|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After fleeing Germany, what work did Friedrich's father do?
(a) Taught harmonica lessons.
(b) Taught piano lessons.
(c) Taught violin lessons.
(d) Taught cello lessons.
2. What sport did Ivy's brother Fernando play in high school in Part Three, Chapter 1?
3. In Part Three, Chapter 11, what song does Ivy play on her harmonica for Mr. Daniels?
(a) Deep in the Heart of Texas.
(b) When Johnny Comes Marching Home.
(c) This Is the Army Mr. Jones.
(d) We'll Meet Again.
4. In Part Two, Chapter 14, what type of car does Mrs. Sturbridge ride in?
5. How old was Henry when he died?
6. At the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 16, what song does Mike play when he cannot sleep?
(a) America the Beautiful.
(b) Eliza Lee.
(c) When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.
(d) Home, Sweet Home.
7. How was Fernando injured when he was in the war?
(a) Head injury.
(b) Burned badly.
(c) Lost two fingers.
(d) Leg amputated.
8. In Part Two, Chapter 14, where is Mrs. Sturbridge going?
(a) Golding's office.
(c) Department store.
9. In Part Four, Chapter 3, what color ribbon does Ivy use to tie back her hair?
10. In Part Three, Chapter 14, where is Victor working?
(a) Grove south of the house.
(b) Grove north of the house.
(c) Grove east of the house.
(d) Grove west of the house.
11. What did Friedrich use to get his father from the concentration camp to Munich?
(a) Horse and wagon.
(b) Goat cart.
12. In Part Three, Chapter 20, what song does Ivy play for Kenny?
(a) When Johnny Comes Marching Home.
(b) Auld Lang Syne.
(c) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(d) America the Beautiful.
13. In Part Two, Chapter 15, what does Frankie tell Mr. Howard that he is afraid of?
14. When did the Lincoln Annex combine into one school with Lincoln Main?
15. What is Fernando's job in the army in Part Three, Chapter 12?
(c) Field transport supervisor.
(d) Field radio operator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter 1, what types of home are mentioned?
2. In Part Two, Chapter 20, how many weeks does Mike practice with Mrs. Sturbridge to adapt his piece for the harmonica?
3. In Part Three, Chapter 11, what day of the week will Mr. Daniels teach winds?
4. In Part Three, Chapter 1, how long has it been since the family has received a letter from Fernando?
5. In Part Three, Chapter 19, how many pianos are stored at the Yamamoto house?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)