|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game is Weston finally allowed to watch?
2. What is the population size of Ecotopia by the time Weston visits?
(c) 18 million.
(d) 2 million.
3. What kinds of trolleys does Weston see in the city he explores?
(b) Single passenger.
(c) Automated electric.
4. Where does Weston travel to when he leaves the minicity?
(d) Redwood City.
5. How long do many of the hikes that the children go on last?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A day.
(d) A month.
6. Who are a minority in Ecotopia?
7. What do all the plastics in Ecotopia do?
(a) Melt or harden.
(b) Burn or cinder.
(c) Freeze or solidify.
(d) Recycle or degrade.
8. What is different about most products made in Ecotopia?
(a) They do not have a guarantee.
(b) They are built to break down.
(c) They are not fun to use.
(d) They last indefinitely.
9. Who does Weston meet on the train?
(d) Mountain guides.
10. What does William Weston do for a living?
(a) International affairs reporter.
(c) Bank manager.
11. What is the name of the new minicity that Weston visits?
(c) San Francisco.
12. What states comprise Ecotopia?
(a) Washington, Nevada, and Canada.
(b) Washington, Oregon, and Northern California.
(c) Oregon, California, and Nevada.
(d) Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
13. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
(a) Casting and mining.
(b) Hunting and ﬁshing.
(c) Accounting and books.
(d) Drawing and painting.
14. After observing the lumber mills, who does Weston mention meeting in his diary?
(a) American spy agency.
(b) Ecotopian press.
(c) Ecotopian counter intelligence unit.
(d) Ecotopian presidential envoy.
15. Who does Weston get to talk to after the game?
(a) The punter and the shooter.
(b) The referee and point guard.
(c) The dribbler and the defense.
(d) The injured man and an elderly man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Ecotopians use that actually causes less damage to the ground than an ox and cart team?
2. What does Weston want to learn about from the person he meets?
3. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
4. Where does most of the minicity's population live?
5. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)