|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only piece of equipment that Ecotopians use that is similar to American health care professionals in communication?
2. What are some methods of energy employed by Ecotopians?
(a) Solar panels.
(b) Coal mining.
(c) Electric vaults.
(d) Camel pushing.
3. What is Weston forced to conclude about the Ecotopian experiment in the last section of the book?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is a success.
(c) It is repetitive.
(d) It should end.
4. Which of the following is the health care system in Ecotopia?
(a) First-come, first-serve.
5. What kind of medical insurance do Ecotopians have?
(a) Eye and ear only.
(b) Cradle to grave.
(d) Limited liability.
6. What are the health care professionals in Ecotopia NOT like?
(a) Well trained.
7. What does the government use several channels of television for in Ecotopia?
(a) Selling drugs.
(b) Advertising city work.
(c) Ordering hover craft.
(d) Political programs.
8. What is the kind of factory that Weston tours that produces plastic?
9. What does not exist in Ecotopia?
10. What are the houses that Weston sees NOT like?
(a) Well insulated.
(b) Easily repaired.
(c) Poorly insulated.
11. What plays a large part in every family, farm, or factory in Ecotopia?
12. What do people in Ecotopia seem to have at work more than their counterparts in America?
(a) Less pay.
(b) Less freedom.
(c) Greater clothing styles.
(d) Greater enjoyment.
13. While one kind of print lasts indefinitely, what is the other kind of print employed in Ecotopia?
(a) One that fades and can be recycled.
(b) One that appears only on night billboards.
(c) One that is detected by the retina.
(d) One that glows and appears on voice command.
14. By giving workers time off, what can Ecotopian workers do?
(a) Fire their bosses.
(b) Work on a project or enjoy leisure.
(c) Build their own companies.
(d) Build their own military units.
15. Where can newspapers and books be bought in Ecotopia?
(a) Electronic print-out terminals.
(b) Flying booths.
(c) City kiosks.
(d) Underground taverns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot be done with land in Ecotopia?
2. What kind of group organization do the children at the schools have, typically?
3. What does Weston feel about Ecotopian way of life as a whole?
4. What does the Ecotopian government do to the tax breaks and corporate loopholes that American businesses have?
5. What does Weston ask a politician about the Ecotopian government?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)