|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter 2, how long has Ivy's family lived in Fresno?
(a) 3 months.
(b) A year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
2. At the end of Part Three, Chapter 14, what does Ivy play on her harmonica?
(a) O Little Town of Bethlehem.
(b) O Come All Ye Faithful.
(c) Silent Night.
(d) Angels We Have Heard on High.
3. In Part Three, Chapter 14, where is Victor working?
(a) Grove west of the house.
(b) Grove east of the house.
(c) Grove north of the house.
(d) Grove south of the house.
4. In Part Three, Chapter 20, what song does Ivy play for Kenny?
(a) America the Beautiful.
(b) Auld Lang Syne.
(c) When Johnny Comes Marching Home.
(d) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
5. In Part Three, Chapter 19, how many pianos are stored at the Yamamoto house?
6. How many children do the Yamamoto family have?
7. in Switzerland, where did Uncle Gunter and Friedrich work after they fled Germany?
(a) Swiss chocolate factory.
(b) Furniture factory.
(c) Violin factory.
(d) Harmonica factory.
8. In Part Four, Chapter 1, what composer conducted his own compositions on the opening night of the place where Friedrich is conducting?
9. After Friedrich rescued his father from the concentration camp, how long did it take for him to recuperate enough to travel to Switzerland?
(d) Half a year.
10. In Part Two, Chapter 19, what does Mike plan to play for the harmonica competition?
(a) America the Beautiful.
(b) My Old Kentucky Home.
(c) Star Spangled Banner.
(d) Brahms' Lullaby.
11. At the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 16, what song does Mike play when he cannot sleep?
(a) When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.
(b) Eliza Lee.
(c) America the Beautiful.
(d) Home, Sweet Home.
12. In Part Three, Chapter 13, who is in the Yamamoto driveway when Ivy and her mother leave the house?
(a) Mrs. Ward.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Mr. Ward.
13. In Part Three, Chapter 11, how long will Susan and her mother be at her grandmother's?
(a) Until New Year's Eve.
(b) Until New Year's Day.
(c) 5 days after Christmas.
(d) 3 days after Christmas.
14. In Part Three, Chapter 9, what room number is Ivy's classroom?
15. When did the Lincoln Annex combine into one school with Lincoln Main?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter 15, how long has it been since Ivy and her family moved?
2. In Part Two, Chapter 22, what type of cake does Mrs. Potter served after Mike's audition?
3. In Part Three, Chapter 14, what does Ivy plant in the garden?
4. In Part Four, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the day Friedrich took the train to Dachau?
5. In Part Two, Chapter 14, what type of car does Mrs. Sturbridge ride in?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)