|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cheaper in the long run than clear-cutting, according to Ecotopians?
(a) Little shoot capturing.
(b) Sapling planting.
(c) Mature tree cutting.
(d) Photosynthetic regeneration.
2. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
3. Where does Weston travel to when he leaves the minicity?
(b) Redwood City.
4. How are the streets of the minicity recognizable?
5. What does Weston buy in the city he explores?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most Ecotopians get around?
2. What does Weston write during his flight to Ecotopia?
3. After observing the lumber mills, who does Weston mention meeting in his diary?
4. What does Weston notice happens during the game?
5. What uses public opinion to control the policies and behaviors of Ecotopian companies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Ecotopian concept of sports.
2. Describe the conclusion of the book from the editor Max' point of view.
3. Describe the policy of work and play in Ecotopia.
4. Describe the bird suit that Weston likes and buys.
5. Describe what Weston learns from talking to the Assistant Minister.
6. Describe the initial energy system that Ecotopia inherits.
7. What happens to Weston when he sees himself in his old clothes?
8. Describe the Ecotopian lumber industry.
9. What does Weston notice about the streets of San Francisco?
10. Describe what Weston learns at the extrusion factory.
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)