|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what does Bella insist?
2. How does Edward react to what Bella tells him after graduation?
3. Of what does Edward assure Bella?
4. What does Edward give Bella for her charm bracelet?
5. What will Edward not tell Bella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob hear about Bella and Edward's upcoming marriage and how does he react?
2. Who does Carlisle ask for help in fighting the newborn army in Seattle and why do they say no?
3. About what do Edward and Jacob talk?
4. Why is Alice angry with Bella and how does Bella appease her?
5. Why does Bella cut herself intentionally?
6. What does Edward say about Bella becoming a vampire?
7. What makes Bella insecure about the idea of turning into a vampire?
8. What do Bella and Edward discuss concerning the killing spree in Seattle?
9. What do Alice and Bella keep from Edward, and what is his response when they finally tell him?
10. Describe the fight with Victoria and the other vampire.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eclipse belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in Eclipse? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in Eclipse including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)