|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
(a) Grip each others' shoulders in friendship.
(b) Exchange swords.
(c) Slap each other in the face.
(d) Trade war souvenirs.
2. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
(a) Stands with the men without his sword.
(b) Nothing, he is too wounded to get up.
(c) Comes out to await the fight.
(d) Yells out orders from his bed.
3. How is Buliwyf dressed?
(a) With the armor from the dwarfs.
(b) All in white.
(c) In greens and browns to represent the earth.
(d) All in black.
4. What does Herger tell Berger about when the wendol sleep?
(a) They sleep at night.
(b) They sleep during the day.
(c) They only sleep every three days.
(d) They do not sleep.
5. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
(a) The wendols will now leave them alone.
(b) The Northmen will move to another location.
(c) Buliwyf has now fulfilled his obligation and will leave Rothgar Hall.
(d) The mists and the wendols will come again.
6. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
(a) Dwarfs are afraid of horses.
(b) The horses need to rest.
(c) It is too rocky for horses to be ridden.
(d) He is checking the ground for footprints.
7. Where does the wendol's mother live?
(a) In a cave beneath the cliffs.
(b) In the desert of dread.
(c) High on a mountain.
(d) In another land across the ocean straits.
8. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
(a) He doesn't tell him anything about Buliwyf.
(b) The wendol will bring about his death.
(c) Buliwyf will become the king of the Vikings.
(d) Buliwyf will have a son.
9. What litters the ground of Rothgar's compound?
(a) Bodies of dead women, children and men.
(b) Burned wood.
(c) Bodies of the wendol.
(d) Dozens of torches.
10. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Rothgar's Hall.
(d) The lake.
11. What kind of injury does Rethel have?
(a) A broken thigh.
(b) A stomach wound.
(c) A gash in his head.
(d) A missing arm.
12. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
(a) He has learned a lot about them.
(b) He knows practically nothing about them.
(c) He will stay another year and learn more about them.
(d) He has enough information to understand their fight.
13. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
(a) He doesn't want to ride with a coward.
(b) He wants to tell him the quote Ibn said to him.
(c) He wants to find out their strategy.
(d) He wants to be one of the first to encounter any fighting.
14. How does the mist appear when the landscape changes?
(a) It is thick and as high as a man.
(b) There are no mists.
(c) It is thin and sparse but covers from ground to sky.
(d) It hangs low, near the ground.
15. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
(a) It does not change.
(b) He becomes more descriptive.
(c) The manuscript ends abruptly.
(d) He switches to the third person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shields does a man get when in a Viking duel?
2. For what does Buliwyf ask the dwarfs?
3. What do the warriors follow?
4. How does Ibn leave the Northmen?
5. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)