|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading to the sisters and then sleeping, what does Otto find along the path he travels in The Untitled First Section?
(a) Wild geranium and thistle.
(b) Daisies and purple cone flowers.
(c) Berry bushes.
2. In Part Two, Chapter 4, what food does Mouse smuggle to Mike?
(b) Peach and crackers.
(c) Apples and bread.
(d) Bread and cheese.
3. When Otto reads to the three sisters, what does the story indicate that the three of them did all day?
(a) Baked and cleaned.
(b) Chopped wood and cleaned.
(c) Scrubbed and cooked.
(d) Swept, toted, washed, and cooked.
4. What did Pennyweather take from Frankie and Mike when they arrived?
(b) Family photos.
5. In Part One, Chapter 16, what is Rudolph's brother's position?
(a) Lieutenant General for the Nazis.
(b) Staff lawyer for the Nazis.
(c) Regional commandant for the Nazi police.
(d) Field Marshall for the Nazis.
6. In Part One, Chapter 22, what shape are the cookies that Elisabeth sends?
7. In Part One, Chapter 5, who is the neighbor who always tries to give Friedrich home remedies for his birthmark?
(a) Mrs. Klein.
(b) Mrs. von Gerber.
(c) Mrs. Bonhoeffer.
(d) Mrs. Dietrich.
8. What song does Friedrich play on his harmonica in Part One, Chapter 22?
(a) O du frohliche.
(b) O Tannebaum.
(c) Ave Maria.
(d) Stille Nacht.
9. Where do Mike and Frankie live in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
10. In Part Two, Chapter 6, what piece do Mike and Franklin play on the piano?
(a) Star Spangled Banner.
(b) God Bless America.
(c) The Stars and Stripes Forever.
(d) America the Beautiful
11. After reading to the sisters and then sleeping, how long does Otto follow the trail until he thinks to play the harmonica?
(a) Several hours.
(b) All day.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) All morning.
12. In Part One, Chapter 16, how long have Martin and Rudolph been friends?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
13. In Part One, Chapter 21, how long does Uncle Gunter say that sentences have been at the concentration camp where Martin has been taken?
(a) 2-8 months.
(b) 3-5 years.
(c) A month to several years.
(d) At least 18 months.
14. In Part One, Chapter 22, how does Elisabeth get a package to Friedrich?
(a) Through Anselm.
(b) Through a friend from the Berlin symphony.
(c) Through one of the factory owners.
(d) Through Mrs. von Gerber.
15. Who is counting at the beginning of The Untitled Opening Section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who never gets tired of listening to Otto's tale about the three sisters?
2. What does Mr. and Mrs. Potter's daughter do?
3. What are the names of the soldiers who stop Friedrich in Part One, Chapter 26?
4. In Part One, Chapter 16, what instrument does Rudolph play?
5. After Otto is back home with his family, what does he do sometimes when he is afraid?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)