|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sometimes removes professors from college?
2. What is not a big problem in Ecotopia, as compared to America, regarding the labor force?
(c) Lack of job training.
3. What is removed from tanks and used as fertilizer in Ecotopian homes?
(a) Methane gas.
(c) Natural bromine.
4. What is much of the research based on that is done in Ecotopia?
(a) Ecology and philosophy.
(b) Psychics and astronomy.
(c) Mathematics and music.
(d) Biology and botany.
5. After a bitter political struggle, what were the black areas and Chinatown designated as within Ecotopia?
6. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
(a) Ability to have multiple majors.
(b) Freedom to focus on experience.
(c) Ability to skip classes.
(d) Ability to travel anywhere at whim.
7. What kind of tax is not in existence any more in Ecotopia?
(a) Sales only.
(b) Personal only.
(c) Personal, income, and sales.
(d) Income only.
8. What training do Ecotopian health care professionals share with that of Americans?
(a) Pulmonary resuscitation.
(c) Standard medical practice.
(d) Heart attack treatment.
9. In what aspects of his life does Weston experience change through his visit to Ecotopia?
(a) Physical only.
(b) Spiritual only.
(d) Intellectual only.
10. What do people sometimes consume on break from work in Ecotopia?
(a) Ice cream and dessert.
(b) Thai food and tea.
(c) Sushi and small cakes.
(d) Alcohol or marijuana.
11. How do nurse shifts in Ecotopia compare to that of America?
12. What kind of work do prisoners in Ecotopia do?
(b) Electrical work.
(c) Ordinary jobs.
13. After Ecotopians shut down the system of oil and gas power plants, what did they set up instead?
(a) Geothermal, electric, and coal plants.
(b) Coal, biothermal, and physical plants.
(c) Nuclear fission, atomic fission, and geothermal plants.
(d) Solar, wind, and nuclear fission plants.
14. What is the clear liquid run-off that is produced from the bathrooms?
(c) Natural bromine.
(d) Natural bromine.
15. What is the only piece of equipment that Ecotopians use that is similar to American health care professionals in communication?
Short Answer Questions
1. How big are Ecotopian prisons in general?
2. What is the language, in addition to English, spoken in the area occupied by mostly black people in Ecotopia?
3. What kind of state system does Ecotopia have?
4. What is surprising about the types of people often found working in factories and farms?
5. While one kind of print lasts indefinitely, what is the other kind of print employed in Ecotopia?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)