|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
(a) Cause a diversion.
(b) Tackle Edith.
(c) Flip over the bed for protection.
(d) Stop the direction of the bullet.
2. What does T.J. ask Andrew to do with him around 4 p.m. the day they are fixing up a house together?
(a) Meet at a bar.
(b) Go for a run.
(c) Go to a baseball game.
(d) Have dinner with Eden.
3. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
4. Why is Andrew obsessed with Edith's house in the last chapter?
(a) He hopes he can live there someday.
(b) He wants to keep it in Eden's family.
(c) He wants to make a lot of money off it.
(d) He wants to transform it.
5. What does DeSalvo ask that O'Brien receive in Chapter 6?
(c) Hot chocolate.
6. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
7. What is one item Andrew finds in his mother's bureau drawer?
(a) String of pearls.
(b) Insurance papers.
8. What color is Didi's hair?
9. What simile does the author use to describe Andrew's leap off the bed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Like a dancer.
(b) Like a gazelle.
(c) Like an athlete.
(d) Like a madman.
10. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
11. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
(a) Family history.
(c) Valentine from Jim.
(d) Mementos of Eden.
12. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
13. What is the light like in Eden's room at the end of Chapter 5?
14. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
15. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Building a new deck.
(b) Sanding the floor.
(c) Gutting the bathroom.
(d) Painting the walls
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andrew say he wants to go out on T.J.'s deck while they are eating dinner?
2. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
3. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
4. What does Andrew bring to T.J.'s house?
5. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)