|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
(a) He wants to be one of the first to encounter any fighting.
(b) He wants to find out their strategy.
(c) He wants to tell him the quote Ibn said to him.
(d) He doesn't want to ride with a coward.
2. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
(a) The wendol will bring about his death.
(b) Buliwyf will become the king of the Vikings.
(c) He doesn't tell him anything about Buliwyf.
(d) Buliwyf will have a son.
3. What does Ibn see as they enter the land of the wendol?
(a) Piles of mating snakes.
(b) Stakes with human skulls on them.
(c) The ground is covered with bones.
(d) Poles with the heads of beast on them.
4. What does Buliwyf do when they offer him onion soup back at the hall?
(a) Refuses it.
(b) Drinks it.
(c) Knocks it out of the woman's hand.
(d) Says he will eat it when it cools.
5. What do the warriors follow?
(a) Discarded bones from food.
(b) A trail of blood.
(c) Mostly the scent of the wendols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn ask Herger as they near Hurot?
2. What is the form of the Korgon?
3. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he is afraid?
4. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
5. How does Ibn leave the Northmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only time Ibn can observe the Northmen showing any emotions about the first battle with the wendol?
2. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
3. How does Ibn feel when he looks at the cliffs, what does he tell Herger and what does Herger tell him?
4. What do the dwarfs give the warriors and what do they say to Buliwyf's question about a successful attack?
5. What does the dwarf soothsayer tell Buliwyf?
6. What does Buliwyf do the night the wendol attack after they kill the mother and how does he look?
7. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
8. What does Buliwyf do as they are heading back to Rothgar's Hall and why? What does Ibn think about Herger's information?
9. What do the Northmen do around mid-morning the day after the second battle?
10. What does Herger tell Ibn about why the Vikings are not more excited after the first battle?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)