|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andrew shop for groceries?
2. Where does Andrew say the bullet from Edith's gun landed in Eden's bedroom?
(a) The window.
(b) In the ceiling.
(c) Above the bed.
(d) The floor.
3. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
(a) Dining room.
(c) Lawn mower.
4. What does Andrew apologize to T.J. for when they are fixing up Edith's house?
(a) Believing he knew who the intruder was.
(b) For acting rudely at T.J.'s house.
(c) Believing he was in love with Eden.
(d) Thinking he had been the one to shoot Jim.
5. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
(d) Pink roses.
6. How many days will Edith be under observation?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Sixty days.
(d) Four days.
7. Why does Andrew say he wants to go out on T.J.'s deck while they are eating dinner?
(a) He wants to check out the view.
(b) He's freezing.
(c) He sees the gas grill smoking.
(d) He needs some fresh air.
8. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
9. What month is it in the last chapter of the novel?
10. Why does Andrew think that T.J. doesn't look well at the end of the novel?
(a) He is pale and has new vertical lines on his face.
(b) He eyes look bright and feverish.
(c) He moves slowly.
(d) He winces when he coughs.
11. Why does Martha call Andrew in Chapter 5?
(a) She needs money.
(b) She has mail for him.
(c) He forgot to come by for Billy.
(d) She wants to tell him she is sending books.
12. Where does Andrew bury the dog?
(a) By the side of the road.
(b) In the field.
(c) Under the hydrangea tree.
(d) By the sunflowers.
13. Who says "I won't have a son?"
14. What does Andrew bring when he and Eden go to the pond that they share under the tree?
15. What did Andrew ask Eden to do after he took the gun from Edith?
(a) Run outside and get help.
(b) Call DeSalvo.
(c) Tie up Edith.
(d) Take the gun downstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Didi?
2. What does the sundress look like that Eden is wearing when Andrew visits her the day after Edith warns him to stay away?
3. What does Andrew notice about the houses on T.J.'s block when he rings T.J.'s doorbell?
4. Where does T.J. say he has to go when he's helping Andrew fix up a house?
5. What does Andrew say hits his thighs and calves?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)