|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is the Ecotopian president?
(a) A woman.
(b) An invalid.
(c) An Independent.
(d) An alien.
2. What kind of a schedule do the children have at school in Ecotopia?
3. What is different about purchasing lumber from the Ecotopian lumber industry?
(a) Lumber is exchanged for personal possessions.
(b) The person must measure everything out themselves and carry all the wood themselves, too.
(c) Lumber is very expensive and is given out in rations.
(d) The person must plant and take care of trees before buying any lumber.
4. Where do most of the population of Ecotopia reside?
(a) Large urban tracts of land.
(b) Smaller towns and minicities.
(c) City skywalks.
(d) Underground taverns.
5. What does Weston notice about the streams near the lumber camps?
(a) They are not muddy.
(b) They are swelling.
(c) They are muddy.
(d) They are low.
6. What is used to haul the trees to the lumber mills?
(b) Big diesel trucks.
(c) Big electric tractors.
(d) Steam engines.
7. What is the population size of Ecotopia by the time Weston visits?
(b) 2 million.
(c) 18 million.
8. What is the name of the new minicity that Weston visits?
(b) San Francisco.
9. What city does Weston explore at the beginning of the book?
(c) San Francisco.
10. What does the train that Weston takes run on?
(a) Oil fumes.
(b) Magnetic rails.
(d) Vegetable oil.
11. What was the minicity that Weston visits, prior to becoming a mini-city?
(a) An expanding seaport.
(b) A huge metropolis.
(c) A burgeoning town.
(d) A sleepy village.
12. After observing the lumber mills, who does Weston mention meeting in his diary?
(a) Ecotopian press.
(b) American spy agency.
(c) Ecotopian counter intelligence unit.
(d) Ecotopian presidential envoy.
13. What uses public opinion to control the policies and behaviors of Ecotopian companies?
(a) Bad Practices List.
(b) White List.
(c) Black List.
(d) X-rated List.
14. What do all the plastics in Ecotopia do?
(a) Freeze or solidify.
(b) Recycle or degrade.
(c) Melt or harden.
(d) Burn or cinder.
15. What does Weston write during his flight to Ecotopia?
(a) His letter.
(b) His journal.
(c) His bills.
(d) His column.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Weston travel to his next destination when he leaves the minicity?
2. How big is the minicity's population?
3. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
4. Who does Weston get to talk to after the game?
5. What does the Ecotopian legal system fail to prohibit?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)