|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Rothgar's Hall.
(d) The lake.
2. Why doesn't Ibn leave Hurot?
(a) Herger has asked him to stay.
(b) Rothgar will not let him.
(c) He has no horse to ride.
(d) He has fallen in love.
3. How are warriors with extremity wounds treated?
(a) Salt water.
(b) They are given willow bark tea.
(c) Whiskey is poured on their wounds.
(d) Spiderwebs or hot cloths.
4. With what is the valley they come to filled?
(a) Dead animal carcasses.
(b) Wendol children.
(c) A huge lake.
(d) Crude huts.
5. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
(a) The bear head that was left.
(b) Four hounds.
(c) The stone pregnant woman.
(d) A cauldron of holy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the wendols look like when not dressed for war?
2. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he is afraid?
3. How many shields does a man get when in a Viking duel?
4. What do the Northwomen look like?
5. What happens the night of Buliwyf's visit to the dwarfs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
2. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
3. What is the only time Ibn can observe the Northmen showing any emotions about the first battle with the wendol?
4. Where does Ibn awake after the battle and what does he see as he walks across the compound?
5. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
6. How does Ibn feel when he looks at the cliffs, what does he tell Herger and what does Herger tell him?
7. What does Buliwyf tell the men to do once they have scaled the cliffs and how is Ibn feeling?
8. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn and ask him to do?
9. What does the dwarf soothsayer tell Buliwyf?
10. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)