|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the number thirteen correspond to in Viking lore?
(a) The number of Viking gods.
(b) The number of full moons in a year.
(c) The number of Viking tribes.
(d) The number of enemy a man must kill to be a warrior.
2. What does Buliwyf do with a small stone carving they find in the farmhouse?
(a) Place it over the graves they dig for the farm family.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Put it in his pocket.
(d) Throw it down and shatter it.
3. How does the religious beliefs of the people from question #25 and Ibn's people compare?
(a) They follow the same religion.
(b) They do not share the same belief.
(c) They have fought wars over religion.
(d) Ibn's people have no religion.
4. What does Herger say is customary behavior for Vikings before a sea voyage?
(a) Praying in Odin's temple.
(b) Sleeping as much as possible.
(c) Visiting family and friends.
(d) Drinking and sport with women.
5. What kind of head do the warriors see on a spike?
6. How many times has Ibn traveled away from his home city before this journey?
(b) Five times.
7. What is the story about that Ibn told the hall?
(a) A hunt for the wild boar.
(b) A man who does not change his slippers.
(c) The history of Islam.
(d) A story about Eygpt.
8. How long are the Northmen on the river for the first leg of Ibn's journey?
(a) One week.
(b) A month.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two weeks.
9. What type of houses do merchants of the Northmen use?
(a) They build their merchant house in the trees.
(b) Large wooden houses.
(c) Houses with stone exteriors.
10. In what direction is Ibn's party traveling?
11. How many sons does Rothgar still have living?
12. What does Ibn see at the mountains?
(a) Goats that climb sheer cliffs.
(b) Hot springs gushing from them.
(c) A multitude of caves.
(d) Wild men with strange tattoos.
13. What does the herald report during the feast?
(a) The mists will not come that night.
(b) Wulfgar is there.
(c) They are almost out of ale.
(d) Another party has arrived.
14. Why do the warriors beat their shields on the ship?
(a) To scare away the sea monsters.
(b) To pray for good wind.
(c) To scare any other ships in the area.
(d) To set up a rhythm for the rowers.
15. Who sent Ibn on his journey?
(a) His mother.
(b) The King of Baghdad.
(c) The Prince of Siam.
(d) The King of Mesopotamia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wulfgar's father?
2. Why does Ibn liken the Northmen to animals?
3. What does Ibn become by the end of Chapter Four?
4. Who travels first on the boat when crossing the river?
5. What does Ecthgow say to Ibn about the why the whales attack boats?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)