|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Weston meet on the train?
(b) Mountain guides.
2. Where does Weston's flight land?
(b) San Francisco.
3. How are the streets of the minicity recognizable?
4. What does William Weston do for a living?
(a) Bank manager.
(c) International affairs reporter.
5. What are the streets of the minicity surrounded by?
(b) Concrete and plants.
(c) Industrial sewage.
(d) Parks and trees.
6. What makes people stay glued to their TV sets in Ecotopia?
(a) Cooking show.
(b) Soccer game.
(c) War games.
(d) An incident.
7. What is the wetsuit-like garment that Weston buys in Ecotopia called?
(b) Same sex suit.
(c) Latex unit.
(d) One piece.
8. What are some skills that the children learn in school in Ecotopia?
(a) Accounting and books.
(b) Drawing and painting.
(c) Casting and mining.
(d) Hunting and ﬁshing.
9. Who is Weston's employer?
(a) Wells Fargo.
(b) Art Unlimited.
10. What kind of a schedule do the children have at school in Ecotopia?
11. What does Weston notice about the Ecotopian population as compared to the American population?
(a) More fit.
(c) Shorter lifespan.
(d) Less healthy.
12. What does the Ecotopian legal system fail to prohibit?
(a) Robbery and assault.
(b) Drugs and prostitution.
(c) Theft and embezzlement.
(d) Murder and suicide.
13. What are Ecotopian plastics produced with?
(a) Broken down plastics.
(b) Previous coal residue.
(c) Petroleum sources.
(d) Living biological sources.
14. What do the people who meet Weston ask him to do?
(a) Repeat the message from Washington.
(b) Publicize the message from Washington.
(c) Forget the message to Washington.
(d) Send a message to Washington.
15. What kind of plastics are made at low cost with short lifespans in Ecotopia?
(a) Petroleum plastics.
(b) Purist plastics.
(c) Biodegradable plastics.
(d) Wetsuit plastics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston think of the room he gets to sleep in at the beginning of the book?
2. How long does it take, on average, to reach any destination off the train terminal in the minicity?
3. What does Weston realize that Ecotopians love?
4. What is cheaper in the long run than clear-cutting, according to Ecotopians?
5. What was the minicity that Weston visits, prior to becoming a mini-city?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)