|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hard and durable plastics replace in Ecotopia?
(c) Coal tar.
(d) Biodegradable supplies.
2. What states comprise Ecotopia?
(a) Washington, Nevada, and Canada.
(b) Washington, Oregon, and Northern California.
(c) Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
(d) Oregon, California, and Nevada.
3. What makes people stay glued to their TV sets in Ecotopia?
(a) Soccer game.
(b) An incident.
(c) War games.
(d) Cooking show.
4. What is the wetsuit-like garment that Weston buys in Ecotopia called?
(a) One piece.
(b) Same sex suit.
(c) Latex unit.
5. What are Ecotopian plastics produced with?
(a) Living biological sources.
(b) Petroleum sources.
(c) Previous coal residue.
(d) Broken down plastics.
6. What does the Ecotopian legal system fail to prohibit?
(a) Drugs and prostitution.
(b) Theft and embezzlement.
(c) Murder and suicide.
(d) Robbery and assault.
7. What does Weston buy in the city he explores?
8. What kind of streets does the minicity have that Weston visits?
(a) Huge and criss-crossing.
(b) Smooth and made of marble.
(c) Narrow and winding.
(d) Cobblestone and broken.
9. What is cheaper in the long run than clear-cutting, according to Ecotopians?
(a) Sapling planting.
(b) Mature tree cutting.
(c) Little shoot capturing.
(d) Photosynthetic regeneration.
10. What does Weston realize that Ecotopians love?
11. What city does Weston explore at the beginning of the book?
(d) San Francisco.
12. What system does the person that Weston meets tell him about?
(a) Crop rotation.
(b) Sewage recycling.
(c) Fertilizer creation.
13. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
(a) Across the field.
(b) Over the half-time line.
(c) On top of the roof.
(d) In the pool.
14. What is the name of the presiding political party in Ecotopia?
15. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is the Ecotopian president?
2. In the Ecotopian education system, how do children progress?
3. What connects the skyscrapers that Weston sees in the city he explores?
4. What do all the plastics in Ecotopia do?
5. How does Weston feel after meeting the people that he mentions in his diary?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)