|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who typically outnumbers patients in Ecotopian health care facilities?
2. What is the minicity that Weston tours that he visits a school in?
3. What is often extended intentionally to workers in Ecotopia?
4. What do people often take breaks from during work and go visit in Ecotopia?
5. What do the segments that Weston sees at the factory resemble parts of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare "Ecotopia" with another of Callenbach's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, better? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Ecotopia? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Callenbach has a very different approach to work and employment. He describes the worker in Ecotopia as a partner. Describe the worker in Ecotopia. Do you think this is realistic? What kinds of companies would such a worker-partnerships relationship be viable and in what kinds of companies would it not? What do you think of the Ecotopian view of mixing work and play and of having only a 20-hour workweek? Discuss and describe.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)