|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Eden want to do with Andy, Sean and T.J. in Chapter 2?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Fly kites.
(c) Ride motorcycles.
2. Who calls Eden "a real knock-out."
(a) Andy's dad.
3. What position did Eden play in the baseball game described in Chapter 2?
(c) Third base.
4. What did Andrew's mother leave on the desk in his room that he sees in Chapter 1?
(a) Sewing machine.
(b) Old postcards.
(c) Letters from her husband.
5. What hours does Edith work every day?
(a) Ten to two.
(b) One to five.
(c) Nine to six.
(d) Twelve to nine.
6. What kind of job does Andrew have?
(b) Advertising for a pharmaceutical company.
7. What kind of car does Andrew drive?
8. What was Eden hit with in Chapter 2 that left a scar on her cheekbone?
(c) Hockey puck.
(d) Tree branch.
9. What was Sean's reaction when Eden refused to speak to him in the months before the shooting?
(b) Cried and then got angry.
(c) Ignored her.
(d) Shrugged it off.
10. Where does Billy's son live?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York City.
11. Who is Andrew's neighbor?
(d) Edith Close.
12. Who shielded Andrew from seeing Jim Close's body being brought to the ambulance?
(a) The ambulance driver.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A policeman.
13. What does Andrew offer to do at Edith's house?
(a) Paint the kitchen.
(b) Haul out the garbage.
(c) Build a shed.
(d) Fix the porch steps.
14. How old was Eden when she briefly became a tomboy?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Eleven years old.
15. What color velvet drapes are on the stage where refreshments are served in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andrew first notice about Martha when he met her?
2. Who owns the working farm across the road from Andrew's family?
3. Where did Andrew work the summer before he left for college?
4. What item of his father's does Andrew plan to take home with him?
5. What noise does Andrew hear when he is getting ready to leave the Closes' house that makes him realize Eden must be awake?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)