|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music does Mr. Potter play on the harmonica in Part Two, Chapter 13?
2. In Part Three, Chapter 13, what falls from a closet in Karen and Annie Yamamoto's room?
3. In Part Four, Chapter 3, what job did Kenny help Fernando find?
4. In Part Three, Chapter 9, what room number is Ivy's classroom?
5. Where did Elisabeth work after the war?
(a) Hospital in Dresden.
(b) Old folks home in Trossingen.
(c) Hospital in Munich.
(d) Pediatric hospital in Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter 11, what day of the week will Mr. Daniels teach winds?
2. In Part Three, Chapter 13, who is in the Yamamoto driveway when Ivy and her mother leave the house?
3. In Part Three, Chapter 6, how long has the Yamamoto family owned the farm where Ivy's father will work?
4. When Mr. Howard comes to eat dinner with the boys, what does he play with them afterward in Part Two, Chapter 13?
5. After Friedrich rescued his father from the concentration camp, how long did it take for him to recuperate enough to travel to Switzerland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ivy discover about the musical talents of the Yamamoto children in Part Three, Chapter 15?
2. What does Ivy's father tell her about the owner of the farm he will be managing and his payment for being manager?
3. What has Frankie been doing and what does he want to do to please Mrs. Sturbridge in Part Two, Chapter 14?
4. In Part Three, Chapter 2, what do Ivy and Araceli have in common?
5. In Part Three, Chapter 3, why does Fernando give Ivy his jacket?
6. How does Mike practice for the harmonica competition in Part Two, Chapter 20?
7. How did Mrs. Sturbridge's son die?
8. In Part Three, Chapter 16, what do Ivy and Victor find at the Yamamoto house?
9. What does Susan tell Ivy about the meaning of "Auld Lang Syne" in Part Three, Chapter 15?
10. In Part Four, Chapter 2, what does Mike remember happened after he fell from the tree up until present day?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)