|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ibn feel about his first battle with the wendol?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is scared to death.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is high on the excitement.
2. Why does Herger ride forward to talk to Buliwyf?
(a) He wants to find out their strategy.
(b) He doesn't want to ride with a coward.
(c) He wants to tell him the quote Ibn said to him.
(d) He wants to be one of the first to encounter any fighting.
3. How many of the wendol does Ibn slay?
4. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
(a) Buliwyf will have a son.
(b) Buliwyf will become the king of the Vikings.
(c) The wendol will bring about his death.
(d) He doesn't tell him anything about Buliwyf.
5. How does the mist appear when the landscape changes?
(a) It is thin and sparse but covers from ground to sky.
(b) It is thick and as high as a man.
(c) It hangs low, near the ground.
(d) There are no mists.
6. Why does Herger tell Ibn a lot of information?
(a) Rothgar wants Ibn to know what he faces.
(b) Ibn has proven his worth.
(c) Buliwyf has told him to do that.
(d) He is drunk.
7. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
8. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
(a) Dwarfs are afraid of horses.
(b) It is too rocky for horses to be ridden.
(c) The horses need to rest.
(d) He is checking the ground for footprints.
9. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he is afraid?
(a) Today is a good day to die.
(b) Life is long enough.
(c) Stop thinking about the future.
(d) Yesterday is gone.
10. What do Herger and Ibn do right before Ibn leaves?
(a) Exchange swords.
(b) Trade war souvenirs.
(c) Grip each others' shoulders in friendship.
(d) Slap each other in the face.
11. What does Buliwyf ask Ibn about the dwarfs?
(a) If he could find the dwarfs' caves again.
(b) If he knows any other dwarfs.
(c) If he understands what the dwarf said.
(d) If he likes the sword the dwarfs gave Ibn.
12. How are warriors with extremity wounds treated?
(a) Salt water.
(b) Spiderwebs or hot cloths.
(c) Whiskey is poured on their wounds.
(d) They are given willow bark tea.
13. What does the landscape look like when it changes?
(a) A sandy desert.
(b) Plains with high grass.
(c) A forest with widely spaced trees.
(d) A soggy, damp desert.
14. What do the wendols look like when not dressed for war?
(a) Pretty much like the Northmen.
(b) Large and muscular.
(c) Short and hairy.
(d) Tall and very skinny.
15. How many weeks does Ibn spend with the Northmen before he is ready to leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the remaining wendol marching on Hurot?
2. Who wakes Ibn after the battle?
3. What kind of information does Herger give to Ibn?
4. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
5. Why does Ibn join the revelry?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)