|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Friedrich when he became an apprentice in the biggest harmonica factory in the world?
2. In Part One, Chapter 6, how old is Elisabeth?
(a) Nearly 20.
(c) Almost 18.
3. After Otto recovers and begins telling the story about the three sisters he met, how long does it take people to become tired of hearing the story?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) A day or two.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 8 days.
4. Where did Otto buy a book that morning in The Untitled Opening Section?
(a) From a bookseller.
(b) From a green grocer.
(c) From a traveling merchant.
(d) From a Gypsy.
5. In Part One, Chapter 5, what year was the harmonica made that Friedrich finds?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 5, what melody does Friedrich hear?
2. When Otto reads to the three sisters, what does the story indicate that the three of them did all day?
3. In Part One, Chapter 3, who did Friedrich say sat next to him in school?
4. In Part One, Chapter 4, how tall is the A-frame ladder at the factory?
5. In the Untitled Opening Section, where does Otto find three women dress in tattered frocks?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)