|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edward take Bella to the clearing?
(a) So she can leave a scent for the newborn vampires.
(b) To meet with three other vampire families.
(c) To parley with Victoria.
(d) To meet with law enforcement officers.
2. Why does the person turn Jasper to a vampire?
(a) To hurt Jasper's father.
(b) To save his life.
(c) To build up an army.
(d) To have him as her lover forever.
3. What does Alice bring Bella?
(a) A description of how one becomes a vampire.
(b) A poem Edward wrote when he was very young.
(c) A new graduation outfit.
(d) An ancient book on the history of vampires.
4. What does Jasper do in the meadow?
(a) Shows Bella how to defend herself.
(b) Attacks Jacob.
(c) Demonstrates how to fight the newborns.
(d) Attacks a rogue vampire.
5. What does Jacob say to Bella about her feelings?
(a) She is inconsistent in her feelings for both men.
(b) She is in love with Jacob and won't admit it.
(c) She is confused and just thinks she loves Jacob.
(d) She is cold to Jacob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bella happy about what her mother tells her?
2. What does Edward say is the last thing he wanted to do concerning Bella?
3. When does Bella arrive at the Cullen's home?
4. What does Jacob threaten when he talks with Bella?
5. What does Jacob suggest in response to what Alice says?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bella and Edward discuss concerning the killing spree in Seattle?
2. What does Jacob do after Bella cuts herself and what does he argue with Bella about?
3. What does Jacob give Bella?
4. Why does Jacob have to warm Bella instead of Edward?
5. What does Jasper demonstrate and what do the werewolves do after Jasper is finished with his demonstrations?
6. Why does Bella cut herself intentionally?
7. Upon what does Bella insist when it's time for training and what is Edward's response?
8. Why do Jacob and Edward almost come to blows?
9. What does Bella say she wants to do with Edward and what is his response?
10. What makes Bella insecure about the idea of turning into a vampire?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)