|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the healthiest people, on average, in the whole world, according to Weston?
2. How do most Ecotopians get around?
(a) Drive or take the bus.
(b) Walk or bike.
(c) Swim or run.
(d) Fly or hike.
3. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
(a) Over the half-time line.
(b) In the pool.
(c) Across the field.
(d) On top of the roof.
4. Where does Weston travel to when he leaves the minicity?
(b) Redwood City.
5. What does the Ecotopian government do to businesses that fail to comply with pollution laws?
(a) Expand them.
(b) Buy or allow them to fail.
(c) Leave them be.
(d) Merge them.
6. Where do most of the population of Ecotopia reside?
(a) City skywalks.
(b) Smaller towns and minicities.
(c) Large urban tracts of land.
(d) Underground taverns.
7. What does Weston notice about the streets in the city he explores?
(a) They are marked with graffiti.
(b) They are crowded.
(c) They are full of violence.
(d) They are ugly.
8. What does Weston think of the room he gets to sleep in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Big and comfortable.
(b) Nice, but old-fashioned.
(c) Dirty and worn out.
(d) Modern and sleek.
9. Who does the nationwide educational program of Ecotopia target?
10. What game is Weston finally allowed to watch?
11. Where does most of the minicity's population live?
(a) 1/2 mile from the train terminal.
(b) 20 miles from the waterfront.
(c) 3 miles from the train terminal.
(d) 100 miles from the city center.
12. What does Weston notice about the water in the bay of the minicity?
13. What does Weston think of the bed he has to sleep on at the beginning of the book?
14. What does Weston notice that the streets of the minicity are full of?
(a) Clergy and teachers.
(b) Fighters and warriors.
(c) Pedestrians and bicyclists.
(d) Sailors and lawyers.
15. What does Weston see children hiking through unforgiving country with?
(a) Their toys.
(b) Their books.
(c) Their gifts.
(d) Heavy backpacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Ecotopians take care of their business through video conferences?
2. Who do the Ecotopians avoid after the Pacific event?
3. What is the wetsuit-like garment that Weston buys in Ecotopia called?
4. What does the Ecotopian legal system fail to prohibit?
5. How big is the minicity's population?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)