|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the Ecotopian approach to work compared to that of the American version?
(a) More stringent.
(b) More relaxed.
(c) More repetitive.
(d) More competitive.
2. What does the politician describe the Ecotopian government as having that the American government lacks?
(a) Socialized medicine.
(b) Ecological priorities.
(c) Oil and gas funding.
(d) Great soccer coaching.
3. What does Ecotopian education seem less concerned with when compared to American education?
(a) Subject matter.
(b) Understanding of topics.
(c) Length and depth.
(d) Licenses and credentials.
4. What is removed from tanks and used as fertilizer in Ecotopian homes?
(b) Natural bromine.
(d) Methane gas.
5. After a bitter political struggle, what were the black areas and Chinatown designated as within Ecotopia?
6. By giving workers time off, what can Ecotopian workers do?
(a) Build their own companies.
(b) Fire their bosses.
(c) Build their own military units.
(d) Work on a project or enjoy leisure.
7. What kind of tax is not in existence any more in Ecotopia?
(a) Sales only.
(b) Income only.
(c) Personal, income, and sales.
(d) Personal only.
8. What does Weston ask a politician about the Ecotopian government?
(a) If it is socialist.
(b) If it is elitist.
(c) If it is Communist.
(d) If it is powerful.
9. What training do Ecotopian health care professionals share with that of Americans?
(a) Standard medical practice.
(b) Pulmonary resuscitation.
(d) Heart attack treatment.
10. What is often extended intentionally to workers in Ecotopia?
(c) Lack of job training.
11. Which of the following would NOT be used to describe the Ecotopian health care facilities?
12. In what have Ecotopians developed a high level of sophistication?
(a) Human cloning.
(b) Artificial intelligence.
(c) Plant breeding.
(d) Military warfare.
13. What are the houses that Weston sees NOT like?
(b) Well insulated.
(c) Poorly insulated.
(d) Easily repaired.
14. Where can newspapers and books be bought in Ecotopia?
(a) Underground taverns.
(b) Electronic print-out terminals.
(c) Flying booths.
(d) City kiosks.
15. Typically, how many patients does a nurse in Ecotopia have?
(a) 1 or 2.
(b) 3 or 4.
(c) 10 or 12.
(d) 5 or 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about television stations in Ecotopia?
2. What does the government use several channels of television for in Ecotopia?
3. What is the only piece of equipment that Ecotopians use that is similar to American health care professionals in communication?
4. What do people often take breaks from during work and go visit in Ecotopia?
5. What subjects do Ecotopians NOT value?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)