|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sean go after the shooting?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York City.
2. Who calls Eden "a real knock-out."
(a) Andy's dad.
3. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
(a) At their first job.
(b) Anti-war rally.
(d) On the beach.
4. What does Edith serve Andrew when he visits the Close home the day after his mother's funeral?
(d) Iced Tea.
5. What animal tried to harm baby Eden when she was left outside in her carriage one afternoon?
6. What kind of car did Jim always buy?
7. What was the baby in when she was left at the Closes' home?
(a) A baby car seat.
(b) A box.
(c) A basket.
(d) A plastic tub.
8. Where did Andy get his first job?
(a) Grocery store.
9. What hours does Edith work every day?
(a) Ten to two.
(b) Nine to six.
(c) One to five.
(d) Twelve to nine.
10. What does Andrew offer to do at Edith's house?
(a) Build a shed.
(b) Paint the kitchen.
(c) Fix the porch steps.
(d) Haul out the garbage.
11. What did Andrew's father help Jim do with a swing set for Eden?
(a) Paint it.
(b) Pour cement.
(c) Put the swings up.
(d) Put it together.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
(a) One year.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Sixteen years.
13. How old was Eden when she briefly became a tomboy?
(a) Seven years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eleven years old.
14. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Piece of chocolate cake.
(b) Chicken casserole.
(c) Eggs Benedict.
(d) Leftover spaghetti.
15. What was the name of the main business in the town where Andrew grew up?
(a) Miller's Dairy.
(b) Sara's Beauty Salon.
(c) Sam's Lumber mill.
(d) Rand's Meatpacking plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a job as a nurse?
2. What did Eden shoplift from Woolworth's?
3. How far outside town is Andrew's house?
4. Where were Andy and his mother the day Edith came over with a baby wrapped in a towel?
5. What month was a baby left outside the Closes' home?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)