|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do most of the population of Ecotopia reside?
(a) Underground taverns.
(b) Smaller towns and minicities.
(c) City skywalks.
(d) Large urban tracts of land.
2. What does William Weston do for a living?
(a) International affairs reporter.
(c) Bank manager.
3. What kind of factory does Weston explore in the minicity?
(b) Electric cars.
4. How do the Ecotopians take care of their business through video conferences?
(a) With teleseminars.
(b) With picture phones.
(c) With the iPhone.
(d) With on-site visits.
5. What do the hard and durable plastics replace in Ecotopia?
(b) Biodegradable supplies.
(c) Coal tar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most women use to control population growth in Ecotopia?
2. What is abundant in the water in the bay of the minicity?
3. What does Weston dream about the night after he watches the game?
4. How are the streets of the minicity recognizable?
5. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Weston's observations of marijuana and common social behavior in Ecotopia.
2. How do Ecotopians compare health-wise to Americans?
3. Describe the Ecotopian concept of sports.
4. What does Weston notice about the streets of San Francisco?
5. Describe living accommodations in San Francisco.
6. What is Weston forced to conclude in the last section of the book?
7. Describe the Ecotopian production methods.
8. What is the difference between Ecotopian and American plastics?
9. Describe what Weston learns from talking to the Assistant Minister.
10. Describe Ecotopian television and its use.
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)