|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Northmen fear the item in question #55?
(a) It can destroy a house.
(b) It burns their fair skin.
(c) It confuses them.
(d) They are sailors.
2. How many gates does Trelburg have?
3. What does the boat that arrive contain?
(a) One of Buliwyf's male relatives.
(b) A letter for Ibn.
(c) Buliwyf's wife.
(d) Food for travel.
4. What town does Herger point out to Ibn when they are on the ship?
5. How has Ibn acquired most of his knowledge?
(a) From listening to bardic tales.
(b) From his mother.
(c) Out of books.
(d) By traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of a Northman's burial ritual?
2. What does the interpreter tell Ibn to do about the situation of which Ibn is informed at the funeral?
3. Who travels first on the boat when crossing the river?
4. What does Buliwyf find in his destroyed village?
5. What does the interpreter say to Ibn's comment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ibn's writing style and why does he write like that?
2. How is Ibn finally able to leave Rothgar's Hall?
3. Why is there no adultery among the Turks?
4. What does Ibn note about the difference between the people at Trelburg and the Northmen and what does he find out there about the troubles at Rothgar's Hall?
5. How long was Ibn gone, and how did he tell about his journey?
6. How does Ibn describe the Northmen?
7. What do Buliwyf and his group find in a farmhouse and what does Buliwyf find there that he smashes?
8. What is the river Gayih like and what happens when Ibn crosses it?
9. What do the warriors do when they reach a region of caves?
10. What is one of the new defenses around Hurot and what do the women do with water and why do they do it?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)