|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buliwyf find the concept of blessing food?
2. What do the merchants have primarily in their houses?
(a) Religious artifacts.
(b) Cloth and spices.
(d) Beautiful girls.
3. What is the differences between Ibn's observations of the Vikings and the general European view of them at that time?
(a) He said that were not the barbarians Europeans thought.
(b) The Vikings are much more pacifistic than thought.
(c) They are not as civilized as thought in Europe.
(d) The Vikings are more matriarchal than thought.
4. What surrounds Trelburg?
(a) Two rivers.
(c) A desert.
(d) The ocean on one side and a river on the other side.
5. What does Ibn ask when Herger points out the city in question #67 to him?
(a) To stop for a few days.
(b) To be put ashore.
(c) To not leave him there with the heathens.
(d) To attack the city for gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn do where they stop?
2. How is a man's possessions handled in the Northmen culture when he dies?
3. What does Buliwyf do with a small stone carving they find in the farmhouse?
4. What amazes Ibn about the hall?
5. What does the interpreter say to Ibn's comment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Northmen's fear explained to Ibn?
2. What does Ibn think of Rothgar's Hall when he first sees it and what does Herger say about the hall?
3. What does Ibn and his party see as they walk towards Rothgar's Hall and how do the Viking warriors feel about it?
4. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
5. What trouble are the Northmen experiencing when Ibn meets them?
6. What does Crichton say about Ibn's observations of the Vikings?
7. Where does the party stay for two days and what does Ibn find out about Northmen behavior before a sea voyage?
8. Why was Ibn chosen as the thirteenth warrior?
9. What does Ibn say about the Oguz Turks?
10. Who tells Ibn about the wendol and what does he say?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)