|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the mist appear when the landscape changes?
(a) It is thick and as high as a man.
(b) There are no mists.
(c) It hangs low, near the ground.
(d) It is thin and sparse but covers from ground to sky.
2. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
(a) Bulify's shield.
(b) Ibn's sword.
(c) A large rock thrown by a woman.
(d) Herger's ax.
3. What do the warriors drink in great quantities at the feast the night of the visit to the dwarfs?
4. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
(a) His arm is slashed.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) He is not wounded.
(d) In the leg.
5. What does Ibn see as they enter the land of the wendol?
(a) Poles with the heads of beast on them.
(b) Piles of mating snakes.
(c) Stakes with human skulls on them.
(d) The ground is covered with bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
2. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
3. What does Buliwyf want Ibn to do?
4. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
5. What happens the night of Buliwyf's visit to the dwarfs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ibn meet up and get to know a Northwoman?
2. What do the dwarfs give the warriors and what do they say to Buliwyf's question about a successful attack?
3. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
4. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn and ask him to do?
5. What does Ibn see as the wendol approach at night and what does he think it is?
6. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
7. Where does Ibn awake after the battle and what does he see as he walks across the compound?
8. What does Buliwyf tell the men to do once they have scaled the cliffs and how is Ibn feeling?
9. What do Herger and Ibn think of each others' religion?
10. What does the dwarf soothsayer tell Buliwyf?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)