|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most women use to control population growth in Ecotopia?
2. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
3. What states comprise Ecotopia?
(a) Washington, Oregon, and Northern California.
(b) Oregon, California, and Nevada.
(c) Washington, Nevada, and Canada.
(d) Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
4. What does Weston dream about the night after he watches the game?
(a) He is in combat.
(b) He is climbing over boulders.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is floating in space.
5. What does the Ecotopian legal system fail to prohibit?
(a) Theft and embezzlement.
(b) Murder and suicide.
(c) Robbery and assault.
(d) Drugs and prostitution.
6. What does television serve in Ecotopia?
(a) As a method of seducing locals to join the army.
(b) As a method of public debate.
(c) As a public announcement system.
(d) As a method of advertising international companies.
7. What impresses Weston about the average Ecotopian child?
(a) Can cook food for thirty people.
(b) Can race up a mountain in minutes.
(c) Can explain quantum physics.
(d) Can identify different types of plants and animals.
8. What is the population size of Ecotopia by the time Weston visits?
(b) 2 million.
(d) 18 million.
9. What does Weston notice about the streams near the lumber camps?
(a) They are low.
(b) They are swelling.
(c) They are muddy.
(d) They are not muddy.
10. What does Weston see children hiking through unforgiving country with?
(a) Their toys.
(b) Their books.
(c) Heavy backpacks.
(d) Their gifts.
11. What is the name of the presiding political party in Ecotopia?
12. What kinds of cars does Weston see in the city he explores?
13. Who are the healthiest people, on average, in the whole world, according to Weston?
14. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
15. What do Ecotopians think of travel for business?
(d) Dependent upon the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the minicity's population?
2. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
3. What is used to haul the trees to the lumber mills?
4. What do Ecotopian sports revolve around?
5. Where did Ecotopia get a lot of its military weaponry from?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)