|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Untitled Opening Section, how long does Otto wander after reading the story?
(b) 3 hours.
(d) 2 days.
2. In Part One, Chapter 1, where does the story take place?
3. In the chapter that Otto reads to the sisters, what is the first consolation for the sisters?
(a) Playing music.
4. In the story Otto reads, how long after his first child is born does the king have another daughter?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
5. What color are Mrs. Sturbridge's eyes?
6. Where does Friedrich have a birthmark?
7. What type of glasses does Josef wear in Part One, Chapter 16?
(b) Silver rimmed.
(c) Wire rimmed.
8. Who is counting at the beginning of The Untitled Opening Section?
9. In the chapter that Otto reads to the sisters, what is the name that the witch most often call the girls when ordered them about?
(a) My little piccolos.
(b) My auto harps.
(c) My violins.
(d) My little flutes.
10. In Part Two, Chapter 4, what food does Mouse smuggle to Mike?
(a) Apples and bread.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(c) Peach and crackers.
11. At the end of The Untitled First Section, what is Otto?
12. In The Untitled Opening Section, how many years before the War to End All wars does the section begin?
13. In Part One, Chapter 5, who is the neighbor who always tries to give Friedrich home remedies for his birthmark?
(a) Mrs. Bonhoeffer.
(b) Mrs. Dietrich.
(c) Mrs. von Gerber.
(d) Mrs. Klein.
14. In Part One, Chapter 18, what time does Anselm want to take Friedrich to a Hitler Youth Meeting?
(a) 6:30 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 7:30 p.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
15. What are the names of the soldiers who stop Friedrich in Part One, Chapter 26?
(a) Dietrich and Klein.
(b) von Gunther and Wagner.
(c) Faber and Eiffel.
(d) Werner and Braun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mike and Frankie live in Part Two, Chapter 1?
2. In Part One, Chapter 9, how old was Friedrich the last time that he had a seizure?
3. In Part One, Chapter 5, with whom does Friedrich eat his lunch?
4. In Part Two, Chapter 6, what piece do Mike and Franklin play on the piano?
5. In Part One, Chapter 16, what instrument does Rudolph play?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)