|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herger do after he talks to Ibn?
(a) Slaps Ibn in the face as is custom during a feast.
(b) Leaves to talk to Buliwyf.
(c) Finds a woman.
(d) Falls asleep.
2. What does Buliwyf want Ibn to do?
(a) Write the story of Buliwyf's heroism.
(b) Stay at Hurot when they go to the glowworm.
(c) Send people to teach the Northmen about Islam.
(d) Be ready to leave in the morning.
3. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
(a) Slap each other in the face.
(b) Exchange swords.
(c) Trade war souvenirs.
(d) Grip each others' shoulders in friendship.
4. How do the Northwomen differ from Ibn's culture in their mannerisms?
(a) They are warriors also.
(b) They are brawdy but chaste.
(c) They are more demur.
(d) They are bolder.
5. What do the dwarfs make that the Northmen prize?
(a) Jewelry with gems.
(c) Body armor.
(d) Stone catapults.
6. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
(a) About the original fight between the wendol and Northmen.
(b) About the wendol's origin.
(c) About his home and famiily.
(d) About the wendol's mother.
7. For what does Buliwyf ask the dwarfs?
(a) The king of the dwarfs.
(b) A long sword.
(c) New body armor.
(d) A soothsayer.
8. What does the stone statue of a pregnant woman mean to the wendols?
(a) It is the image of their goddess.
(b) It is an image of their Angel of Death.
(c) It is an image of the earth.
(d) It is an image of the dragon's mother.
9. Why does Herger tell Ibn a lot of information?
(a) Buliwyf has told him to do that.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) Rothgar wants Ibn to know what he faces.
(d) Ibn has proven his worth.
10. What does an old man tell Ibn about Wiglif?
(a) He plans to leave before the big battle.
(b) He is angry that Ibn was with a Northwoman.
(c) He plans to harm Buliwyf.
(d) He plans to kill Rothgar.
11. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
(a) Buliwyf has now fulfilled his obligation and will leave Rothgar Hall.
(b) The wendols will now leave them alone.
(c) The mists and the wendols will come again.
(d) The Northmen will move to another location.
12. When does Buliwyf have seven horses prepared?
(a) As soon as Ibn's wounds are tended.
(b) Mid-morning after the second attack.
(c) In the late afternoon after the second attack.
(d) The night after the second attack.
13. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
(a) Comes out to await the fight.
(b) Nothing, he is too wounded to get up.
(c) Stands with the men without his sword.
(d) Yells out orders from his bed.
14. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
(a) He has learned a lot about them.
(b) He knows practically nothing about them.
(c) He will stay another year and learn more about them.
(d) He has enough information to understand their fight.
15. What does Buliwyf do as the warriors near Hurot?
(a) Stops for lunch.
(b) Stop the men.
(c) Head in a different direction.
(d) Gets off his horse and walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
2. What do the warriors follow?
3. What does Ibn ask Herger as they near Hurot?
4. How does the mist appear when the landscape changes?
5. How does Ibn feel about what Herger told him about Buliwyf's plan?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)