|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the position of the man in question #15?
(a) War Leader of the Northmen.
(b) King of the Britons.
(c) King of the Saqaliba.
(d) Emperor of Rome.
2. What language do Herger and Ibn share?
3. What does Ibn notice the Northmen fear?
4. What town does Herger point out to Ibn when they are on the ship?
5. What does Thorkel want to do with Ibn?
(a) Take him to his village.
(b) Make him leave immediately.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Have him initiated into the tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tales does Ibn avoid?
2. What surrounds Trelburg?
3. Who travels first on the boat when crossing the river?
4. Why is there problems with the Northmen's leader?
5. What kind of clothing do the Northmen wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Northmen's fear explained to Ibn?
2. How long was Ibn gone, and how did he tell about his journey?
3. Why did Ibn Fadlan go on a journey, who sent him, when did he go and what changed his original destination?
4. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
5. Why is there no adultery among the Turks?
6. What does Ibn learn about Thorkel during the burial rites?
7. Who tells Ibn about the wendol and what does he say?
8. What does Herger ask Ibn about writing, how does Ibn respond and what upsets one of the warriors about writing?
9. Describe Trelburg.
10. What do the Northmen merchants have to sell and where do they sell it?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)