|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about the attack in the desert of dread?
(a) It was not a hero's enterprise.
(b) It was a brave thing to do.
(c) He will infuriate the wendol.
(d) It will help the problem.
2. What shocks Ibn about the Northmen's attitude after the first battle?
(a) They are not more excited.
(b) They are weeping and crying.
(c) They are so excited they wanted to follow the wendol immediately.
(d) They are indifferent.
3. With what is the valley they come to filled?
(a) A huge lake.
(b) Dead animal carcasses.
(c) Crude huts.
(d) Wendol children.
4. What does Buliwyf ask Ibn about the dwarfs?
(a) If he knows any other dwarfs.
(b) If he could find the dwarfs' caves again.
(c) If he likes the sword the dwarfs gave Ibn.
(d) If he understands what the dwarf said.
5. Why do the women cover Hurot with water?
(a) To keep the glowworm from setting it afire.
(b) The wendols are afraid of water.
(c) It is Holy water which will repel the enemy.
(d) So the warriors won't get dehydrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the warriors follow?
2. How do the Northmen view warriors who die in bed or as old men?
3. How is Buliwyf dressed?
4. What does Herger do after he talks to Ibn?
5. Why does Ibn join the revelry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dwarf soothsayer tell Buliwyf?
2. What do the riders see when they look down on an encampment?
3. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
4. What do they see in the largest hut of the wendol camp?
5. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
6. What does Buliwyf do the night the wendol attack after they kill the mother and how does he look?
7. How does Ibn meet up and get to know a Northwoman?
8. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
9. What do Herger and Ibn think of each others' religion?
10. How does Ibn feel when he looks at the cliffs, what does he tell Herger and what does Herger tell him?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)