|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
(a) A bandages.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A blankets.
2. What position did Eden play in the baseball game described in Chapter 2?
(b) Third base.
3. How far apart are Andrew and his neighbor's house?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Two thousand feet.
(c) Less than seventy feet.
(d) Five hundred feet.
4. What kind of car does Andrew drive?
5. What was Eden reading the night of the shooting?
(a) To the Lighthouse.
(b) Scarlet Letter.
(c) The Myth of Sisyphus.
(d) Slaughterhouse Five.
6. What kind of house does Andrew's ex-wife live in?
7. What does Andrew plan to do with his childhood home?
(a) Fix it up and sell it.
(b) Add on to it.
(c) Live in it.
(d) Rent it out.
8. What does Billy want Andrew to not pack up in Chapter 3?
(a) Wooden go-cart.
(c) Volleyball net.
(d) Tennis racket.
9. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
(a) The intruder was caught.
(b) He's happy he solved it.
(c) The case bothers him.
(d) It was too bad Eden couldn't testify.
10. What happened to Andrew's mother in the grocery store in the days before she died?
(a) She fell down and hurt herself.
(b) She nearly fainted.
(c) She lost her wallet.
(d) She crashed her cart into the produce.
11. Where does Andrew see scars on Eden's face?
(b) Near the temple.
(d) Left cheek.
12. What kind of job does Andrew have?
(c) Advertising for a pharmaceutical company.
13. What does Andrew offer to do at Edith's house?
(a) Haul out the garbage.
(b) Build a shed.
(c) Fix the porch steps.
(d) Paint the kitchen.
14. How does Andrew describe Eden's hair when he sees her for the first time after his mother's funeral?
(a) Color of brass.
(b) Dark brown.
15. How long was Eden in a coma?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andy do after he saw Eden kissing a boy at school?
2. What does Andrew say about "how quiet it is" at his parents' home in the country?
3. Where did Andrew work the summer before he left for college?
4. What does Eden say about Andrew's father at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What color velvet drapes are on the stage where refreshments are served in Chapter 1?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)