|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of toast does Wiglif make to Buliwyf?
(a) He makes no toast.
(b) A very long, rambling toast.
(c) One that has both praise and insult.
(d) The traditional toast to a man about to die.
2. Towards where are the defenses of Trelburg focused?
(a) Towards the land.
(b) Towards the mountains.
(c) Towards the river.
(d) Towards the ocean.
3. What color is the whale that Ibn sees swimming near the boat?
(b) White and black.
4. Why do the Northmen fear the item in question #55?
(a) It can destroy a house.
(b) They are sailors.
(c) It confuses them.
(d) It burns their fair skin.
5. Why is there problems with the Northmen's leader?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He does not like to fight.
(d) He is unable to have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boat that arrive contain?
2. What is the position of the man in question #15?
3. What happens the night before a funeral with the woman who will be killed to be placed with the dead man?
4. Who meets the warriors as they arrive at Rothgar's hall?
5. What does Ibn learn during the funeral of the Northmen leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of man is Ibn, and how much has he traveled before this journey?
2. How do the Northmen hold funeral rites for their leader?
3. How does Ibn describe the Northmen?
4. What is the letter that is mentioned in Chapter One?
5. Why did Ibn Fadlan go on a journey, who sent him, when did he go and what changed his original destination?
6. What does Ibn think of Rothgar's Hall when he first sees it and what does Herger say about the hall?
7. What does Crichton say about Ibn's observations of the Vikings?
8. How is the Northmen's fear explained to Ibn?
9. Where does the party stay for two days and what does Ibn find out about Northmen behavior before a sea voyage?
10. How does Ibn describe the rivers where he travels?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)