|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What practice do most health professionals in Ecotopia have as part of their training that is not similar to their counterparts in America?
2. What do the segments that Weston sees at the factory resemble parts of?
3. What does Weston think about the food in Ecotopia?
4. What subjects do Ecotopians NOT value?
5. What does Weston ask a politician about the Ecotopian government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Weston and Marissa are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Weston had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Marissa had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare "Ecotopia" with another of Callenbach's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, better? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Ecotopia is a classic Utopian novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)