|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects do Ecotopians NOT value?
(a) Philosophy, art, and humanities.
(b) Mathematics, music, and botany.
(c) Political science, sociology, and psychology.
(d) Art, mathematics, and psychology.
2. What is surprising about the types of people often found working in factories and farms?
(a) They are youthful.
(b) They are Neanderthal.
(c) They are intellectual.
(d) They are good-looking.
3. What does the politician describe the Ecotopian government as having that the American government lacks?
(a) Ecological priorities.
(b) Socialized medicine.
(c) Great soccer coaching.
(d) Oil and gas funding.
4. What are some methods of energy employed by Ecotopians?
(a) Coal mining.
(b) Solar panels.
(c) Camel pushing.
(d) Electric vaults.
5. What is surprising about the childrens' groups at the school in the way they interact?
(a) They are shy.
(b) They are supremely confident.
(c) They are considerate.
(d) They are bullies.
6. What do people in Ecotopia seem to have at work more than their counterparts in America?
(a) Greater clothing styles.
(b) Greater enjoyment.
(c) Less freedom.
(d) Less pay.
7. What is Weston forced to conclude about the Ecotopian experiment in the last section of the book?
(a) It should end.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It is repetitive.
(d) It is a success.
8. What forbids any one entity from owning multiple operations in the same city?
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) People's Party document.
(c) Ecotopian law.
(d) First Amendment.
9. What is much of the research based on that is done in Ecotopia?
(a) Psychics and astronomy.
(b) Mathematics and music.
(c) Ecology and philosophy.
(d) Biology and botany.
10. What is unusual about many Ecotopian homes?
(a) They are flimsy.
(b) They power their houses themselves.
(c) They are very large.
(d) They are underground.
11. What is the kind of factory that Weston tours that produces plastic?
12. How do the black areas and Chinatown operate?
(a) As states to a federal union.
(b) As ostracized communities.
(c) As independent countries mostly.
(d) As vibrant subordinate areas.
13. In Ecotopia, what does a street mugger get in prison time?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 months.
14. What is the language, in addition to English, spoken in the area occupied by mostly black people in Ecotopia?
15. What is often extended intentionally to workers in Ecotopia?
(b) Lack of job training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject do Ecotopians sometimes study?
2. What do people sometimes consume on break from work in Ecotopia?
3. What kind of tax is not in existence any more in Ecotopia?
4. What is the kind of teacher that Weston sees at the school that surprises him by what he or she teaches the children?
5. How do the children arrive at the school that Weston visits in the minicity?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)