|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Weston's flight land?
2. What does television serve in Ecotopia?
3. What do all the plastics in Ecotopia do?
4. What does Weston notice that the streets of the minicity are full of?
5. What does Weston notice about the streets in the city he explores?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the recycling or biodegrading process of plastics in Ecotopia.
2. Describe the Ecotopian production methods.
3. Describe the bird suit that Weston likes and buys.
4. Describe the Ecotopian method of mature tree cutting and Weston's observations.
5. Describe the solid state food system of Ecotopia.
6. What does Weston notice about the streets of San Francisco?
7. How do Ecotopians compare health-wise to Americans?
8. Describe the initial energy system that Ecotopia inherits.
9. Describe the Ecotopian research into biology and botany.
10. Describe the Ecotopian worker's relationship to his employer and business.
Essay Topic 1
In Ecotopia, Callenbach's fictional society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of Ecotopian technology? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? Do you find any of Callenbach's predictions strikingly accurate or appealing in any way? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Callenbach is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least 3 references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also, add your opinion as to why Callenbach chose that particular author or reference.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Weston. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,919 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)