|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of injury does Rethel have?
(a) A missing arm.
(b) A broken thigh.
(c) A stomach wound.
(d) A gash in his head.
2. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
(a) Water and stakes.
(b) Barbed wire.
(d) Poisonous snakes.
3. What do the wendols look like when not dressed for war?
(a) Pretty much like the Northmen.
(b) Tall and very skinny.
(c) Large and muscular.
(d) Short and hairy.
4. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
(a) In the leg.
(b) His arm is slashed.
(c) He is not wounded.
(d) In the shoulder.
5. Why does Herger tell Ibn a lot of information?
(a) Rothgar wants Ibn to know what he faces.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) Buliwyf has told him to do that.
(d) Ibn has proven his worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
2. How many of the wendol does Ibn slay?
3. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he is afraid?
4. How does Ibn feel about what Herger told him about Buliwyf's plan?
5. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dwarf soothsayer tell Buliwyf?
2. How does Herger take care of a man who wants to kill Buliwyf?
3. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
4. How does Ibn meet up and get to know a Northwoman?
5. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
6. What does Ibn see as the wendol approach at night and what does he think it is?
7. Where does Ibn awake after the battle and what does he see as he walks across the compound?
8. How does Ibn feel when he looks at the cliffs, what does he tell Herger and what does Herger tell him?
9. What do the dwarfs give the warriors and what do they say to Buliwyf's question about a successful attack?
10. What do the riders see when they look down on an encampment?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)