|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bella leave work?
2. What form does Taha Aki take to communicate with his people?
3. What surprises Bella in the middle of the night?
4. What does Bella prepare herself for in the Preface?
5. What does Sam think about the woman he sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlisle the previous weekend?
2. Where does Edward want to take Bella and who thinks it is a good idea at first?
3. What does Old Quil say about the first vampires?
4. Where do Bella and Jacob go and what do they discuss?
5. Why does Bella enjoy her time with Angela and what does Angela say about the tension between Edward and Jacob?
6. How does Jacob respond when Bella tells him about the intruder?
7. What does Rosalie tell Bella about concerning becoming a vampire?
8. What does Jacob say is difficult for some of the pack?
9. What college has Bella just been accepted to and what does Bella see the purpose of college is?
10. Describe the discussion that happens in the Cullen household when Edward takes Bella there after he has inspected her house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Explain why you think Eclipse is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Eclipse.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Eclipse. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Eclipse. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in Eclipse? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in Eclipse including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)