Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
2. What does Weston notice about the Ecotopian population as compared to the American population?
3. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
4. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
5. What is different about the equipment Ecotopians use for games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the primary difference between research in Ecotopia compared to that in America.
2. Describe Ecotopian war games.
3. Describe broadcasting and television stations in Ecotopia.
4. Describe the conclusion of the book from the editor Max' point of view.
5. Describe the hikes children in Ecotopia go on as part of their education.
6. Describe the children's groups at the Crick School.
7. Describe the convenience of transportation in Alviso.
8. Describe the Ecotopian lumber industry.
9. Describe Weston's interaction with the nurse, Linda.
10. Describe the possibilities of investment in Ecotopia in businesses apart from the employee's.
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for Ecotopia. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in Ecotopia?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of ecological awareness. Identify at least two motifs about ecology and nature in the book. Then, cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
One of the main themes in the book is ethical and social responsibility. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between making ethical choices obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in this kind of battle? Do you think the right person or group won? Does good always triumph over evil in the case of Ecotopian ethics? Explain.
This section contains 2,043 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)