|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Andrew thinking of taking his son camping?
(a) Adirondack Mountains.
(d) Nova Scotia.
2. What is the name of Andrew's secretary?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how long has it been since Andrew last entered the Closes' house?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
4. What was Sean arrested for in the summer before the shooting?
(a) Speeding and drunk driving.
(b) Selling drugs.
(c) Damaging the high school.
(d) Public profanity.
5. How does Eden tell the time?
(a) A Braille clock.
(b) By the sounds she hears each day.
(c) She waits for Edith to tell her.
(d) A clock with a chime.
6. Which character dressed in a red smock when Eden and Andrew were young?
(a) Andrew's mother.
(d) T.J.s mother.
7. Where is Eden waiting for Andrew when he hurries back to her house from town in Chapter 3?
(b) Living room.
(d) Top of the stairs.
8. How old was Eden Close the night her father was killed?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
9. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Eggs Benedict.
(b) Leftover spaghetti.
(c) Chicken casserole.
(d) Piece of chocolate cake.
10. How does Andrew describe Eden's hair when he sees her for the first time after his mother's funeral?
(b) Dark brown.
(c) Color of brass.
11. What does Eden remember about Andrew's hair the summer before he left for college?
(a) It was starting to grey.
(b) It was bleached blond from the sun.
(c) He shaved it off.
(d) He was growing it long.
12. What activity did Eden want to do with Andy, Sean and T.J. in Chapter 2?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Ride motorcycles.
(c) Fly kites.
13. What does Andrew offer to do at Edith's house?
(a) Build a shed.
(b) Fix the porch steps.
(c) Paint the kitchen.
(d) Haul out the garbage.
14. What happened to Andrew's mother in the grocery store in the days before she died?
(a) She fell down and hurt herself.
(b) She lost her wallet.
(c) She nearly fainted.
(d) She crashed her cart into the produce.
15. What does Andrew plan to do with his childhood home?
(a) Add on to it.
(b) Fix it up and sell it.
(c) Rent it out.
(d) Live in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eden's boyfriend in the Spring before the shooting?
2. What work did Jim do?
3. Who shielded Andrew from seeing Jim Close's body being brought to the ambulance?
4. Where did Andrew work the summer before he left for college?
5. What does Eden say about Andrew's father at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)