|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ecotopians shut down the system of oil and gas power plants, what did they set up instead?
(a) Nuclear fission, atomic fission, and geothermal plants.
(b) Coal, biothermal, and physical plants.
(c) Geothermal, electric, and coal plants.
(d) Solar, wind, and nuclear fission plants.
2. What does Weston ask a politician about the Ecotopian government?
(a) If it is elitist.
(b) If it is Communist.
(c) If it is socialist.
(d) If it is powerful.
3. What is small and rustic, but has good staff in Ecotopia?
4. What subject do Ecotopians sometimes study?
5. What does the government use several channels of television for in Ecotopia?
(a) Ordering hover craft.
(b) Political programs.
(c) Advertising city work.
(d) Selling drugs.
6. What is the clear liquid run-off that is produced from the bathrooms?
(b) Natural bromine.
(c) Natural bromine.
7. Where can newspapers and books be bought in Ecotopia?
(a) Flying booths.
(b) Electronic print-out terminals.
(c) City kiosks.
(d) Underground taverns.
8. What is not a big problem in Ecotopia, as compared to America, regarding the labor force?
(d) Lack of job training.
9. How big are Ecotopian prisons in general?
(a) 1,000 inmates.
(b) 10-12 inmates.
(c) 10,000 inmates.
(d) 500 inmates.
10. What are taxes NOT used for?
(a) Video logging.
(d) Sewer systems.
11. What kind of state system does Ecotopia have?
12. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
(c) Well taken care of.
13. How do the black areas and Chinatown operate?
(a) As ostracized communities.
(b) As states to a federal union.
(c) As vibrant subordinate areas.
(d) As independent countries mostly.
14. What do students in Ecotopia enjoy that American students of similar subjects often do not have?
(a) Ability to skip classes.
(b) Ability to have multiple majors.
(c) Ability to travel anywhere at whim.
(d) Freedom to focus on experience.
15. What subjects do Ecotopians NOT value?
(a) Philosophy, art, and humanities.
(b) Art, mathematics, and psychology.
(c) Mathematics, music, and botany.
(d) Political science, sociology, and psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Weston about people taking breaks from work in Ecotopia?
2. Where do Ecotopians conduct scientific research?
3. After a bitter political struggle, what were the black areas and Chinatown designated as within Ecotopia?
4. How many people are left to cover phones when people take breaks from work in Ecotopia?
5. What does the Ecotopian government do to the tax breaks and corporate loopholes that American businesses have?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)