|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Andy and his mother the day Edith came over with a baby wrapped in a towel?
(a) Living room.
(d) Front porch.
2. Who has a job as a nurse?
(a) Andrew's mother.
(b) T.J.'s wife.
3. What color velvet drapes are on the stage where refreshments are served in Chapter 1?
4. What did Andrew's father help Jim do with a swing set for Eden?
(a) Pour cement.
(b) Paint it.
(c) Put it together.
(d) Put the swings up.
5. How was Sean killed?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Got hit by a car.
(d) Airplane crash.
6. Who shielded Andrew from seeing Jim Close's body being brought to the ambulance?
(a) The ambulance driver.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) A policeman.
7. What word did Andrew's mother use when Eden was young to describe Jim's "inability to discipline his daughter"?
8. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
(a) Anti-war rally.
(b) At their first job.
(d) On the beach.
9. What word did Andy use to describe the shirt his mother bought him for his first day of senior year?
10. What did Andrew's father tell Andrew and his mother about what happened to Eden the night her father was killed?
(a) She had a concussion.
(b) She was unconscious.
(c) She fell and broke her arm.
(d) She was assualted.
11. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
(a) Rainy and stormy.
(b) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and dry.
12. What was Sean arrested for in the summer before the shooting?
(a) Damaging the high school.
(b) Public profanity.
(c) Selling drugs.
(d) Speeding and drunk driving.
13. Who brought a pack of Old Gold cigarettes to the pond in winter?
14. What was Eden hit with in Chapter 2 that left a scar on her cheekbone?
(a) Hockey puck.
(d) Tree branch.
15. How does Andrew describe Eden's hair when he sees her for the first time after his mother's funeral?
(a) Dark brown.
(b) Color of brass.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Andrew was a child, what kind of work did his father do?
2. Who owns the working farm across the road from Andrew's family?
3. What activity did Eden want to do with Andy, Sean and T.J. in Chapter 2?
4. What was Sean's reaction when Eden refused to speak to him in the months before the shooting?
5. Who is the narrator of the novel, "Eden Close"?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)