|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Edward and Jacob do as Bella goes to sleep?
2. What alibi does Alice create for Bella?
3. Why does Jacob think he should carry Bella to a safe place?
4. What does Edward do to Victoria?
5. To what does Bella reluctantly agree for Alice's sake.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jasper demonstrate and what do the werewolves do after Jasper is finished with his demonstrations?
2. What happens between Jacob and Bella and how does Edward respond?
3. Describe the fight with Victoria and the other vampire.
4. What do Bella and Edward discuss concerning the killing spree in Seattle?
5. What message does Bella get from her mother and how does Bella react?
6. What does Bella realize about several situations going on at the moment and how do Bella and Alice feel about Bella's realization?
7. How does Jacob hear about Bella and Edward's upcoming marriage and how does he react?
8. Why is Alice angry with Bella and how does Bella appease her?
9. Upon what does Bella insist when it's time for training and what is Edward's response?
10. What makes Bella insecure about the idea of turning into a vampire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Eclipse.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Eclipse. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Eclipse. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 2
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in Eclipse? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in Eclipse including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Eclipse based upon the criteria you decide upon for a novel to be successful and judge if Eclipse is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Eclipse a successful novel? What about young teens?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)