|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part One, Chapter 5, what does Friedrich smell?
(a) Stew simmering.
(b) Roasted meat, cinnamon, and apples.
(c) Bread baking.
(d) Meatloaf, almond, and peaches.
2. In the chapter that Otto reads to the sisters, what is the name that the witch most often call the girls when ordered them about?
(a) My little piccolos.
(b) My auto harps.
(c) My little flutes.
(d) My violins.
3. In Part One, Chapter 1, what did Friedrich's father do long ago?
(a) Ran a grocery store.
(b) Played cello.
(c) Taught school.
(d) Designed jewelry.
4. In Part One, Chapter 4, who oversees Friedrich's mathematics homework?
(a) Mr. Karl.
(b) Mr. Evert.
(c) Mr. Derrick.
(d) Mr. Abelerd.
5. In Part One, Chapter 9, how old was Friedrich the last time that he had a seizure?
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Otto reads to the three sisters, what does the story indicate that the three of them did all day?
2. In the story Otto reads, how long after his first child is born does the king have another daughter?
3. In Part One, Chapter 4, what is the harmonica made from that Friedrich inspects?
4. In the story Otto reads, where does the midwife take the king's baby?
5. When Otto is reunited with his family, how long does his mother say that he was missing?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)