|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew first notice about Martha when he met her?
(a) How tall she was.
(b) Her long blond hair.
(c) Her happiness.
(d) Her anger.
2. Who owns the working farm across the road from Andrew's family?
3. Where do Andrew and Chief DeSalvo see each other in Chapter 3?
(a) Side of the road.
(c) Grocery store.
4. How far apart are Andrew and his neighbor's house?
(a) Two thousand feet.
(b) Five hundred feet.
(c) Less than seventy feet.
(d) Two miles.
5. Who was Eden's boyfriend in the Spring before the shooting?
6. What does Chief DeSalvo say about the Closes' case when he and Andrew talk in Chapter 3?
(a) The case bothers him.
(b) It was too bad Eden couldn't testify.
(c) The intruder was caught.
(d) He's happy he solved it.
7. How old was Eden when she briefly became a tomboy?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Ten years old.
8. How far outside town is Andrew's house?
(a) Four miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Twenty miles.
9. Who shielded Andrew from seeing Jim Close's body being brought to the ambulance?
(a) His mother.
(b) The ambulance driver.
(c) A policeman.
(d) His father.
10. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A bandages.
(d) A blankets.
11. Where does Billy's son live?
(b) New York City.
(c) New Jersey.
12. How does Eden tell the time?
(a) By the sounds she hears each day.
(b) She waits for Edith to tell her.
(c) A Braille clock.
(d) A clock with a chime.
13. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
(b) Ladies' Guild clubhouse.
(c) Andrew's home.
(d) Local restaurant.
14. Where did Andrew work the summer before he left for college?
(a) An ice-cream stand.
(b) Texaco Station.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A movie theatre.
15. What were Sean's parents known for?
(a) Biggest garden in town.
(c) Charitable work.
(d) Throwing big parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house does Andrew's ex-wife live in?
2. Who brought a pack of Old Gold cigarettes to the pond in winter?
3. What color velvet drapes are on the stage where refreshments are served in Chapter 1?
4. What word did Andrew's mother use when Eden was young to describe Jim's "inability to discipline his daughter"?
5. How does Andrew describe Eden's hair when he sees her for the first time after his mother's funeral?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)