|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interpreter say to Ibn's comment?
(a) He says that it always kills someone.
(b) He agrees that all men are afraid of something.
(c) He does not explain the Northmen.
(d) He explains it has to do with their gods.
2. What skill does Ibn say is most noticeable on the first leg of his journey with the Northmen?
(a) Their sailing skills.
(b) Their skills playing chess.
(c) Their ability to woo women.
(d) Their fighting skills.
3. Who sent Ibn on his journey?
(a) The Prince of Siam.
(b) His mother.
(c) The King of Mesopotamia.
(d) The King of Baghdad.
4. Why do the Northmen fear the item in question #55?
(a) It can destroy a house.
(b) It confuses them.
(c) It burns their fair skin.
(d) They are sailors.
5. What is the position of the man in question #15?
(a) King of the Saqaliba.
(b) Emperor of Rome.
(c) War Leader of the Northmen.
(d) King of the Britons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn observe about the Vikings social customs?
2. Why are Ibn and his party taken captive?
3. What does Ibn learn during the funeral of the Northmen leader?
4. How is a man's possessions handled in the Northmen culture when he dies?
5. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ibn chosen as the thirteenth warrior?
2. Where do the Northmen make landfall, how do they travel next and how does Ibn feel about the traveling? Why do they travel so many hours in a day?
3. What is the letter that is mentioned in Chapter One?
4. How does Ibn describe the Northmen?
5. What does Crichton say about Ibn's observations of the Vikings?
6. What does a boat that arrives bear and what is the message given to Buliwyf?
7. How does Ibn describe the rivers where he travels?
8. Why is there no adultery among the Turks?
9. What kind of man is Ibn, and how much has he traveled before this journey?
10. What do Buliwyf and his group find in a farmhouse and what does Buliwyf find there that he smashes?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)