|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
(a) It reads like fiction.
(b) It is very poetic.
(c) It may seem strange to readers.
(d) It is very descriptive.
2. What kind of toast does Wiglif make to Buliwyf?
(a) One that has both praise and insult.
(b) The traditional toast to a man about to die.
(c) A very long, rambling toast.
(d) He makes no toast.
3. What is the position of the man in question #15?
(a) War Leader of the Northmen.
(b) King of the Britons.
(c) King of the Saqaliba.
(d) Emperor of Rome.
4. Why does Ibn's party stop after they leave the Oguz?
(a) One of their wagons has broken.
(b) They are refused passage by a man.
(c) A horse has gone lame.
(d) Ibn is sick.
5. How does Ibn list the rivers he has crossed?
(a) In alphabetic order.
(b) From the longest to the shortest.
(c) The order in which they are crossed.
(d) From the widest to the most narrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do Herger and Ibn share?
2. What amazes Ibn about the hall?
3. What happens the night before a funeral with the woman who will be killed to be placed with the dead man?
4. What do the warriors do when they reach Rothgar's hall before embarking from the ship?
5. Why do the Northmen fear the item in question #55?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibn and his party see as they walk towards Rothgar's Hall and how do the Viking warriors feel about it?
2. How long was Ibn gone, and how did he tell about his journey?
3. Why was Ibn chosen as the thirteenth warrior?
4. What kind of man is Ibn, and how much has he traveled before this journey?
5. What does Ibn do about leaving at the beginning of Chapter Five, and how does he feel about his journey with the Northmen?
6. What does Ibn note about the difference between the people at Trelburg and the Northmen and what does he find out there about the troubles at Rothgar's Hall?
7. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
8. How does Ibn describe the Northmen?
9. What hits the land right after the burial and what does Ibn notice about the Northmen?
10. Why is there no adultery among the Turks?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)