|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people often take breaks from during work and go visit in Ecotopia?
2. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
(a) Coal and tar.
(b) Wood and fiberglass.
(c) Insulated wood.
(d) Cotton fibers.
3. What is surprising about the types of people often found working in factories and farms?
(a) They are Neanderthal.
(b) They are intellectual.
(c) They are youthful.
(d) They are good-looking.
4. When the wealthy business owners were ï¬‚eeing the country right after Independence, what was the Ecotopian government forced to do?
(a) Capture them.
(b) Exile them permanently.
(c) Take over those businesses.
(d) Barricade their borders.
5. What is the kind of factory that Weston tours that produces plastic?
6. After Ecotopians shut down the system of oil and gas power plants, what did they set up instead?
(a) Nuclear fission, atomic fission, and geothermal plants.
(b) Geothermal, electric, and coal plants.
(c) Coal, biothermal, and physical plants.
(d) Solar, wind, and nuclear fission plants.
7. What shocks Weston about violent crime sentences in Ecotopia?
(a) Their duration.
(b) Their lightness.
(c) Their severity.
(d) Their brevity.
8. What is the minicity that Weston tours that he visits a school in?
9. What does the government use several channels of television for in Ecotopia?
(a) Ordering hover craft.
(b) Advertising city work.
(c) Political programs.
(d) Selling drugs.
10. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
(a) Freedom to focus on experience.
(b) Ability to have multiple majors.
(c) Ability to travel anywhere at whim.
(d) Ability to skip classes.
11. What kind of state system does Ecotopia have?
12. What subjects do Ecotopians NOT value?
(a) Mathematics, music, and botany.
(b) Philosophy, art, and humanities.
(c) Political science, sociology, and psychology.
(d) Art, mathematics, and psychology.
13. How do the children arrive at the school that Weston visits in the minicity?
(a) By bus.
(b) On foot.
(c) By tram.
(d) By subway.
14. In what aspects of his life does Weston experience change through his visit to Ecotopia?
(a) Intellectual only.
(c) Physical only.
(d) Spiritual only.
15. What is NOT a popular artistic form in Ecotopia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kind of teacher that Weston sees at the school that surprises him by what he or she teaches the children?
2. What is the language, in addition to English, spoken in the area occupied by mostly black people in Ecotopia?
3. What kind of group organization do the children at the schools have, typically?
4. How is Ecotopian health care different from American health care?
5. What is the only piece of equipment that Ecotopians use that is similar to American health care professionals in communication?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)