|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
2. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
3. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
4. What do the children do with the money they earn during work?
5. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Ecotopian education system. What do you think of their practice of sending children off on long wilderness trips? Do you think their education system is effective? Why or why not? What do you think is missing? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Ecotopia is a classic Utopian novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Sexuality is a recurring theme in Ecotopia. How do Weston's sexual mores change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality always connected to love for Weston? How do his feelings for Marissa develop and change, and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had a sexual relationship with? Describe.
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)