|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Part Three take place?
2. In Part Four, Chapter 2, where have Mr. and Mrs. Potter retired?
3. In Part Three, Chapter 6, how long has the Yamamoto family owned the farm where Ivy's father will work?
4. When is Fernando's birthday?
5. In Part Three, Chapter 12, how long until Mr. Yamamoto's son will come to sign papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Four, Chapter 1, where has Friedrich traveled?
2. In Part Four, Chapter 1, what does Friedrich relate about what happened to his sister Elisabeth?
3. In Part Three, Chapter 1, why is Ivy excited?
4. In Part Three, Chapter 5, what will be Ivy's mother's job?
5. In Part Two, Chapter 22, what does Mr. Hoxie say to Mike after his audition in front of the jury?
6. How did Mrs. Sturbridge's son die?
7. In Part Four, Chapter 3, what does Ivy remember about her brother Fernando?
8. In Part Four, Chapter 2, what does Mike remember happened after he fell from the tree up until present day?
9. In Part Three, Chapter 3, why does Fernando give Ivy his jacket?
10. What has Frankie been doing and what does he want to do to please Mrs. Sturbridge in Part Two, Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From Otto to the princesses, to Friedrich, Mike, and Ivy, all the characters had issues to deal with in the story. How did each character resolve the issues that they faced?
Essay Topic 2
The midwife tells each princess that her fate is not sealed when she takes each one to the forest. What does the midwife’s prophecy imply about fate and destiny as the prophecy is uttered and as it is fulfilled?
Essay Topic 3
Hitler’s purity laws and the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany are discussed in Part One of the novel. What does the author convey about racial discrimination through Part One of the novel?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)