|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes people stay glued to their TV sets in Ecotopia?
(a) War games.
(b) An incident.
(c) Cooking show.
(d) Soccer game.
2. What do the people who meet Weston ask him to do?
(a) Repeat the message from Washington.
(b) Forget the message to Washington.
(c) Publicize the message from Washington.
(d) Send a message to Washington.
3. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
(a) Casting and mining.
(b) Drawing and painting.
(c) Accounting and books.
(d) Hunting and ﬁshing.
4. What does the train that Weston takes run on?
(b) Magnetic rails.
(c) Vegetable oil.
(d) Oil fumes.
5. What does William Weston do for a living?
(b) International affairs reporter.
(c) Bank manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
2. What does Weston think of the bed he has to sleep on at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Weston notice that the streets of the minicity are full of?
4. What was the minicity that Weston visits, prior to becoming a mini-city?
5. What does Weston want to learn about from the person he meets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the initial black conflict in Ecotopia and the results.
2. What is the difference between Ecotopian and American plastics?
3. Describe the Ecotopian solar energy system.
4. Describe the conclusion of the book from the editor Max' point of view.
5. Describe the Ecotopian worker's relationship to his employer and business.
6. Describe the Ecotopian production methods.
7. Describe Ecotopian television and its use.
8. Describe Weston's observations of marijuana and common social behavior in Ecotopia.
9. Describe health insurance in Ecotopia.
10. Describe the Ecotopian legal system.
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)