|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Sits down beside him.
(c) Hands him a glass of wine.
(d) Tells him to go to bed.
2. Why is Ibn extremely fearful when they are on the cliffs?
(a) He does not want to scale them.
(b) He hates seagulls.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) They are near the wendols.
3. For what does Buliwyf ask the dwarfs?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) New body armor.
(c) The king of the dwarfs.
(d) A long sword.
4. What do the wendols look like when not dressed for war?
(a) Tall and very skinny.
(b) Short and hairy.
(c) Pretty much like the Northmen.
(d) Large and muscular.
5. What does Herger do when Ibn falls asleep while waiting for the wendols?
(a) Pours a bucket of water over him.
(b) Covers him with dirt.
(c) Shoots an arrow at his head.
(d) Kicks him in the shins.
6. How does the mist appear when the landscape changes?
(a) It is thin and sparse but covers from ground to sky.
(b) There are no mists.
(c) It is thick and as high as a man.
(d) It hangs low, near the ground.
7. What do the warriors follow?
(a) A trail of blood.
(b) Mostly the scent of the wendols.
(c) Discarded bones from food.
8. How many weeks does Ibn spend with the Northmen before he is ready to leave?
9. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
(a) He will dies within twenty-four hours.
(b) He has a fever.
(c) He has a fifty-fifty chance of survival.
(d) He will survive.
10. What does Buliwyf want Ibn to do?
(a) Be ready to leave in the morning.
(b) Write the story of Buliwyf's heroism.
(c) Stay at Hurot when they go to the glowworm.
(d) Send people to teach the Northmen about Islam.
11. What are the caves where the warriors are going called?
(a) Wendol caverns.
(b) Home of the cliff dwellers.
(c) Land Below.
(d) Thunder caves.
12. What kind of injury does Rethel have?
(a) A stomach wound.
(b) A broken thigh.
(c) A missing arm.
(d) A gash in his head.
13. What does the stone statue of a pregnant woman mean to the wendols?
(a) It is an image of the earth.
(b) It is the image of their goddess.
(c) It is an image of the dragon's mother.
(d) It is an image of their Angel of Death.
14. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
(a) He becomes more descriptive.
(b) He switches to the third person.
(c) The manuscript ends abruptly.
(d) It does not change.
15. What do the warriors drink in great quantities at the feast the night of the visit to the dwarfs?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Northwomen differ from Ibn's culture in their mannerisms?
2. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
3. What litters the ground of Rothgar's compound?
4. What does Ibn see when one of the warriors shouts?
5. What is the form of the Korgon?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)