|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Ibn about the Northmen's attitude after the first battle?
(a) They are so excited they wanted to follow the wendol immediately.
(b) They are not more excited.
(c) They are weeping and crying.
(d) They are indifferent.
2. Why doesn't Ibn leave Hurot?
(a) Rothgar will not let him.
(b) He has fallen in love.
(c) He has no horse to ride.
(d) Herger has asked him to stay.
3. What do the wendols look like when not dressed for war?
(a) Pretty much like the Northmen.
(b) Tall and very skinny.
(c) Short and hairy.
(d) Large and muscular.
4. What do the Northwomen look like?
(a) Tall and pale with blue eyes.
(b) Tall with usually black hair and green eyes.
(c) Short, thin and muscular.
(d) Short and stocky.
5. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
(a) Grip each others' shoulders in friendship.
(b) Trade war souvenirs.
(c) Slap each other in the face.
(d) Exchange swords.
6. Who does Ibn slay inside the hall?
(a) No one.
(b) The herald.
(c) A wendol who had hidden inside.
7. For what does Buliwyf ask the dwarfs?
(a) A long sword.
(b) New body armor.
(c) The king of the dwarfs.
(d) A soothsayer.
8. How does the mist appear when the landscape changes?
(a) It is thin and sparse but covers from ground to sky.
(b) It is thick and as high as a man.
(c) There are no mists.
(d) It hangs low, near the ground.
9. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
(a) Buliwyf has now fulfilled his obligation and will leave Rothgar Hall.
(b) The wendols will now leave them alone.
(c) The mists and the wendols will come again.
(d) The Northmen will move to another location.
10. How do the Northmen view warriors who die in bed or as old men?
(a) As the best there is.
(b) As the leaders in the community.
(c) As cowards.
(d) As very wise.
11. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Rothgar's Hall.
(c) The lake.
(d) To the ocean.
12. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
(a) It is too rocky for horses to be ridden.
(b) The horses need to rest.
(c) Dwarfs are afraid of horses.
(d) He is checking the ground for footprints.
13. What does Ibn see when one of the warriors shouts?
(a) A group of horsemen arrayed in a line.
(b) A massive bonfire.
(c) A large bear sniffing the berm.
(d) Firery points floating through the air.
14. What are the caves where the warriors are going called?
(a) Wendol caverns.
(b) Thunder caves.
(c) Home of the cliff dwellers.
(d) Land Below.
15. What does Herger do after he talks to Ibn?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Finds a woman.
(c) Slaps Ibn in the face as is custom during a feast.
(d) Leaves to talk to Buliwyf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ibn leave the Northmen?
2. How many shields does a man get when in a Viking duel?
3. What does the stone statue of a pregnant woman mean to the wendols?
4. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
5. What does the landscape look like when it changes?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)