|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the presiding political party in Ecotopia?
2. What does William Weston do for a living?
(a) International affairs reporter.
(c) Bank manager.
3. What does television serve in Ecotopia?
(a) As a method of seducing locals to join the army.
(b) As a method of public debate.
(c) As a public announcement system.
(d) As a method of advertising international companies.
4. What do Ecotopians think of travel for business?
(d) Dependent upon the area.
5. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
6. What does Weston dream about the night after he watches the game?
(a) He is in combat.
(b) He is floating in space.
(c) He is climbing over boulders.
(d) He dies.
7. How do most Ecotopians get around?
(a) Fly or hike.
(b) Drive or take the bus.
(c) Walk or bike.
(d) Swim or run.
8. What is abundant in the water in the bay of the minicity?
(a) Oil rigs.
(c) Navy seals.
9. What is the name of the new minicity that Weston visits?
(a) San Francisco.
10. Who are a minority in Ecotopia?
11. What kinds of cars does Weston see in the city he explores?
12. What does Weston think of the room he gets to sleep in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Modern and sleek.
(b) Dirty and worn out.
(c) Nice, but old-fashioned.
(d) Big and comfortable.
13. Who or what is the Ecotopian president?
(a) An alien.
(b) An invalid.
(c) A woman.
(d) An Independent.
14. What states comprise Ecotopia?
(a) Washington, Nevada, and Canada.
(b) Washington, Oregon, and Northern California.
(c) Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
(d) Oregon, California, and Nevada.
15. What is different about purchasing lumber from the Ecotopian lumber industry?
(a) Lumber is exchanged for personal possessions.
(b) The person must plant and take care of trees before buying any lumber.
(c) Lumber is very expensive and is given out in rations.
(d) The person must measure everything out themselves and carry all the wood themselves, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston want to learn about from the person he meets?
2. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
3. What do most women use to control population growth in Ecotopia?
4. What does the Ecotopian legal system fail to prohibit?
5. What do the hard and durable plastics replace in Ecotopia?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)