|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
(a) Dwarfs are afraid of horses.
(b) He is checking the ground for footprints.
(c) It is too rocky for horses to be ridden.
(d) The horses need to rest.
2. How does Ibn feel about what Herger told him about Buliwyf's plan?
3. What does Herger warn Ibn about approaching?
(a) Their temple dedicated to Odin.
(b) King Rothgar.
(c) Exceptionally beautiful women.
(d) A lone wedol.
4. What is the form of the Korgon?
(a) An avatar of Odin.
(b) A wolf pack motivated by hunger.
(c) A battle formation of the wendol.
(d) A large bear.
5. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he does not want to go to the wendol's mother?
(a) Herger will climb with him.
(b) They will kill him if he does not go.
(c) It is a great honor to go.
(d) He is a coward.
6. Who does Ibn slay inside the hall?
(b) The herald.
(c) No one.
(d) A wendol who had hidden inside.
7. What does the landscape look like when it changes?
(a) A soggy, damp desert.
(b) Plains with high grass.
(c) A sandy desert.
(d) A forest with widely spaced trees.
8. What does an old man tell Ibn about Wiglif?
(a) He plans to kill Rothgar.
(b) He plans to harm Buliwyf.
(c) He plans to leave before the big battle.
(d) He is angry that Ibn was with a Northwoman.
9. What does Buliwyf do as the warriors near Hurot?
(a) Gets off his horse and walks.
(b) Stops for lunch.
(c) Head in a different direction.
(d) Stop the men.
10. Why do the men not take a break between battles?
(a) So the wounded who are going to die can fight their last battle.
(b) They are still hyped up.
(c) It is the way it always is.
(d) They will lose any battle they do not pursue immediately, they think.
11. What do the dwarfs make that the Northmen prize?
(b) Stone catapults.
(c) Body armor.
(d) Jewelry with gems.
12. What litters the ground of Rothgar's compound?
(a) Dozens of torches.
(b) Bodies of dead women, children and men.
(c) Bodies of the wendol.
(d) Burned wood.
13. What happens the night of Buliwyf's visit to the dwarfs?
(a) The mists do not come.
(b) The wendol and the mists come.
(c) The wendol come but not the mists.
(d) The mists come but not the wendol.
14. When does Buliwyf have seven horses prepared?
(a) The night after the second attack.
(b) In the late afternoon after the second attack.
(c) Mid-morning after the second attack.
(d) As soon as Ibn's wounds are tended.
15. What do the dwarfs give the warriors?
(a) A great deal of food.
(b) Daggers and rope.
(c) New swords.
(d) New body armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the mist appear when the landscape changes?
2. Why do the women cover Hurot with water?
3. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
4. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
5. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)