|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two - Chapters 1-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 3, who welcomed Friedrich to the harmonica factory when he began working there?
2. In Part One, Chapter 16, how long have Martin and Rudolph been friends?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. Where do Mike and Frankie leave in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) Group home.
(b) With an uncle.
(c) With grandparents.
4. At the beginning of Part One, Chapter 5, what does Friedrich smell?
(a) Bread baking.
(b) Meatloaf, almond, and peaches.
(c) Stew simmering.
(d) Roasted meat, cinnamon, and apples.
5. After Otto is back home with his family, what does he do sometimes when he is afraid?
(a) Plays the harmonica.
(b) Tells neighbor children the story.
(c) Tells Mathilde the story.
(d) Thinks about the sisters' story.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Otto reads, how many years after the king's second child was born, does he have another daughter?
2. What excuse does Friedrich give for leaving work early on Monday in Part One, Chapter 26?
3. In Part One, Chapter 3, who did Friedrich say sat next to him in school?
4. In Part Two, Chapter 6, what type of vehicle does Mr. Golding drive?
5. In Part One, Chapter 1, where does the story take place?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)