|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weston notice happens during the game?
(a) The winning team draws graffiti.
(b) A man is seriously injured.
(c) The referee calls foul.
(d) The losing team sulks.
2. What is abundant in the water in the bay of the minicity?
(c) Oil rigs.
(d) Navy seals.
3. Who are a minority in Ecotopia?
4. What does Weston notice about the streams near the lumber camps?
(a) They are not muddy.
(b) They are muddy.
(c) They are low.
(d) They are swelling.
5. Who is Weston's employer?
(b) Wells Fargo.
(d) Art Unlimited.
6. What does Weston think of the room he gets to sleep in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Nice, but old-fashioned.
(b) Dirty and worn out.
(c) Big and comfortable.
(d) Modern and sleek.
7. What game is Weston finally allowed to watch?
8. What does the Ecotopian monitoring system detect blowing off the Pacific?
(c) Poisonous fumes.
9. What do the hard and durable plastics replace in Ecotopia?
(a) Biodegradable supplies.
(d) Coal tar.
10. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
(a) They are not fun to use.
(b) They do not have a guarantee.
(c) They last indefinitely.
(d) They are built to break down.
11. After observing the lumber mills, who does Weston mention meeting in his diary?
(a) American spy agency.
(b) Ecotopian presidential envoy.
(c) Ecotopian counter intelligence unit.
(d) Ecotopian press.
12. What is cheaper in the long run than clear-cutting, according to Ecotopians?
(a) Photosynthetic regeneration.
(b) Mature tree cutting.
(c) Little shoot capturing.
(d) Sapling planting.
13. What was legalized that helped reduce population growth?
(d) The pill.
14. How do most Ecotopians get around?
(a) Drive or take the bus.
(b) Fly or hike.
(c) Swim or run.
(d) Walk or bike.
15. What dropped below the death rate in Ecotopia, stabilizing the population?
(a) Species decline rate.
(b) Birth rate.
(c) Infant mortality rate.
(d) Temperature gradient rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Weston meet to discuss the Ecotopian agricultural and food systems?
2. What movement in Ecotopia wants to abandon plastics completely?
3. What kind of factory does Weston explore in the minicity?
4. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
5. What kind of a schedule do the children have at school in Ecotopia?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)