|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After observing the lumber mills, who does Weston mention meeting in his diary?
(a) American spy agency.
(b) Ecotopian counter intelligence unit.
(c) Ecotopian press.
(d) Ecotopian presidential envoy.
2. What kind of factory does Weston explore in the minicity?
(c) Electric cars.
3. What was legalized that helped reduce population growth?
(c) The pill.
4. What movement in Ecotopia wants to abandon plastics completely?
5. What is different about the equipment Ecotopians use for games?
(a) They are spears.
(b) They are dull.
(c) They are made of rubber.
(d) They glow in the dark.
6. Where does most of the minicity's population live?
(a) 3 miles from the train terminal.
(b) 100 miles from the city center.
(c) 20 miles from the waterfront.
(d) 1/2 mile from the train terminal.
7. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
(a) Hunting and ﬁshing.
(b) Accounting and books.
(c) Casting and mining.
(d) Drawing and painting.
8. What impresses Weston about the average Ecotopian child?
(a) Can cook food for thirty people.
(b) Can identify different types of plants and animals.
(c) Can explain quantum physics.
(d) Can race up a mountain in minutes.
9. What does Weston see children hiking through unforgiving country with?
(a) Their toys.
(b) Their books.
(c) Heavy backpacks.
(d) Their gifts.
10. What is the wetsuit-like garment that Weston buys in Ecotopia called?
(a) One piece.
(b) Latex unit.
(c) Same sex suit.
11. What kinds of climates can the wetsuit-like garment that Weston buys be used in?
(a) Muggy weather.
(b) Hot weather.
(c) Cold weather.
(d) Hot and cold weather.
12. What is the name of the presiding political party in Ecotopia?
13. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
14. Who are a minority in Ecotopia?
15. What kinds of cars does Weston see in the city he explores?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does television serve in Ecotopia?
2. What does Weston think of the bed he has to sleep on at the beginning of the book?
3. What city does Weston explore at the beginning of the book?
4. What kinds of trolleys does Weston see in the city he explores?
5. What does Weston write during his flight to Ecotopia?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)