|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Northwomen differ from Ibn's culture in their mannerisms?
(a) They are warriors also.
(b) They are more demur.
(c) They are brawdy but chaste.
(d) They are bolder.
2. How does Ibn feel about what Herger told him about Buliwyf's plan?
3. To where do the warriors head when they leave the wendol camp?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The lake.
(d) Rothgar's Hall.
4. What do the dwarfs make that the Northmen prize?
(b) Jewelry with gems.
(c) Stone catapults.
(d) Body armor.
5. What do the warriors take with them when they leave to find the glowworm?
(a) Four hounds.
(b) The stone pregnant woman.
(c) A cauldron of holy water.
(d) The bear head that was left.
6. What are the caves where the warriors are going called?
(a) Thunder caves.
(b) Home of the cliff dwellers.
(c) Land Below.
(d) Wendol caverns.
7. What does Herger tell Ibn when Ibn says he is afraid?
(a) Yesterday is gone.
(b) Today is a good day to die.
(c) Life is long enough.
(d) Stop thinking about the future.
8. What do the Northwomen look like?
(a) Tall and pale with blue eyes.
(b) Short, thin and muscular.
(c) Tall with usually black hair and green eyes.
(d) Short and stocky.
9. What does a dwarf tell Buliwyf about Buliwyf?
(a) Buliwyf will have a son.
(b) Buliwyf will become the king of the Vikings.
(c) He doesn't tell him anything about Buliwyf.
(d) The wendol will bring about his death.
10. Why doesn't Ibn leave Hurot?
(a) He has no horse to ride.
(b) He has fallen in love.
(c) Herger has asked him to stay.
(d) Rothgar will not let him.
11. What does Buliwyf do when they offer him onion soup back at the hall?
(a) Drinks it.
(b) Says he will eat it when it cools.
(c) Refuses it.
(d) Knocks it out of the woman's hand.
12. What do the wendols look like when not dressed for war?
(a) Pretty much like the Northmen.
(b) Short and hairy.
(c) Large and muscular.
(d) Tall and very skinny.
13. How does Ibn leave the Northmen?
(a) With a group seeking Wulfgar.
(b) On a merchant ship.
(c) On Herger's horse.
(d) On foot by himself.
14. Why is Ibn extremely fearful when they are on the cliffs?
(a) He is afraid of heights.
(b) He does not want to scale them.
(c) He hates seagulls.
(d) They are near the wendols.
15. What is inside the ditch for the new fortifications?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) Water and stakes.
(c) Poisonous snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Northmen view warriors who die in bed or as old men?
2. Why does Buliwyf talk slowly to Ibn?
3. Why are the remaining wendol marching on Hurot?
4. How many wendol guard the entrance to the mother's home?
5. How many weeks does Ibn spend with the Northmen before he is ready to leave?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)