|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What states comprise Ecotopia?
(a) Washington, Oregon, and Northern California.
(b) Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
(c) Washington, Nevada, and Canada.
(d) Oregon, California, and Nevada.
2. What connects the skyscrapers that Weston sees in the city he explores?
3. What do the hard and durable plastics replace in Ecotopia?
(b) Biodegradable supplies.
(d) Coal tar.
4. Who does Weston meet on the train?
(b) Mountain guides.
5. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Ecotopian legal system fail to prohibit?
2. Who or what is the Ecotopian president?
3. Who is Weston's employer?
4. What dropped below the death rate in Ecotopia, stabilizing the population?
5. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Ecotopian worker's relationship to his employer and business.
2. Describe the Ecotopian concept of sports.
3. Describe the policy of work and play in Ecotopia.
4. Describe living accommodations in San Francisco.
5. Describe the Ecotopian education system.
6. Describe the conclusion of the book from the editor Max' point of view.
7. Describe the convenience of transportation in Alviso.
8. Describe the Ecotopian production methods.
9. Describe the reader's knowledge of Ecotopia when William Weston begins his journey.
10. Describe Weston's interaction with the nurse, Linda.
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)