|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andrew's neighbor?
(d) Edith Close.
2. What kind of business does Sean's father own?
(a) Hardware store.
(b) TV repair.
(c) Grocery store.
3. How old was Eden Close the night her father was killed?
(a) Twelve years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
4. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
(a) Cold and dry.
(c) Hot and humid.
(d) Rainy and stormy.
5. What does Edith serve Andrew when he visits the Close home the day after his mother's funeral?
(b) Iced Tea.
6. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Leftover spaghetti.
(b) Chicken casserole.
(c) Eggs Benedict.
(d) Piece of chocolate cake.
7. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
(a) The case bothers him.
(b) He's happy he solved it.
(c) The intruder was caught.
(d) It was too bad Eden couldn't testify.
8. What does Andrew say about "how quiet it is" at his parents' home in the country?
(a) A good place to get some sleep.
(b) It's unnerving.
(c) A nice change from the city.
9. How far apart are Andrew and his neighbor's house?
(a) Two thousand feet.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Five hundred feet.
(d) Less than seventy feet.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) One year.
11. What word did Andrew's mother use when Eden was young to describe Jim's "inability to discipline his daughter"?
12. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
(a) Anti-war rally.
(b) On the beach.
(c) At their first job.
13. What activity did Eden want to do with Andy, Sean and T.J. in Chapter 2?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Fly kites.
(d) Ride motorcycles.
14. What does Andrew drink from a jelly glass in his kitchen in Chapter 1?
(a) Orange juice.
(c) Ginger ale.
15. Who brought a pack of Old Gold cigarettes to the pond in winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Andrew's mother in the grocery store in the days before she died?
2. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
3. Who calls Eden "a real knock-out."
4. How was Sean killed?
5. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)