|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
(a) It does not change.
(b) The manuscript ends abruptly.
(c) He becomes more descriptive.
(d) He switches to the third person.
2. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
(a) Tells him to go to bed.
(b) Sits down beside him.
(c) Slaps him in the face.
(d) Hands him a glass of wine.
3. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
(a) He is checking the ground for footprints.
(b) The horses need to rest.
(c) Dwarfs are afraid of horses.
(d) It is too rocky for horses to be ridden.
4. With what are the arms of the throne-like chair found covered?
(a) Carvings of words.
(b) Blood and brain matter.
(c) Animal fur.
5. What are the caves where the warriors are going called?
(a) Thunder caves.
(b) Wendol caverns.
(c) Land Below.
(d) Home of the cliff dwellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the wendol's mother live?
2. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
3. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
4. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
5. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Northmen do around mid-morning the day after the second battle?
2. What do the warriors do when they reach a region of caves?
3. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
4. What does Herger tell Ibn about the wendol's mother?
5. How does Ibn feel when he looks at the cliffs, what does he tell Herger and what does Herger tell him?
6. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn and ask him to do?
7. How does Herger take care of a man who wants to kill Buliwyf?
8. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
9. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
10. What is the only time Ibn can observe the Northmen showing any emotions about the first battle with the wendol?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)