Eden say T.J. lies about?
(a) His job status.
(b) His exam scores.
(c) How much money he makes.
5. Where at her house is Eden waiting for Andrew when he visits her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Back porch.
(c) Living room.
6. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
(a) Uncommonly white.
(c) Slightly pale.
7. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His city apartment.
(c) Signs of Eden's pregnancy.
(d) Houses getting sold.
8. Who is Geoffrey?
(a) Andrew's boss.
(b) Jayne's boyfriend.
(c) Billy's friend.
(d) Martha's father.
9. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
(d) Sunglasses and shoes.
10. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
11. What does Andrew do to Eden's hair in Chapter 4?
(a) Braids it.
(b) Cuts it.
(c) Messes it up.
(d) Washes it.
12. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
(a) Like a nightmare.
(b) Something large and strange.
(c) Wild animal.
13. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Like a dancer.
(b) Like a gazelle.
(c) Like a madman.
(d) Like an athlete.
14. Who is Didi?
(a) Real estate agent.
(b) Restaurant owner.
(c) T.J.'s wife.
(d) Police officer.
15. What personal information does T.J. tell Andrew about when he is working with him on Edith's house?
(a) He wants to live in the city.
(b) He wants to be a hockey coach.
(c) He might lose his home from bad investments.
(d) His children need a better education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Eden and O'Brien see each other at the end of the novel?
2. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
4. What does Edith find Eden using that Andrew gave her?
5. What is one item Andrew finds in his mother's bureau drawer?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)