|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston write during his flight to Ecotopia?
2. What does Weston want to learn about from the person he meets?
3. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
4. Where does Weston's flight land?
5. What is unusual about the streets of the city that Weston explores?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Ecotopian worker's relationship to his employer and business.
2. Describe the recycling or biodegrading process of plastics in Ecotopia.
3. Describe the convenience of transportation in Alviso.
4. Describe the Ecotopian legal system.
5. What happens to Weston when he sees himself in his old clothes?
6. Describe the solid state food system of Ecotopia.
7. Describe Weston's travel to Ecotopia.
8. Describe broadcasting and television stations in Ecotopia.
9. Describe Ecotopian homes built from the extrusion factory.
10. What is the difference between Ecotopian and American plastics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Ecotopia, crime is handled and treated very differently. For example, marijuana is legalized while theft can receive a heavy sentence. How does this compare with the American legal system? Do you find the Ecotopian legal system appealing? What do you think of their prison system? Is it effective? Is this fair? Why or why not? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Weston and Marissa are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Weston had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Marissa had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Ecotopia? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)