|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the minicity that Weston tours that he visits a school in?
2. What does Ecotopian education seem less concerned with when compared to American education?
(a) Subject matter.
(b) Length and depth.
(c) Licenses and credentials.
(d) Understanding of topics.
3. What plays a large part in every family, farm, or factory in Ecotopia?
4. What do the segments that Weston sees at the factory resemble parts of?
(a) A ship's deck.
(b) A flying buttress.
(c) An airplane cabin.
(d) A Gothic cathedral.
5. What is the language, in addition to English, spoken in the area occupied by mostly black people in Ecotopia?
6. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
(a) Well taken care of.
7. Which of the following would NOT be used to describe the Ecotopian health care facilities?
8. What shocks Weston about violent crime sentences in Ecotopia?
(a) Their brevity.
(b) Their severity.
(c) Their duration.
(d) Their lightness.
9. What is much of the research based on that is done in Ecotopia?
(a) Mathematics and music.
(b) Psychics and astronomy.
(c) Ecology and philosophy.
(d) Biology and botany.
10. What is different about the Ecotopian approach to work compared to that of the American version?
(a) More stringent.
(b) More repetitive.
(c) More competitive.
(d) More relaxed.
11. When the wealthy business owners were ï¬‚eeing the country right after Independence, what was the Ecotopian government forced to do?
(a) Exile them permanently.
(b) Capture them.
(c) Take over those businesses.
(d) Barricade their borders.
12. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
(a) Cheaper than in America.
(b) Cleaner than in America.
(c) Costlier than in America.
(d) Dirtier than in America.
13. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
(a) Freedom to focus on experience.
(b) Ability to have multiple majors.
(c) Ability to skip classes.
(d) Ability to travel anywhere at whim.
14. What does Weston think about the food in Ecotopia?
(a) Costlier than in America.
(b) Less healthy than in America.
(c) Dirtier than in America.
(d) More plentiful than in America.
15. By giving workers time off, what can Ecotopian workers do?
(a) Build their own companies.
(b) Work on a project or enjoy leisure.
(c) Build their own military units.
(d) Fire their bosses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kind of teacher that Weston sees at the school that surprises him by what he or she teaches the children?
2. What cannot be done with land in Ecotopia?
3. What is surprising about the types of people often found working in factories and farms?
4. How big are Ecotopian prisons in general?
5. What kind of tax is not in existence any more in Ecotopia?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)