|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the minicity that Weston tours that he visits a school in?
2. What is surprising about the childrens' groups at the school in the way they interact?
(a) They are bullies.
(b) They are supremely confident.
(c) They are shy.
(d) They are considerate.
3. What does the politician describe the Ecotopian government as having that the American government lacks?
(a) Great soccer coaching.
(b) Ecological priorities.
(c) Socialized medicine.
(d) Oil and gas funding.
4. What does the Ecotopian government do to the tax breaks and corporate loopholes that American businesses have?
(a) Expand and open them.
(b) Close and eliminate them.
(c) Revise and augment them.
(d) Keep them as they are.
5. By giving workers time off, what can Ecotopian workers do?
(a) Build their own military units.
(b) Fire their bosses.
(c) Work on a project or enjoy leisure.
(d) Build their own companies.
6. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
(c) Well taken care of.
7. What is surprising about the types of people often found working in factories and farms?
(a) They are good-looking.
(b) They are youthful.
(c) They are Neanderthal.
(d) They are intellectual.
8. What training do Ecotopian health care professionals share with that of Americans?
(a) Heart attack treatment.
(b) Pulmonary resuscitation.
(c) Standard medical practice.
9. Where can newspapers and books be bought in Ecotopia?
(a) Flying booths.
(b) Underground taverns.
(c) Electronic print-out terminals.
(d) City kiosks.
10. On what is a limit set pertaining to doctors in Ecotopia?
11. What is the general maximum size of a business in Ecotopia?
(a) 3,000,000 people.
(b) 3,000 people.
(c) 30,000 people.
(d) 300 people.
12. What kind of medical insurance do Ecotopians have?
(a) Limited liability.
(c) Eye and ear only.
(d) Cradle to grave.
13. What is often extended intentionally to workers in Ecotopia?
(d) Lack of job training.
14. How does the Ecotopian worker work differently from others in business or jobs?
(a) He or she never works too hard.
(b) He or she is a partner.
(c) He or she can take many breaks.
(d) He or she owns the business always.
15. Who typically outnumbers patients in Ecotopian health care facilities?
(c) Business owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about television stations in Ecotopia?
2. What does Weston ask a politician about the Ecotopian government?
3. How do the black areas and Chinatown operate?
4. What subjects do Ecotopians NOT value?
5. What practice do most health professionals in Ecotopia have as part of their training that is not similar to their counterparts in America?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)