|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herger tell Ibn a lot of information?
(a) Buliwyf has told him to do that.
(b) Rothgar wants Ibn to know what he faces.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) Ibn has proven his worth.
2. What does Buliwyf want Ibn to do?
(a) Write the story of Buliwyf's heroism.
(b) Stay at Hurot when they go to the glowworm.
(c) Send people to teach the Northmen about Islam.
(d) Be ready to leave in the morning.
3. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) Water and stakes.
(c) Poisonous snakes.
4. What do the warriors drink in great quantities at the feast the night of the visit to the dwarfs?
5. How many shields does a man get when in a Viking duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
2. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about the attack in the desert of dread?
3. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
4. What does Herger continually ask Ibn about?
5. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the landscape like in the Desert of Dread?
2. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
3. What do they see in the largest hut of the wendol camp?
4. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
5. What do Herger and Ibn think of each others' religion?
6. What do the dwarfs give the warriors and what do they say to Buliwyf's question about a successful attack?
7. What does Herger tell Ibn about why the Vikings are not more excited after the first battle?
8. What do the warriors do when they reach a region of caves?
9. What does Ibn see as the wendol approach at night and what does he think it is?
10. How does Wiglif end up dead?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)