Preface and Chapters 1-3
1. What does Bella prepare herself for in the Preface?
2. What does Bella receive from Jacob?
(a) A poem.
(b) A picture.
(c) A ring.
(d) A note.
3. Why is Bella still angry at Jacob?
(a) For being cruel to his brother.
(b) For trying to intimidate her father.
(c) For speaking out against Edward.
(d) For getting her in trouble.
4. What does Charlie try to do?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Get in touch with Bella's mother.
(c) Learn where Edward has gone.
(d) Patch things up between Bella and Jacob.
5. What is the outcome of what Charlie tries to do?
(a) Bella's mother will not speak to Charlie.
(b) He learns Edward is somewhere in Montana.
(c) He gets Bella to agree to see Jacob.
(d) He fails miserably.
6. What does Charlie tell Bella about her activities?
(a) She must curtail so much time alone in the woods.
(b) She is grounded.
(c) She is old enough now to make her own choices and he will no longer interfere.
(d) She is no longer grounded.
This section contains 5,248 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)