|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
(a) Beautiful rock formations.
(b) Walls covered in crystals.
(c) Steaming, sizzling cauldrons.
(d) Huge carved statues.
2. How do the Northmen view warriors who die in bed or as old men?
(a) As the leaders in the community.
(b) As very wise.
(c) As the best there is.
(d) As cowards.
3. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
(a) He has enough information to understand their fight.
(b) He will stay another year and learn more about them.
(c) He has learned a lot about them.
(d) He knows practically nothing about them.
4. How many of the wendol does Ibn slay?
5. How is Buliwyf dressed?
(a) All in black.
(b) In greens and browns to represent the earth.
(c) With the armor from the dwarfs.
(d) All in white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
2. What litters the ground of Rothgar's compound?
3. Why does Ibn join the revelry?
4. What does Herger warn Ibn about approaching?
5. How does Ibn leave the Northmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ibn feel when he looks at the cliffs, what does he tell Herger and what does Herger tell him?
2. What does the dwarf soothsayer tell Buliwyf?
3. What is the only time Ibn can observe the Northmen showing any emotions about the first battle with the wendol?
4. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
5. Where does Ibn awake after the battle and what does he see as he walks across the compound?
6. What does Buliwyf do as they are heading back to Rothgar's Hall and why? What does Ibn think about Herger's information?
7. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
8. What do Herger and Ibn think of each others' religion?
9. How does Herger take care of a man who wants to kill Buliwyf?
10. What do the dwarfs give the warriors and what do they say to Buliwyf's question about a successful attack?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)