|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella feel while visiting Angela?
2. Where is Edward when Bella goes to work?
3. What happened to Sam as he began to change into a werewolf?
4. What does Bella discover that Edward has purchased?
5. What does Jacob say he has not yet done?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Alice have and what does Jacob suggest?
2. Why does Edward chide Bella and what does he tell her about the fight in the meadow?
3. What do Charlie and Bella do that evening and what is the outcome?
4. What does Jacob give Bella?
5. Why does Bella enjoy her time with Angela and what does Angela say about the tension between Edward and Jacob?
6. What makes Bella insecure about the idea of turning into a vampire?
7. Why is Alice angry with Bella and how does Bella appease her?
8. Describe the fight with Victoria and the other vampire.
9. What does Bella plan to do at school that day, and what happens to Alice?
10. What do Alice and Bella keep from Edward, and what is his response when they finally tell him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jacob tells Bella how in the legends of the werewolves the old ones used to talk about imprinting, how a werewolf would look at a woman and realize she was the one he was supposed to be with. Jacob says that they had always thought these were just legends, but imprinting happened to Sam shortly after he began to transition into a werewolf when he saw his girlfriend's cousin, Emily. This caused a rift between Sam and his previous girlfriend, Leah. This imprinting has also begun to happen to others of the werewolf pack. Jacob talks about how difficult this can be on some of the pack and how the others are able to read minds while they are in werewolf shape together, therefore they all know how the others are feeling. It is a difficult situation.
1. Do you think it is fair to someone to be subjected to imprinting for determining who they will love? Why or why not? Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your answer.
2. Why do you think fate would cause a person to fall in love with someone when they are already involved or married to someone else? Do you think Sam should have stayed with Leah? Why or why not? Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your answer.
3. How would you feel if you could read the minds of the friends in your group and what difficulties do you think this would cause? Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The book ends with plans for a wedding. This gives the reader an idea of what will happen in the next installment of the series. The reader can anticipate the struggles the young couple will face in their decision to marry so young as well as some of the dangers that might lurk for them. Bella tries to exist in a world she does not fully understand with rules that do not allow for her to survive with so much knowledge of that world.
1. Discuss some of the struggles Bella and Edward might experience with Edward having been a vampire for so long and Bella will be new to that form of life. Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your answer.
2. Discuss some of the struggles that Bella and Edward might experience due to the difference in their age and experience of the world. Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your answer.
3. Do you think Bella should wait a few years to become a vampire so that she is older and, hopefully wiser and more experienced when she makes such a decision? Why or why not? Use examples from Eclipse and your own life to support your answer.
This section contains 3,370 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)