|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weston think of the bed he has to sleep on at the beginning of the book?
2. Who are a minority in Ecotopia?
3. How big is the minicity's population?
(c) 1 million.
4. What does Weston notice about the Ecotopian population as compared to the American population?
(a) Less healthy.
(b) Shorter lifespan.
(c) More fit.
5. What is the population size of Ecotopia by the time Weston visits?
(b) 2 million.
(c) 18 million.
6. How does Weston feel after meeting the people that he mentions in his diary?
7. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
(a) Wetsuit plastics.
(b) Purist plastics.
(c) Petroleum plastics.
(d) Biodegradable plastics.
8. Where does most of the minicity's population live?
(a) 100 miles from the city center.
(b) 1/2 mile from the train terminal.
(c) 20 miles from the waterfront.
(d) 3 miles from the train terminal.
9. What kinds of trolleys does Weston see in the city he explores?
(c) Single passenger.
(d) Automated electric.
10. What system does the person that Weston meets tell him about?
(a) Sewage recycling.
(b) Crop rotation.
(c) Fertilizer creation.
11. Who do the Ecotopians avoid after the Pacific event?
12. What impresses Weston about the average Ecotopian child?
(a) Can race up a mountain in minutes.
(b) Can identify different types of plants and animals.
(c) Can cook food for thirty people.
(d) Can explain quantum physics.
13. Who does Weston meet on the train?
(a) Mountain guides.
14. What does Weston notice about the streams near the lumber camps?
(a) They are swelling.
(b) They are low.
(c) They are not muddy.
(d) They are muddy.
15. What is unusual about the streets of the city that Weston explores?
(a) They connect to skyscrapers.
(b) They are rough and hewn.
(c) They are below the ground.
(d) They are converted into sidewalks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to haul the trees to the lumber mills?
2. What does William Weston do for a living?
3. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
4. Who does Weston get to talk to after the game?
5. How do the Ecotopians take care of their business through video conferences?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)