|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Weston about violent crime sentences in Ecotopia?
2. What practice do most health professionals in Ecotopia have as part of their training that is not similar to their counterparts in America?
3. Who sometimes removes professors from college?
4. What is different about television stations in Ecotopia?
5. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
Essay Topic 1
Weston and Marissa are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Weston had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Marissa had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Ecotopia? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe President Allwen. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating the President's character in the novel?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)