|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Weston travel to his next destination when he leaves the minicity?
(a) By train.
(b) By oil rig.
(c) By sailboat.
(d) By car.
2. What do the people who meet Weston ask him to do?
(a) Publicize the message from Washington.
(b) Forget the message to Washington.
(c) Send a message to Washington.
(d) Repeat the message from Washington.
3. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
4. What do the Ecotopians use that actually causes less damage to the ground than an ox and cart team?
(a) Steam engines.
(b) Horse and buggy.
(d) Big electric tractors.
5. What does Weston buy in the city he explores?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of climates can the wetsuit-like garment that Weston buys be used in?
2. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
3. Who is Weston's employer?
4. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
5. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Weston forced to conclude in the last section of the book?
2. Describe living accommodations in San Francisco.
3. Describe the recycling or biodegrading process of plastics in Ecotopia.
4. Describe the solid state food system of Ecotopia.
5. Describe the bird suit that Weston likes and buys.
6. Describe a typical day for children at the Crick School in Reliez.
7. Describe the Ecotopian lumber industry.
8. Describe the Ecotopian attitude towards degrees and certifications versus experience.
9. Describe the Ecotopian concept of sports.
10. Describe how Ecotopia initially deals with business owners and upper management fleeing the country soon after Independence.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)