|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 2, what music does Friedrich hear as he walks to the factory?
(a) Violin Concerto in D Major.
(b) Fur Elise.
(c) 5th Symphony.
(d) 9th Symphony.
2. Where did Frankie and Mike's parents used to live before his father died?
3. What excuse does Friedrich give for leaving work early on Monday in Part One, Chapter 26?
(a) Music practice.
(c) Uncle's dentist appointment.
(d) Sore throat.
4. In Part One, Chapter 18, where is Elisabeth?
5. Where does Friedrich have a birthmark?
6. After Otto recovers and begins telling the story about the three sisters he met, how long does it take people to become tired of hearing the story?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) 8 days.
(c) A day or two.
(d) 3 weeks.
7. In The Untitled Opening Section, how many years before the War to End All wars does the section begin?
8. In Part One, Chapter 6, how old is Elisabeth?
(a) Almost 18.
(b) Nearly 20.
9. In Part One, Chapter 3, how long ago did Friedrich begin working at the harmonica factory?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
10. In Part One, Chapter 4, who oversees Friedrich's mathematics homework?
(a) Mr. Evert.
(b) Mr. Derrick.
(c) Mr. Karl.
(d) Mr. Abelerd.
11. In the story Otto reads, how long after his first child is born does the king have another daughter?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
12. In Part One, Chapter 5, with whom does Friedrich eat his lunch?
(a) A stray cat.
(c) A stray dog.
13. In Part One, Chapter 1, when does the story take place?
14. What does Mr. and Mrs. Potter's daughter do?
15. After reading to the sisters and then sleeping, how long does Otto follow the trail until he thinks to play the harmonica?
(a) All morning.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) Several hours.
(d) All day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 16, what is Rudolph's brother's position?
2. When Otto bought the book he reads to the sisters, what did the person who sold it to him also give him?
3. In Part Two, Chapter 1, what color is Mike's hair?
4. At the end of The Untitled First Section, what is Otto?
5. In the chapter that Otto reads to the sisters, what is the name that the witch most often call the girls when ordered them about?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)