|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the politician describe the Ecotopian government as having that the American government lacks?
(a) Great soccer coaching.
(b) Oil and gas funding.
(c) Ecological priorities.
(d) Socialized medicine.
2. What is produced by the septic tank outside the bathrooms?
(a) Natural bromine.
(b) Sulphuric acid.
(c) Methane gas.
3. After Ecotopians shut down the system of oil and gas power plants, what did they set up instead?
(a) Coal, biothermal, and physical plants.
(b) Nuclear fission, atomic fission, and geothermal plants.
(c) Geothermal, electric, and coal plants.
(d) Solar, wind, and nuclear fission plants.
4. What is surprising about the types of people often found working in factories and farms?
(a) They are intellectual.
(b) They are youthful.
(c) They are good-looking.
(d) They are Neanderthal.
5. What does Weston ask a politician about the Ecotopian government?
(a) If it is socialist.
(b) If it is elitist.
(c) If it is powerful.
(d) If it is Communist.
6. What is Ecotopian art like, according to Weston?
7. Which of the following is the health care system in Ecotopia?
(b) First-come, first-serve.
8. What subject do Ecotopians sometimes study?
9. What do the segments that Weston sees at the factory resemble parts of?
(a) A ship's deck.
(b) A flying buttress.
(c) A Gothic cathedral.
(d) An airplane cabin.
10. What training do Ecotopian health care professionals share with that of Americans?
(a) Standard medical practice.
(c) Heart attack treatment.
(d) Pulmonary resuscitation.
11. What is often extended intentionally to workers in Ecotopia?
(a) Lack of job training.
12. What subjects do Ecotopians NOT value?
(a) Political science, sociology, and psychology.
(b) Art, mathematics, and psychology.
(c) Philosophy, art, and humanities.
(d) Mathematics, music, and botany.
13. What does each station have to provide in terms of a quota?
(a) Free speech.
(b) Public service broadcasting.
(c) Private sector broadcasting.
(d) Water reports.
14. What is small and rustic, but has good staff in Ecotopia?
15. In what have Ecotopians developed a high level of sophistication?
(a) Military warfare.
(b) Artificial intelligence.
(c) Human cloning.
(d) Plant breeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
2. How do the children arrive at the school that Weston visits in the minicity?
3. What surprises Weston about people taking breaks from work in Ecotopia?
4. What does Ecotopian education seem less concerned with when compared to American education?
5. How are bathrooms added to houses?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)