|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent Ibn on his journey?
(a) The Prince of Siam.
(b) The King of Mesopotamia.
(c) His mother.
(d) The King of Baghdad.
2. What does Ibn think about the way the Northmen think about the number thirteen?
(a) They are irrationally superstitious.
(b) He has given it no thought.
(c) They make sense.
(d) They are wrong according to Ibn's religion.
3. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
4. What does Ibn notice the Northmen fear?
5. Who foretells the mists will come the night after the feast?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(b) The Herald.
(c) The Dwarf Seer.
(d) The King.
6. What type of tales does Ibn avoid?
(a) Untrue tales.
(b) Tales against Islam.
(c) Heresy tales.
(d) Bardic tales.
7. What language do Herger and Ibn share?
8. What is the position of the man in question #15?
(a) King of the Saqaliba.
(b) War Leader of the Northmen.
(c) King of the Britons.
(d) Emperor of Rome.
9. What does the boat that arrive contain?
(a) Food for travel.
(b) A letter for Ibn.
(c) Buliwyf's wife.
(d) One of Buliwyf's male relatives.
10. What kind of clothing do the Northmen wear?
(a) Beautiful embroidered jackets.
(b) Clothing of fine wool.
(c) Very rough clothing.
(d) Clothing of silk and cotton.
11. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
(a) It is very poetic.
(b) It reads like fiction.
(c) It is very descriptive.
(d) It may seem strange to readers.
12. What kind of head do the warriors see on a spike?
13. What do the warriors do when they reach Rothgar's hall before embarking from the ship?
(a) Dress in their battle gear.
(b) Fill their water jugs.
(c) Clean the ship.
(d) Put away the sails.
14. Upon what river do several men and horses perish?
(a) The Danube.
(b) The Putnak.
(c) The Gayih.
(d) The Nile.
15. What is the essence of the people from question #25 culture?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ibn liken the Northmen to animals?
2. Why do the warriors beat their shields on the ship?
3. What color is the whale that Ibn sees swimming near the boat?
4. How is a man's possessions handled in the Northmen culture when he dies?
5. How does Ibn feel about his coming journey with the Northmen?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)