|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
(a) They have hot springs inside.
(b) They wash in the river regularly.
(c) There is 200 days of rain every year.
(d) They swim in the ocean everyday.
2. Why is there problems with the Northmen's leader?
(a) He does not like to fight.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He is unable to have children.
(d) He is ill.
3. What surrounds Trelburg?
(b) The ocean on one side and a river on the other side.
(c) Two rivers.
(d) A desert.
4. What does Herger say is customary behavior for Vikings before a sea voyage?
(a) Visiting family and friends.
(b) Drinking and sport with women.
(c) Sleeping as much as possible.
(d) Praying in Odin's temple.
5. What is the differences between Ibn's observations of the Vikings and the general European view of them at that time?
(a) He said that were not the barbarians Europeans thought.
(b) The Vikings are more matriarchal than thought.
(c) They are not as civilized as thought in Europe.
(d) The Vikings are much more pacifistic than thought.
6. What does Buliwyf find in his destroyed village?
(a) His dead wife.
(b) A stone image of the mother.
(c) His sword.
(d) His horse.
7. What are the warriors told to leave outside the hall?
(b) Their shields.
(c) Their weapons.
(d) Their boots.
8. What happens the night before a funeral with the woman who will be killed to be placed with the dead man?
(a) She is left for quiet meditation.
(b) She is raped by all the men.
(c) She is drugged.
(d) She is tied to a stake during the celebration.
9. Who meets the warriors as they arrive at Rothgar's hall?
(a) A scout.
(b) A herald.
(c) A spy.
(d) A beautiful woman.
10. What does Ibn say when he is writing about something he saw?
(a) This is probably true.
(b) I do not expect to be believed.
(c) I saw this with my own eyes.
(d) Anyone can see this is true.
11. About what people does Ibn begin writing about in Chapter Two?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Northmen.
(c) The Bulgars.
(d) The Britons.
12. Towards where are the defenses of Trelburg focused?
(a) Towards the mountains.
(b) Towards the river.
(c) Towards the ocean.
(d) Towards the land.
13. Who does not go with Ibn on his journey with the Northmen?
(a) His brother.
(b) His valet.
(c) His interpreter.
(d) His religious teacher.
14. What town does Herger point out to Ibn when they are on the ship?
15. How many gates does Trelburg have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of a Northman's burial ritual?
2. What amazes Ibn about the hall?
3. Who choses Ibn to fulfill the letter's request?
4. Who travels first on the boat when crossing the river?
5. Who is Wulfgar's father?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)