Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
2. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
3. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
4. What do the children do with the money they earn during work?
5. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Ecotopian education system. What do you think of their practice of sending children off on long wilderness trips? Do you think their education system is effective? Why or why not? What do you think is missing? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Ecotopia is written primarily in the first-person point of view of Weston. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the third-persona and omniscient perspective? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Ecotopia is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve: visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic imagery. The author uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this Utopian novel.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)