|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cheaper in the long run than clear-cutting, according to Ecotopians?
(a) Photosynthetic regeneration.
(b) Little shoot capturing.
(c) Mature tree cutting.
(d) Sapling planting.
2. What was the minicity that Weston visits, prior to becoming a mini-city?
(a) A burgeoning town.
(b) A huge metropolis.
(c) An expanding seaport.
(d) A sleepy village.
3. How do the Ecotopians take care of their business through video conferences?
(a) With the iPhone.
(b) With picture phones.
(c) With on-site visits.
(d) With teleseminars.
4. Who does Weston meet to discuss the Ecotopian agricultural and food systems?
(c) Assistant Minister.
(d) Food Council Representative.
5. What does William Weston do for a living?
(b) International affairs reporter.
(c) Bank manager.
6. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
(a) Accounting and books.
(b) Drawing and painting.
(c) Hunting and ﬁshing.
(d) Casting and mining.
7. What kind of streets does the minicity have that Weston visits?
(a) Huge and criss-crossing.
(b) Narrow and winding.
(c) Smooth and made of marble.
(d) Cobblestone and broken.
8. What is abundant in the water in the bay of the minicity?
(a) Oil rigs.
(d) Navy seals.
9. How do most Ecotopians get around?
(a) Walk or bike.
(b) Swim or run.
(c) Fly or hike.
(d) Drive or take the bus.
10. Who are the healthiest people, on average, in the whole world, according to Weston?
11. How long do many of the hikes that the children go on last?
(a) A year.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
12. What city does Weston explore at the beginning of the book?
(a) San Francisco.
13. What do the people who meet Weston ask him to do?
(a) Publicize the message from Washington.
(b) Send a message to Washington.
(c) Repeat the message from Washington.
(d) Forget the message to Washington.
14. How big is the minicity's population?
(d) 1 million.
15. What does Weston want to learn about from the person he meets?
(a) Agricultural industry.
(b) Oil industry.
(c) Transportation industry.
(d) Sewing industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Ecotopians avoid after the Pacific event?
2. What dropped below the death rate in Ecotopia, stabilizing the population?
3. In the Ecotopian education system, how do children progress?
4. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
5. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)