|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Above the bed.
(b) The floor.
(c) The window.
(d) In the ceiling.
2. What is Eden wearing when she is in the kitchen waiting for Andrew after he buried the dog?
(a) White pants.
(b) Khaki shorts.
(c) Blue seersucker bathrobe.
(d) Gray dress.
3. How does Eden warn Andrew that Edith entered the bedroom?
(a) Slaps him.
(c) Uses her fingernails to cut into his skin.
(d) Shouts a warning.
4. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
5. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
(a) Each is painted a different color.
(b) T.J.'s is the smallest.
(c) They are identical.
(d) T.J.'s is the biggest.
6. What does Andrew do to Eden's hair in Chapter 4?
(a) Washes it.
(b) Cuts it.
(c) Messes it up.
(d) Braids it.
7. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
8. Why is Andrew obsessed with Edith's house in the last chapter?
(a) He wants to keep it in Eden's family.
(b) He wants to transform it.
(c) He wants to make a lot of money off it.
(d) He hopes he can live there someday.
9. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Making pancakes for Billy and Eden.
(b) Playing tennis with Billy and Eden.
(c) Sightseeing in San Francisco.
(d) Swimming in the ocean.
10. What dazes Andrew when he steps into T.J.'s foyer?
(a) Mirrored walls.
(c) Friendly dog.
(d) Loud music.
11. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
12. What emotion does Mr. O'Brien express when Andrew stops in to visit him?
13. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Like a madman.
(b) Like an athlete.
(c) Like a dancer.
(d) Like a gazelle.
14. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
(a) His city apartment.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) Houses getting sold.
(d) Signs of Eden's pregnancy.
15. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
(a) Kitchen closet.
(c) Laundry room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DeSalvo ask that O'Brien receive in Chapter 6?
2. What kind of garden is Andrew tending when Edith comes over and asks him to stay away from Eden?
3. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
4. Who built a box for the gun?
5. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)