|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew's mother leave on the desk in his room that he sees in Chapter 1?
(a) Old postcards.
(b) Sewing machine.
(c) Letters from her husband.
2. What is the name of Andrew's secretary?
3. What did Andrew's father bring to the Closes' home the night Mr. Close was killed?
(a) A blankets.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bandages.
(d) A baseball bat.
4. When Andrew was a child, what kind of work did his father do?
(b) Milk truck driver.
5. What was Eden reading the night of the shooting?
(a) Slaughterhouse Five.
(b) To the Lighthouse.
(c) The Myth of Sisyphus.
(d) Scarlet Letter.
6. What kind of house does Andrew's ex-wife live in?
7. What is the name of Andrew's son?
8. What hours does Edith work every day?
(a) Twelve to nine.
(b) Nine to six.
(c) One to five.
(d) Ten to two.
9. What kind of car did Jim always buy?
10. What did Andrew first notice about Martha when he met her?
(a) How tall she was.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her happiness.
(d) Her long blond hair.
11. What does Andrew drink from a jelly glass in his kitchen in Chapter 1?
(a) Ginger ale.
(b) Orange juice.
12. Where are refreshments served after the burial in Chapter 1?
(a) Local restaurant.
(b) Ladies' Guild clubhouse.
(c) Andrew's home.
13. What does Andrew find in his closet that he wears doing chores around his mother's house the day after the funeral?
(a) Bell bottom jeans.
(b) Painter's pants.
(c) Track shorts from high school.
(d) Jean cutoffs.
14. What color velvet drapes are on the stage where refreshments are served in Chapter 1?
15. Who brought a pack of Old Gold cigarettes to the pond in winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Andrew have?
2. What did Eden shoplift from Woolworth's?
3. Where is Andrew thinking of taking his son camping?
4. Where does Billy's son live?
5. What item of his father's does Andrew plan to take home with him?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)