|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
(a) Flip over the bed for protection.
(b) Stop the direction of the bullet.
(c) Tackle Edith.
(d) Cause a diversion.
2. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
(a) For a drive.
(b) Into town for lunch.
(c) Visit the library.
(d) For a walk through the cornfields.
3. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
4. What is Eden wearing when she is in the kitchen waiting for Andrew after he buried the dog?
(a) Khaki shorts.
(b) Blue seersucker bathrobe.
(c) White pants.
(d) Gray dress.
5. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) In the ceiling.
(b) Above the bed.
(c) The window.
(d) The floor.
6. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
7. What does Eden say T.J. lies about?
(b) How much money he makes.
(c) His job status.
(d) His exam scores.
8. What does Andrew apologize to T.J. for when they are fixing up Edith's house?
(a) Believing he was in love with Eden.
(b) Believing he knew who the intruder was.
(c) Thinking he had been the one to shoot Jim.
(d) For acting rudely at T.J.'s house.
9. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
(a) She needs money.
(b) He forgot to come by for Billy.
(c) She has mail for him.
(d) She wants to tell him she is sending books.
10. Where does Andrew go after he brings Eden back home in Chapter 4?
(d) Police station.
11. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
(a) She does not like gifts.
(b) She does not need anything.
(c) She does not want to be in debt to Andrew.
(d) Edith will know he's been there.
12. When Andrew tells Eden that he wants her to come to New York City with him, what does Eden say?
(a) I can't leave.
(b) Let's go.
(c) Thank you for rescuing me.
(d) I'm afraid.
13. Why did Mrs. DeSalvo go to the hospital, according to Mr. DeSalvo?
(b) Broken leg.
(d) Problems with her hips.
14. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
(a) She dances around in happiness.
(b) She nods.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She cries and says yes.
15. Where do Eden and O'Brien see each other at the end of the novel?
(d) DeSalvo's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andrew ask Eden to do after he took the gun from Edith?
2. Where does T.J. serve dinner when Andrew visits?
3. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
4. Where does Andrew find his mother's important papers?
5. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)