|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people often take breaks from during work and go visit in Ecotopia?
2. What is the name of the area that black people choose to call their own in Ecotopia?
3. What is unusual about many Ecotopian homes?
4. After Ecotopians shut down the system of oil and gas power plants, what did they set up instead?
5. What kind of group organization do the children at the schools have, typically?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Ecotopian education system. What do you think of their practice of sending children off on long wilderness trips? Do you think their education system is effective? Why or why not? What do you think is missing? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Ecotopian approach to sports. What do you think of the war games? Are they ritualistic? How are they similar (or not) to American team sports? What do you find appealing or not about their sports? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Weston. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)