Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buliwyf find the concept of blessing food?
2. What does the boat that arrive contain?
(a) A letter for Ibn.
(b) Food for travel.
(c) Buliwyf's wife.
(d) One of Buliwyf's male relatives.
3. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
(a) It is very poetic.
(b) It may seem strange to readers.
(c) It is very descriptive.
(d) It reads like fiction.
4. Who choses Ibn to fulfill the letter's request?
(a) The President of the University.
(b) The Caliph.
(c) The Count of Syri.
(d) No one, Ibn volunteers.
5. Where is a dead Northman's body placed?
(a) Buried in the ground.
(b) Burned in the trees.
(c) On a ship.
(d) Put into a stone tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the whale that Ibn sees swimming near the boat?
2. What does Thorkel want to do with Ibn?
3. Who sees to the comfort of Ibn's party?
4. Upon what river do several men and horses perish?
5. What does the interpreter say to Ibn's comment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are wounded warriors treated for their wounds?
2. What does Ibn think of Rothgar's Hall when he first sees it and what does Herger say about the hall?
3. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
4. What does the first appendix discuss about the tale?
5. What do the Northmen do the night they visited the dwarfs, and why does Ibn decide to join with them?
6. Why does Buliwyf sit with Ibn and how does Buliwyf talk?
7. What trouble are the Northmen experiencing when Ibn meets them?
8. What kind of man is Ibn, and how much has he traveled before this journey?
9. How does Wiglif end up dead?
10. Why was Ibn chosen as the thirteenth warrior?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)