|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
(a) They have hot springs inside.
(b) They wash in the river regularly.
(c) They swim in the ocean everyday.
(d) There is 200 days of rain every year.
2. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
(a) It may seem strange to readers.
(b) It is very descriptive.
(c) It is very poetic.
(d) It reads like fiction.
3. What does the boat that arrive contain?
(a) A letter for Ibn.
(b) Buliwyf's wife.
(c) One of Buliwyf's male relatives.
(d) Food for travel.
4. What are the warriors told to leave outside the hall?
(a) Their boots.
(b) Their shields.
(d) Their weapons.
5. What does the interpreter say to Ibn's comment?
(a) He explains it has to do with their gods.
(b) He says that it always kills someone.
(c) He agrees that all men are afraid of something.
(d) He does not explain the Northmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ibn liken the Northmen to animals?
2. What does Ibn say when the interpreter explains the Northmen's fear?
3. What does Ibn ask when Herger points out the city in question #67 to him?
4. Who does not go with Ibn on his journey with the Northmen?
5. How has Ibn acquired most of his knowledge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibn note about the difference between the people at Trelburg and the Northmen and what does he find out there about the troubles at Rothgar's Hall?
2. What does Ibn think of Rothgar's Hall when he first sees it and what does Herger say about the hall?
3. How is the Northmen's fear explained to Ibn?
4. Who tells Ibn about the wendol and what does he say?
5. What does a boat that arrives bear and what is the message given to Buliwyf?
6. What does Ibn learn about Thorkel during the burial rites?
7. What do the Northmen merchants have to sell and where do they sell it?
8. Why did Ibn Fadlan go on a journey, who sent him, when did he go and what changed his original destination?
9. What do Buliwyf and his group find in a farmhouse and what does Buliwyf find there that he smashes?
10. How do the Northmen hold funeral rites for their leader?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)