|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading to the sisters and then sleeping, what does Otto find along the path he travels in The Untitled First Section?
(b) Wild geranium and thistle.
(c) Daisies and purple cone flowers.
(d) Berry bushes.
2. In the Untitled Opening Section, how long does Otto wander after reading the story?
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 days.
3. In Part One, Chapter 22, what shape are the cookies that Elisabeth sends?
4. In Part One, Chapter 16, what is Rudolph's brother's position?
(a) Staff lawyer for the Nazis.
(b) Regional commandant for the Nazi police.
(c) Field Marshall for the Nazis.
(d) Lieutenant General for the Nazis.
5. After reading to the sisters and then sleeping, how long does Otto follow the trail until he thinks to play the harmonica?
(a) All day.
(b) All morning.
(c) Several hours.
(d) 3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 15, what instrument does Friedrich's father want him to play?
2. In Part One, Chapter 22, how long has Martin been at the concentration camp?
3. Where does Friedrich have a birthmark?
4. How old was Mike when he learned to play Chopin Nocturne no. 20?
5. In Part Two, Chapter 6, what piece do Mike and Franklin play on the piano?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elisabeth say about her childhood in Part One, Chapter 10?
2. In Part One, Chapter 1, what does Friedrich's father plan to do now that he has retired?
3. Why is there a birth certificate that says that Friedrich died?
4. What is the fortune that the midwife repeats for each of the king's daughters?
5. In Chapter 16, why does Rudolph leave instead of playing music with Martin and a friend?
6. In Part Two, Chapter 3, where are Mike and Frankie sent to be punished?
7. In Part Two, Chapter 4, why does Mouse say that Bishop's is a work mill?
8. In the story that Otto reads to the three sisters, what happens after their father the king dies?
9. In Part One, Chapter 15 what happened to Josef?
10. Why does Mrs. von Gerber visit in Chapter 22?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)