|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the warriors see on the ground at the farmhouse where they stop?
(a) A stack of arranged firewood ready to burn.
(b) Two swords.
(c) A dead horse.
(d) Footprints with claw marks.
2. What are the funeral practices for a man of repute in the Oguz?
(a) He is burned on a pyre.
(b) He is hung in the trees.
(c) He is encased in a stone tomb.
(d) He is buried a large pit with all his possessions.
3. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
(a) They have hot springs inside.
(b) They swim in the ocean everyday.
(c) There is 200 days of rain every year.
(d) They wash in the river regularly.
4. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
(a) It is very poetic.
(b) It reads like fiction.
(c) It is very descriptive.
(d) It may seem strange to readers.
5. What do the merchants have primarily in their houses?
(a) Religious artifacts.
(b) Beautiful girls.
(d) Cloth and spices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the position of the man in question #15?
2. From whom has a letter arrived where Ibn lives?
3. What does Ecthgow say to Ibn about the why the whales attack boats?
4. How many gates does Trelburg have?
5. Where is Ibn sent on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ibn Fadlan go on a journey, who sent him, when did he go and what changed his original destination?
2. What hits the land right after the burial and what does Ibn notice about the Northmen?
3. What does Ibn learn about Thorkel during the burial rites?
4. What trouble are the Northmen experiencing when Ibn meets them?
5. How does Ibn meet up and get to know a Northwoman?
6. Why is there no adultery among the Turks?
7. What do they see in the largest hut of the wendol camp?
8. Where do the Northmen make landfall, how do they travel next and how does Ibn feel about the traveling? Why do they travel so many hours in a day?
9. What does Ibn see as the wendol approach at night and what does he think it is?
10. How does Ibn describe the rivers where he travels?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)