|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leah?
2. About what does Jacob tell Bella?
3. Over what do Edward and Bella disagree that night?
4. Why does Bella think Edward will be angry?
5. What does Edward give Alice a Porsche?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bella plan to do at school that day, and what happens to Alice?
2. What college has Bella just been accepted to and what does Bella see the purpose of college is?
3. Describe the discussion between Bella and Jacob when they return to the beach.
4. What does Edward encourage Bella to do and why does he encourage her to do so?
5. What does Charlie tell Bella regarding her restrictions?
6. What does Carlisle the previous weekend?
7. Where does Bella go after talking with Jacob and who shadows her?
8. Why is Bella angry with Jacob?
9. What does Bella learn concerning Edward's motive for taking her out of town that weekend?
10. Where does Edward want to take Bella and who thinks it is a good idea at first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Eclipse belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Eclipse based upon the criteria you decide upon for a novel to be successful and judge if Eclipse is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Eclipse a successful novel? What about young teens?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)