|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibn become by the end of Chapter Four?
(a) The ambassador to the Northmen.
(b) The thirteenth warrior.
(c) The husband of Buliwyf's sister.
2. Who is Wulfgar's father?
3. What does Ibn say about the size of the Northmen?
(a) They are virtual giants.
(b) They are short but broad.
(c) They are somewhat tall but almost skeletal.
(d) They look about the same size as his people.
4. How has Ibn acquired most of his knowledge?
(a) From his mother.
(b) By traveling.
(c) From listening to bardic tales.
(d) Out of books.
5. Who choses Ibn to fulfill the letter's request?
(a) The President of the University.
(b) The Count of Syri.
(c) No one, Ibn volunteers.
(d) The Caliph.
6. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
(a) There is 200 days of rain every year.
(b) They have hot springs inside.
(c) They swim in the ocean everyday.
(d) They wash in the river regularly.
7. How long was Ibn gone?
(a) A year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
8. In what year was Ibn Fadlan sent on his journey?
(a) 150 B.C.
(b) 921 A.D.
(c) 879 A.D.
(d) 700 A.D.
9. Why is there problems with the Northmen's leader?
(a) He is unable to have children.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He does not like to fight.
(d) He is too young.
10. What does Ibn say when the interpreter explains the Northmen's fear?
(a) It must be a Viking superstition.
(b) It is silly.
(c) It is prudent but still he does not understand.
(d) He too is afraid of some things.
11. What are the warriors told to leave outside the hall?
(a) Their boots.
(b) Their shields.
(d) Their weapons.
12. What language do Herger and Ibn share?
13. What does the herald report during the feast?
(a) Wulfgar is there.
(b) The mists will not come that night.
(c) Another party has arrived.
(d) They are almost out of ale.
14. In what direction is Ibn's party traveling?
15. How does Ibn list the rivers he has crossed?
(a) The order in which they are crossed.
(b) In alphabetic order.
(c) From the longest to the shortest.
(d) From the widest to the most narrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of a Northman's burial ritual?
2. Who meets the warriors as they arrive at Rothgar's hall?
3. What type of houses do merchants of the Northmen use?
4. What skill does Ibn say is most noticeable on the first leg of his journey with the Northmen?
5. How does Ibn feel at first as he travels with the Northmen?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)