|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What litters the ground of Rothgar's compound?
(a) Bodies of the wendol.
(b) Dozens of torches.
(c) Bodies of dead women, children and men.
(d) Burned wood.
2. Why does Herger tell Ibn a lot of information?
(a) Buliwyf has told him to do that.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) Ibn has proven his worth.
(d) Rothgar wants Ibn to know what he faces.
3. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
(a) A cauldron of holy water.
(b) The stone pregnant woman.
(c) The bear head that was left.
(d) Four hounds.
4. Where does the wendol's mother live?
(a) High on a mountain.
(b) In the desert of dread.
(c) In another land across the ocean straits.
(d) In a cave beneath the cliffs.
5. What does Buliwyf do as the warriors near Hurot?
(a) Head in a different direction.
(b) Stop the men.
(c) Stops for lunch.
(d) Gets off his horse and walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the dwarfs give the warriors?
2. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
3. With what is the valley they come to filled?
4. Who wakes Ibn after the battle?
5. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Herger take care of a man who wants to kill Buliwyf?
2. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
3. How does Ibn meet up and get to know a Northwoman?
4. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
5. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
6. What do the riders see when they look down on an encampment?
7. What do they see in the largest hut of the wendol camp?
8. What do the warriors do when they reach a region of caves?
9. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
10. What does Herger tell Ibn about the wendol's mother?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)