|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people who meet Weston ask him to do?
(a) Send a message to Washington.
(b) Publicize the message from Washington.
(c) Forget the message to Washington.
(d) Repeat the message from Washington.
2. What is the method of thrill-seeking that Weston sees in Ecotopia?
(a) Bungee jumping.
(c) War games.
(d) Sky diving.
3. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
(a) Casting and mining.
(b) Drawing and painting.
(c) Hunting and ﬁshing.
(d) Accounting and books.
4. What are the streets of the minicity surrounded by?
(b) Concrete and plants.
(c) Industrial sewage.
(d) Parks and trees.
5. What does the Ecotopian monitoring system detect blowing off the Pacific?
(b) Poisonous fumes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston think of the room he gets to sleep in at the beginning of the book?
2. What kind of factory does Weston explore in the minicity?
3. What does the train that Weston takes run on?
4. Who do the Ecotopians avoid after the Pacific event?
5. What is the population size of Ecotopia by the time Weston visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident that has Ecotopians glued to their television sets and how they respond.
2. Describe Ecotopian music and its practice.
3. Describe the conclusion of the book from the editor Max' point of view.
4. Describe Ecotopian war games.
5. Describe Ecotopian hospitals.
6. Describe the city structure of Alviso.
7. Describe the initial energy system that Ecotopia inherits.
8. Describe the Ecotopian method of mature tree cutting and Weston's observations.
9. Describe Weston's meeting with the Ecotopian counter-intelligence unit.
10. Describe the Ecotopian education system.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)