|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Eden Close the night her father was killed?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
2. What animal tried to harm baby Eden when she was left outside in her carriage one afternoon?
3. What does Andrew do to his mother's house the morning after the funeral?
(a) Repairs the windows.
(b) Replaces the porch.
(c) Stains the porch steps.
(d) Scrapes the paint off.
4. Who calls Eden "a real knock-out."
(c) Andy's dad.
5. What kind of car does Andrew drive?
6. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
(a) Rainy and stormy.
(c) Cold and dry.
(d) Hot and humid.
7. Who owns the working farm across the road from Andrew's family?
8. What does Andrew say about "how quiet it is" at his parents' home in the country?
(b) A good place to get some sleep.
(c) A nice change from the city.
(d) It's unnerving.
9. What month was a baby left outside the Closes' home?
10. How does Eden tell the time?
(a) A Braille clock.
(b) A clock with a chime.
(c) By the sounds she hears each day.
(d) She waits for Edith to tell her.
11. What is the name of Andrew's son?
12. What was the baby in when she was left at the Closes' home?
(a) A box.
(b) A basket.
(c) A baby car seat.
(d) A plastic tub.
13. How far outside town is Andrew's house?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Four miles.
(d) Ten miles.
14. What did Jim always have in his pocket for young Andy?
15. How old was Eden when she briefly became a tomboy?
(a) Seven years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Nine years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
2. What kind of house does Andrew's ex-wife live in?
3. What kind of job does Andrew have?
4. What was Sean's reaction when Eden refused to speak to him in the months before the shooting?
5. Where does Andrew see scars on Eden's face?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)