|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards where are the defenses of Trelburg focused?
(a) Towards the river.
(b) Towards the mountains.
(c) Towards the ocean.
(d) Towards the land.
2. Who sees to the comfort of Ibn's party?
3. What kind of clothing do the Northmen wear?
(a) Clothing of fine wool.
(b) Clothing of silk and cotton.
(c) Very rough clothing.
(d) Beautiful embroidered jackets.
4. What does the herald report during the feast?
(a) The mists will not come that night.
(b) Another party has arrived.
(c) Wulfgar is there.
(d) They are almost out of ale.
5. What does Ibn observe about the Vikings social customs?
(a) They have few long time rituals.
(b) They have no cohesive society.
(c) They have a strong sense of ritual.
(d) They have a very loose social structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn notice the Northmen fear?
2. What does Ibn ask when Herger points out the city in question #67 to him?
3. What does the letter in Chapter One request?
4. How long was Ibn gone?
5. What are the warriors told to leave outside the hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibn say about the Oguz Turks?
2. What trouble are the Northmen experiencing when Ibn meets them?
3. What does Ibn and his party see as they walk towards Rothgar's Hall and how do the Viking warriors feel about it?
4. Where does the party stay for two days and what does Ibn find out about Northmen behavior before a sea voyage?
5. What do the Northmen merchants have to sell and where do they sell it?
6. What does Ibn learn about Thorkel during the burial rites?
7. What is Ibn's writing style and why does he write like that?
8. What does Ibn do about leaving at the beginning of Chapter Five, and how does he feel about his journey with the Northmen?
9. What kind of man is Ibn, and how much has he traveled before this journey?
10. How is the Northmen's fear explained to Ibn?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)