|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Ecotopian education system, how do children progress?
(a) Through levels.
(b) Through luck.
(c) Through grades.
(d) Through tribal competition.
2. What is the name of the new minicity that Weston visits?
(a) San Francisco.
3. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
(a) On top of the roof.
(b) Across the field.
(c) Over the half-time line.
(d) In the pool.
4. What dropped below the death rate in Ecotopia, stabilizing the population?
(a) Birth rate.
(b) Temperature gradient rate.
(c) Infant mortality rate.
(d) Species decline rate.
5. How do the Ecotopians take care of their business through video conferences?
(a) With on-site visits.
(b) With picture phones.
(c) With the iPhone.
(d) With teleseminars.
6. What are the streets of the minicity surrounded by?
(a) Industrial sewage.
(b) Parks and trees.
(d) Concrete and plants.
7. What does Weston think of the room he gets to sleep in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Modern and sleek.
(b) Nice, but old-fashioned.
(c) Big and comfortable.
(d) Dirty and worn out.
8. Who do the Ecotopians avoid after the Pacific event?
9. On the hiking trips, what do the children learn about?
(a) Literature, psychology, and sociology.
(b) Plants, animals, and the environment.
(c) Art, mathematics, and history.
(d) Astronomy, physics, and science.
10. Who are a minority in Ecotopia?
11. Who is Weston's employer?
(a) Wells Fargo.
(c) Art Unlimited.
12. What is cheaper in the long run than clear-cutting, according to Ecotopians?
(a) Little shoot capturing.
(b) Sapling planting.
(c) Mature tree cutting.
(d) Photosynthetic regeneration.
13. Where do most of the population of Ecotopia reside?
(a) Large urban tracts of land.
(b) Smaller towns and minicities.
(c) City skywalks.
(d) Underground taverns.
14. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
15. What is the method of thrill-seeking that Weston sees in Ecotopia?
(a) Sky diving.
(c) Bungee jumping.
(d) War games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the minicity that Weston visits, prior to becoming a mini-city?
2. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
3. What makes people stay glued to their TV sets in Ecotopia?
4. What does Weston write during his flight to Ecotopia?
5. What is different about the equipment Ecotopians use for games?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)