|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eden wearing when she is in the kitchen waiting for Andrew after he buried the dog?
(a) Khaki shorts.
(b) Blue seersucker bathrobe.
(c) Gray dress.
(d) White pants.
2. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
(a) She dances around in happiness.
(b) She cries and says yes.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She nods.
3. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He winces when he coughs.
(b) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
(c) He moves slowly.
(d) He eyes look bright and feverish.
4. How does Eden learn that Edith is selling the house?
(a) Andrew told her.
(b) T.J. called her.
(c) She heard her talking on the phone.
(d) From someone who came by to look at the house.
5. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
(a) Eden has been injured.
(b) He feels a burning sensation in his arm.
(c) Edith is mentally ill.
(d) The gun is not intended for him.
6. What item does Andrew notice on top of the desk in Eden's bedroom?
(c) Photograph of Jim.
7. What does O'Brien do when he sees Eden in Chapter 6?
(a) Stares at her.
(b) Throws something.
(d) Shouts insults.
8. What does Andrew say hits his thighs and calves?
(a) Glass shards.
9. Where do Eden and O'Brien see each other at the end of the novel?
(c) DeSalvo's office.
10. What does DeSalvo ask that O'Brien receive in Chapter 6?
(a) Hot chocolate.
11. What word does Andrew want to shout when Edith is pointing a gun at him and Eden?
12. Who is Didi?
(a) T.J.'s wife.
(b) Real estate agent.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Restaurant owner.
13. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
(b) Pink roses.
14. When Eden asks what she looks like now, how does Andrew describe her skin color?
(a) Slightly pale.
(d) Uncommonly white.
15. Where did Edith keep the gun after Andrew's father died?
(b) Laundry room.
(d) Kitchen closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
2. When Andrew tells Eden that he wants her to come to New York City with him, what does Eden say?
3. What does Andrew do to Eden's hair in Chapter 4?
4. Where did police look for a murder weapon, according to Andrew's farmer neighbor?
5. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)