|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 19, how long has Mrs. Sturbridge been in her room?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) Almost two weeks.
(d) Most of the week.
2. What sport did Ivy's brother Fernando play in high school in Part Three, Chapter 1?
3. In Part Three, Chapter 7, what song does Ivy play for Susan?
(a) O Come All Ye Faithful.
(b) Winter Wonderland.
(c) Silent Night.
(d) Jingle Bells.
4. In Part Three, Chapter 4, what is the name of Ivy's new school?
5. In Part Three, Chapter 6, how long has the Yamamoto family owned the farm where Ivy's father will work?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 25 years.
6. In Part Two, Chapter 15, where does Mr. Howard say that he has an opportunity to move?
(c) San Francisco.
7. At the end of Part Three, Chapter 14, what does Ivy play on her harmonica?
(a) Silent Night.
(b) O Come All Ye Faithful.
(c) Angels We Have Heard on High.
(d) O Little Town of Bethlehem.
8. How was Mrs. Sturbridge when she married a violinist?
9. In Part Two, Chapter 14, where is Mrs. Sturbridge going?
(c) Department store.
(d) Golding's office.
10. How did Henry die?
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Car accident.
11. In Part Three, Chapter 20, what does Luz cook?
(b) Turkey and soup.
(c) Roast beef and soup.
12. What grade is Ivy in in Part Three, Chapter 1?
13. In Part Four, Chapter 3, what job did Kenny help Fernando find?
14. In Part Three, Chapter 12, how long until Mr. Yamamoto's son will come to sign papers?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
15. How was Fernando injured when he was in the war?
(a) Burned badly.
(b) Lost two fingers.
(c) Leg amputated.
(d) Head injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter 19, when Mrs. Sturbridge eats dinner with Mr. Howard and the boys, what color dress is she wearing?
2. In Part Two, Chapter 20, how many weeks does Mike practice with Mrs. Sturbridge to adapt his piece for the harmonica?
3. In Part Three, Chapter 19, what are stored in a secret closet at the Yamamoto house?
4. In Part Three, Chapter 18, what time is Luz working until at the Ward's house?
5. After fleeing Germany, what work did Friedrich's father do?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)