|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
(a) They have hot springs inside.
(b) They wash in the river regularly.
(c) They swim in the ocean everyday.
(d) There is 200 days of rain every year.
2. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
3. Who does not go with Ibn on his journey with the Northmen?
(a) His religious teacher.
(b) His brother.
(c) His valet.
(d) His interpreter.
4. In what year was Ibn Fadlan sent on his journey?
(a) 879 A.D.
(b) 150 B.C.
(c) 700 A.D.
(d) 921 A.D.
5. What is the position of the man in question #15?
(a) Emperor of Rome.
(b) King of the Britons.
(c) War Leader of the Northmen.
(d) King of the Saqaliba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story about that Ibn told the hall?
2. What does Buliwyf think about waiting to be announced?
3. Who foretells the mists will come the night after the feast?
4. What does Ibn say when he is writing about something he saw?
5. Where is a dead Northman's body placed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
2. What does Herger ask Ibn about writing, how does Ibn respond and what upsets one of the warriors about writing?
3. What does Ibn note about the difference between the people at Trelburg and the Northmen and what does he find out there about the troubles at Rothgar's Hall?
4. What do Buliwyf and his group find in a farmhouse and what does Buliwyf find there that he smashes?
5. What kind of man is Ibn, and how much has he traveled before this journey?
6. Why was Ibn chosen as the thirteenth warrior?
7. Why did Ibn Fadlan go on a journey, who sent him, when did he go and what changed his original destination?
8. Why is there no adultery among the Turks?
9. What hits the land right after the burial and what does Ibn notice about the Northmen?
10. How does Ibn describe the rivers where he travels?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)