|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sean's reaction when Eden refused to speak to him in the months before the shooting?
(a) Shrugged it off.
(c) Cried and then got angry.
(d) Ignored her.
2. What does Andrew eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Piece of chocolate cake.
(b) Chicken casserole.
(c) Eggs Benedict.
(d) Leftover spaghetti.
3. What did Edith do when the paramedics tried to force her to lie down on a stretcher the night her husband was killed?
(a) Submitted easily.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Protestested wildly.
(d) Held onto their arms.
4. What did Andrew's father help Jim do with a swing set for Eden?
(a) Put the swings up.
(b) Pour cement.
(c) Put it together.
(d) Paint it.
5. What word did Andrew's mother use when Eden was young to describe Jim's "inability to discipline his daughter"?
6. Who lives in Water's Edge?
(a) Sean's parents.
7. What activity did Eden want to do with Andy, Sean and T.J. in Chapter 2?
(a) Ride motorcycles.
(c) Fly kites.
(d) Play cards.
8. What color eyes does Eden have?
9. How old was Eden Close the night her father was killed?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
10. What is the name of Andrew's secretary?
11. What is the name of Andrew's son?
12. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 when Andrew is trying to sleep and awakens from a dream about his childhood?
(a) Hot and humid.
(b) Rainy and stormy.
(d) Cold and dry.
13. What kind of car does Andrew drive?
14. What does Andrew find in his closet that he wears doing chores around his mother's house the day after the funeral?
(a) Painter's pants.
(b) Jean cutoffs.
(c) Track shorts from high school.
(d) Bell bottom jeans.
15. Where is Andrew thinking of taking his son camping?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(b) Adirondack Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Sean's father own?
2. Who brought a pack of Old Gold cigarettes to the pond in winter?
3. Where do Andrew and Chief DeSalvo see each other in Chapter 3?
4. What position did Eden play in the baseball game described in Chapter 2?
5. Where did Andrew and Martha first meet?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)