|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Making pancakes for Billy and Eden.
(b) Sightseeing in San Francisco.
(c) Playing tennis with Billy and Eden.
(d) Swimming in the ocean.
2. How long does Eden usually sleep at one time?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Three or four hours.
(d) Twelve hours.
3. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
4. What does Andrew say hits his thighs and calves?
(c) Glass shards.
5. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
(a) Dining room.
(d) Lawn mower.
6. What item does Andrew notice on top of the desk in Eden's bedroom?
(c) Photograph of Jim.
7. What does Andrew bring to Eden from the library?
(b) Books in braille.
8. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
9. What does Edith find Eden using that Andrew gave her?
(d) Tape recorder.
10. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
(a) T.J.'s is the smallest.
(b) T.J.'s is the biggest.
(c) Each is painted a different color.
(d) They are identical.
11. What kind of job does Martha's fiancée have?
12. What does Eden say T.J. lies about?
(a) How much money he makes.
(b) His exam scores.
(d) His job status.
13. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
(a) To a real estate closing.
(b) His son's soccer game.
(c) To the bank for a loan.
(d) To show a house.
14. What does the sundress look like that Eden is wearing when Andrew visits her the day after Edith warns him to stay away?
(b) Red with white stripes.
(c) Blue with white buttons.
15. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) The window.
(b) Above the bed.
(c) In the ceiling.
(d) The floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Brien do when he sees Eden in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Andrew find his mother's important papers?
3. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
4. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
5. What is one of the things Andrew thinks about doing with Eden in New York City at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)