|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janisse insists that she could never cook, telling a story about what happened the scant two times she tried to bake cookies. What happened each time?
(a) She added too much yeast and they began to flow out through the cracks in the oven door.
(b) She forgot about them and they burned up.
(c) She did not cook them long enough and served them raw.
(d) She forgot to add sugar.
2. What kind of creature did Beulah catch in her hands one day, much to the delight of Janisse and her siblings?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A red-cockaded woodpecker.
(c) A ruby-throated hummingbird.
(d) A chameleon.
3. Janisse uses a quote from which novel to begin Chapter 3, Shame?
(a) A Brave New World.
(b) A Separate Peace.
(d) Absalom, Absalom.
4. What did Frank, Janisse, and Steve eat for dessert while floating down the river on their trip?
(a) Banana cream pie.
(c) Peanut brittle.
(d) Chocolate cake.
5. What color is the Bachman's sparrow?
(a) Brown with a blue tail.
(b) Blue with a brown tail.
(c) Gray with a brown tail.
(d) Brown with a gray tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dell stay home from the rafting trip when Steve and Janisse and Frank go?
2. How many acres did Janisse's family's land take up, including the family home and her father Frank's junkyard?
3. What constituted Janisse's and her brothers' very favorite game within the junkyard?
4. What does Janisse say the source of southern Georgia's majesty and sublimity used to come from before that source was destroyed?
5. What job did Janisse's friend Milton have when they were hiking and found the rare indigo snake together?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)