|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
(a) Stands with the men without his sword.
(b) Nothing, he is too wounded to get up.
(c) Comes out to await the fight.
(d) Yells out orders from his bed.
2. How are warriors with extremity wounds treated?
(a) Whiskey is poured on their wounds.
(b) Salt water.
(c) They are given willow bark tea.
(d) Spiderwebs or hot cloths.
3. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
(a) The manuscript ends abruptly.
(b) He becomes more descriptive.
(c) It does not change.
(d) He switches to the third person.
4. What does Herger do after he talks to Ibn?
(a) Leaves to talk to Buliwyf.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Finds a woman.
(d) Slaps Ibn in the face as is custom during a feast.
5. Who wakes Ibn after the battle?
(b) A Northwoman.
(c) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he is afraid?
2. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
3. With what is the valley they come to filled?
4. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
5. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
2. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
3. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
4. What does Herger tell Ibn about why the Vikings are not more excited after the first battle?
5. What do the dwarfs give the warriors and what do they say to Buliwyf's question about a successful attack?
6. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
7. What do the warriors do when they reach a region of caves?
8. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
9. What do the riders see when they look down on an encampment?
10. What does Buliwyf do the night the wendol attack after they kill the mother and how does he look?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)