|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the streets of the minicity surrounded by?
(a) Parks and trees.
(c) Concrete and plants.
(d) Industrial sewage.
2. What game is Weston finally allowed to watch?
3. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
4. Where did Ecotopia get a lot of its military weaponry from?
(a) Russia and Cuba.
(b) France and Czechoslovakia.
(c) Spain and Portugal.
(d) Canada and the United States.
5. What does television serve in Ecotopia?
(a) As a public announcement system.
(b) As a method of public debate.
(c) As a method of seducing locals to join the army.
(d) As a method of advertising international companies.
6. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
(a) They do not have a guarantee.
(b) They last indefinitely.
(c) They are not fun to use.
(d) They are built to break down.
7. What do Ecotopians think of travel for business?
(d) Dependent upon the area.
8. Where does most of the minicity's population live?
(a) 1/2 mile from the train terminal.
(b) 100 miles from the city center.
(c) 20 miles from the waterfront.
(d) 3 miles from the train terminal.
9. What system does the person that Weston meets tell him about?
(a) Fertilizer creation.
(b) Sewage recycling.
(c) Crop rotation.
10. How are the streets of the minicity recognizable?
11. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
(a) Petroleum plastics.
(b) Biodegradable plastics.
(c) Wetsuit plastics.
(d) Purist plastics.
12. How do most Ecotopians get around?
(a) Fly or hike.
(b) Swim or run.
(c) Drive or take the bus.
(d) Walk or bike.
13. What dropped below the death rate in Ecotopia, stabilizing the population?
(a) Infant mortality rate.
(b) Birth rate.
(c) Temperature gradient rate.
(d) Species decline rate.
14. What kinds of cars does Weston see in the city he explores?
15. What does Weston notice about the streams near the lumber camps?
(a) They are low.
(b) They are swelling.
(c) They are muddy.
(d) They are not muddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of streets does the minicity have that Weston visits?
2. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
3. What city does Weston explore at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Weston notice about the Ecotopian population as compared to the American population?
5. Where does Weston travel to when he leaves the minicity?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)