|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Eden when she briefly became a tomboy?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Seven years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Nine years old.
2. What did Andy do after he saw Eden kissing a boy at school?
(a) Lectured her.
(b) Told on her.
(c) Yelled at her.
(d) Avoided her.
3. How far outside town is Andrew's house?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Four miles.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Ten miles.
4. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
(a) The case bothers him.
(b) The intruder was caught.
(c) It was too bad Eden couldn't testify.
(d) He's happy he solved it.
5. What was Eden reading the night of the shooting?
(a) Scarlet Letter.
(b) To the Lighthouse.
(c) Slaughterhouse Five.
(d) The Myth of Sisyphus.
6. What does Andrew call Eden at the end of Chapter 3?
(c) More beautiful than any woman he has ever seen.
7. Where did Andrew work the summer before he left for college?
(a) An ice-cream stand.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Texaco Station.
(d) A movie theatre.
8. Where is Eden waiting for Andrew when he hurries back to her house from town in Chapter 3?
(a) Top of the stairs.
(d) Living room.
9. What does Andrew drink from a jelly glass in his kitchen in Chapter 1?
(b) Orange juice.
(d) Ginger ale.
10. Who says, "I remember how you smell" at the end of Chapter 1?
(c) Andrew's mother.
11. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bandages.
(d) A blankets.
12. Who lives in Water's Edge?
(d) Sean's parents.
13. What did Andrew first notice about Martha when he met her?
(a) Her anger.
(b) How tall she was.
(c) Her long blond hair.
(d) Her happiness.
14. What does Andrew do to his mother's house the morning after the funeral?
(a) Replaces the porch.
(b) Stains the porch steps.
(c) Scrapes the paint off.
(d) Repairs the windows.
15. What word did Andrew's mother use when Eden was young to describe Jim's "inability to discipline his daughter"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
2. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What was the name of the main business in the town where Andrew grew up?
4. What were Eden and Andy eating the night Eden said "Edith doesn't like me."
5. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)