|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interpreter tell Ibn to do about the situation of which Ibn is informed at the funeral?
(a) He tells Ibn to present his credentials to Buliwyf.
(b) He tells Ibn to leave right after the funeral.
(c) He tells Ibn to kill Thorkel.
(d) He tells Ibn to wait and see how things turn out.
2. From whom has a letter arrived where Ibn lives?
3. What does Ibn learn during the funeral of the Northmen leader?
(a) Thorkel wants to marry Buliwyf's daughter.
(b) Buliwyf wants Ibn to marry his sister.
(c) Wyglif wants to stay king.
(d) Thorkel desires the throne.
4. What does Buliwyf do with a small stone carving they find in the farmhouse?
(a) Place it over the graves they dig for the farm family.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Put it in his pocket.
(d) Throw it down and shatter it.
5. Upon what river do several men and horses perish?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Putnak.
(c) The Danube.
(d) The Gayih.
6. What do the merchants have primarily in their houses?
(a) Beautiful girls.
(b) Cloth and spices.
(d) Religious artifacts.
7. For what purpose does Ibn write?
(b) To make money.
(d) To encourage travel.
8. How many sons does Rothgar still have living?
9. What type of tales does Ibn avoid?
(a) Heresy tales.
(b) Bardic tales.
(c) Untrue tales.
(d) Tales against Islam.
10. Who foretells the mists will come the night after the feast?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(b) The King.
(c) The Dwarf Seer.
(d) The Herald.
11. How long are the Northmen on the river for the first leg of Ibn's journey?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) One week.
(d) Four days.
12. What color is the whale that Ibn sees swimming near the boat?
(c) White and black.
13. What do the warriors see on the ground at the farmhouse where they stop?
(a) A dead horse.
(b) Footprints with claw marks.
(c) Two swords.
(d) A stack of arranged firewood ready to burn.
14. How does Ibn list the rivers he has crossed?
(a) From the widest to the most narrow.
(b) From the longest to the shortest.
(c) In alphabetic order.
(d) The order in which they are crossed.
15. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ibn liken the Northmen to animals?
2. Who travels first on the boat when crossing the river?
3. Who is Wulfgar's father?
4. How does Ibn feel at first as he travels with the Northmen?
5. What surrounds Trelburg?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)