|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
(a) It is too rocky for horses to be ridden.
(b) The horses need to rest.
(c) Dwarfs are afraid of horses.
(d) He is checking the ground for footprints.
2. With what is the valley they come to filled?
(a) Crude huts.
(b) A huge lake.
(c) Wendol children.
(d) Dead animal carcasses.
3. What do the Northmen do with great happiness following the first battle?
(a) Bury their dead.
(b) Plan their next strategy.
(c) Congratulate Buliwyf.
(d) Hail their king.
4. How do the Northmen view warriors who die in bed or as old men?
(a) As cowards.
(b) As the best there is.
(c) As the leaders in the community.
(d) As very wise.
5. What do the warriors follow?
(b) Discarded bones from food.
(c) Mostly the scent of the wendols.
(d) A trail of blood.
6. Why do the women cover Hurot with water?
(a) It is Holy water which will repel the enemy.
(b) So the warriors won't get dehydrated.
(c) The wendols are afraid of water.
(d) To keep the glowworm from setting it afire.
7. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
(a) Beautiful rock formations.
(b) Walls covered in crystals.
(c) Huge carved statues.
(d) Steaming, sizzling cauldrons.
8. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
(a) He doesn't tell him anything about Buliwyf.
(b) Buliwyf will have a son.
(c) Buliwyf will become the king of the Vikings.
(d) The wendol will bring about his death.
9. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he is afraid?
(a) Today is a good day to die.
(b) Stop thinking about the future.
(c) Yesterday is gone.
(d) Life is long enough.
10. What does Herger do after he talks to Ibn?
(a) Finds a woman.
(b) Leaves to talk to Buliwyf.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Slaps Ibn in the face as is custom during a feast.
11. What litters the ground of Rothgar's compound?
(a) Dozens of torches.
(b) Bodies of the wendol.
(c) Burned wood.
(d) Bodies of dead women, children and men.
12. What do the dwarfs give the warriors?
(a) New body armor.
(b) Daggers and rope.
(c) New swords.
(d) A great deal of food.
13. What does Ibn see as they enter the land of the wendol?
(a) Piles of mating snakes.
(b) Poles with the heads of beast on them.
(c) The ground is covered with bones.
(d) Stakes with human skulls on them.
14. What happens the night of Buliwyf's visit to the dwarfs?
(a) The wendol and the mists come.
(b) The mists do not come.
(c) The wendol come but not the mists.
(d) The mists come but not the wendol.
15. What does Ibn ask Herger as they near Hurot?
(a) If the wendol are gone.
(b) If the wendol will return.
(c) What they are going to do next.
(d) If Buliwyf knows what he is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn find distasteful about the Northwomen with whom he spends time the night after the first battle, besides her physical appearance?
2. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
3. What kind of injury does Rethel have?
4. How are warriors with extremity wounds treated?
5. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)