|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when Andrew goes for a walk the night he finds a dog in the road?
2. What chore does T.J. choose to help Andrew with in Chapter 6?
(a) Painting the walls
(b) Building a new deck.
(c) Sanding the floor.
(d) Gutting the bathroom.
3. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
(a) She needs money.
(b) He forgot to come by for Billy.
(c) She has mail for him.
(d) She wants to tell him she is sending books.
4. What did Edith do when Andrew took the gun from her?
(a) Attacked Eden.
(b) Ran out of the room.
(c) Sat down.
(d) Punched him.
5. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
(a) In the field.
(b) By the sunflowers.
(c) Under the hydrangea tree.
(d) By the side of the road.
6. What does the sundress look like that Eden is wearing when Andrew visits her the day after Edith warns him to stay away?
(a) Red with white stripes.
(c) Blue with white buttons.
7. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
(a) To the bank for a loan.
(b) To a real estate closing.
(c) To show a house.
(d) His son's soccer game.
8. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
(a) Lawn mower.
(c) Dining room.
9. How many days in a row do Andrew and Eden go to the pond in Chapter 5?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Six days.
10. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
11. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
(a) Visit the library.
(b) For a walk through the cornfields.
(c) Into town for lunch.
(d) For a drive.
12. What does Andrew say he is impatient to see at the end of the novel?
(a) Houses getting sold.
(b) His city apartment.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) Signs of Eden's pregnancy.
13. What does Andrew say he loves after a "fresh rain"?
(a) The earth.
(b) Wet trees.
(c) Dark pavement.
(d) Clean streets.
14. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
(d) Pink roses.
15. How does Eden warn Andrew that Edith entered the bedroom?
(b) Shouts a warning.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Uses her fingernails to cut into his skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Eden and O'Brien see each other at the end of the novel?
2. Where is Eden living at the end of the novel?
3. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
4. What does Edith find Eden using that Andrew gave her?
5. What dazes Andrew when he steps into T.J.'s foyer?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)