|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Ivy in in Part Three, Chapter 1?
2. How was Mrs. Sturbridge when she married a violinist?
3. In Part Two, Chapter 15, what does Frankie tell Mr. Howard that he is afraid of?
4. In Part Four, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the day Friedrich took the train to Dachau?
5. When Mr. Howard comes to eat dinner with the boys, what does he play with them afterward in Part Two, Chapter 13?
(c) Marbles or checkers.
(d) Catch or checkers.
6. In Part Three, Chapter 11, how long will Susan and her mother be at her grandmother's?
(a) 5 days after Christmas.
(b) Until New Year's Eve.
(c) Until New Year's Day.
(d) 3 days after Christmas.
7. How many people are on the jury Mike plays for in Part Two, Chapter 22?
8. In Part Three, Chapter 1, how long has it been since the family has received a letter from Fernando?
(a) 9 weeks.
(b) About 2 months.
(c) Well over a month.
(d) 3 weeks.
9. In Part Three, Chapter 12, how many bullets does Fernando say that a ten-cent war stamp will buy?
10. In Part Four, Chapter 3, what job did Kenny help Fernando find?
11. How did Henry die?
(a) Car accident.
(d) Chicken pox.
12. in Switzerland, where did Uncle Gunter and Friedrich work after they fled Germany?
(a) Harmonica factory.
(b) Violin factory.
(c) Swiss chocolate factory.
(d) Furniture factory.
13. In Part Two, Chapter 22, what type of cake does Mrs. Potter served after Mike's audition?
(a) Chocolate fudge layer.
(b) Angel food.
(c) Baked Alaska.
(d) German chocolate.
14. In Part Two, Chapter 19, how many boys and girls have enrolled in harmonica classes?
(b) About 6,000.
(d) Over 5,000.
15. What type of bulbs are Ivy and her mother digging up in Part Three, Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter 4, what is the name of Ivy's new school?
2. Where is Fredrich going to conduct in Part Four, Chapter 1?
3. In Part Two, Chapter 20, how many weeks does Mike practice with Mrs. Sturbridge to adapt his piece for the harmonica?
4. In Part Four, Chapter 2, where have Mr. and Mrs. Potter retired?
5. In Part Three, Chapter 20, what song does Ivy play for Kenny?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)