|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew's mother leave on the desk in his room that he sees in Chapter 1?
(a) Old postcards.
(b) Sewing machine.
(c) Letters from her husband.
2. Who calls Eden "a real knock-out."
(b) Andy's dad.
3. Where do Andrew and Chief DeSalvo see each other in Chapter 3?
(b) Side of the road.
(c) Grocery store.
4. What color velvet drapes are on the stage where refreshments are served in Chapter 1?
5. What does Eden remember about Andrew's hair the summer before he left for college?
(a) He shaved it off.
(b) He was growing it long.
(c) It was starting to grey.
(d) It was bleached blond from the sun.
6. What does Billy want Andrew to not pack up in Chapter 3?
(a) Tennis racket.
(b) Volleyball net.
(c) Wooden go-cart.
7. Who was Eden's boyfriend in the Spring before the shooting?
8. What does Andrew say about "how quiet it is" at his parents' home in the country?
(a) A good place to get some sleep.
(b) A nice change from the city.
(c) It's unnerving.
9. Who is Andrew's neighbor?
(a) Edith Close.
10. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
(a) Hot and humid.
(b) Cold and dry.
(d) Rainy and stormy.
11. Who did Edith Close say killed her husband?
(b) An intruder.
(d) Andrew's father.
12. What did Eden invite Andy to do one summer day when he was off from work?
(a) Walk to the library.
(b) Take a bike ride.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Go to the pond to swim.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Nineteen years.
14. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A blankets.
(c) A bandages.
(d) A rifle.
15. What does Andrew find in his closet that he wears doing chores around his mother's house the day after the funeral?
(a) Painter's pants.
(b) Jean cutoffs.
(c) Track shorts from high school.
(d) Bell bottom jeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shielded Andrew from seeing Jim Close's body being brought to the ambulance?
2. What does Andrew do to his mother's house the morning after the funeral?
3. Where did Andy get his first job?
4. Where does Billy's son live?
5. What does Andrew plan to do with his childhood home?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)