|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the clear liquid run-off that is produced from the bathrooms?
(c) Natural bromine.
(d) Natural bromine.
2. Who sometimes removes professors from college?
3. What subject do Ecotopians sometimes study?
4. After Ecotopians shut down the system of oil and gas power plants, what did they set up instead?
(a) Coal, biothermal, and physical plants.
(b) Solar, wind, and nuclear fission plants.
(c) Nuclear fission, atomic fission, and geothermal plants.
(d) Geothermal, electric, and coal plants.
5. What are the health care professionals in Ecotopia NOT like?
(d) Well trained.
6. What does Ecotopian education seem less concerned with when compared to American education?
(a) Licenses and credentials.
(b) Understanding of topics.
(c) Subject matter.
(d) Length and depth.
7. What kind of group organization do the children at the schools have, typically?
(a) By age.
(b) By grade.
(c) By superiority of intellect.
8. What does Weston feel about Ecotopian way of life as a whole?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He is neutral about it.
(c) He abhors it.
(d) He is scared of it.
9. What kinds of groups are favored by Ecotopian law?
(a) Small entrepreneurial.
(b) Private wealthy citizens.
(c) Big business.
(d) Autocratic ex-military.
10. What does the Ecotopian government do to the tax breaks and corporate loopholes that American businesses have?
(a) Keep them as they are.
(b) Close and eliminate them.
(c) Expand and open them.
(d) Revise and augment them.
11. After a bitter political struggle, what were the black areas and Chinatown designated as within Ecotopia?
12. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
(a) Cleaner than in America.
(b) Costlier than in America.
(c) Cheaper than in America.
(d) Dirtier than in America.
13. How do nurse shifts in Ecotopia compare to that of America?
14. What is unusual about many Ecotopian homes?
(a) They are very large.
(b) They are underground.
(c) They power their houses themselves.
(d) They are flimsy.
15. What is surprising about the childrens' groups at the school in the way they interact?
(a) They are supremely confident.
(b) They are shy.
(c) They are bullies.
(d) They are considerate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work do prisoners in Ecotopia do?
2. What is small and rustic, but has good staff in Ecotopia?
3. What is Weston forced to conclude about the Ecotopian experiment in the last section of the book?
4. On what is a limit set pertaining to doctors in Ecotopia?
5. In what aspects of his life does Weston experience change through his visit to Ecotopia?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)