|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Edward admit concerning Bella?
2. What does Bella connect to the break-in of her room?
3. What does Bella worry about if she were to become a vampire?
4. What does Jacob threaten when he talks with Bella?
5. What does Edward say is the last thing he wanted to do concerning Bella?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Bella about the werewolf pack and why does Jacob change back to human form?
2. What does Bella realize about several situations going on at the moment and how do Bella and Alice feel about Bella's realization?
3. About what do Edward and Jacob talk?
4. Why does Jacob have to warm Bella instead of Edward?
5. What happens between Jacob and Bella and how does Edward respond?
6. What makes Bella insecure about the idea of turning into a vampire?
7. Why do Jacob and Edward almost come to blows?
8. What does Bella say she wants to do with Edward and what is his response?
9. What does Jasper demonstrate and what do the werewolves do after Jasper is finished with his demonstrations?
10. How does Jacob hear about Bella and Edward's upcoming marriage and how does he react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Edward and Jacob. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Bella and Jacob. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Eclipse help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Eclipse belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)