|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the clear liquid run-off that is produced from the bathrooms?
(a) Natural bromine.
(b) Natural bromine.
2. How is Ecotopian health care different from American health care?
(a) More expensive.
(b) Less expensive.
(c) Focused on preventive.
(d) Focused on curative.
3. How does the Ecotopian worker work differently from others in business or jobs?
(a) He or she is a partner.
(b) He or she can take many breaks.
(c) He or she never works too hard.
(d) He or she owns the business always.
4. What are any of the houses that Weston sees built of?
(a) Insulated wood.
(b) Coal and tar.
(c) Cotton fibers.
(d) Wood and fiberglass.
5. What kind of work do prisoners in Ecotopia do?
(a) Electrical work.
(c) Ordinary jobs.
6. Typically, how many patients does a nurse in Ecotopia have?
(a) 1 or 2.
(b) 3 or 4.
(c) 5 or 6.
(d) 10 or 12.
7. Where can newspapers and books be bought in Ecotopia?
(a) Underground taverns.
(b) Flying booths.
(c) Electronic print-out terminals.
(d) City kiosks.
8. What is removed from tanks and used as fertilizer in Ecotopian homes?
(c) Methane gas.
(d) Natural bromine.
9. What kind of state system does Ecotopia have?
10. While one kind of print lasts indefinitely, what is the other kind of print employed in Ecotopia?
(a) One that is detected by the retina.
(b) One that glows and appears on voice command.
(c) One that fades and can be recycled.
(d) One that appears only on night billboards.
11. How do the people, on average, in Ecotopia compare in health to Americans?
(b) Less healthy.
(c) More healthy.
12. What is often extended intentionally to workers in Ecotopia?
(b) Lack of job training.
13. What does Weston think about the land in Ecotopia?
(d) Well taken care of.
14. Which of the following would NOT be used to describe the Ecotopian health care facilities?
15. What surprises Weston about people taking breaks from work in Ecotopia?
(a) Sometimes the President comes and visits.
(b) Sometimes the break lasts all day.
(c) Sometimes the whole office leaves.
(d) Sometimes the police come in and break it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not a big problem in Ecotopia, as compared to America, regarding the labor force?
2. What is the general maximum size of a business in Ecotopia?
3. What practice do most health professionals in Ecotopia have as part of their training that is not similar to their counterparts in America?
4. What subjects do Ecotopians NOT value?
5. What is the kind of factory that Weston tours that produces plastic?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)