|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Untitled Opening Section, how many years before the War to End All wars does the section begin?
2. In Part One, Chapter 2, what music does Friedrich hear as he walks to the factory?
(a) Fur Elise.
(b) 9th Symphony.
(c) Violin Concerto in D Major.
(d) 5th Symphony.
3. When Otto reads to the three sisters, what does the story indicate that the three of them did all day?
(a) Baked and cleaned.
(b) Swept, toted, washed, and cooked.
(c) Scrubbed and cooked.
(d) Chopped wood and cleaned.
4. What color eyes to Friedrich, Elisabeth, and their father have?
5. In Part One, Chapter 5, who is the neighbor who always tries to give Friedrich home remedies for his birthmark?
(a) Mrs. Bonhoeffer.
(b) Mrs. Dietrich.
(c) Mrs. Klein.
(d) Mrs. von Gerber.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading to the sisters and then sleeping, what does Otto find along the path he travels in The Untitled First Section?
2. In the chapter that Otto reads to the sisters, what is the first consolation for the sisters?
3. Where does Friedrich have a birthmark?
4. After Otto is back home with his family, what does he do sometimes when he is afraid?
5. In Part One, Chapter 1, where does the story take place?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)