|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the horses manage to do with the fence?
(a) Jump it.
(b) Fall against it.
(c) Get their heads over it.
(d) Knock it down.
2. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about the attack in the desert of dread?
(a) It was not a hero's enterprise.
(b) It was a brave thing to do.
(c) It will help the problem.
(d) He will infuriate the wendol.
3. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
(a) The wendols will now leave them alone.
(b) The Northmen will move to another location.
(c) The mists and the wendols will come again.
(d) Buliwyf has now fulfilled his obligation and will leave Rothgar Hall.
4. What does Buliwyf ask Ibn about the dwarfs?
(a) If he understands what the dwarf said.
(b) If he knows any other dwarfs.
(c) If he likes the sword the dwarfs gave Ibn.
(d) If he could find the dwarfs' caves again.
5. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
(a) Exchange swords.
(b) Trade war souvenirs.
(c) Grip each others' shoulders in friendship.
(d) Slap each other in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the valley they come to filled?
2. What does the stone statue of a pregnant woman mean to the wendols?
3. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
4. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
5. Why is Ibn extremely fearful when they are on the cliffs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
2. What do they see in the largest hut of the wendol camp?
3. What do Herger and Ibn think of each others' religion?
4. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
5. What does Buliwyf do as they are heading back to Rothgar's Hall and why? What does Ibn think about Herger's information?
6. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn and ask him to do?
7. What do the Northmen do around mid-morning the day after the second battle?
8. What does Herger tell Ibn about why the Vikings are not more excited after the first battle?
9. Where does Ibn awake after the battle and what does he see as he walks across the compound?
10. What do the riders see when they look down on an encampment?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)