|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William Weston do for a living?
2. What does Weston think of the bed he has to sleep on at the beginning of the book?
3. What are Ecotopian plastics produced with?
4. What does the Ecotopian monitoring system detect blowing off the Pacific?
5. What do Ecotopian sports revolve around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Ecotopia initially deals with business owners and upper management fleeing the country soon after Independence.
2. How do Ecotopians compare health-wise to Americans?
3. Describe the initial black conflict in Ecotopia and the results.
4. Describe the policy of work and play in Ecotopia.
5. Describe the children's groups at the Crick School.
6. Describe the Ecotopian production methods.
7. Describe home energy systems in Ecotopia.
8. Describe Weston's developing relationship with Marissa around the time of the Pacific incident.
9. Describe Weston's meeting with the Ecotopian counter-intelligence unit.
10. What is the difference between Ecotopian and American plastics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Ecotopian education system. What do you think of their practice of sending children off on long wilderness trips? Do you think their education system is effective? Why or why not? What do you think is missing? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Ecotopia? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Weston and Marissa are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Weston had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Marissa had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)