|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
(a) Comes out to await the fight.
(b) Stands with the men without his sword.
(c) Yells out orders from his bed.
(d) Nothing, he is too wounded to get up.
2. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
(b) Water and stakes.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) Poisonous snakes.
3. Who does Ibn slay inside the hall?
(b) The herald.
(c) A wendol who had hidden inside.
(d) No one.
4. What does the landscape look like when it changes?
(a) A forest with widely spaced trees.
(b) Plains with high grass.
(c) A soggy, damp desert.
(d) A sandy desert.
5. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
(a) His arm is slashed.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the shoulder.
(d) He is not wounded.
6. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
(a) Beautiful rock formations.
(b) Huge carved statues.
(c) Walls covered in crystals.
(d) Steaming, sizzling cauldrons.
7. What do the warriors follow?
(a) Discarded bones from food.
(b) A trail of blood.
(d) Mostly the scent of the wendols.
8. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about the attack in the desert of dread?
(a) It was a brave thing to do.
(b) It was not a hero's enterprise.
(c) He will infuriate the wendol.
(d) It will help the problem.
9. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
(a) The Northmen will move to another location.
(b) The wendols will now leave them alone.
(c) Buliwyf has now fulfilled his obligation and will leave Rothgar Hall.
(d) The mists and the wendols will come again.
10. What does Herger warn Ibn about approaching?
(a) King Rothgar.
(b) Their temple dedicated to Odin.
(c) A lone wedol.
(d) Exceptionally beautiful women.
11. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
(a) He has a fever.
(b) He has a fifty-fifty chance of survival.
(c) He will survive.
(d) He will dies within twenty-four hours.
12. What does Buliwyf do when they offer him onion soup back at the hall?
(a) Refuses it.
(b) Drinks it.
(c) Says he will eat it when it cools.
(d) Knocks it out of the woman's hand.
13. What happens the night of Buliwyf's visit to the dwarfs?
(a) The mists come but not the wendol.
(b) The wendol come but not the mists.
(c) The mists do not come.
(d) The wendol and the mists come.
14. What do the dwarfs make that the Northmen prize?
(a) Stone catapults.
(b) Jewelry with gems.
(d) Body armor.
15. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he is afraid?
(a) Yesterday is gone.
(b) Life is long enough.
(c) Stop thinking about the future.
(d) Today is a good day to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn ask Herger as they near Hurot?
2. How does Ibn feel about his first battle with the wendol?
3. What is the form of the Korgon?
4. What does Buliwyf want Ibn to do?
5. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)