|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Otto is back home with his family, what does he do sometimes when he is afraid?
(a) Plays the harmonica.
(b) Tells Mathilde the story.
(c) Tells neighbor children the story.
(d) Thinks about the sisters' story.
2. How old was Friedrich when he became an apprentice in the biggest harmonica factory in the world?
3. What are the names of the soldiers who stop Friedrich in Part One, Chapter 26?
(a) Werner and Braun.
(b) Dietrich and Klein.
(c) Faber and Eiffel.
(d) von Gunther and Wagner.
4. In Part One, Chapter 1, what did Friedrich's father do long ago?
(a) Ran a grocery store.
(b) Played cello.
(c) Taught school.
(d) Designed jewelry.
5. In Part Two, Chapter 5, when does Frankie want to audition for Hoxie's Harmonica Wizards?
6. What color eyes to Friedrich, Elisabeth, and their father have?
7. In Part Two, Chapter 1, how many other boys sleep in the room that Mike is sleeping in?
8. In Part One, Chapter 22, what type of jam does Elisabeth sent to a neighbor?
9. In Part One, Chapter 16, what does Josef suggest that Friedrich play for his conservatory audition?
10. In Part Two, Chapter 4, what food does Mouse smuggle to Mike?
(a) Bread and cheese.
(c) Peach and crackers.
(d) Apples and bread.
11. In Part One, Chapter 1, what does Uncle Gunter play?
12. How tall is Mike in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) 5 feet 8 inches.
(b) Almost 6 feet.
(c) Nearly 5 feet.
(d) 5 feet 10 inches.
13. When Otto is reunited with his family, what injury does he have?
(a) Cut on his arm.
(b) Cut on his cheek.
(c) Bump on the head.
(d) Cut on his ankle.
14. In Part One, Chapter 1, where does the story take place?
15. At the end of The Untitled First Section, what is Otto?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Otto reads, how long after his first child is born does the king have another daughter?
2. What color are Mrs. Sturbridge's eyes?
3. In Part One, Chapter 3, who did Friedrich say sat next to him in school?
4. In Part One, Chapter 5, who is the neighbor who always tries to give Friedrich home remedies for his birthmark?
5. In Part One, Chapter 21, where does Friedrich learn that his father was taken?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)