|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
2. What does Weston notice about the Ecotopian population as compared to the American population?
3. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
4. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
5. What is different about the equipment Ecotopians use for games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the primary difference between research in Ecotopia compared to that in America.
2. Describe Ecotopian war games.
3. Describe broadcasting and television stations in Ecotopia.
4. Describe the conclusion of the book from the editor Max' point of view.
5. Describe the hikes children in Ecotopia go on as part of their education.
6. Describe the children's groups at the Crick School.
7. Describe the convenience of transportation in Alviso.
8. Describe the Ecotopian lumber industry.
9. Describe Weston's interaction with the nurse, Linda.
10. Describe the possibilities of investment in Ecotopia in businesses apart from the employee's.
Essay Topic 1
Create your own brand of Utopian fiction involving the Ecotopian minicity of Alviso. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Ecotopian education system. What do you think of their practice of sending children off on long wilderness trips? Do you think their education system is effective? Why or why not? What do you think is missing? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Ecotopian approach to sports. What do you think of the war games? Are they ritualistic? How are they similar (or not) to American team sports? What do you find appealing or not about their sports? Describe.
This section contains 2,043 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)