|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Weston feel after meeting the people that he mentions in his diary?
2. What do all the plastics in Ecotopia do?
(a) Burn or cinder.
(b) Melt or harden.
(c) Freeze or solidify.
(d) Recycle or degrade.
3. What dropped below the death rate in Ecotopia, stabilizing the population?
(a) Infant mortality rate.
(b) Temperature gradient rate.
(c) Species decline rate.
(d) Birth rate.
4. How big is the minicity's population?
(b) 1 million.
5. Where does most of the minicity's population live?
(a) 1/2 mile from the train terminal.
(b) 3 miles from the train terminal.
(c) 20 miles from the waterfront.
(d) 100 miles from the city center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of cars does Weston see in the city he explores?
2. What is different about the equipment Ecotopians use for games?
3. What game is Weston finally allowed to watch?
4. What kind of streets does the minicity have that Weston visits?
5. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Weston learns at the extrusion factory.
2. Describe the streets of Alviso.
3. Describe Weston's experience in the war game.
4. Describe living accommodations in San Francisco.
5. What is surprising about the knowledge of a six-year-old child that Weston meets, and what does this say about the Ecotopian education system?
6. Describe Ecotopian war games.
7. Describe Weston's observations of marijuana and common social behavior in Ecotopia.
8. Describe the recycling or biodegrading process of plastics in Ecotopia.
9. Describe what Weston learns from talking to the Assistant Minister.
10. What is Weston forced to conclude in the last section of the book?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)