|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Ecotopian government do to businesses that fail to comply with pollution laws?
(a) Merge them.
(b) Buy or allow them to fail.
(c) Expand them.
(d) Leave them be.
2. What does Weston think of the bed he has to sleep on at the beginning of the book?
3. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
(a) Petroleum plastics.
(b) Purist plastics.
(c) Biodegradable plastics.
(d) Wetsuit plastics.
4. What do the Ecotopians use that actually causes less damage to the ground than an ox and cart team?
(a) Big electric tractors.
(b) Horse and buggy.
(d) Steam engines.
5. What kinds of trolleys does Weston see in the city he explores?
(a) Single passenger.
(b) Automated electric.
6. What do Ecotopians think of travel for business?
(a) Dependent upon the area.
7. What system does the person that Weston meets tell him about?
(a) Crop rotation.
(c) Fertilizer creation.
(d) Sewage recycling.
8. What do the people who meet Weston ask him to do?
(a) Publicize the message from Washington.
(b) Send a message to Washington.
(c) Repeat the message from Washington.
(d) Forget the message to Washington.
9. Who does Weston meet on the train?
(b) Mountain guides.
10. What do the hard and durable plastics replace in Ecotopia?
(a) Coal tar.
(c) Biodegradable supplies.
11. On the hiking trips, what do the children learn about?
(a) Literature, psychology, and sociology.
(b) Art, mathematics, and history.
(c) Plants, animals, and the environment.
(d) Astronomy, physics, and science.
12. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
(a) In the pool.
(b) On top of the roof.
(c) Across the field.
(d) Over the half-time line.
13. What does television serve in Ecotopia?
(a) As a method of public debate.
(b) As a method of advertising international companies.
(c) As a public announcement system.
(d) As a method of seducing locals to join the army.
14. Where does Weston travel to when he leaves the minicity?
(d) Redwood City.
15. What happened to the large farms and hospitals in Ecotopia?
(a) Broken up into smaller, local units.
(b) They were burned to make way for the new.
(c) They were united into even bigger units.
(d) They remained intact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston see children hiking through unforgiving country with?
2. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
3. In the Ecotopian education system, how do children progress?
4. What uses public opinion to control the policies and behaviors of Ecotopian companies?
5. What is the name of the new minicity that Weston visits?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)