|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the essence of the people from question #25 culture?
2. What do the warriors see on the ground at the farmhouse where they stop?
(a) Footprints with claw marks.
(b) A stack of arranged firewood ready to burn.
(c) A dead horse.
(d) Two swords.
3. Who foretells the mists will come the night after the feast?
(a) The Herald.
(b) The King.
(c) The Dwarf Seer.
(d) The Angel of Death.
4. How long was Ibn gone?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
5. What color is the whale that Ibn sees swimming near the boat?
(b) White and black.
6. What kind of head do the warriors see on a spike?
7. What does the boat that arrive contain?
(a) A letter for Ibn.
(b) Food for travel.
(c) One of Buliwyf's male relatives.
(d) Buliwyf's wife.
8. How long are the Northmen on the river for the first leg of Ibn's journey?
(a) One week.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four days.
9. What does Ibn learn during the funeral of the Northmen leader?
(a) Wyglif wants to stay king.
(b) Buliwyf wants Ibn to marry his sister.
(c) Thorkel wants to marry Buliwyf's daughter.
(d) Thorkel desires the throne.
10. What does the number thirteen correspond to in Viking lore?
(a) The number of Viking tribes.
(b) The number of enemy a man must kill to be a warrior.
(c) The number of full moons in a year.
(d) The number of Viking gods.
11. Why does Ibn liken the Northmen to animals?
(a) Their language sounds like growling.
(b) They eat their food raw.
(c) They do not wash after a toilet.
(d) They fight over women.
12. About what people does Ibn begin writing about in Chapter Two?
(a) The Bulgars.
(b) The Britons.
(c) The Northmen.
(d) The Turks.
13. Why are Ibn and his party taken captive?
(a) They practice the wrong religion.
(b) They are thought to be spies.
(c) They are thought to carry the plague.
(d) They have not paid the wheel wright.
14. Who meets the warriors as they arrive at Rothgar's hall?
(a) A scout.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) A herald.
(d) A spy.
15. What does the interpreter say to Ibn's comment?
(a) He says that it always kills someone.
(b) He agrees that all men are afraid of something.
(c) He does not explain the Northmen.
(d) He explains it has to do with their gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn list in his narrative?
2. What does Herger say is customary behavior for Vikings before a sea voyage?
3. What is the first information given about Ibn?
4. What does Ibn ask when Herger points out the city in question #67 to him?
5. What is the usual distance between each river crossing?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)