|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew say hits his thighs and calves?
(a) Glass shards.
2. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
(a) He forgot to come by for Billy.
(b) She needs money.
(c) She has mail for him.
(d) She wants to tell him she is sending books.
3. Where does T.J. serve dinner when Andrew visits?
(a) T.V. trays in den.
(d) Dining room.
4. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
(a) Wild thing.
(c) Lonely Girl.
5. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He eyes look bright and feverish.
(b) He moves slowly.
(c) He winces when he coughs.
(d) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
6. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
(a) T.J.'s is the biggest.
(b) They are identical.
(c) T.J.'s is the smallest.
(d) Each is painted a different color.
7. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
(a) Lawn mower.
(d) Dining room.
8. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
(b) Kitchen closet.
(d) Laundry room.
9. What year was the postcard from Jim dated that Andrew found in Edith's dresser drawer?
10. What is one of the things Andrew thinks about doing with Eden in New York City at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Going to a museum.
(b) Going to a concert and listening to a piano.
(c) Watching fireworks.
(d) Attending a political rally.
11. What emotion does Mr. O'Brien express when Andrew stops in to visit him?
12. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) In the ceiling.
(b) The window.
(c) Above the bed.
(d) The floor.
13. Who is Didi?
(a) Real estate agent.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Restaurant owner.
(d) T.J.'s wife.
14. Where at her house is Eden waiting for Andrew when he visits her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Living room.
(c) Back porch.
15. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days will Edith be under observation?
2. What kind of garden is Andrew tending when Edith comes over and asks him to stay away from Eden?
3. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
4. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
5. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)