|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the warriors follow?
(a) A trail of blood.
(c) Discarded bones from food.
(d) Mostly the scent of the wendols.
2. What kind of power does Herger say the dwarfs have?
(a) Magical power.
(b) Mechanical power.
(c) A powerful army.
(d) He does not mention power as far as the dwarfs are concerned.
3. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
(a) The manuscript ends abruptly.
(b) He switches to the third person.
(c) It does not change.
(d) He becomes more descriptive.
4. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
(a) He doesn't want to ride with a coward.
(b) He wants to find out their strategy.
(c) He wants to be one of the first to encounter any fighting.
(d) He wants to tell him the quote Ibn said to him.
5. Why is Ibn extremely fearful when they are on the cliffs?
(a) They are near the wendols.
(b) He does not want to scale them.
(c) He hates seagulls.
(d) He is afraid of heights.
6. What do the dwarfs give the warriors?
(a) A great deal of food.
(b) New body armor.
(c) New swords.
(d) Daggers and rope.
7. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
(a) He has enough information to understand their fight.
(b) He has learned a lot about them.
(c) He will stay another year and learn more about them.
(d) He knows practically nothing about them.
8. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
(a) He will survive.
(b) He has a fifty-fifty chance of survival.
(c) He has a fever.
(d) He will dies within twenty-four hours.
9. What happens the night of Buliwyf's visit to the dwarfs?
(a) The wendol come but not the mists.
(b) The wendol and the mists come.
(c) The mists do not come.
(d) The mists come but not the wendol.
10. What shocks Ibn about the Northmen's attitude after the first battle?
(a) They are weeping and crying.
(b) They are not more excited.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They are so excited they wanted to follow the wendol immediately.
11. With what is the valley they come to filled?
(a) A huge lake.
(b) Dead animal carcasses.
(c) Wendol children.
(d) Crude huts.
12. When does Buliwyf have seven horses prepared?
(a) Mid-morning after the second attack.
(b) As soon as Ibn's wounds are tended.
(c) In the late afternoon after the second attack.
(d) The night after the second attack.
13. What does Ibn ask Herger as they near Hurot?
(a) What they are going to do next.
(b) If Buliwyf knows what he is doing.
(c) If the wendol are gone.
(d) If the wendol will return.
14. Why doesn't Ibn leave Hurot?
(a) Herger has asked him to stay.
(b) He has fallen in love.
(c) Rothgar will not let him.
(d) He has no horse to ride.
15. How many weeks does Ibn spend with the Northmen before he is ready to leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he does not want to go to the wendol's mother?
2. For what does Buliwyf ask the dwarfs?
3. What do the warriors drink in great quantities at the feast the night of the visit to the dwarfs?
4. What do the wendols look like when not dressed for war?
5. What are the caves where the warriors are going called?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)