|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weston notice happens during the game?
(a) The referee calls foul.
(b) A man is seriously injured.
(c) The losing team sulks.
(d) The winning team draws graffiti.
2. What is the method of thrill-seeking that Weston sees in Ecotopia?
(a) Bungee jumping.
(c) Sky diving.
(d) War games.
3. Where do most of the population of Ecotopia reside?
(a) Underground taverns.
(b) Smaller towns and minicities.
(c) City skywalks.
(d) Large urban tracts of land.
4. What does Weston want to learn about from the person he meets?
(a) Transportation industry.
(b) Oil industry.
(c) Agricultural industry.
(d) Sewing industry.
5. In the Ecotopian education system, how do children progress?
(a) Through luck.
(b) Through grades.
(c) Through levels.
(d) Through tribal competition.
6. What does television serve in Ecotopia?
(a) As a public announcement system.
(b) As a method of advertising international companies.
(c) As a method of seducing locals to join the army.
(d) As a method of public debate.
7. What are Ecotopian plastics produced with?
(a) Living biological sources.
(b) Previous coal residue.
(c) Petroleum sources.
(d) Broken down plastics.
8. On the hiking trips, what do the children learn about?
(a) Plants, animals, and the environment.
(b) Astronomy, physics, and science.
(c) Art, mathematics, and history.
(d) Literature, psychology, and sociology.
9. Where did Ecotopia get a lot of its military weaponry from?
(a) Russia and Cuba.
(b) France and Czechoslovakia.
(c) Spain and Portugal.
(d) Canada and the United States.
10. What does Weston notice that the streets of the minicity are full of?
(a) Fighters and warriors.
(b) Clergy and teachers.
(c) Pedestrians and bicyclists.
(d) Sailors and lawyers.
11. How long do many of the hikes that the children go on last?
(a) A day.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
12. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
(a) Purist plastics.
(b) Wetsuit plastics.
(c) Petroleum plastics.
(d) Biodegradable plastics.
13. What is different about purchasing lumber from the Ecotopian lumber industry?
(a) The person must plant and take care of trees before buying any lumber.
(b) Lumber is very expensive and is given out in rations.
(c) Lumber is exchanged for personal possessions.
(d) The person must measure everything out themselves and carry all the wood themselves, too.
14. What do Ecotopian sports revolve around?
15. Who does the nationwide educational program of Ecotopia target?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of climates can the wetsuit-like garment that Weston buys be used in?
2. What does Weston buy in the city he explores?
3. What is different about the equipment Ecotopians use for games?
4. What states comprise Ecotopia?
5. How does Weston feel after meeting the people that he mentions in his diary?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)