|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Alice and Bella begin to feel fearful?
2. What does Jacob tell Bella?
3. Why do the werewolves come into the meadow where the vampires are?
4. What will Edward not tell Bella?
5. How does Edward react to what Bella tells him after graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob hear about Bella and Edward's upcoming marriage and how does he react?
2. What makes Bella insecure about the idea of turning into a vampire?
3. What do Bella and Edward discuss concerning the killing spree in Seattle?
4. About what do Edward and Jacob talk?
5. What does Jasper demonstrate and what do the werewolves do after Jasper is finished with his demonstrations?
6. What do Alice and Bella keep from Edward, and what is his response when they finally tell him?
7. What does Jacob do after Bella cuts herself and what does he argue with Bella about?
8. What does Edward say about Bella becoming a vampire?
9. What does Jacob give Bella?
10. What surprises Bella about the werewolf pack and why does Jacob change back to human form?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think Eclipse is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in Eclipse? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in Eclipse including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Eclipse based upon the criteria you decide upon for a novel to be successful and judge if Eclipse is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Eclipse a successful novel? What about young teens?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)