|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What system does the person that Weston meets tell him about?
(a) Sewage recycling.
(c) Fertilizer creation.
(d) Crop rotation.
2. Who are a minority in Ecotopia?
3. What have the skyscrapers that Weston sees been converted into, in the city he explores?
(c) Underground lairs.
4. Who does Weston meet on the train?
(a) Mountain guides.
5. What does the Ecotopian government do to businesses that fail to comply with pollution laws?
(a) Leave them be.
(b) Merge them.
(c) Buy or allow them to fail.
(d) Expand them.
6. What does Weston think of the room he gets to sleep in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Big and comfortable.
(b) Modern and sleek.
(c) Nice, but old-fashioned.
(d) Dirty and worn out.
7. What is the population size of Ecotopia by the time Weston visits?
(b) 2 million.
(d) 18 million.
8. What does Weston think of the bed he has to sleep on at the beginning of the book?
9. What was the minicity that Weston visits, prior to becoming a mini-city?
(a) A sleepy village.
(b) An expanding seaport.
(c) A huge metropolis.
(d) A burgeoning town.
10. Where do most of the population of Ecotopia reside?
(a) City skywalks.
(b) Underground taverns.
(c) Large urban tracts of land.
(d) Smaller towns and minicities.
11. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
12. What does Weston want to learn about from the person he meets?
(a) Transportation industry.
(b) Agricultural industry.
(c) Oil industry.
(d) Sewing industry.
13. Who are the healthiest people, on average, in the whole world, according to Weston?
14. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
15. In the Ecotopian education system, how do children progress?
(a) Through grades.
(b) Through luck.
(c) Through tribal competition.
(d) Through levels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William Weston do for a living?
2. What does Weston realize that Ecotopians love?
3. What does Weston notice about the streets in the city he explores?
4. What do all the plastics in Ecotopia do?
5. What is different about purchasing lumber from the Ecotopian lumber industry?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)