|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects do Ecotopians NOT value?
(a) Art, mathematics, and psychology.
(b) Political science, sociology, and psychology.
(c) Philosophy, art, and humanities.
(d) Mathematics, music, and botany.
2. In Ecotopia, what does a street mugger get in prison time?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. What is different about television stations in Ecotopia?
(a) They are stratified.
(b) They are huge.
(c) They are very small.
(d) They are decentralized.
4. How is Ecotopian health care different from American health care?
(a) More expensive.
(b) Focused on preventive.
(c) Less expensive.
(d) Focused on curative.
5. What is much of the research based on that is done in Ecotopia?
(a) Biology and botany.
(b) Psychics and astronomy.
(c) Ecology and philosophy.
(d) Mathematics and music.
6. What is unusual about many Ecotopian homes?
(a) They are underground.
(b) They power their houses themselves.
(c) They are very large.
(d) They are flimsy.
7. What forbids any one entity from owning multiple operations in the same city?
(a) First Amendment.
(b) People's Party document.
(c) Declaration of Independence.
(d) Ecotopian law.
8. What cannot be done with land in Ecotopia?
(a) Be divided.
(b) Be bought.
(c) Be sold.
(d) Be inherited.
9. Who typically outnumbers patients in Ecotopian health care facilities?
(c) Business owners.
10. Which of the following would NOT be used to describe the Ecotopian health care facilities?
11. In what aspects of his life does Weston experience change through his visit to Ecotopia?
(a) Physical only.
(c) Spiritual only.
(d) Intellectual only.
12. How many people are left to cover phones when people take breaks from work in Ecotopia?
(a) 1 or 2.
(b) 4 or 5.
13. By giving workers time off, what can Ecotopian workers do?
(a) Work on a project or enjoy leisure.
(b) Fire their bosses.
(c) Build their own military units.
(d) Build their own companies.
14. What training do Ecotopian health care professionals share with that of Americans?
(a) Pulmonary resuscitation.
(b) Standard medical practice.
(d) Heart attack treatment.
15. What is not a big problem in Ecotopia, as compared to America, regarding the labor force?
(a) Lack of job training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ecotopian art like, according to Weston?
2. What are some methods of energy employed by Ecotopians?
3. How big are Ecotopian prisons in general?
4. What kind of state system does Ecotopia have?
5. What are the houses that Weston sees NOT like?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)