|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston think about the food in Ecotopia?
2. What plays a large part in every family, farm, or factory in Ecotopia?
3. What is removed from tanks and used as fertilizer in Ecotopian homes?
4. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
5. What are the health care professionals in Ecotopia NOT like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare "Ecotopia" with another of Callenbach's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, better? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Weston. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Ecotopian education system. What do you think of their practice of sending children off on long wilderness trips? Do you think their education system is effective? Why or why not? What do you think is missing? Describe.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)