|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the position of the man in question #15?
(a) Emperor of Rome.
(b) King of the Britons.
(c) King of the Saqaliba.
(d) War Leader of the Northmen.
2. Who sent Ibn on his journey?
(a) The King of Baghdad.
(b) The Prince of Siam.
(c) His mother.
(d) The King of Mesopotamia.
3. From whom has a letter arrived where Ibn lives?
4. What is Buliwyf ask to do?
(a) Accompany Ibn to Rome.
(b) Build a new ship for the king.
(c) Give the crown to Thorkel.
(d) Battle a fierce monster.
5. Upon what river do several men and horses perish?
(a) The Danube.
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Putnak.
(d) The Gayih.
6. Why does Ibn's party stop after they leave the Oguz?
(a) One of their wagons has broken.
(b) A horse has gone lame.
(c) They are refused passage by a man.
(d) Ibn is sick.
7. What is the essence of the people from question #25 culture?
8. What does Ibn say when he is writing about something he saw?
(a) This is probably true.
(b) I saw this with my own eyes.
(c) I do not expect to be believed.
(d) Anyone can see this is true.
9. What sits on top of the earth wall encircling Trelburg?
(a) Large planted trees.
(b) A stone wall.
(c) A fence.
10. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
11. Who sees to the comfort of Ibn's party?
12. What kind of toast does Wiglif make to Buliwyf?
(a) The traditional toast to a man about to die.
(b) He makes no toast.
(c) A very long, rambling toast.
(d) One that has both praise and insult.
13. What kind of head do the warriors see on a spike?
14. About what people does Ibn begin writing about in Chapter Two?
(a) The Britons.
(b) The Northmen.
(c) The Bulgars.
(d) The Turks.
15. What do the warriors see on the ground at the farmhouse where they stop?
(a) A dead horse.
(b) Two swords.
(c) Footprints with claw marks.
(d) A stack of arranged firewood ready to burn.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Chapter One begin?
2. In what year was Ibn Fadlan sent on his journey?
3. Why are Ibn and his party taken captive?
4. What surrounds Trelburg?
5. What part of the personal habits of the people from question #25 does Ibn write?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)