|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ibn join the revelry?
(a) He is far from his home.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He has given up his religion.
(d) He feels he could be born a Northman.
2. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he is afraid?
(a) Life is long enough.
(b) Yesterday is gone.
(c) Today is a good day to die.
(d) Stop thinking about the future.
3. What does Herger continually ask Ibn about?
(a) Ibn's country.
(b) Ibn's family.
(c) Ibn's reasons for wanting to leave.
(d) Ibn's religion.
4. What does Herger tell Ibn about the possible near future?
(a) The wendols will now leave them alone.
(b) The mists and the wendols will come again.
(c) Buliwyf has now fulfilled his obligation and will leave Rothgar Hall.
(d) The Northmen will move to another location.
5. What kind of injury does Rethel have?
(a) A missing arm.
(b) A stomach wound.
(c) A gash in his head.
(d) A broken thigh.
6. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about the attack in the desert of dread?
(a) It will help the problem.
(b) He will infuriate the wendol.
(c) It was a brave thing to do.
(d) It was not a hero's enterprise.
7. How do the Northwomen differ from Ibn's culture in their mannerisms?
(a) They are bolder.
(b) They are warriors also.
(c) They are more demur.
(d) They are brawdy but chaste.
8. What knocks a bear head off of one of the wendol?
(a) Ibn's sword.
(b) Herger's ax.
(c) A large rock thrown by a woman.
(d) Bulify's shield.
9. How does Ibn feel about his first battle with the wendol?
(a) He is high on the excitement.
(b) He is scared to death.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is depressed.
10. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
(a) Water and stakes.
(b) Barbed wire.
(d) Poisonous snakes.
11. How does the mist appear when the landscape changes?
(a) There are no mists.
(b) It is thick and as high as a man.
(c) It hangs low, near the ground.
(d) It is thin and sparse but covers from ground to sky.
12. What does Buliwyf do when he comes to Ibn?
(a) Hands him a glass of wine.
(b) Tells him to go to bed.
(c) Sits down beside him.
(d) Slaps him in the face.
13. What kind of power does Herger say the dwarfs have?
(a) Magical power.
(b) A powerful army.
(c) Mechanical power.
(d) He does not mention power as far as the dwarfs are concerned.
14. Why are the remaining wendol marching on Hurot?
(a) To avenge their mother's death.
(b) To surrender.
(c) To learn about the Northmen's gods.
(d) To offer presents.
15. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ibn leave the Northmen?
2. What does Herger do when Ibn falls asleep while waiting for the wendols?
3. What does Herger warn Ibn about approaching?
4. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
5. What does Buliwyf do when they offer him onion soup back at the hall?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)