|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andrew go after he brings Eden back home in Chapter 4?
(a) Police station.
2. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
(c) Books in braille.
3. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
4. What does Andrew do to Eden's hair in Chapter 4?
(a) Washes it.
(b) Cuts it.
(c) Messes it up.
(d) Braids it.
5. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
6. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
(a) Edith will know he's been there.
(b) She does not need anything.
(c) She does not want to be in debt to Andrew.
(d) She does not like gifts.
7. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
8. What does Eden tell Andrew about Jim in Chapter 5?
(a) He refused to acknowledge what was happening.
(b) He was always in her bed in one way or another.
(c) He was difficult.
(d) He hated her.
9. Where did Andrew's father hide the gun after Jim was killed?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In his garage.
(c) In his closet.
(d) Under the house.
10. What does Edith find Eden using that Andrew gave her?
(d) Tape recorder.
11. Why did Eden feel she was being punished after the shooting?
(a) For her behavior.
(b) Because she was adopted.
(c) Because she shoplifted.
(d) For loving her father, but not her mother.
12. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
(a) She cries and says yes.
(b) She gives him a hug.
(c) She nods.
(d) She dances around in happiness.
13. What does T.J. ask Andrew to do with him around 4 p.m. the day they are fixing up a house together?
(a) Go for a run.
(b) Have dinner with Eden.
(c) Go to a baseball game.
(d) Meet at a bar.
14. How does Andrew describe Edith's gun when she points it at him and Eden?
(a) Something large and strange.
(b) Like a nightmare.
(c) Wild animal.
15. Where did police look for a murder weapon, according to Andrew's farmer neighbor?
(b) In his fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Andrew persuades Eden to leave the house, what does he realize she is missing?
2. What is the central color of the decor in T.J.'s house?
3. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
4. What is one item Andrew finds in his mother's bureau drawer?
5. What month is it in the last chapter of the novel?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)