Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
2. What does Weston notice about the Ecotopian population as compared to the American population?
3. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
4. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
5. What is different about the equipment Ecotopians use for games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the primary difference between research in Ecotopia compared to that in America.
2. Describe Ecotopian war games.
3. Describe broadcasting and television stations in Ecotopia.
4. Describe the conclusion of the book from the editor Max' point of view.
5. Describe the hikes children in Ecotopia go on as part of their education.
6. Describe the children's groups at the Crick School.
7. Describe the convenience of transportation in Alviso.
8. Describe the Ecotopian lumber industry.
9. Describe Weston's interaction with the nurse, Linda.
10. Describe the possibilities of investment in Ecotopia in businesses apart from the employee's.
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Ecotopia? Cite an example to support your answer.
Ecotopia is a classic Utopian novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Politics are also referred to in the book. Callenbach refers to the politics of Ecotopians compared to that of Americans. Discuss the use of politics in the novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Callenbach incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)