|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards where are the defenses of Trelburg focused?
(a) Towards the land.
(b) Towards the river.
(c) Towards the mountains.
(d) Towards the ocean.
2. Why does Ibn's party stop after they leave the Oguz?
(a) One of their wagons has broken.
(b) A horse has gone lame.
(c) They are refused passage by a man.
(d) Ibn is sick.
3. What does Ibn say when he is writing about something he saw?
(a) I saw this with my own eyes.
(b) Anyone can see this is true.
(c) I do not expect to be believed.
(d) This is probably true.
4. What skill does Ibn say is most noticeable on the first leg of his journey with the Northmen?
(a) Their ability to woo women.
(b) Their fighting skills.
(c) Their skills playing chess.
(d) Their sailing skills.
5. How many sons does Rothgar still have living?
Short Answer Questions
1. How prevalent is adultery among the Oguz?
2. What does the interpreter say to Ibn's comment?
3. Who is Wulfgar's father?
4. What does Ibn say when the interpreter explains the Northmen's fear?
5. How has Ibn acquired most of his knowledge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the party stay for two days and what does Ibn find out about Northmen behavior before a sea voyage?
2. How do the Northmen hold funeral rites for their leader?
3. What does Ibn think of Rothgar's Hall when he first sees it and what does Herger say about the hall?
4. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
5. What does Ibn do about leaving at the beginning of Chapter Five, and how does he feel about his journey with the Northmen?
6. How long was Ibn gone, and how did he tell about his journey?
7. How does Ibn end up telling a story in Rothgar's Hall?
8. What trouble are the Northmen experiencing when Ibn meets them?
9. Describe Trelburg.
10. What is the letter that is mentioned in Chapter One?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)