|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction is Ibn's party traveling?
2. Why does Ibn liken the Northmen to animals?
(a) They do not wash after a toilet.
(b) They fight over women.
(c) Their language sounds like growling.
(d) They eat their food raw.
3. What does Ibn notice the Northmen fear?
4. What kind of toast does Wiglif make to Buliwyf?
(a) One that has both praise and insult.
(b) He makes no toast.
(c) A very long, rambling toast.
(d) The traditional toast to a man about to die.
5. Who sent Ibn on his journey?
(a) The Prince of Siam.
(b) His mother.
(c) The King of Mesopotamia.
(d) The King of Baghdad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ibn's party stop after they leave the Oguz?
2. Upon what river do several men and horses perish?
3. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
4. How does the religious beliefs of the people from question #25 and Ibn's people compare?
5. What are the warriors told to leave outside the hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Buliwyf and his group find in a farmhouse and what does Buliwyf find there that he smashes?
2. What does a boat that arrives bear and what is the message given to Buliwyf?
3. How does Ibn end up telling a story in Rothgar's Hall?
4. What trouble are the Northmen experiencing when Ibn meets them?
5. How does Ibn describe the rivers where he travels?
6. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
7. What kind of man is Ibn, and how much has he traveled before this journey?
8. How does Chapter One begin and what does the writer say about himself?
9. What does Ibn do about leaving at the beginning of Chapter Five, and how does he feel about his journey with the Northmen?
10. What does Herger ask Ibn about writing, how does Ibn respond and what upsets one of the warriors about writing?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)