|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traits does Janisse say are the two most elemental features of Frank's personality when she describes him in Chapter 7, Junkyard?
(a) Understanding and order.
(b) Dexterity and compassion.
(c) Intelligence and kindness.
(d) Patience and doggedness.
2. What does Janisse say the source of southern Georgia's majesty and sublimity used to come from before that source was destroyed?
(a) The wide diversity of native bird species.
(b) Many clear springs, rivers, and waterfalls.
(c) The clear, unpolluted skies.
(d) The longleaf pine forests.
3. What number child is Janisse within her family?
4. What does the term bricoleur mean?
(a) A term given to a manipulative person.
(b) A term given to someone who cannot see a situation from another's perspective.
(c) A term given to a bread-maker who uses only natural ingredients.
(d) A term given to folk recyclers, those who find purposes for castaway objects in which others cannot see a value.
5. What is NOT one of the dangers Janisse's father Frank mentions when warning the children about the treacherous junkyard?
(a) A bad cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Janisse not worry when she did not have time to clean the makeshift chalkboard she and her brothers used to play school?
2. What was the subject of Janisse's recurring daydream she had during church services?
3. What is the oldest age to which longleaf pines can live?
4. What job did Janisse's great-grandfather Pun have that she sees as having wreaked havoc on the longleaf pine forests?
5. Though Frank did not graduate from high school, Janisse cited two other forms of education that Frank sought out and received. What were those two sources of education?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)