|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the valley they come to filled?
(a) Crude huts.
(b) Wendol children.
(c) Dead animal carcasses.
(d) A huge lake.
2. What do the warriors follow?
(b) Discarded bones from food.
(c) A trail of blood.
(d) Mostly the scent of the wendols.
3. What do the dwarfs make that the Northmen prize?
(a) Stone catapults.
(c) Jewelry with gems.
(d) Body armor.
4. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
(a) Nothing, he is too wounded to get up.
(b) Yells out orders from his bed.
(c) Stands with the men without his sword.
(d) Comes out to await the fight.
5. How do the Northwomen differ from Ibn's culture in their mannerisms?
(a) They are bolder.
(b) They are more demur.
(c) They are brawdy but chaste.
(d) They are warriors also.
6. What do some of the horses manage to do with the fence?
(a) Jump it.
(b) Knock it down.
(c) Get their heads over it.
(d) Fall against it.
7. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
(a) Sits down beside him.
(b) Hands him a glass of wine.
(c) Tells him to go to bed.
(d) Slaps him in the face.
8. Why doesn't Ibn leave Hurot?
(a) Herger has asked him to stay.
(b) He has fallen in love.
(c) Rothgar will not let him.
(d) He has no horse to ride.
9. How many weeks does Ibn spend with the Northmen before he is ready to leave?
10. What do the Northmen do with great happiness following the first battle?
(a) Hail their king.
(b) Bury their dead.
(c) Plan their next strategy.
(d) Congratulate Buliwyf.
11. What does the landscape look like when it changes?
(a) A soggy, damp desert.
(b) A forest with widely spaced trees.
(c) Plains with high grass.
(d) A sandy desert.
12. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about the attack in the desert of dread?
(a) He will infuriate the wendol.
(b) It will help the problem.
(c) It was not a hero's enterprise.
(d) It was a brave thing to do.
13. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he does not want to go to the wendol's mother?
(a) Herger will climb with him.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) They will kill him if he does not go.
(d) It is a great honor to go.
14. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
(a) Grip each others' shoulders in friendship.
(b) Slap each other in the face.
(c) Exchange swords.
(d) Trade war souvenirs.
15. Why does Herger tell Ibn a lot of information?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) Ibn has proven his worth.
(c) Rothgar wants Ibn to know what he faces.
(d) Buliwyf has told him to do that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of power does Herger say the dwarfs have?
2. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
3. What does Herger tell Berger about when the wendol sleep?
4. What do the Northwomen look like?
5. How does Ibn feel about his first battle with the wendol?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)