|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movement in Ecotopia wants to abandon plastics completely?
2. What have the skyscrapers that Weston sees been converted into, in the city he explores?
(d) Underground lairs.
3. What does the Ecotopian monitoring system detect blowing off the Pacific?
(d) Poisonous fumes.
4. Where does Weston travel to when he leaves the minicity?
(c) Redwood City.
5. Where do most of the population of Ecotopia reside?
(a) Underground taverns.
(b) City skywalks.
(c) Smaller towns and minicities.
(d) Large urban tracts of land.
6. What connects the skyscrapers that Weston sees in the city he explores?
7. Who is Weston's employer?
(a) Wells Fargo.
(d) Art Unlimited.
8. What impresses Weston about the average Ecotopian child?
(a) Can race up a mountain in minutes.
(b) Can explain quantum physics.
(c) Can cook food for thirty people.
(d) Can identify different types of plants and animals.
9. What do most women use to control population growth in Ecotopia?
10. What is unusual about the streets of the city that Weston explores?
(a) They are converted into sidewalks.
(b) They are below the ground.
(c) They connect to skyscrapers.
(d) They are rough and hewn.
11. What is the method of thrill-seeking that Weston sees in Ecotopia?
(a) War games.
(c) Bungee jumping.
(d) Sky diving.
12. What happened to the large farms and hospitals in Ecotopia?
(a) They were burned to make way for the new.
(b) They were united into even bigger units.
(c) Broken up into smaller, local units.
(d) They remained intact.
13. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
14. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
(a) Biodegradable plastics.
(b) Purist plastics.
(c) Petroleum plastics.
(d) Wetsuit plastics.
15. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston see children hiking through unforgiving country with?
2. On the hiking trips, what do the children learn about?
3. What does the train that Weston takes run on?
4. How do most Ecotopians get around?
5. How are the streets of the minicity recognizable?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)