Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
2. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
3. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
4. What do the children do with the money they earn during work?
5. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
Essay Topic 1
Compare "Ecotopia" with another of Callenbach's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, better? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Ecotopian education system. What do you think of their practice of sending children off on long wilderness trips? Do you think their education system is effective? Why or why not? What do you think is missing? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Callenbach is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least 3 references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also, add your opinion as to why Callenbach chose that particular author or reference.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)