|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Typically, how many patients does a nurse in Ecotopia have?
2. What does the Ecotopian government do to the tax breaks and corporate loopholes that American businesses have?
3. On what is a limit set pertaining to doctors in Ecotopia?
4. What kinds of groups are favored by Ecotopian law?
5. Who typically outnumbers patients in Ecotopian health care facilities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ecotopia is written primarily in the first-person point of view of Weston. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the third-persona and omniscient perspective? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Ecotopia? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Callenbach is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least 3 references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also, add your opinion as to why Callenbach chose that particular author or reference.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)