|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
2. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
(a) Ibn's sword.
(b) Bulify's shield.
(c) A large rock thrown by a woman.
(d) Herger's ax.
3. What does Buliwyf do when they offer him onion soup back at the hall?
(a) Says he will eat it when it cools.
(b) Knocks it out of the woman's hand.
(c) Refuses it.
(d) Drinks it.
4. How many shields does a man get when in a Viking duel?
5. With what are the arms of the throne-like chair found covered?
(a) Blood and brain matter.
(b) Animal fur.
(d) Carvings of words.
6. What do the wendols look like when not dressed for war?
(a) Tall and very skinny.
(b) Short and hairy.
(c) Pretty much like the Northmen.
(d) Large and muscular.
7. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
(a) Water and stakes.
(b) Barbed wire.
(d) Poisonous snakes.
8. What do the dwarfs give the warriors?
(a) New body armor.
(b) A great deal of food.
(c) Daggers and rope.
(d) New swords.
9. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
(a) Hands him a glass of wine.
(b) Tells him to go to bed.
(c) Slaps him in the face.
(d) Sits down beside him.
10. What do the dwarfs make that the Northmen prize?
(a) Stone catapults.
(c) Body armor.
(d) Jewelry with gems.
11. What does Ibn find distasteful about the Northwomen with whom he spends time the night after the first battle, besides her physical appearance?
(a) Her odor.
(b) Her crude jokes.
(c) Her chaste behavior.
(d) Her speech.
12. Why do the women cover Hurot with water?
(a) To keep the glowworm from setting it afire.
(b) The wendols are afraid of water.
(c) So the warriors won't get dehydrated.
(d) It is Holy water which will repel the enemy.
13. What do some of the horses manage to do with the fence?
(a) Knock it down.
(b) Jump it.
(c) Fall against it.
(d) Get their heads over it.
14. What is the form of the Korgon?
(a) A wolf pack motivated by hunger.
(b) A large bear.
(c) A battle formation of the wendol.
(d) An avatar of Odin.
15. How many of the wendol does Ibn slay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of injury does Rethel have?
2. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
3. How do the Northmen view warriors who die in bed or as old men?
4. What does Buliwyf ask Ibn about the dwarfs?
5. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)