|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game is Weston finally allowed to watch?
2. What is the method of thrill-seeking that Weston sees in Ecotopia?
(a) Bungee jumping.
(b) Sky diving.
(c) War games.
3. What does Weston realize that Ecotopians love?
4. What is abundant in the water in the bay of the minicity?
(c) Navy seals.
(d) Oil rigs.
5. What is different about purchasing lumber from the Ecotopian lumber industry?
(a) Lumber is exchanged for personal possessions.
(b) The person must measure everything out themselves and carry all the wood themselves, too.
(c) Lumber is very expensive and is given out in rations.
(d) The person must plant and take care of trees before buying any lumber.
6. What kinds of climates can the wetsuit-like garment that Weston buys be used in?
(a) Hot and cold weather.
(b) Hot weather.
(c) Cold weather.
(d) Muggy weather.
7. What does Weston buy in the city he explores?
8. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
(a) Purist plastics.
(b) Biodegradable plastics.
(c) Wetsuit plastics.
(d) Petroleum plastics.
9. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
10. What city does Weston explore at the beginning of the book?
(d) San Francisco.
11. What is used to haul the trees to the lumber mills?
(b) Big diesel trucks.
(c) Steam engines.
(d) Big electric tractors.
12. How does Weston travel to his next destination when he leaves the minicity?
(a) By train.
(b) By sailboat.
(c) By car.
(d) By oil rig.
13. What happened to the large farms and hospitals in Ecotopia?
(a) They were burned to make way for the new.
(b) They were united into even bigger units.
(c) They remained intact.
(d) Broken up into smaller, local units.
14. What is unusual about the streets of the city that Weston explores?
(a) They are converted into sidewalks.
(b) They connect to skyscrapers.
(c) They are below the ground.
(d) They are rough and hewn.
15. What kind of a schedule do the children have at school in Ecotopia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people who meet Weston ask him to do?
2. What does the Ecotopian legal system fail to prohibit?
3. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
4. How does Weston feel after meeting the people that he mentions in his diary?
5. What makes people stay glued to their TV sets in Ecotopia?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)