Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
2. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
3. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
4. What do the children do with the money they earn during work?
5. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
Describe the Ecotopian approach to sports. What do you think of the war games? Are they ritualistic? How are they similar (or not) to American team sports? What do you find appealing or not about their sports? Describe.
Compare "Ecotopia" with another of Callenbach's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, better? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Ecotopia? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)