|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Andy use to describe the shirt his mother bought him for his first day of senior year?
2. Who says, "I remember how you smell" at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Andrew's mother.
3. Who is the narrator of the novel, "Eden Close"?
4. What was the baby in when she was left at the Closes' home?
(a) A basket.
(b) A baby car seat.
(c) A box.
(d) A plastic tub.
5. Where do Andrew and Chief DeSalvo see each other in Chapter 3?
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Side of the road.
6. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A blankets.
(d) A bandages.
7. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
(a) The intruder was caught.
(b) He's happy he solved it.
(c) It was too bad Eden couldn't testify.
(d) The case bothers him.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) One year.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Ten years.
9. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
(b) Anti-war rally.
(c) On the beach.
(d) At their first job.
10. Where were Andy and his mother the day Edith came over with a baby wrapped in a towel?
(c) Living room.
(d) Front porch.
11. Who was Eden's boyfriend in the Spring before the shooting?
12. What does Eden say about Andrew's father at the end of Chapter 3?
(b) A good man.
(c) He was scared.
(d) He was brave, but foolish.
13. What did Andrew first notice about Martha when he met her?
(a) Her happiness.
(b) Her anger.
(c) How tall she was.
(d) Her long blond hair.
14. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
(a) Andrew's home.
(c) Ladies' Guild clubhouse.
(d) Local restaurant.
15. What happened to Andrew's mother in the grocery store in the days before she died?
(a) She crashed her cart into the produce.
(b) She lost her wallet.
(c) She fell down and hurt herself.
(d) She nearly fainted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew call Eden at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
3. How old was Eden when she briefly became a tomboy?
4. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
5. What does Andrew drink from a jelly glass in his kitchen in Chapter 1?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)