Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
2. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
3. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
4. What do the children do with the money they earn during work?
5. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes in the book is ethical and social responsibility. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between making ethical choices obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in this kind of battle? Do you think the right person or group won? Does good always triumph over evil in the case of Ecotopian ethics? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for Ecotopia. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in Ecotopia?
Essay Topic 3
Weston and Marissa are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Weston had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Marissa had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)