|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Ecotopian government do to businesses that fail to comply with pollution laws?
(a) Expand them.
(b) Merge them.
(c) Buy or allow them to fail.
(d) Leave them be.
2. What was the minicity that Weston visits, prior to becoming a mini-city?
(a) A burgeoning town.
(b) An expanding seaport.
(c) A sleepy village.
(d) A huge metropolis.
3. What does television serve in Ecotopia?
(a) As a method of advertising international companies.
(b) As a public announcement system.
(c) As a method of public debate.
(d) As a method of seducing locals to join the army.
4. What does Weston realize that Ecotopians love?
5. What is the name of the presiding political party in Ecotopia?
6. What is the name of the new minicity that Weston visits?
(b) San Francisco.
7. What kinds of climates can the wetsuit-like garment that Weston buys be used in?
(a) Muggy weather.
(b) Hot and cold weather.
(c) Cold weather.
(d) Hot weather.
8. How does Weston travel to his next destination when he leaves the minicity?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By sailboat.
(d) By oil rig.
9. What do Ecotopian sports revolve around?
10. What does Weston buy in the city he explores?
11. How does Weston feel after meeting the people that he mentions in his diary?
12. On the hiking trips, what do the children learn about?
(a) Literature, psychology, and sociology.
(b) Plants, animals, and the environment.
(c) Astronomy, physics, and science.
(d) Art, mathematics, and history.
13. What kind of factory does Weston explore in the minicity?
(b) Electric cars.
14. What does Weston want to learn about from the person he meets?
(a) Transportation industry.
(b) Oil industry.
(c) Sewing industry.
(d) Agricultural industry.
15. What does Weston write during his flight to Ecotopia?
(a) His bills.
(b) His journal.
(c) His column.
(d) His letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weston think the American sports enthusiast will feel about Ecotopian sports?
2. What kind of a schedule do the children have at school in Ecotopia?
3. What does Weston notice about the streams near the lumber camps?
4. How do the two teams in the game Weston is allowed to watch face each other?
5. What does Weston notice about the streets in the city he explores?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)