|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
(a) It is too rocky for horses to be ridden.
(b) The horses need to rest.
(c) Dwarfs are afraid of horses.
(d) He is checking the ground for footprints.
2. Why does Ibn join the revelry?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He feels he could be born a Northman.
(c) He has given up his religion.
(d) He is far from his home.
3. What does Herger continually ask Ibn about?
(a) Ibn's family.
(b) Ibn's reasons for wanting to leave.
(c) Ibn's country.
(d) Ibn's religion.
4. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
(a) About his home and famiily.
(b) About the wendol's origin.
(c) About the wendol's mother.
(d) About the original fight between the wendol and Northmen.
5. What is the form of the Korgon?
(a) A wolf pack motivated by hunger.
(b) An avatar of Odin.
(c) A large bear.
(d) A battle formation of the wendol.
6. What kind of power does Herger say the dwarfs have?
(a) He does not mention power as far as the dwarfs are concerned.
(b) Magical power.
(c) A powerful army.
(d) Mechanical power.
7. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
(a) Buliwyf will become the king of the Vikings.
(b) Buliwyf will have a son.
(c) He doesn't tell him anything about Buliwyf.
(d) The wendol will bring about his death.
8. What does an old man tell Ibn about Wiglif?
(a) He plans to leave before the big battle.
(b) He plans to kill Rothgar.
(c) He plans to harm Buliwyf.
(d) He is angry that Ibn was with a Northwoman.
9. What does Herger do when Ibn falls asleep while waiting for the wendols?
(a) Shoots an arrow at his head.
(b) Pours a bucket of water over him.
(c) Covers him with dirt.
(d) Kicks him in the shins.
10. What does the landscape look like when it changes?
(a) A forest with widely spaced trees.
(b) A soggy, damp desert.
(c) A sandy desert.
(d) Plains with high grass.
11. How does Ibn feel about his first battle with the wendol?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is scared to death.
(d) He is high on the excitement.
12. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
(a) So Ibn can understand him.
(b) Because he is drunk.
(c) Buliwyf talks slowly to everyone.
(d) Because Herger has told Buliwyf that Ibn is a little slow.
13. How many weeks does Ibn spend with the Northmen before he is ready to leave?
14. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
(a) Herger's ax.
(b) Bulify's shield.
(c) Ibn's sword.
(d) A large rock thrown by a woman.
15. What do the warriors drink in great quantities at the feast the night of the visit to the dwarfs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Northmen do with great happiness following the first battle?
2. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
3. When does Buliwyf have seven horses prepared?
4. Why doesn't Ibn leave Hurot?
5. What do the dwarfs give the warriors?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)