|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tales does Ibn avoid?
(a) Heresy tales.
(b) Untrue tales.
(c) Tales against Islam.
(d) Bardic tales.
2. Who does not go with Ibn on his journey with the Northmen?
(a) His brother.
(b) His interpreter.
(c) His religious teacher.
(d) His valet.
3. What does the letter in Chapter One request?
(a) Someone be sent to the person in question #15.
(b) That troops on the border be withdrawn.
(c) That aid in the form of food be sent.
(d) That someone be sent to help fight the monsters in the mists.
4. What does the interpreter tell Ibn to do about the situation of which Ibn is informed at the funeral?
(a) He tells Ibn to present his credentials to Buliwyf.
(b) He tells Ibn to kill Thorkel.
(c) He tells Ibn to wait and see how things turn out.
(d) He tells Ibn to leave right after the funeral.
5. How long are the Northmen on the river for the first leg of Ibn's journey?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herger say is customary behavior for Vikings before a sea voyage?
2. What surrounds Trelburg?
3. What is the usual distance between each river crossing?
4. What does Ibn become by the end of Chapter Four?
5. What kind of toast does Wiglif make to Buliwyf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
2. What does Ibn and his party see as they walk towards Rothgar's Hall and how do the Viking warriors feel about it?
3. What hits the land right after the burial and what does Ibn notice about the Northmen?
4. How does Ibn describe the Northmen?
5. What does Crichton say about Ibn's observations of the Vikings?
6. What does a boat that arrives bear and what is the message given to Buliwyf?
7. Describe Trelburg.
8. What does Ibn say about the Oguz Turks?
9. How does Ibn describe the rivers where he travels?
10. Where does the party stay for two days and what does Ibn find out about Northmen behavior before a sea voyage?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)