|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the horses manage to do with the fence?
(a) Fall against it.
(b) Jump it.
(c) Get their heads over it.
(d) Knock it down.
2. What does Herger do after he talks to Ibn?
(a) Slaps Ibn in the face as is custom during a feast.
(b) Leaves to talk to Buliwyf.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Finds a woman.
3. Who does Ibn slay inside the hall?
(a) No one.
(c) A wendol who had hidden inside.
(d) The herald.
4. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
(a) Huge carved statues.
(b) Steaming, sizzling cauldrons.
(c) Walls covered in crystals.
(d) Beautiful rock formations.
5. Why does Ibn join the revelry?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He has given up his religion.
(c) He is far from his home.
(d) He feels he could be born a Northman.
6. What do the Northwomen look like?
(a) Short, thin and muscular.
(b) Tall with usually black hair and green eyes.
(c) Tall and pale with blue eyes.
(d) Short and stocky.
7. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
(a) The bear head that was left.
(b) A cauldron of holy water.
(c) The stone pregnant woman.
(d) Four hounds.
8. What happens the night of Buliwyf's visit to the dwarfs?
(a) The mists do not come.
(b) The mists come but not the wendol.
(c) The wendol come but not the mists.
(d) The wendol and the mists come.
9. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
(a) About the wendol's mother.
(b) About the wendol's origin.
(c) About the original fight between the wendol and Northmen.
(d) About his home and famiily.
10. What does Buliwyf do when they offer him onion soup back at the hall?
(a) Drinks it.
(b) Knocks it out of the woman's hand.
(c) Refuses it.
(d) Says he will eat it when it cools.
11. What does Buliwyf ask Ibn about the dwarfs?
(a) If he knows any other dwarfs.
(b) If he likes the sword the dwarfs gave Ibn.
(c) If he understands what the dwarf said.
(d) If he could find the dwarfs' caves again.
12. How many shields does a man get when in a Viking duel?
13. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) He is not wounded.
(d) His arm is slashed.
14. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
(a) Hands him a glass of wine.
(b) Tells him to go to bed.
(c) Sits down beside him.
(d) Slaps him in the face.
15. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he does not want to go to the wendol's mother?
(a) It is a great honor to go.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) Herger will climb with him.
(d) They will kill him if he does not go.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the valley they come to filled?
2. What is the form of the Korgon?
3. What kind of injury does Rethel have?
4. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
5. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)