|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sundress look like that Eden is wearing when Andrew visits her the day after Edith warns him to stay away?
(a) Red with white stripes.
(b) Blue with white buttons.
2. What year was the postcard from Jim dated that Andrew found in Edith's dresser drawer?
3. Where is Eden living at the end of the novel?
(b) In another city.
(c) At DeSalvo's house.
(d) Andrew's mother's house.
4. Who built a box for the gun?
(a) Andrew's father.
(d) T.J.'s father.
5. What does T.J. ask Andrew to do with him around 4 p.m. the day they are fixing up a house together?
(a) Go for a run.
(b) Have dinner with Eden.
(c) Meet at a bar.
(d) Go to a baseball game.
6. Where does Andrew go after he brings Eden back home in Chapter 4?
(d) Police station.
7. When Andrew tells Eden that he wants her to come to New York City with him, what does Eden say?
(a) Let's go.
(b) I'm afraid.
(c) I can't leave.
(d) Thank you for rescuing me.
8. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He winces when he coughs.
(b) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
(c) He eyes look bright and feverish.
(d) He moves slowly.
9. Why did Eden feel she was being punished after the shooting?
(a) For her behavior.
(b) For loving her father, but not her mother.
(c) Because she was adopted.
(d) Because she shoplifted.
10. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
(d) Sub shop.
11. What does Andrew say hits his thighs and calves?
(a) Glass shards.
12. What kind of job does Martha's fiancée have?
13. What word does Andrew want to shout when Edith is pointing a gun at him and Eden?
14. What does Eden tell Andrew about Jim in Chapter 5?
(a) He hated her.
(b) He refused to acknowledge what was happening.
(c) He was difficult.
(d) He was always in her bed in one way or another.
15. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
(a) For a walk through the cornfields.
(b) Visit the library.
(c) Into town for lunch.
(d) For a drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edith do when Andrew took the gun from her?
2. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
3. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
4. How many days will Edith be under observation?
5. What is one of the things Andrew thinks about doing with Eden in New York City at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)