|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of power does Herger say the dwarfs have?
(a) He does not mention power as far as the dwarfs are concerned.
(b) Mechanical power.
(c) Magical power.
(d) A powerful army.
2. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
(a) About his home and famiily.
(b) About the original fight between the wendol and Northmen.
(c) About the wendol's origin.
(d) About the wendol's mother.
3. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
(a) Trade war souvenirs.
(b) Slap each other in the face.
(c) Grip each others' shoulders in friendship.
(d) Exchange swords.
4. With what are the arms of the throne-like chair found covered?
(b) Carvings of words.
(c) Animal fur.
(d) Blood and brain matter.
5. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
(a) Walls covered in crystals.
(b) Huge carved statues.
(c) Beautiful rock formations.
(d) Steaming, sizzling cauldrons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
2. What do the warriors drink in great quantities at the feast the night of the visit to the dwarfs?
3. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
4. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
5. Why does Herger tell Ibn a lot of information?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
2. What do the riders see when they look down on an encampment?
3. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
4. What does Buliwyf do as they are heading back to Rothgar's Hall and why? What does Ibn think about Herger's information?
5. How does Herger take care of a man who wants to kill Buliwyf?
6. What do the Northmen do around mid-morning the day after the second battle?
7. What does Buliwyf do the night the wendol attack after they kill the mother and how does he look?
8. What does Ibn see as the wendol approach at night and what does he think it is?
9. How does Wiglif end up dead?
10. What do the warriors do when they reach a region of caves?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)