|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
(a) He's happy he solved it.
(b) The intruder was caught.
(c) The case bothers him.
(d) It was too bad Eden couldn't testify.
2. What activity did Eden want to do with Andy, Sean and T.J. in Chapter 2?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Ride motorcycles.
(d) Fly kites.
3. Who was the fastest skater Andrew had ever seen when he was a teen?
4. How far outside town is Andrew's house?
(a) Four miles.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Two miles.
5. Where is Eden waiting for Andrew when he hurries back to her house from town in Chapter 3?
(a) Top of the stairs.
(c) Living room.
6. How far apart are Andrew and his neighbor's house?
(a) Two thousand feet.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Five hundred feet.
(d) Less than seventy feet.
7. What did Andy do after he saw Eden kissing a boy at school?
(a) Yelled at her.
(b) Lectured her.
(c) Told on her.
(d) Avoided her.
8. What noise does Andrew hear when he is getting ready to leave the Closes' house that makes him realize Eden must be awake?
(d) Radio playing.
9. What does Edith serve Andrew when he visits the Close home the day after his mother's funeral?
(c) Iced Tea.
10. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Piece of chocolate cake.
(b) Leftover spaghetti.
(c) Eggs Benedict.
(d) Chicken casserole.
11. How old was Eden Close the night her father was killed?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
12. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A bandages.
(d) A blankets.
13. What does Andrew do to his mother's house the morning after the funeral?
(a) Replaces the porch.
(b) Stains the porch steps.
(c) Scrapes the paint off.
(d) Repairs the windows.
14. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
(b) Hot and humid.
(c) Rainy and stormy.
(d) Cold and dry.
15. What was Sean arrested for in the summer before the shooting?
(a) Damaging the high school.
(b) Public profanity.
(c) Selling drugs.
(d) Speeding and drunk driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month was a baby left outside the Closes' home?
2. What kind of house does Andrew's ex-wife live in?
3. How did Edith feel about Jim and Eden's relationship?
4. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
5. Where do Andrew and Chief DeSalvo see each other in Chapter 3?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)