|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
(a) Ability to skip classes.
(b) Ability to have multiple majors.
(c) Freedom to focus on experience.
(d) Ability to travel anywhere at whim.
2. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
(a) Cotton fibers.
(b) Coal and tar.
(c) Wood and fiberglass.
(d) Insulated wood.
3. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
(d) Well taken care of.
4. What do the children do with the money they earn during work?
(a) Buy seedlings.
(b) Anything they want.
(c) Buy food for their animals.
(d) Buy new shoes.
5. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
(a) Costlier than in America.
(b) Cheaper than in America.
(c) Dirtier than in America.
(d) Cleaner than in America.
6. How long is a typical work week in Ecotopia?
(a) 20 hours.
(b) 15 hours.
(c) 40 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
7. After a bitter political struggle, what were the black areas and Chinatown designated as within Ecotopia?
8. In Ecotopia, what does a street mugger get in prison time?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
9. What does Weston ask a politician about the Ecotopian government?
(a) If it is Communist.
(b) If it is socialist.
(c) If it is powerful.
(d) If it is elitist.
10. What kinds of groups are favored by Ecotopian law?
(a) Big business.
(b) Small entrepreneurial.
(c) Private wealthy citizens.
(d) Autocratic ex-military.
11. Where can newspapers and books be bought in Ecotopia?
(a) Underground taverns.
(b) Electronic print-out terminals.
(c) City kiosks.
(d) Flying booths.
12. What does Weston think about the food in Ecotopia?
(a) Dirtier than in America.
(b) Costlier than in America.
(c) More plentiful than in America.
(d) Less healthy than in America.
13. What is different about the Ecotopian approach to work compared to that of the American version?
(a) More competitive.
(b) More relaxed.
(c) More repetitive.
(d) More stringent.
14. What do people in Ecotopia seem to have at work more than their counterparts in America?
(a) Less freedom.
(b) Greater clothing styles.
(c) Greater enjoyment.
(d) Less pay.
15. How do the children arrive at the school that Weston visits in the minicity?
(a) By tram.
(b) By subway.
(c) On foot.
(d) By bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only piece of equipment that Ecotopians use that is similar to American health care professionals in communication?
2. How is the Ecotopian student body at a college similar to the American version?
3. What is often extended intentionally to workers in Ecotopia?
4. What is the name of the area that black people choose to call their own in Ecotopia?
5. Which of the following is the health care system in Ecotopia?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)