|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William Weston do for a living?
(b) International affairs reporter.
(c) Bank manager.
2. What kind of a schedule do the children have at school in Ecotopia?
3. Who do the Ecotopians avoid after the Pacific event?
4. What is the population size of Ecotopia by the time Weston visits?
(a) 2 million.
(d) 18 million.
5. What does Weston realize that Ecotopians love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about purchasing lumber from the Ecotopian lumber industry?
2. Who or what is the Ecotopian president?
3. After observing the lumber mills, who does Weston mention meeting in his diary?
4. What have the skyscrapers that Weston sees been converted into, in the city he explores?
5. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ecotopian hospitals.
2. Describe a typical day for children at the Crick School in Reliez.
3. Describe Weston and Marissa's interactions after they visit the extrusion factory and discuss their feelings.
4. Describe health insurance in Ecotopia.
5. Describe the Ecotopian method of mature tree cutting and Weston's observations.
6. Describe broadcasting and television stations in Ecotopia.
7. Describe Ecotopian homes built from the extrusion factory.
8. Describe home energy systems in Ecotopia.
9. What is William Weston's assignment in Ecotopia?
10. Describe the city structure of Alviso.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)