|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might have happened without that quick thinking?
2. Why does Edward's family rule out their first thoughts?
3. About what does Edward try to appear nonchalant?
4. What do the werewolves do to the first vampire they kill?
5. What does Edward give Alice a Porsche?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob tell Bella about imprinting?
2. Where does Bella go after being with Jacob and how does Edward surprise her?
3. What does Bella discover when she returns home from the Cullens the next morning and what does Edward think?
4. What does Rosalie tell Bella about concerning becoming a vampire?
5. Describe the discussion between Bella and Jacob when they return to the beach.
6. What does Old Quil say about the first vampires?
7. What does Bella plan to do at school that day, and what happens to Alice?
8. About what does Edward confront Bella and what is her response?
9. How does Jacob respond when Bella tells him about the intruder?
10. Where does Bella go when Edward is hunting and why doesn't she stay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an important part of what makes Eclipse interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Jacob. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Bella. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Edward. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
The book ends with plans for a wedding. This gives the reader an idea of what will happen in the next installment of the series. The reader can anticipate the struggles the young couple will face in their decision to marry so young as well as some of the dangers that might lurk for them. Bella tries to exist in a world she does not fully understand with rules that do not allow for her to survive with so much knowledge of that world.
1. Discuss some of the struggles Bella and Edward might experience with Edward having been a vampire for so long and Bella will be new to that form of life. Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your answer.
2. Discuss some of the struggles that Bella and Edward might experience due to the difference in their age and experience of the world. Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your answer.
3. Do you think Bella should wait a few years to become a vampire so that she is older and, hopefully wiser and more experienced when she makes such a decision? Why or why not? Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Eclipse.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Eclipse. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Eclipse. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)