|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
(a) He is not wounded.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) His arm is slashed.
(d) In the leg.
2. What does Buliwyf do when they offer him onion soup back at the hall?
(a) Knocks it out of the woman's hand.
(b) Refuses it.
(c) Drinks it.
(d) Says he will eat it when it cools.
3. Why is Ibn extremely fearful when they are on the cliffs?
(a) He hates seagulls.
(b) He is afraid of heights.
(c) He does not want to scale them.
(d) They are near the wendols.
4. What does the landscape look like when it changes?
(a) A soggy, damp desert.
(b) A forest with widely spaced trees.
(c) A sandy desert.
(d) Plains with high grass.
5. Why do the women cover Hurot with water?
(a) To keep the glowworm from setting it afire.
(b) The wendols are afraid of water.
(c) So the warriors won't get dehydrated.
(d) It is Holy water which will repel the enemy.
6. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
7. What do the Northwomen look like?
(a) Tall and pale with blue eyes.
(b) Tall with usually black hair and green eyes.
(c) Short and stocky.
(d) Short, thin and muscular.
8. What do the warriors drink in great quantities at the feast the night of the visit to the dwarfs?
9. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
(a) Comes out to await the fight.
(b) Yells out orders from his bed.
(c) Nothing, he is too wounded to get up.
(d) Stands with the men without his sword.
10. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
(a) The wendols will now leave them alone.
(b) The Northmen will move to another location.
(c) Buliwyf has now fulfilled his obligation and will leave Rothgar Hall.
(d) The mists and the wendols will come again.
11. Why do the men not take a break between battles?
(a) So the wounded who are going to die can fight their last battle.
(b) They will lose any battle they do not pursue immediately, they think.
(c) They are still hyped up.
(d) It is the way it always is.
12. How does Ibn leave the Northmen?
(a) With a group seeking Wulfgar.
(b) On Herger's horse.
(c) On foot by himself.
(d) On a merchant ship.
13. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
(a) Herger's ax.
(b) Ibn's sword.
(c) A large rock thrown by a woman.
(d) Bulify's shield.
14. Why does Herger tell Ibn a lot of information?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) Rothgar wants Ibn to know what he faces.
(c) Buliwyf has told him to do that.
(d) Ibn has proven his worth.
15. With what is the valley they come to filled?
(a) Wendol children.
(b) Crude huts.
(c) A huge lake.
(d) Dead animal carcasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are warriors with extremity wounds treated?
2. What kind of power does Herger say the dwarfs have?
3. With what are the arms of the throne-like chair found covered?
4. How does Ibn feel about what Herger told him about Buliwyf's plan?
5. What does Ibn see as they enter the land of the wendol?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)