|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards where are the defenses of Trelburg focused?
(a) Towards the mountains.
(b) Towards the river.
(c) Towards the land.
(d) Towards the ocean.
2. What does Buliwyf find in his destroyed village?
(a) A stone image of the mother.
(b) His dead wife.
(c) His sword.
(d) His horse.
3. What does the herald report during the feast?
(a) Another party has arrived.
(b) Wulfgar is there.
(c) The mists will not come that night.
(d) They are almost out of ale.
4. What does Ibn do where they stop?
(a) Have a healer look after the horse.
(b) Hires a wheel wright to fix the wagon.
(c) Give the man many gifts.
(d) Rents a room until he is better.
5. How many sons does Rothgar still have living?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Ibn Fadlan sent on his journey?
2. From whom has a letter arrived where Ibn lives?
3. What is the position of the man in question #15?
4. Who sees to the comfort of Ibn's party?
5. With what does Chapter One begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibn and his party see as they walk towards Rothgar's Hall and how do the Viking warriors feel about it?
2. Why was Ibn chosen as the thirteenth warrior?
3. What is Ibn's writing style and why does he write like that?
4. How does Chapter One begin and what does the writer say about himself?
5. What does Ibn learn about Thorkel during the burial rites?
6. How does Ibn end up telling a story in Rothgar's Hall?
7. How is the Northmen's fear explained to Ibn?
8. What holds up Ibn's travels?
9. What does Herger ask Ibn about writing, how does Ibn respond and what upsets one of the warriors about writing?
10. How long was Ibn gone, and how did he tell about his journey?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)