|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Andrew and Chief DeSalvo see each other in Chapter 3?
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Side of the road.
2. Who did Edith Close say killed her husband?
(a) Andrew's father.
(d) An intruder.
3. What affliction did Eden suffer from when she was injured the night her father was killed?
4. What noise does Andrew hear when he is getting ready to leave the Closes' house that makes him realize Eden must be awake?
(b) Radio playing.
5. Who is the narrator of the novel, "Eden Close"?
6. What position did Eden play in the baseball game described in Chapter 2?
(b) Third base.
7. What is the name of Andrew's secretary?
8. How did Edith feel about Jim and Eden's relationship?
9. What word did Andrew's mother use when Eden was young to describe Jim's "inability to discipline his daughter"?
10. What kind of car did Jim always buy?
11. Where did Andy get his first job?
(d) Grocery store.
12. How does Andrew describe Eden's hair when he sees her for the first time after his mother's funeral?
(c) Color of brass.
(d) Dark brown.
13. What month was a baby left outside the Closes' home?
14. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Eggs Benedict.
(b) Chicken casserole.
(c) Piece of chocolate cake.
(d) Leftover spaghetti.
15. How long was Eden in a coma?
(a) Two days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew drink from a jelly glass in his kitchen in Chapter 1?
2. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
3. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
4. What does Andrew offer to do at Edith's house?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)