|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herger do after he talks to Ibn?
(a) Slaps Ibn in the face as is custom during a feast.
(b) Finds a woman.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Leaves to talk to Buliwyf.
2. Why is Ibn extremely fearful when they are on the cliffs?
(a) They are near the wendols.
(b) He does not want to scale them.
(c) He hates seagulls.
(d) He is afraid of heights.
3. What does the landscape look like when it changes?
(a) A forest with widely spaced trees.
(b) Plains with high grass.
(c) A sandy desert.
(d) A soggy, damp desert.
4. Where does the wendol's mother live?
(a) In a cave beneath the cliffs.
(b) High on a mountain.
(c) In another land across the ocean straits.
(d) In the desert of dread.
5. How does Ibn feel about what Herger told him about Buliwyf's plan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Northwomen look like?
2. How many weeks does Ibn spend with the Northmen before he is ready to leave?
3. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
4. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
5. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herger tell Ibn about the wendol's mother?
2. What do they see in the largest hut of the wendol camp?
3. How does Ibn feel when he looks at the cliffs, what does he tell Herger and what does Herger tell him?
4. What does Buliwyf do the night the wendol attack after they kill the mother and how does he look?
5. What do the riders see when they look down on an encampment?
6. How does Ibn meet up and get to know a Northwoman?
7. What does Buliwyf tell the men to do once they have scaled the cliffs and how is Ibn feeling?
8. How does Herger take care of a man who wants to kill Buliwyf?
9. What does Herger tell Ibn about why the Vikings are not more excited after the first battle?
10. What does Buliwyf do as they are heading back to Rothgar's Hall and why? What does Ibn think about Herger's information?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)