|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the method of thrill-seeking that Weston sees in Ecotopia?
(a) Bungee jumping.
(c) War games.
(d) Sky diving.
2. What does Weston notice that the streets of the minicity are full of?
(a) Sailors and lawyers.
(b) Fighters and warriors.
(c) Clergy and teachers.
(d) Pedestrians and bicyclists.
3. What city does Weston explore at the beginning of the book?
(c) San Francisco.
4. What system does the person that Weston meets tell him about?
(b) Crop rotation.
(c) Fertilizer creation.
(d) Sewage recycling.
5. Who or what is the Ecotopian president?
(a) A woman.
(b) An Independent.
(c) An alien.
(d) An invalid.
6. What does Weston write during his flight to Ecotopia?
(a) His journal.
(b) His letter.
(c) His column.
(d) His bills.
7. What do the people who meet Weston ask him to do?
(a) Send a message to Washington.
(b) Repeat the message from Washington.
(c) Forget the message to Washington.
(d) Publicize the message from Washington.
8. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
9. What does William Weston do for a living?
(b) Bank manager.
(d) International affairs reporter.
10. What does Weston think of the bed he has to sleep on at the beginning of the book?
11. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
(a) Wetsuit plastics.
(b) Petroleum plastics.
(c) Purist plastics.
(d) Biodegradable plastics.
12. What was legalized that helped reduce population growth?
(c) The pill.
13. What is unusual about the streets of the city that Weston explores?
(a) They are converted into sidewalks.
(b) They are below the ground.
(c) They connect to skyscrapers.
(d) They are rough and hewn.
14. Who do the Ecotopians avoid after the Pacific event?
15. What movement in Ecotopia wants to abandon plastics completely?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the hiking trips, what do the children learn about?
2. What does Weston notice about the streams near the lumber camps?
3. How do the Ecotopians take care of their business through video conferences?
4. What does Weston notice happens during the game?
5. What is the name of the presiding political party in Ecotopia?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)