|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Playing tennis with Billy and Eden.
(b) Sightseeing in San Francisco.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Making pancakes for Billy and Eden.
2. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
(a) For a drive.
(b) Into town for lunch.
(c) Visit the library.
(d) For a walk through the cornfields.
3. What does Andrew bring to T.J.'s house?
(a) Six pack of beer.
(c) Bottle of wine.
(d) Bread and cheese.
4. What does Andrew say he loves after a "fresh rain"?
(a) Dark pavement.
(b) Wet trees.
(c) The earth.
(d) Clean streets.
5. What does T.J. call Andrew when they are talking about Edith being in a mental institution?
6. Where does T.J. serve dinner when Andrew visits?
(a) Dining room.
(b) T.V. trays in den.
7. When Andrew leaps up off the bed when he is in Eden's bedroom, what does he intend to do?
(a) Stop the direction of the bullet.
(b) Tackle Edith.
(c) Flip over the bed for protection.
(d) Cause a diversion.
8. What is Eden wearing when she is in the kitchen waiting for Andrew after he buried the dog?
(a) White pants.
(b) Khaki shorts.
(c) Blue seersucker bathrobe.
(d) Gray dress.
9. Why did Eden feel she was being punished after the shooting?
(a) For loving her father, but not her mother.
(b) For her behavior.
(c) Because she shoplifted.
(d) Because she was adopted.
10. Where did Andrew's father hide the gun after Jim was killed?
(a) Under the house.
(b) In his garage.
(c) In his closet.
(d) In the attic.
11. What is the color of Eden's bedroom floor?
12. What is one of the things Andrew thinks about doing with Eden in New York City at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Attending a political rally.
(b) Going to a museum.
(c) Going to a concert and listening to a piano.
(d) Watching fireworks.
13. What does the sundress look like that Eden is wearing when Andrew visits her the day after Edith warns him to stay away?
(a) Blue with white buttons.
(b) Red with white stripes.
14. Who is Geoffrey?
(a) Jayne's boyfriend.
(b) Billy's friend.
(c) Andrew's boss.
(d) Martha's father.
15. How many days will Edith be under observation?
(a) Four days.
(b) Sixty days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Twenty days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
2. What does DeSalvo return to Andrew when he and Edith are talking in a garden?
3. What personal information does T.J. tell Andrew about when he is working with him on Edith's house?
4. What color is Didi's hair?
5. What are Andrew and T.J. fixing up at the end of the novel?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)