|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forbids any one entity from owning multiple operations in the same city?
2. What is different about the Ecotopian approach to work compared to that of the American version?
3. What is not a big problem in Ecotopia, as compared to America, regarding the labor force?
4. What do people sometimes consume on break from work in Ecotopia?
5. What does the Ecotopian government do to the tax breaks and corporate loopholes that American businesses have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Ecotopia? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe President Allwen. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating the President's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Politics are also referred to in the book. Callenbach refers to the politics of Ecotopians compared to that of Americans. Discuss the use of politics in the novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Callenbach incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)