|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is a dead Northman's body placed?
(a) Burned in the trees.
(b) Put into a stone tomb.
(c) Buried in the ground.
(d) On a ship.
2. What is the story about that Ibn told the hall?
(a) A hunt for the wild boar.
(b) A story about Eygpt.
(c) A man who does not change his slippers.
(d) The history of Islam.
3. What color is the whale that Ibn sees swimming near the boat?
(b) White and black.
4. Who is Wulfgar's father?
5. How does Ibn list the rivers he has crossed?
(a) From the longest to the shortest.
(b) From the widest to the most narrow.
(c) The order in which they are crossed.
(d) In alphabetic order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn do where they stop?
2. In what does Ibn record his journey?
3. Who sent Ibn on his journey?
4. Why is there problems with the Northmen's leader?
5. Who meets the warriors as they arrive at Rothgar's hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Buliwyf and his group find in a farmhouse and what does Buliwyf find there that he smashes?
2. How long was Ibn gone, and how did he tell about his journey?
3. What does Herger ask Ibn about writing, how does Ibn respond and what upsets one of the warriors about writing?
4. What hits the land right after the burial and what does Ibn notice about the Northmen?
5. What does Ibn learn about Thorkel during the burial rites?
6. What does Crichton say about Ibn's observations of the Vikings?
7. Where does the party stay for two days and what does Ibn find out about Northmen behavior before a sea voyage?
8. How is the Northmen's fear explained to Ibn?
9. What does Ibn say about the Oguz Turks?
10. Why was Ibn chosen as the thirteenth warrior?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)