|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Ibn gone?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
2. What does Ibn say when he is writing about something he saw?
(a) This is probably true.
(b) Anyone can see this is true.
(c) I do not expect to be believed.
(d) I saw this with my own eyes.
3. Who foretells the mists will come the night after the feast?
(a) The Dwarf Seer.
(b) The King.
(c) The Angel of Death.
(d) The Herald.
4. What does Ibn tend to present in his writings?
(a) A lot of facts.
(b) Very little sense of place.
(c) A lot of personal comments.
(d) A lot of quotes.
5. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
(a) They wash in the river regularly.
(b) There is 200 days of rain every year.
(c) They have hot springs inside.
(d) They swim in the ocean everyday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons does Rothgar still have living?
2. How does Buliwyf find the concept of blessing food?
3. What does Ibn think about the way the Northmen think about the number thirteen?
4. What does Buliwyf find in his destroyed village?
5. What does Ibn see at the mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a boat that arrives bear and what is the message given to Buliwyf?
2. How long was Ibn gone, and how did he tell about his journey?
3. How does Ibn describe the rivers where he travels?
4. What does Ibn learn about Thorkel during the burial rites?
5. Why was Ibn chosen as the thirteenth warrior?
6. What is Ibn's writing style and why does he write like that?
7. What does Herger ask Ibn about writing, how does Ibn respond and what upsets one of the warriors about writing?
8. How do the Northmen hold funeral rites for their leader?
9. What does Ibn do about leaving at the beginning of Chapter Five, and how does he feel about his journey with the Northmen?
10. What do Buliwyf and his group find in a farmhouse and what does Buliwyf find there that he smashes?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)