|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Janisse describes her family's junkyard as ten acres of failed what?
2. How often does Janisse say thunderstorms happened in the summer in their area of Georgia?
(a) About once a month.
(b) Almost every summer afternoon.
(c) At least three times a week.
3. How did Janisse and her brothers covertly celebrate Christmas one year without their father's knowledge?
(a) They decorated a tree deep in the forest and exchanged gifts with one another.
(b) They met at a friend's house and watched It's a Wonderful Life on television.
(c) They used headlights from the salvaged cars to make a string of high-powered Christmas lights as decorations for their tree house.
(d) They went caroling in a neighborhood across town.
4. On the outskirts of what town is the junkyard where Janisse spent her childhood?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Baxley, Georgia.
(c) Augusta, Georgia.
(d) Macon, Georgia.
5. When tree farming became common practice in 1940, why was the longleaf pine rarely planted by tree farmers?
(a) Its seedlings were too expensive.
(b) Its taproot was unwieldy and it grew slowly.
(c) It did not bring as much money as other species of tree.
(d) It required too much room to grow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Janisse describes her area of southern Georgia as lying below the fall line. What does she say that fall line serves to separate from one another?
2. When Janisse's parents tell the the children the stories of their births, where do they say Janisse was found?
3. What job did Janisse's great-grandfather Pun have that she sees as having wreaked havoc on the longleaf pine forests?
4. What nickname did Frank call his wife, Lee Ada?
5. What number child is Janisse within her family?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)