|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the warriors told to leave outside the hall?
(a) Their weapons.
(b) Their shields.
(d) Their boots.
2. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
(a) They swim in the ocean everyday.
(b) They wash in the river regularly.
(c) There is 200 days of rain every year.
(d) They have hot springs inside.
3. What skill does Ibn say is most noticeable on the first leg of his journey with the Northmen?
(a) Their skills playing chess.
(b) Their fighting skills.
(c) Their ability to woo women.
(d) Their sailing skills.
4. Why does Ibn's party stop after they leave the Oguz?
(a) One of their wagons has broken.
(b) A horse has gone lame.
(c) Ibn is sick.
(d) They are refused passage by a man.
5. What does the interpreter tell Ibn to do about the situation of which Ibn is informed at the funeral?
(a) He tells Ibn to present his credentials to Buliwyf.
(b) He tells Ibn to wait and see how things turn out.
(c) He tells Ibn to leave right after the funeral.
(d) He tells Ibn to kill Thorkel.
6. What does Ibn say when the interpreter explains the Northmen's fear?
(a) It is prudent but still he does not understand.
(b) He too is afraid of some things.
(c) It is silly.
(d) It must be a Viking superstition.
7. Where is a dead Northman's body placed?
(a) Buried in the ground.
(b) Put into a stone tomb.
(c) On a ship.
(d) Burned in the trees.
8. What does Ecthgow say to Ibn about the why the whales attack boats?
(a) To play with the boats.
(b) To stop the noise from the shields.
(c) To mate with them.
(d) To knock men into the water.
9. What is Buliwyf ask to do?
(a) Give the crown to Thorkel.
(b) Build a new ship for the king.
(c) Battle a fierce monster.
(d) Accompany Ibn to Rome.
10. In what direction is Ibn's party traveling?
11. What does Ibn learn during the funeral of the Northmen leader?
(a) Thorkel wants to marry Buliwyf's daughter.
(b) Buliwyf wants Ibn to marry his sister.
(c) Thorkel desires the throne.
(d) Wyglif wants to stay king.
12. What is Trelburg?
(a) A small village.
(b) A military camp.
(c) A huge city.
(d) A large town.
13. What is the position of the man in question #15?
(a) Emperor of Rome.
(b) King of the Britons.
(c) War Leader of the Northmen.
(d) King of the Saqaliba.
14. How does Ibn feel about his coming journey with the Northmen?
15. How does Ibn view his coming trip with the Northmen?
(a) As a way to gather a great deal of information.
(b) As a wonderful way to study another culture.
(c) As a death sentence.
(d) As a great adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not go with Ibn on his journey with the Northmen?
2. How does Ibn list the rivers he has crossed?
3. What type of houses do merchants of the Northmen use?
4. In what does Ibn record his journey?
5. What does Thorkel want to do with Ibn?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)