|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes Ibn about the hall?
(a) Its low ceilings.
(b) The number of women in the hall.
(c) The paintings on the wall.
(d) Its elegance.
2. Who meets the warriors as they arrive at Rothgar's hall?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A herald.
(c) A scout.
(d) A spy.
3. Why does Ibn liken the Northmen to animals?
(a) They do not wash after a toilet.
(b) Their language sounds like growling.
(c) They eat their food raw.
(d) They fight over women.
4. What does Ibn learn during the funeral of the Northmen leader?
(a) Thorkel desires the throne.
(b) Wyglif wants to stay king.
(c) Buliwyf wants Ibn to marry his sister.
(d) Thorkel wants to marry Buliwyf's daughter.
5. What does the boat that arrive contain?
(a) One of Buliwyf's male relatives.
(b) Food for travel.
(c) A letter for Ibn.
(d) Buliwyf's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the religious beliefs of the people from question #25 and Ibn's people compare?
2. What is the first information given about Ibn?
3. In what direction is Ibn's party traveling?
4. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
5. Upon what river do several men and horses perish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibn do about leaving at the beginning of Chapter Five, and how does he feel about his journey with the Northmen?
2. Where do the Northmen make landfall, how do they travel next and how does Ibn feel about the traveling? Why do they travel so many hours in a day?
3. What does Ibn and his party see as they walk towards Rothgar's Hall and how do the Viking warriors feel about it?
4. What holds up Ibn's travels?
5. How does Chapter One begin and what does the writer say about himself?
6. What is Ibn's writing style and why does he write like that?
7. How does Ibn describe the rivers where he travels?
8. What does Ibn think of Rothgar's Hall when he first sees it and what does Herger say about the hall?
9. How does Ibn end up telling a story in Rothgar's Hall?
10. Why did Ibn Fadlan go on a journey, who sent him, when did he go and what changed his original destination?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)