|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are a minority in Ecotopia?
2. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
3. Who does Weston meet on the train?
(c) Mountain guides.
4. Where does Weston travel to when he leaves the minicity?
(c) Redwood City.
5. Where does Weston's flight land?
(a) San Francisco.
6. On the hiking trips, what do the children learn about?
(a) Astronomy, physics, and science.
(b) Literature, psychology, and sociology.
(c) Art, mathematics, and history.
(d) Plants, animals, and the environment.
7. After observing the lumber mills, who does Weston mention meeting in his diary?
(a) Ecotopian press.
(b) Ecotopian presidential envoy.
(c) Ecotopian counter intelligence unit.
(d) American spy agency.
8. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
(a) Purist plastics.
(b) Petroleum plastics.
(c) Wetsuit plastics.
(d) Biodegradable plastics.
9. What does William Weston do for a living?
(c) International affairs reporter.
(d) Bank manager.
10. In the Ecotopian education system, how do children progress?
(a) Through luck.
(b) Through tribal competition.
(c) Through levels.
(d) Through grades.
11. What do Ecotopian sports revolve around?
12. What is abundant in the water in the bay of the minicity?
(a) Oil rigs.
(d) Navy seals.
13. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
(a) Drawing and painting.
(b) Casting and mining.
(c) Accounting and books.
(d) Hunting and ﬁshing.
14. What does Weston see children hiking through unforgiving country with?
(a) Their gifts.
(b) Heavy backpacks.
(c) Their toys.
(d) Their books.
15. What does Weston dream about the night after he watches the game?
(a) He is in combat.
(b) He is floating in space.
(c) He is climbing over boulders.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Weston explore at the beginning of the book?
2. What kind of streets does the minicity have that Weston visits?
3. What do the hard and durable plastics replace in Ecotopia?
4. What uses public opinion to control the policies and behaviors of Ecotopian companies?
5. What does Weston realize that Ecotopians love?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)