|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ecotopian art like, according to Weston?
2. Where can newspapers and books be bought in Ecotopia?
(a) Electronic print-out terminals.
(b) City kiosks.
(c) Underground taverns.
(d) Flying booths.
3. How many people are left to cover phones when people take breaks from work in Ecotopia?
(b) 1 or 2.
(d) 4 or 5.
4. How do the children arrive at the school that Weston visits in the minicity?
(a) On foot.
(b) By bus.
(c) By tram.
(d) By subway.
5. What is NOT a popular artistic form in Ecotopia?
6. What is often extended intentionally to workers in Ecotopia?
(d) Lack of job training.
7. Who typically outnumbers patients in Ecotopian health care facilities?
(a) Business owners.
8. What kinds of groups are favored by Ecotopian law?
(a) Small entrepreneurial.
(b) Private wealthy citizens.
(c) Big business.
(d) Autocratic ex-military.
9. What is the name of the school that Weston visits in the minicity?
(a) Crick School.
(c) Master and Servant.
10. What is surprising about the types of people often found working in factories and farms?
(a) They are intellectual.
(b) They are youthful.
(c) They are good-looking.
(d) They are Neanderthal.
11. What cannot be done with land in Ecotopia?
(a) Be bought.
(b) Be divided.
(c) Be sold.
(d) Be inherited.
12. What does Weston think about the air and water in Ecotopia?
(a) Cheaper than in America.
(b) Costlier than in America.
(c) Dirtier than in America.
(d) Cleaner than in America.
13. What is the only piece of equipment that Ecotopians use that is similar to American health care professionals in communication?
14. What do the children do during their two hours of actual work at their school?
(a) Work in sewing factories or at oil plants.
(b) Work in chocolate and ham factories.
(c) Work in gardens or in small factories.
(d) Work at the accountant's or the banks.
15. After Ecotopians shut down the system of oil and gas power plants, what did they set up instead?
(a) Nuclear fission, atomic fission, and geothermal plants.
(b) Solar, wind, and nuclear fission plants.
(c) Coal, biothermal, and physical plants.
(d) Geothermal, electric, and coal plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tax is not in existence any more in Ecotopia?
2. What does the government use several channels of television for in Ecotopia?
3. What is the language, in addition to English, spoken in the area occupied by mostly black people in Ecotopia?
4. What are the houses that Weston sees NOT like?
5. What is produced by the septic tank outside the bathrooms?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)