|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 3, who did Friedrich say sat next to him in school?
2. What does Friedrich play on his harmonica in Part One, Chapter 16?
3. In Part Two, Chapter 4, what food does Mouse smuggle to Mike?
(a) Apples and bread.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) Peach and crackers.
4. Where does Friedrich have a birthmark?
5. At the beginning of Part One, Chapter 5, what does Friedrich smell?
(a) Roasted meat, cinnamon, and apples.
(b) Meatloaf, almond, and peaches.
(c) Bread baking.
(d) Stew simmering.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 4, how tall is the A-frame ladder at the factory?
2. In Part One, Chapter 21, how long does Uncle Gunter say that sentences have been at the concentration camp where Martin has been taken?
3. In Part One, Chapter 1, where does the story take place?
4. What is Mouse's real name?
5. Where did Otto buy a book that morning in The Untitled Opening Section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Otto's parents react when he tells them the story of the three sisters and what happened when he was lost in the woods?
2. In Part One, Chapter 6, why is Elisabeth going to work in Berlin rather than Trossingen?
3. How does Mike find time to play the piano in Part Two, Chapter 2?
4. In Part One, Chapter 15 what happened to Josef?
5. In Part One, Chapter 3, why did Friedrich's father take him out of school, and what did Friedrich do when he quit school?
6. In Chapter 21, what is learned about Martin's fate?
7. When Otto is lost in the woods in The Untitled Opening Section, what does he remember about dangers in the woods?
8. What is the emblem for the harmonica factory, and why might it have to be removed?
9. In Chapter 16, why does Rudolph leave instead of playing music with Martin and a friend?
10. Why is there a birth certificate that says that Friedrich died?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)