|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of his father's does Andrew plan to take home with him?
(b) Money clip.
2. What hours does Edith work every day?
(a) Nine to six.
(b) Twelve to nine.
(c) One to five.
(d) Ten to two.
3. What color eyes does Eden have?
4. What is the name of Andrew's son?
5. How does Andrew describe Eden's hair when he sees her for the first time after his mother's funeral?
(b) Dark brown.
(d) Color of brass.
6. Who brought a pack of Old Gold cigarettes to the pond in winter?
7. What month was a baby left outside the Closes' home?
8. What is the ad campaign subject that Andrew was working on when his mother died that he describes as a "bailiwick"?
(a) Hair care products.
(b) Baby diapers.
(d) Pain reliever.
9. What animal tried to harm baby Eden when she was left outside in her carriage one afternoon?
10. What was Eden reading the night of the shooting?
(a) Scarlet Letter.
(b) Slaughterhouse Five.
(c) To the Lighthouse.
(d) The Myth of Sisyphus.
11. Who shielded Andrew from seeing Jim Close's body being brought to the ambulance?
(a) His mother.
(b) A policeman.
(c) His father.
(d) The ambulance driver.
12. What kind of car did Jim always buy?
13. How was Sean killed?
(a) Airplane crash.
(b) Heart attack.
(d) Got hit by a car.
14. Who is the narrator of the novel, "Eden Close"?
15. What was Sean's reaction when Eden refused to speak to him in the months before the shooting?
(b) Shrugged it off.
(c) Cried and then got angry.
(d) Ignored her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andy do after he saw Eden kissing a boy at school?
2. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
3. What does Eden say about Andrew's father at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What kind of job does Andrew have?
5. Which character dressed in a red smock when Eden and Andrew were young?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)