|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ecotopians conduct scientific research?
(a) Schools only.
(b) Small institutions.
(d) Colleges only.
2. What is surprising about the types of people often found working in factories and farms?
(a) They are good-looking.
(b) They are youthful.
(c) They are Neanderthal.
(d) They are intellectual.
3. What kinds of groups are favored by Ecotopian law?
(a) Autocratic ex-military.
(b) Big business.
(c) Private wealthy citizens.
(d) Small entrepreneurial.
4. What is different about the Ecotopian approach to work compared to that of the American version?
(a) More repetitive.
(b) More stringent.
(c) More competitive.
(d) More relaxed.
5. What does Ecotopian education seem less concerned with when compared to American education?
(a) Licenses and credentials.
(b) Understanding of topics.
(c) Subject matter.
(d) Length and depth.
6. What is the only piece of equipment that Ecotopians use that is similar to American health care professionals in communication?
7. What kind of product do Ecotopians use little of?
8. What does Weston feel about Ecotopian way of life as a whole?
(a) He is neutral about it.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He abhors it.
(d) He is scared of it.
9. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
(d) Well taken care of.
10. What does Weston think about the food in Ecotopia?
(a) More plentiful than in America.
(b) Less healthy than in America.
(c) Costlier than in America.
(d) Dirtier than in America.
11. Who exerts control over doctors' financial ceilings in Ecotopia?
(a) The patients.
(b) The party.
(c) The citizens.
(d) The government.
12. How many people are left to cover phones when people take breaks from work in Ecotopia?
(b) 1 or 2.
(c) 4 or 5.
13. What are taxes NOT used for?
(b) Sewer systems.
(d) Video logging.
14. When the wealthy business owners were ï¬‚eeing the country right after Independence, what was the Ecotopian government forced to do?
(a) Take over those businesses.
(b) Capture them.
(c) Exile them permanently.
(d) Barricade their borders.
15. How do the people, on average, in Ecotopia compare in health to Americans?
(c) More healthy.
(d) Less healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot be done with land in Ecotopia?
2. What is different about television stations in Ecotopia?
3. What is small and rustic, but has good staff in Ecotopia?
4. What is not a big problem in Ecotopia, as compared to America, regarding the labor force?
5. What is Weston forced to conclude about the Ecotopian experiment in the last section of the book?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)