|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Andrew thinking of taking his son camping?
(c) Nova Scotia.
(d) Adirondack Mountains.
2. Who was the fastest skater Andrew had ever seen when he was a teen?
3. Which character dressed in a red smock when Eden and Andrew were young?
(a) T.J.s mother.
(d) Andrew's mother.
4. What was Sean's reaction when Eden refused to speak to him in the months before the shooting?
(a) Cried and then got angry.
(b) Shrugged it off.
(d) Ignored her.
5. What happened to Andrew's mother in the grocery store in the days before she died?
(a) She nearly fainted.
(b) She lost her wallet.
(c) She crashed her cart into the produce.
(d) She fell down and hurt herself.
6. Where did Andrew work the summer before he left for college?
(a) An ice-cream stand.
(b) Texaco Station.
(c) A movie theatre.
(d) A hotel.
7. Who is the narrator of the novel, "Eden Close"?
8. What kind of house does Andrew's ex-wife live in?
9. Who was Eden's boyfriend in the Spring before the shooting?
10. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
(a) At their first job.
(b) Anti-war rally.
(c) On the beach.
11. What does Andrew do to his mother's house the morning after the funeral?
(a) Replaces the porch.
(b) Scrapes the paint off.
(c) Stains the porch steps.
(d) Repairs the windows.
12. Where does Billy's son live?
(a) New York City.
(b) New Jersey.
13. What does Andrew say about "how quiet it is" at his parents' home in the country?
(a) A nice change from the city.
(c) It's unnerving.
(d) A good place to get some sleep.
14. What month was a baby left outside the Closes' home?
15. What does Eden say about Andrew's father at the end of Chapter 3?
(b) He was scared.
(c) A good man.
(d) He was brave, but foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise does Andrew hear when he is getting ready to leave the Closes' house that makes him realize Eden must be awake?
2. What is the name of Andrew's secretary?
3. What position did Eden play in the baseball game described in Chapter 2?
4. How far apart are Andrew and his neighbor's house?
5. What were Eden and Andy eating the night Eden said "Edith doesn't like me."
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)