|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
2. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
3. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
4. What do the children do with the money they earn during work?
5. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
Essay Topic 1
Create your own brand of Utopian fiction involving the Ecotopian minicity of Alviso. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of ecological awareness. Identify at least two motifs about ecology and nature in the book. Then, cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Weston and Marissa are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Weston had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Marissa had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)