|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston buy in the city he explores?
2. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
3. What is the method of thrill-seeking that Weston sees in Ecotopia?
4. What do Ecotopian sports revolve around?
5. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two popular methods of making plastics employed in Ecotopia.
2. Describe the streets of Alviso.
3. Describe the Ecotopian concept of sports.
4. Describe Ecotopian war games.
5. Describe what Weston learns at the extrusion factory.
6. Describe the initial black conflict in Ecotopia and the results.
7. Describe Weston's interaction with the nurse, Linda.
8. Describe the possibilities of investment in Ecotopia in businesses apart from the employee's.
9. Describe Ecotopian music and its practice.
10. Describe Weston's developing relationship with Marissa around the time of the Pacific incident.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Ecotopian approach to sports. What do you think of the war games? Are they ritualistic? How are they similar (or not) to American team sports? What do you find appealing or not about their sports? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Callenbach is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least 3 references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also, add your opinion as to why Callenbach chose that particular author or reference.
Essay Topic 3
In Ecotopia, crime is handled and treated very differently. For example, marijuana is legalized while theft can receive a heavy sentence. How does this compare with the American legal system? Do you find the Ecotopian legal system appealing? What do you think of their prison system? Is it effective? Is this fair? Why or why not? Discuss.
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)