|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob carry Bella?
2. What does Bella allow Jacob to do?
3. What does Jasper refuse to do one day in his past?
4. Why does Jacob go and change into human form?
5. What does Jacob give Bella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Explain why you think Eclipse is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 2
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the book more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Stephenie Meyer.
2. What in Meyer's background may have helped him in writing Eclipse? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Eclipse based upon the criteria you decide upon for a novel to be successful and judge if Eclipse is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Eclipse a successful novel? What about young teens?
This section contains 2,868 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)