|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter 5, how many boys are in the Hoxie's Harmonica Wizards band?
2. In the Untitled Opening Section, where does Otto find three women dress in tattered frocks?
(a) A circle of fir trees.
(b) An old barn.
(c) A circle of pine trees.
(d) An old hut.
3. In Part One, Chapter 5, what year was the harmonica made that Friedrich finds?
4. Where do Mike and Frankie leave in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) With an uncle.
(b) With grandparents.
(d) Group home.
5. Where did Otto buy a book that morning in The Untitled Opening Section?
(a) From a bookseller.
(b) From a traveling merchant.
(c) From a green grocer.
(d) From a Gypsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 5, with whom does Friedrich eat his lunch?
2. In Part One, Chapter 19, how large is Uncle Gunter's apartment?
3. When Otto is reunited with his family, how long does his mother say that he was missing?
4. In Part Two, Chapter 6, what type of vehicle does Mr. Golding drive?
5. In Part One, Chapter 16, what is Rudolph's brother's position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Friedrich write Elisabeth at the end of Chapter 22?
2. How do officials learn that Martin and Friedrich plan to leave in Chapter 18?
3. In the story that Otto reads to the three sisters, what happens after their father the king dies?
4. How does Mike find time to play the piano in Part Two, Chapter 2?
5. Why is there a birth certificate that says that Friedrich died?
6. In Part One, Chapter 3, why did Friedrich's father take him out of school, and what did Friedrich do when he quit school?
7. Who does Otto meet when he stumbles into a circle of fir trees in The Untitled Opening Section?
8. In Part Two, Chapter 8, what is Mrs. Sturbridge's house like?
9. In Chapter 19, what do Friedrich and Uncle Gunter gather from Friedrich's house?
10. In Part One, Chapter 15 what happened to Josef?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)