|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds Trelburg?
(b) Two rivers.
(c) The ocean on one side and a river on the other side.
(d) A desert.
2. In what direction is Ibn's party traveling?
3. What is Buliwyf ask to do?
(a) Accompany Ibn to Rome.
(b) Battle a fierce monster.
(c) Build a new ship for the king.
(d) Give the crown to Thorkel.
4. What color is the whale that Ibn sees swimming near the boat?
(c) White and black.
5. Who meets the warriors as they arrive at Rothgar's hall?
(a) A spy.
(b) A scout.
(c) A herald.
(d) A beautiful woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the differences between Ibn's observations of the Vikings and the general European view of them at that time?
2. What does Ibn tend to present in his writings?
3. For what purpose does Ibn write?
4. How does Buliwyf find the concept of blessing food?
5. What does Ibn do where they stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Northmen hold funeral rites for their leader?
2. What does a boat that arrives bear and what is the message given to Buliwyf?
3. How does Chapter One begin and what does the writer say about himself?
4. What does Ibn do about leaving at the beginning of Chapter Five, and how does he feel about his journey with the Northmen?
5. What do the Northmen merchants have to sell and where do they sell it?
6. What does Herger ask Ibn about writing, how does Ibn respond and what upsets one of the warriors about writing?
7. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
8. How does Ibn end up telling a story in Rothgar's Hall?
9. How does Ibn describe the Northmen?
10. Where do the Northmen make landfall, how do they travel next and how does Ibn feel about the traveling? Why do they travel so many hours in a day?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)