|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
(a) The manuscript ends abruptly.
(b) He switches to the third person.
(c) It does not change.
(d) He becomes more descriptive.
2. What does Ibn see when one of the warriors shouts?
(a) A large bear sniffing the berm.
(b) Firery points floating through the air.
(c) A massive bonfire.
(d) A group of horsemen arrayed in a line.
3. What happens the night of Buliwyf's visit to the dwarfs?
(a) The wendol come but not the mists.
(b) The mists do not come.
(c) The wendol and the mists come.
(d) The mists come but not the wendol.
4. What shocks Ibn about the Northmen's attitude after the first battle?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They are so excited they wanted to follow the wendol immediately.
(c) They are not more excited.
(d) They are weeping and crying.
5. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
(a) Because Herger has told Buliwyf that Ibn is a little slow.
(b) Buliwyf talks slowly to everyone.
(c) So Ibn can understand him.
(d) Because he is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the warriors follow?
2. What do the Northmen do with great happiness following the first battle?
3. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
4. When does Buliwyf have seven horses prepared?
5. Who does Ibn slay inside the hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
2. How does Wiglif end up dead?
3. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
4. What does Herger tell Ibn about the wendol's mother?
5. What does the dwarf soothsayer tell Buliwyf?
6. What do the dwarfs give the warriors and what do they say to Buliwyf's question about a successful attack?
7. What do Herger and Ibn think of each others' religion?
8. How does Ibn meet up and get to know a Northwoman?
9. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
10. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn and ask him to do?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)