|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the presiding political party in Ecotopia?
2. What system does the person that Weston meets tell him about?
(a) Sewage recycling.
(b) Fertilizer creation.
(c) Crop rotation.
3. How do most Ecotopians get around?
(a) Drive or take the bus.
(b) Swim or run.
(c) Walk or bike.
(d) Fly or hike.
4. Where did Ecotopia get a lot of its military weaponry from?
(a) Russia and Cuba.
(b) Canada and the United States.
(c) France and Czechoslovakia.
(d) Spain and Portugal.
5. What was legalized that helped reduce population growth?
(a) The pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the large farms and hospitals in Ecotopia?
2. What does William Weston do for a living?
3. What is unusual about the streets of the city that Weston explores?
4. What does Weston think of the room he gets to sleep in at the beginning of the book?
5. What makes people stay glued to their TV sets in Ecotopia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe broadcasting and television stations in Ecotopia.
2. Describe a typical day for children at the Crick School in Reliez.
3. Describe home energy systems in Ecotopia.
4. Describe Weston's travel to Ecotopia.
5. Describe the Ecotopian method of mature tree cutting and Weston's observations.
6. Describe the streets of Alviso.
7. Describe Weston's interaction with the nurse, Linda.
8. Describe the policy of work and play in Ecotopia.
9. Describe taxation in Ecotopia.
10. Describe Ecotopian homes built from the extrusion factory.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)