|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the train that Weston takes run on?
(a) Vegetable oil.
(c) Oil fumes.
(d) Magnetic rails.
2. What is the name of the presiding political party in Ecotopia?
3. Who or what is the Ecotopian president?
(a) An Independent.
(b) An alien.
(c) A woman.
(d) An invalid.
4. What is unusual about the streets of the city that Weston explores?
(a) They are below the ground.
(b) They connect to skyscrapers.
(c) They are converted into sidewalks.
(d) They are rough and hewn.
5. What does Weston dream about the night after he watches the game?
(a) He is climbing over boulders.
(b) He is floating in space.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is in combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Weston travel to when he leaves the minicity?
2. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
3. How are the streets of the minicity recognizable?
4. What are the streets of the minicity surrounded by?
5. What do the people who meet Weston ask him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Ecotopian lumber industry.
2. Describe the recycling or biodegrading process of plastics in Ecotopia.
3. Describe broadcasting and television stations in Ecotopia.
4. Describe what Weston learns at the extrusion factory.
5. Describe the convenience of transportation in Alviso.
6. Describe the streets of Alviso.
7. Describe Weston's travel to Ecotopia.
8. Describe William Weston at the beginning of the novel.
9. Describe Ecotopian hospitals.
10. Describe Ecotopian war games.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)