|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
(a) Walls covered in crystals.
(b) Huge carved statues.
(c) Steaming, sizzling cauldrons.
(d) Beautiful rock formations.
2. What does Buliwyf do as the warriors near Hurot?
(a) Gets off his horse and walks.
(b) Stops for lunch.
(c) Stop the men.
(d) Head in a different direction.
3. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
(a) The bear head that was left.
(b) Four hounds.
(c) A cauldron of holy water.
(d) The stone pregnant woman.
4. What does Buliwyf ask Ibn about the dwarfs?
(a) If he likes the sword the dwarfs gave Ibn.
(b) If he knows any other dwarfs.
(c) If he could find the dwarfs' caves again.
(d) If he understands what the dwarf said.
5. What do the Northwomen look like?
(a) Tall and pale with blue eyes.
(b) Short, thin and muscular.
(c) Tall with usually black hair and green eyes.
(d) Short and stocky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn see as they enter the land of the wendol?
2. For what does Buliwyf ask the dwarfs?
3. Who wakes Ibn after the battle?
4. Why doesn't Ibn leave Hurot?
5. With what is the valley they come to filled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
2. What do the warriors do when they reach a region of caves?
3. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
4. Where does Ibn awake after the battle and what does he see as he walks across the compound?
5. How are wounded warriors treated for their wounds?
6. What does Buliwyf do the night the wendol attack after they kill the mother and how does he look?
7. What do Herger and Ibn think of each others' religion?
8. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
9. What do the Northmen do around mid-morning the day after the second battle?
10. How does Ibn feel when he looks at the cliffs, what does he tell Herger and what does Herger tell him?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)