|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the main business in the town where Andrew grew up?
(a) Sam's Lumber mill.
(b) Sara's Beauty Salon.
(c) Rand's Meatpacking plant.
(d) Miller's Dairy.
2. Who is Andrew's neighbor?
(d) Edith Close.
3. Where is Eden waiting for Andrew when he hurries back to her house from town in Chapter 3?
(c) Living room.
(d) Top of the stairs.
4. Who was the fastest skater Andrew had ever seen when he was a teen?
5. Where does Andrew see scars on Eden's face?
(c) Left cheek.
(d) Near the temple.
6. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
(a) Submitted easily.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Held onto their arms.
(d) Protestested wildly.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) One year.
8. What kind of business does Sean's father own?
(a) Grocery store.
(c) Hardware store.
(d) TV repair.
9. How long was Eden in a coma?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two days.
10. What does Andrew find in his closet that he wears doing chores around his mother's house the day after the funeral?
(a) Jean cutoffs.
(b) Track shorts from high school.
(c) Painter's pants.
(d) Bell bottom jeans.
11. How old was Eden Close the night her father was killed?
(a) Twelve years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
12. What did Eden invite Andy to do one summer day when he was off from work?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Walk to the library.
(c) Take a bike ride.
(d) Go to the pond to swim.
13. What color velvet drapes are on the stage where refreshments are served in Chapter 1?
14. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
(a) Local restaurant.
(b) Ladies' Guild clubhouse.
(c) Andrew's home.
15. Where is Andrew thinking of taking his son camping?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(d) Adirondack Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal tried to harm baby Eden when she was left outside in her carriage one afternoon?
2. What position did Eden play in the baseball game described in Chapter 2?
3. Which character dressed in a red smock when Eden and Andrew were young?
4. What was Sean's reaction when Eden refused to speak to him in the months before the shooting?
5. What is the name of Andrew's secretary?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)