|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
2. What does William Weston do for a living?
(c) International affairs reporter.
(d) Bank manager.
3. What kinds of cars does Weston see in the city he explores?
4. How do the Ecotopians take care of their business through video conferences?
(a) With the iPhone.
(b) With picture phones.
(c) With teleseminars.
(d) With on-site visits.
5. What does the Ecotopian government do to businesses that fail to comply with pollution laws?
(a) Merge them.
(b) Expand them.
(c) Buy or allow them to fail.
(d) Leave them be.
6. How does Weston feel after meeting the people that he mentions in his diary?
7. What is unusual about the streets of the city that Weston explores?
(a) They are converted into sidewalks.
(b) They connect to skyscrapers.
(c) They are rough and hewn.
(d) They are below the ground.
8. Who are the healthiest people, on average, in the whole world, according to Weston?
9. What uses public opinion to control the policies and behaviors of Ecotopian companies?
(a) Bad Practices List.
(b) X-rated List.
(c) Black List.
(d) White List.
10. What is different about the equipment Ecotopians use for games?
(a) They are dull.
(b) They are spears.
(c) They are made of rubber.
(d) They glow in the dark.
11. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
(a) They last indefinitely.
(b) They are built to break down.
(c) They do not have a guarantee.
(d) They are not fun to use.
12. Who does the nationwide educational program of Ecotopia target?
13. In the Ecotopian education system, how do children progress?
(a) Through levels.
(b) Through grades.
(c) Through luck.
(d) Through tribal competition.
14. What kinds of trolleys does Weston see in the city he explores?
(a) Single passenger.
(b) Automated electric.
15. What was the minicity that Weston visits, prior to becoming a mini-city?
(a) A burgeoning town.
(b) An expanding seaport.
(c) A sleepy village.
(d) A huge metropolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
2. Where does most of the minicity's population live?
3. What is the method of thrill-seeking that Weston sees in Ecotopia?
4. What do all the plastics in Ecotopia do?
5. What do Ecotopian sports revolve around?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)