|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibn ask Herger as they near Hurot?
(a) If the wendol will return.
(b) If Buliwyf knows what he is doing.
(c) If the wendol are gone.
(d) What they are going to do next.
2. What does Ibn find distasteful about the Northwomen with whom he spends time the night after the first battle, besides her physical appearance?
(a) Her speech.
(b) Her crude jokes.
(c) Her chaste behavior.
(d) Her odor.
3. What do the warriors follow?
(a) A trail of blood.
(b) Mostly the scent of the wendols.
(c) Discarded bones from food.
4. What does Buliwyf want Ibn to do?
(a) Be ready to leave in the morning.
(b) Stay at Hurot when they go to the glowworm.
(c) Write the story of Buliwyf's heroism.
(d) Send people to teach the Northmen about Islam.
5. Who wakes Ibn after the battle?
(c) A Northwoman.
(d) A dog.
6. With what is the valley they come to filled?
(a) Crude huts.
(b) Dead animal carcasses.
(c) Wendol children.
(d) A huge lake.
7. What kind of power does Herger say the dwarfs have?
(a) A powerful army.
(b) He does not mention power as far as the dwarfs are concerned.
(c) Mechanical power.
(d) Magical power.
8. How is Buliwyf dressed?
(a) In greens and browns to represent the earth.
(b) All in black.
(c) All in white.
(d) With the armor from the dwarfs.
9. What does Ibn see when one of the warriors shouts?
(a) Firery points floating through the air.
(b) A group of horsemen arrayed in a line.
(c) A large bear sniffing the berm.
(d) A massive bonfire.
10. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
(a) The wendols will now leave them alone.
(b) Buliwyf has now fulfilled his obligation and will leave Rothgar Hall.
(c) The mists and the wendols will come again.
(d) The Northmen will move to another location.
11. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
(a) He has a fever.
(b) He has a fifty-fifty chance of survival.
(c) He will survive.
(d) He will dies within twenty-four hours.
12. How does Ibn feel about his first battle with the wendol?
(a) He is scared to death.
(b) He is high on the excitement.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is depressed.
13. What do some of the horses manage to do with the fence?
(a) Knock it down.
(b) Get their heads over it.
(c) Jump it.
(d) Fall against it.
14. Why does Ibn join the revelry?
(a) He feels he could be born a Northman.
(b) He is far from his home.
(c) He has given up his religion.
(d) He is lonely.
15. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
(a) About the wendol's origin.
(b) About the wendol's mother.
(c) About the original fight between the wendol and Northmen.
(d) About his home and famiily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks does Ibn spend with the Northmen before he is ready to leave?
2. With what are the arms of the throne-like chair found covered?
3. What does Buliwyf do as the warriors near Hurot?
4. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
5. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he does not want to go to the wendol's mother?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)