|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first information given about Ibn?
(a) His beliefs.
(b) His full name and station.
(c) His age.
(d) His birthdate.
2. What does Thorkel want to do with Ibn?
(a) Have him initiated into the tribe.
(b) Make him leave immediately.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Take him to his village.
3. What is Trelburg?
(a) A huge city.
(b) A large town.
(c) A military camp.
(d) A small village.
4. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
(a) It reads like fiction.
(b) It is very descriptive.
(c) It is very poetic.
(d) It may seem strange to readers.
5. Who is Wulfgar's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn ask when Herger points out the city in question #67 to him?
2. What does Buliwyf do with a small stone carving they find in the farmhouse?
3. What color is the whale that Ibn sees swimming near the boat?
4. What kind of toast does Wiglif make to Buliwyf?
5. What kind of clothing do the Northmen wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ibn describe the rivers where he travels?
2. Why is there no adultery among the Turks?
3. Describe Trelburg.
4. What does Herger ask Ibn about writing, how does Ibn respond and what upsets one of the warriors about writing?
5. What is the letter that is mentioned in Chapter One?
6. How is the Northmen's fear explained to Ibn?
7. How does Ibn end up telling a story in Rothgar's Hall?
8. What does Ibn say about the Oguz Turks?
9. What holds up Ibn's travels?
10. Where does the party stay for two days and what does Ibn find out about Northmen behavior before a sea voyage?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)