|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the remaining wendol marching on Hurot?
(a) To offer presents.
(b) To surrender.
(c) To learn about the Northmen's gods.
(d) To avenge their mother's death.
2. How does the mist appear when the landscape changes?
(a) It is thick and as high as a man.
(b) There are no mists.
(c) It is thin and sparse but covers from ground to sky.
(d) It hangs low, near the ground.
3. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
(a) Rothgar's Hall.
(b) The mountains.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) The lake.
4. Where is Ibn wounded during the battle?
(a) In the leg.
(b) His arm is slashed.
(c) In the shoulder.
(d) He is not wounded.
5. What happens to Ibn's writing after he leaves the Northmen?
(a) It does not change.
(b) He switches to the third person.
(c) He becomes more descriptive.
(d) The manuscript ends abruptly.
6. What do the dwarfs make that the Northmen prize?
(a) Stone catapults.
(b) Body armor.
(c) Jewelry with gems.
7. Where does the wendol's mother live?
(a) In a cave beneath the cliffs.
(b) In the desert of dread.
(c) In another land across the ocean straits.
(d) High on a mountain.
8. What does the stone statue of a pregnant woman mean to the wendols?
(a) It is the image of their goddess.
(b) It is an image of the earth.
(c) It is an image of the dragon's mother.
(d) It is an image of their Angel of Death.
9. What does Ibn find distasteful about the Northwomen with whom he spends time the night after the first battle, besides her physical appearance?
(a) Her speech.
(b) Her crude jokes.
(c) Her chaste behavior.
(d) Her odor.
10. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
(a) Beautiful rock formations.
(b) Huge carved statues.
(c) Walls covered in crystals.
(d) Steaming, sizzling cauldrons.
11. What does Herger tell Berger about when the wendol sleep?
(a) They only sleep every three days.
(b) They sleep at night.
(c) They do not sleep.
(d) They sleep during the day.
12. What happens the night of Buliwyf's visit to the dwarfs?
(a) The mists come but not the wendol.
(b) The mists do not come.
(c) The wendol come but not the mists.
(d) The wendol and the mists come.
13. What are the caves where the warriors are going called?
(a) Home of the cliff dwellers.
(b) Wendol caverns.
(c) Land Below.
(d) Thunder caves.
14. What kind of injury does Rethel have?
(a) A gash in his head.
(b) A missing arm.
(c) A broken thigh.
(d) A stomach wound.
15. What is the form of the Korgon?
(a) A wolf pack motivated by hunger.
(b) A large bear.
(c) A battle formation of the wendol.
(d) An avatar of Odin.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what are the arms of the throne-like chair found covered?
2. What does Herger warn Ibn about approaching?
3. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
4. How does Ibn feel about what Herger told him about Buliwyf's plan?
5. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)