|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
(a) Ibn's sword.
(b) Herger's ax.
(c) A large rock thrown by a woman.
(d) Bulify's shield.
2. What are the caves where the warriors are going called?
(a) Thunder caves.
(b) Home of the cliff dwellers.
(c) Wendol caverns.
(d) Land Below.
3. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
(a) He wants to tell him the quote Ibn said to him.
(b) He wants to be one of the first to encounter any fighting.
(c) He doesn't want to ride with a coward.
(d) He wants to find out their strategy.
4. Why is Ibn extremely fearful when they are on the cliffs?
(a) He is afraid of heights.
(b) He does not want to scale them.
(c) He hates seagulls.
(d) They are near the wendols.
5. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
(a) About the original fight between the wendol and Northmen.
(b) About the wendol's origin.
(c) About the wendol's mother.
(d) About his home and famiily.
6. How does Ibn feel about his first battle with the wendol?
(a) He is scared to death.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is high on the excitement.
7. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
(a) He will survive.
(b) He has a fever.
(c) He will dies within twenty-four hours.
(d) He has a fifty-fifty chance of survival.
8. What is the form of the Korgon?
(a) A wolf pack motivated by hunger.
(b) A large bear.
(c) An avatar of Odin.
(d) A battle formation of the wendol.
9. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
(a) The lake.
(b) Rothgar's Hall.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) The mountains.
10. What kind of power does Herger say the dwarfs have?
(a) He does not mention power as far as the dwarfs are concerned.
(b) A powerful army.
(c) Mechanical power.
(d) Magical power.
11. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
(a) The bear head that was left.
(b) A cauldron of holy water.
(c) The stone pregnant woman.
(d) Four hounds.
12. Why are the remaining wendol marching on Hurot?
(a) To offer presents.
(b) To avenge their mother's death.
(c) To surrender.
(d) To learn about the Northmen's gods.
13. How many weeks does Ibn spend with the Northmen before he is ready to leave?
14. How does Ibn leave the Northmen?
(a) With a group seeking Wulfgar.
(b) On a merchant ship.
(c) On Herger's horse.
(d) On foot by himself.
15. What does Herger tell Berger about when the wendol sleep?
(a) They sleep at night.
(b) They sleep during the day.
(c) They only sleep every three days.
(d) They do not sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
2. What do the dwarfs give the warriors?
3. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
4. What kind of injury does Rethel have?
5. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)