|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herger warn Ibn about approaching?
2. How are warriors with extremity wounds treated?
3. For what does Buliwyf ask the dwarfs?
4. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
5. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibn see as the wendol approach at night and what does he think it is?
2. How are wounded warriors treated for their wounds?
3. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
4. What is the only time Ibn can observe the Northmen showing any emotions about the first battle with the wendol?
5. How does Ibn feel when he looks at the cliffs, what does he tell Herger and what does Herger tell him?
6. How does Ibn meet up and get to know a Northwoman?
7. Where does Ibn awake after the battle and what does he see as he walks across the compound?
8. What does Herger tell Ibn about the wendol's mother?
9. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
10. What do Herger and Ibn think of each others' religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think "Eaters of the Dead" is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss "Eaters of the Dead" based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if this is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for young teens versus adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider "Eaters of the Dead" a successful novel? What about young teens?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)