|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herger continually ask Ibn about?
(a) Ibn's country.
(b) Ibn's religion.
(c) Ibn's family.
(d) Ibn's reasons for wanting to leave.
2. What litters the ground of Rothgar's compound?
(a) Bodies of the wendol.
(b) Burned wood.
(c) Dozens of torches.
(d) Bodies of dead women, children and men.
3. Who does Ibn slay inside the hall?
(b) The herald.
(c) No one.
(d) A wendol who had hidden inside.
4. What do the dwarfs give the warriors?
(a) A great deal of food.
(b) New swords.
(c) Daggers and rope.
(d) New body armor.
5. What shocks Ibn about the Northmen's attitude after the first battle?
(a) They are weeping and crying.
(b) They are so excited they wanted to follow the wendol immediately.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They are not more excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Buliwyf have seven horses prepared?
2. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
3. With what are the arms of the throne-like chair found covered?
4. How does Ibn feel about what Herger told him about Buliwyf's plan?
5. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wiglif end up dead?
2. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
3. What does the dwarf soothsayer tell Buliwyf?
4. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
5. Where does Ibn awake after the battle and what does he see as he walks across the compound?
6. What does Buliwyf do as they are heading back to Rothgar's Hall and why? What does Ibn think about Herger's information?
7. What does Herger tell Ibn about the wendol's mother?
8. How are wounded warriors treated for their wounds?
9. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
10. What does Buliwyf tell the men to do once they have scaled the cliffs and how is Ibn feeling?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)