|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the politician describe the Ecotopian government as having that the American government lacks?
(a) Great soccer coaching.
(b) Oil and gas funding.
(c) Socialized medicine.
(d) Ecological priorities.
2. What does each station have to provide in terms of a quota?
(a) Public service broadcasting.
(b) Free speech.
(c) Water reports.
(d) Private sector broadcasting.
3. What is the kind of factory that Weston tours that produces plastic?
4. What surprises Weston about people taking breaks from work in Ecotopia?
(a) Sometimes the whole office leaves.
(b) Sometimes the police come in and break it up.
(c) Sometimes the break lasts all day.
(d) Sometimes the President comes and visits.
5. What does Weston ask a politician about the Ecotopian government?
(a) If it is elitist.
(b) If it is Communist.
(c) If it is socialist.
(d) If it is powerful.
6. What does Weston think about the food in Ecotopia?
(a) Less healthy than in America.
(b) More plentiful than in America.
(c) Dirtier than in America.
(d) Costlier than in America.
7. How do the black areas and Chinatown operate?
(a) As ostracized communities.
(b) As states to a federal union.
(c) As vibrant subordinate areas.
(d) As independent countries mostly.
8. What is the kind of teacher that Weston sees at the school that surprises him by what he or she teaches the children?
9. What shocks Weston about violent crime sentences in Ecotopia?
(a) Their brevity.
(b) Their lightness.
(c) Their duration.
(d) Their severity.
10. Typically, how many patients does a nurse in Ecotopia have?
(a) 5 or 6.
(b) 1 or 2.
(c) 3 or 4.
(d) 10 or 12.
11. How is Ecotopian health care different from American health care?
(a) More expensive.
(b) Focused on preventive.
(c) Focused on curative.
(d) Less expensive.
12. What is different about the Ecotopian approach to work compared to that of the American version?
(a) More repetitive.
(b) More stringent.
(c) More relaxed.
(d) More competitive.
13. What is produced by the septic tank outside the bathrooms?
(a) Sulphuric acid.
(b) Natural bromine.
(c) Methane gas.
14. What kind of medical insurance do Ecotopians have?
(a) Eye and ear only.
(c) Cradle to grave.
(d) Limited liability.
15. What do people sometimes consume on break from work in Ecotopia?
(a) Ice cream and dessert.
(b) Sushi and small cakes.
(c) Thai food and tea.
(d) Alcohol or marijuana.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people, on average, in Ecotopia compare in health to Americans?
2. On what is a limit set pertaining to doctors in Ecotopia?
3. Where can newspapers and books be bought in Ecotopia?
4. What plays a large part in every family, farm, or factory in Ecotopia?
5. What kind of product do Ecotopians use little of?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)