|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Northmen view warriors who die in bed or as old men?
(a) As very wise.
(b) As the leaders in the community.
(c) As cowards.
(d) As the best there is.
2. How many of the wendol does Ibn slay?
3. What litters the ground of Rothgar's compound?
(a) Bodies of dead women, children and men.
(b) Bodies of the wendol.
(c) Burned wood.
(d) Dozens of torches.
4. Why are the remaining wendol marching on Hurot?
(a) To avenge their mother's death.
(b) To surrender.
(c) To learn about the Northmen's gods.
(d) To offer presents.
5. What does Ibn see as they enter the land of the wendol?
(a) The ground is covered with bones.
(b) Piles of mating snakes.
(c) Stakes with human skulls on them.
(d) Poles with the heads of beast on them.
6. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
(a) Buliwyf will become the king of the Vikings.
(b) Buliwyf will have a son.
(c) He doesn't tell him anything about Buliwyf.
(d) The wendol will bring about his death.
7. Why do the women cover Hurot with water?
(a) It is Holy water which will repel the enemy.
(b) To keep the glowworm from setting it afire.
(c) So the warriors won't get dehydrated.
(d) The wendols are afraid of water.
8. With what is the valley they come to filled?
(a) A huge lake.
(b) Wendol children.
(c) Dead animal carcasses.
(d) Crude huts.
9. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Hands him a glass of wine.
(c) Tells him to go to bed.
(d) Sits down beside him.
10. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
11. What do some of the horses manage to do with the fence?
(a) Fall against it.
(b) Knock it down.
(c) Jump it.
(d) Get their heads over it.
12. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
(a) He becomes more descriptive.
(b) It does not change.
(c) The manuscript ends abruptly.
(d) He switches to the third person.
13. What do the Northwomen look like?
(a) Tall and pale with blue eyes.
(b) Short, thin and muscular.
(c) Short and stocky.
(d) Tall with usually black hair and green eyes.
14. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
(a) Yells out orders from his bed.
(b) Stands with the men without his sword.
(c) Nothing, he is too wounded to get up.
(d) Comes out to await the fight.
15. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
(a) He doesn't want to ride with a coward.
(b) He wants to find out their strategy.
(c) He wants to be one of the first to encounter any fighting.
(d) He wants to tell him the quote Ibn said to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
2. How are warriors with extremity wounds treated?
3. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
4. Why does Herger tell Ibn a lot of information?
5. How do the Northwomen differ from Ibn's culture in their mannerisms?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)