|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ibn leave the Northmen?
(a) On foot by himself.
(b) With a group seeking Wulfgar.
(c) On Herger's horse.
(d) On a merchant ship.
2. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
(a) Buliwyf has now fulfilled his obligation and will leave Rothgar Hall.
(b) The Northmen will move to another location.
(c) The mists and the wendols will come again.
(d) The wendols will now leave them alone.
3. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
(a) Huge carved statues.
(b) Beautiful rock formations.
(c) Steaming, sizzling cauldrons.
(d) Walls covered in crystals.
4. How many shields does a man get when in a Viking duel?
5. Why is Ibn extremely fearful when they are on the cliffs?
(a) They are near the wendols.
(b) He does not want to scale them.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) He hates seagulls.
6. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
(a) About the original fight between the wendol and Northmen.
(b) About the wendol's mother.
(c) About his home and famiily.
(d) About the wendol's origin.
7. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
(a) He has enough information to understand their fight.
(b) He will stay another year and learn more about them.
(c) He has learned a lot about them.
(d) He knows practically nothing about them.
8. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
9. Who does Ibn slay inside the hall?
(a) A wendol who had hidden inside.
(b) No one.
(d) The herald.
10. What do the Northmen do with great happiness following the first battle?
(a) Hail their king.
(b) Bury their dead.
(c) Congratulate Buliwyf.
(d) Plan their next strategy.
11. What does Buliwyf do as the warriors near Hurot?
(a) Head in a different direction.
(b) Stop the men.
(c) Stops for lunch.
(d) Gets off his horse and walks.
12. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
(a) Buliwyf will become the king of the Vikings.
(b) The wendol will bring about his death.
(c) He doesn't tell him anything about Buliwyf.
(d) Buliwyf will have a son.
13. How do the Northmen view warriors who die in bed or as old men?
(a) As the leaders in the community.
(b) As cowards.
(c) As very wise.
(d) As the best there is.
14. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
(a) He wants to find out their strategy.
(b) He doesn't want to ride with a coward.
(c) He wants to be one of the first to encounter any fighting.
(d) He wants to tell him the quote Ibn said to him.
15. What does Herger warn Ibn about approaching?
(a) A lone wedol.
(b) Their temple dedicated to Odin.
(c) King Rothgar.
(d) Exceptionally beautiful women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ibn feel about his first battle with the wendol?
2. What does Ibn see as they enter the land of the wendol?
3. What does the landscape look like when it changes?
4. What does Herger tell Berger about when the wendol sleep?
5. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)