|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
(a) Bulify's shield.
(b) A large rock thrown by a woman.
(c) Herger's ax.
(d) Ibn's sword.
2. How is Buliwyf dressed?
(a) With the armor from the dwarfs.
(b) All in black.
(c) All in white.
(d) In greens and browns to represent the earth.
3. When does Buliwyf have seven horses prepared?
(a) As soon as Ibn's wounds are tended.
(b) The night after the second attack.
(c) In the late afternoon after the second attack.
(d) Mid-morning after the second attack.
4. What do the Northwomen look like?
(a) Tall with usually black hair and green eyes.
(b) Short, thin and muscular.
(c) Short and stocky.
(d) Tall and pale with blue eyes.
5. Where does the wendol's mother live?
(a) High on a mountain.
(b) In the desert of dread.
(c) In another land across the ocean straits.
(d) In a cave beneath the cliffs.
6. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
(a) Stands with the men without his sword.
(b) Nothing, he is too wounded to get up.
(c) Comes out to await the fight.
(d) Yells out orders from his bed.
7. What does Herger warn Ibn about approaching?
(a) Their temple dedicated to Odin.
(b) Exceptionally beautiful women.
(c) King Rothgar.
(d) A lone wedol.
8. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
(a) Because Herger has told Buliwyf that Ibn is a little slow.
(b) Buliwyf talks slowly to everyone.
(c) So Ibn can understand him.
(d) Because he is drunk.
9. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
(a) A cauldron of holy water.
(b) The bear head that was left.
(c) Four hounds.
(d) The stone pregnant woman.
10. Why is Ibn extremely fearful when they are on the cliffs?
(a) He hates seagulls.
(b) He does not want to scale them.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) They are near the wendols.
11. What does Buliwyf ask Ibn about the dwarfs?
(a) If he could find the dwarfs' caves again.
(b) If he knows any other dwarfs.
(c) If he likes the sword the dwarfs gave Ibn.
(d) If he understands what the dwarf said.
12. What does Ibn see as they enter the land of the wendol?
(a) Stakes with human skulls on them.
(b) Poles with the heads of beast on them.
(c) The ground is covered with bones.
(d) Piles of mating snakes.
13. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) The lake.
(c) Rothgar's Hall.
(d) The mountains.
14. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
(a) Tells him to go to bed.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Sits down beside him.
(d) Hands him a glass of wine.
15. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
(a) He will stay another year and learn more about them.
(b) He has enough information to understand their fight.
(c) He knows practically nothing about them.
(d) He has learned a lot about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean if a man has a chest wound and his feet and hands are warm?
2. Why are the remaining wendol marching on Hurot?
3. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
4. What does Buliwyf want Ibn to do?
5. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)