|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Andrew notice on top of the desk in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Photograph of Jim.
2. What emotion does Andrew see on Eden's face after she warns him Edith is in the bedroom?
3. Where does Andrew convince Eden to go when he takes her outside and lifts her over the broken porch step?
(a) Into town for lunch.
(b) Visit the library.
(c) For a walk through the cornfields.
(d) For a drive.
4. What dazes Andrew when he steps into T.J.'s foyer?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Friendly dog.
(c) Mirrored walls.
5. Where is Eden living at the end of the novel?
(a) At DeSalvo's house.
(b) Andrew's mother's house.
(c) In another city.
6. How does Eden let Andrew know that she will leave with him after she told him about Jim?
(a) She cries and says yes.
(b) She nods.
(c) She dances around in happiness.
(d) She gives him a hug.
7. Why is Andrew obsessed with Edith's house in the last chapter?
(a) He wants to keep it in Eden's family.
(b) He hopes he can live there someday.
(c) He wants to transform it.
(d) He wants to make a lot of money off it.
8. Where do Eden and O'Brien see each other at the end of the novel?
(d) DeSalvo's office.
9. What month is it in the last chapter of the novel?
10. What word does Andrew want to shout when Edith is pointing a gun at him and Eden?
11. What image about Billy comes to Andrew's mind at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Making pancakes for Billy and Eden.
(b) Playing tennis with Billy and Eden.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Sightseeing in San Francisco.
12. What is the wallpaper design in Eden's bedroom?
(a) Pink roses.
13. What does T.J. feel about the new life Andrew is beginning?
14. What nickname does Didi say she and her friends used to call Eden?
(b) Lonely Girl.
(c) Wild thing.
15. What kind of restaurant does Andrew usually eat lunch at during his work week in New York City?
(c) Sub shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the realization that Andrew comes to that is described in the final sentence of Chapter 5?
2. What does the sundress look like that Eden is wearing when Andrew visits her the day after Edith warns him to stay away?
3. Why does Eden tell Andrew not to bring her anything in Chapter 4?
4. What did Andrew see in Eden's face and body when he came down to the kitchen with Edith?
5. Where at her house is Eden waiting for Andrew when he visits her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)