|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Ibn traveled away from his home city before this journey?
(d) Five times.
2. Where is a dead Northman's body placed?
(a) Burned in the trees.
(b) Buried in the ground.
(c) On a ship.
(d) Put into a stone tomb.
3. What does Ecthgow say to Ibn about the why the whales attack boats?
(a) To knock men into the water.
(b) To mate with them.
(c) To stop the noise from the shields.
(d) To play with the boats.
4. What do the warriors see on the ground at the farmhouse where they stop?
(a) Two swords.
(b) A stack of arranged firewood ready to burn.
(c) Footprints with claw marks.
(d) A dead horse.
5. What does Buliwyf think about waiting to be announced?
(a) He doesn't express an opinion.
(b) It is a vain gesture on Rothgar's part.
(c) It is inhospitable.
(d) It is an honor.
6. With what does Chapter One begin?
(a) An invocation to Allah.
(b) A lamentation for lives lost.
(c) A recounting of the introduction.
(d) A statement of intention.
7. What does the herald report during the feast?
(a) They are almost out of ale.
(b) The mists will not come that night.
(c) Wulfgar is there.
(d) Another party has arrived.
8. How long are the Northmen on the river for the first leg of Ibn's journey?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
9. What does Herger say is customary behavior for Vikings before a sea voyage?
(a) Praying in Odin's temple.
(b) Drinking and sport with women.
(c) Visiting family and friends.
(d) Sleeping as much as possible.
10. What are the warriors told to leave outside the hall?
(a) Their weapons.
(b) Their boots.
(d) Their shields.
11. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
(a) There is 200 days of rain every year.
(b) They swim in the ocean everyday.
(c) They wash in the river regularly.
(d) They have hot springs inside.
12. What does Ibn become by the end of Chapter Four?
(a) The husband of Buliwyf's sister.
(b) The thirteenth warrior.
(c) The ambassador to the Northmen.
13. What happens the night before a funeral with the woman who will be killed to be placed with the dead man?
(a) She is tied to a stake during the celebration.
(b) She is drugged.
(c) She is left for quiet meditation.
(d) She is raped by all the men.
14. Why does Ibn's party stop after they leave the Oguz?
(a) They are refused passage by a man.
(b) A horse has gone lame.
(c) Ibn is sick.
(d) One of their wagons has broken.
15. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn ask when Herger points out the city in question #67 to him?
2. What does Ibn see at the mountains?
3. What does Ibn learn during the funeral of the Northmen leader?
4. Why do the Northmen fear the item in question #55?
5. Who foretells the mists will come the night after the feast?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)