|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edward take Bella to the clearing?
(a) To meet with three other vampire families.
(b) So she can leave a scent for the newborn vampires.
(c) To parley with Victoria.
(d) To meet with law enforcement officers.
2. What does Edward say is the last thing he wanted to do concerning Bella?
(a) Take her away from her family.
(b) Watch her grow old and die.
(c) Hurt her by leaving.
(d) Change her into a vampire.
3. What does Jasper refuse to do one day in his past?
(a) Kill newborns.
(b) Kill his newborn brother.
(c) Kill his newborn cousin.
(d) Kill a priest.
4. Who arrives at the Cullen residence as Bella is searching for Edward?
5. Who does Jasper lead?
(a) The army that is stealing other vampires' hunting grounds.
(b) A huge war in Europe between vampires and werewolves.
(c) The Spanish-American war.
(d) The War of 1812.
6. Why does Jacob think he should carry Bella to a safe place?
(a) So he can spend some time with her.
(b) So she can get to the safe house before the fighting begins.
(c) So her scent will be hidden.
(d) So she will not tire.
7. Who turns Jasper to a vampire?
(a) A female vampire.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His lover.
8. What will Edward not tell Bella?
(a) That Victoria has been spotted in Port Angeles.
(b) That Jacob attacked Edward.
(c) That he will not turn Bella until she has completed college.
(d) About a vision Alice has.
9. Why do the werewolves come into the meadow where the vampires are?
(a) To get a scent of their allies so as not to attack them.
(b) To swear allegiance.
(c) To each carry one vampire on his back.
(d) To sign an agreement.
10. What does Alice tell Bella and Jacob?
(a) She had a vision of Edward's death.
(b) Edward is trying to stop Victoria.
(c) She had a vision of Carlisle's death.
(d) She had a vision of the newborn army coming to Forks.
11. What does Bella read about at home?
(a) The escalating killing spree in Seattle.
(b) The upcoming graduation ceremony.
(c) The escalating fights between two gangs in the area.
(d) The unexplained wolf deaths in the area.
12. Of what does Bella become unsure?
(a) Becoming a vampire.
(b) Going to Dartmouth.
(c) Going to visit her mother.
(d) Going to Harvard.
13. Why does the story about the third wife cause Edward concern?
(a) Bella might do something foolish.
(b) Bella is considering marrying Jacob.
(c) Bella believes the legends about vampires.
(d) Edward is not concerned about a mere legend.
14. Why does Jacob go and change into human form?
(a) To discuss Bella's protection with Edwards.
(b) To receive other instructions.
(c) To sign the agreement for the pack.
(d) To talk to Bella for a few minutes before the fighting begins.
15. What makes Alice and Bella begin to feel fearful?
(a) Thinking that Jacob will kill Bella rather than let Edward have her.
(b) Afraid that there might be violence at graduation.
(c) Thinking that Jacob may try to kill Edwards.
(d) Thinking that Victoria is connected to the Seattle newborn vampires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edward send Bella so he can plan with Jasper?
2. Where do Bella and Charlie go to have dinner?
3. What does Jacob say to Bella about her feelings?
4. Where does Jasper fight?
5. Why is Bella happy about what her mother tells her?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)