|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 2, what music does Friedrich hear as he walks to the factory?
(a) Fur Elise.
(b) Violin Concerto in D Major.
(c) 5th Symphony.
(d) 9th Symphony.
2. What color eyes to Friedrich, Elisabeth, and their father have?
3. In Part Two, Chapter 1, what color is Mike's hair?
4. In the chapter that Otto reads to the sisters, what is the first consolation for the sisters?
(b) Playing music.
5. In Part One, Chapter 15, what instrument does Friedrich's father want him to play?
(b) Double bass.
6. In the story Otto reads, how long after his first child is born does the king have another daughter?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 1 year.
7. In Part One, Chapter 16, what is Rudolph's brother's position?
(a) Staff lawyer for the Nazis.
(b) Field Marshall for the Nazis.
(c) Regional commandant for the Nazi police.
(d) Lieutenant General for the Nazis.
8. When Otto is reunited with his family, how long does his mother say that he was missing?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) Since afternoon.
(c) Since morning.
(d) 4 hours.
9. In Part One, Chapter 5, with whom does Friedrich eat his lunch?
(b) A stray cat.
(d) A stray dog.
10. In Part One, Chapter 5, what year was the harmonica made that Friedrich finds?
11. After reading to the sisters and then sleeping, what does Otto find along the path he travels in The Untitled First Section?
(a) Berry bushes.
(b) Daisies and purple cone flowers.
(c) Wild geranium and thistle.
12. In the story Otto reads, how long after the king's third daughter is born, does he have a son?
(a) 1 year and 1 month.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years and 1 month.
13. In Part One, Chapter 16, how long have Martin and Rudolph been friends?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
14. What song does Friedrich play on his harmonica in Part One, Chapter 22?
(a) O Tannebaum.
(b) Ave Maria.
(c) O du frohliche.
(d) Stille Nacht.
15. In Part One, Chapter 9, how old was Friedrich the last time that he had a seizure?
(b) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Mrs. Sturbridge's eyes?
2. In Part One, Chapter 1, where does the story take place?
3. In the story Otto reads, how many years after the king's second child was born, does he have another daughter?
4. In Part One, Chapter 22, what day of the week do soldiers plan to question Uncle Gunter?
5. In Part One, Chapter 17, where does Uncle Gunter think they must go?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)