|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
(a) In the shoulder.
(b) In the leg.
(c) He is not wounded.
(d) His arm is slashed.
2. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
(a) A cauldron of holy water.
(b) The bear head that was left.
(c) Four hounds.
(d) The stone pregnant woman.
3. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
(a) Ibn's sword.
(b) A large rock thrown by a woman.
(c) Bulify's shield.
(d) Herger's ax.
4. What does Ibn ask Herger as they near Hurot?
(a) If the wendol are gone.
(b) What they are going to do next.
(c) If Buliwyf knows what he is doing.
(d) If the wendol will return.
5. Why do the men not take a break between battles?
(a) They will lose any battle they do not pursue immediately, they think.
(b) They are still hyped up.
(c) It is the way it always is.
(d) So the wounded who are going to die can fight their last battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
2. How many shields does a man get when in a Viking duel?
3. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
4. Why doesn't Ibn leave Hurot?
5. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do they see in the largest hut of the wendol camp?
2. How does Ibn meet up and get to know a Northwoman?
3. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
4. What does Ibn see as the wendol approach at night and what does he think it is?
5. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
6. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
7. What does Herger tell Ibn about why the Vikings are not more excited after the first battle?
8. How does Wiglif end up dead?
9. What do the Northmen do around mid-morning the day after the second battle?
10. How are wounded warriors treated for their wounds?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)