|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would NOT be used to describe the Ecotopian health care facilities?
2. What is Ecotopian art like, according to Weston?
3. What are the health care professionals in Ecotopia NOT like?
4. What is the name of the area that black people choose to call their own in Ecotopia?
5. What is different about television stations in Ecotopia?
Essay Topic 1
Sexuality is a recurring theme in Ecotopia. How do Weston's sexual mores change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality always connected to love for Weston? How do his feelings for Marissa develop and change, and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had a sexual relationship with? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of ecological awareness. Identify at least two motifs about ecology and nature in the book. Then, cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Callenbach has a very different approach to work and employment. He describes the worker in Ecotopia as a partner. Describe the worker in Ecotopia. Do you think this is realistic? What kinds of companies would such a worker-partnerships relationship be viable and in what kinds of companies would it not? What do you think of the Ecotopian view of mixing work and play and of having only a 20-hour workweek? Discuss and describe.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)