• Washington, Oregon, and Northern California break away from the United States and form their own nation called Ecotopia.
• William Weston is an international affairs reporter. He is sent openly by the Times-Post, as well as secretly by the American government into Ecotopia to gain whatever information he can.
• Weston writes his column during the ﬂight.
• Weston lands in Reno and takes a train to San Francisco.
• The train runs on magnetic rails, and not a combustion engine.
• Weston meets some skiers on the train; he talks to them about the train and the plants, which he does not recognize.
• While talking to the people on the train, Weston sees the Ecotopian love for nature and concern for the environment.
• On the train, Weston sees several arguments and shouting matches, but no actual violence.
• Weston explores the city of San Francisco.
• The people of San Francisco, who...
This section contains 2,884 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)