|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of head do the warriors see on a spike?
2. How many times has Ibn traveled away from his home city before this journey?
(a) Five times.
3. How does Ibn feel at first as he travels with the Northmen?
(a) Like he belongs in their group.
(b) Surrounded by kindred souls.
(c) Isolated and alone.
(d) As if he has never lived.
4. What part of the personal habits of the people from question #25 does Ibn write?
(a) Family relationships.
(b) Sexual mores.
(c) Marriage customs.
(d) Personal hygiene practices.
5. How prevalent is adultery among the Oguz?
(a) Marriage does not include monogamy.
(b) About ten percent of the men commit adultery.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) Over half the men and a third of the women take lovers outside marriage.
6. Why does Ibn's party stop after they leave the Oguz?
(a) A horse has gone lame.
(b) One of their wagons has broken.
(c) Ibn is sick.
(d) They are refused passage by a man.
7. What does Ecthgow say to Ibn about the why the whales attack boats?
(a) To play with the boats.
(b) To stop the noise from the shields.
(c) To mate with them.
(d) To knock men into the water.
8. What do the warriors see on the ground at the farmhouse where they stop?
(a) Footprints with claw marks.
(b) A dead horse.
(c) A stack of arranged firewood ready to burn.
(d) Two swords.
9. In what direction is Ibn's party traveling?
10. What is the essence of the people from question #25 culture?
11. What does Buliwyf find in his destroyed village?
(a) His horse.
(b) His sword.
(c) A stone image of the mother.
(d) His dead wife.
12. What is the usual distance between each river crossing?
(a) One day.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two to four days.
13. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
(a) They swim in the ocean everyday.
(b) There is 200 days of rain every year.
(c) They have hot springs inside.
(d) They wash in the river regularly.
14. What sits on top of the earth wall encircling Trelburg?
(b) A stone wall.
(c) A fence.
(d) Large planted trees.
15. How does Ibn list the rivers he has crossed?
(a) The order in which they are crossed.
(b) From the longest to the shortest.
(c) From the widest to the most narrow.
(d) In alphabetic order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the weather after the funeral?
2. Who foretells the mists will come the night after the feast?
3. In what does Ibn record his journey?
4. What does Buliwyf do with a small stone carving they find in the farmhouse?
5. How long was Ibn gone?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)