|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew bring to T.J.'s house?
(a) Six pack of beer.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(d) Bottle of wine.
2. What item does Andrew notice on top of the desk in Eden's bedroom?
(d) Photograph of Jim.
3. What does O'Brien do when he sees Eden in Chapter 6?
(a) Stares at her.
(b) Shouts insults.
(c) Throws something.
4. What kind of garden is Andrew tending when Edith comes over and asks him to stay away from Eden?
5. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He moves slowly.
(b) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
(c) He winces when he coughs.
(d) He eyes look bright and feverish.
6. Why did Eden never say no to Jim?
(a) She felt it was her fault.
(b) It was what she had to offer him.
(c) She didn't understand what was happening.
(d) She felt scared.
7. What did Edith do when Andrew took the gun from her?
(a) Sat down.
(b) Attacked Eden.
(c) Ran out of the room.
(d) Punched him.
8. What kind of job does Martha's fiancée have?
9. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
10. What does Andrew say hits his thighs and calves?
(a) Glass shards.
11. Who told DeSalvo the story about the night of the shooting after Edith tried to kill Eden for the second time?
12. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
(a) Under the hydrangea tree.
(b) By the side of the road.
(c) In the field.
(d) By the sunflowers.
13. What did Andrew ask Eden to do after he took the gun from Edith?
(a) Take the gun downstairs.
(b) Call DeSalvo.
(c) Run outside and get help.
(d) Tie up Edith.
14. What dazes Andrew when he steps into T.J.'s foyer?
(b) Friendly dog.
(c) Mirrored walls.
(d) Loud music.
15. What does T.J. ask Andrew to do with him around 4 p.m. the day they are fixing up a house together?
(a) Meet at a bar.
(b) Go to a baseball game.
(c) Have dinner with Eden.
(d) Go for a run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
2. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
3. Why did Mrs. DeSalvo go to the hospital, according to Mr. DeSalvo?
4. What was Andrew surprised not to find in Edith's dresser drawer?
5. What does DeSalvo ask that O'Brien receive in Chapter 6?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)