|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Ibn acquired most of his knowledge?
(a) By traveling.
(b) Out of books.
(c) From listening to bardic tales.
(d) From his mother.
2. What does Ibn say about the size of the Northmen?
(a) They are short but broad.
(b) They are virtual giants.
(c) They are somewhat tall but almost skeletal.
(d) They look about the same size as his people.
3. What does the herald report during the feast?
(a) They are almost out of ale.
(b) Wulfgar is there.
(c) The mists will not come that night.
(d) Another party has arrived.
4. What skill does Ibn say is most noticeable on the first leg of his journey with the Northmen?
(a) Their fighting skills.
(b) Their skills playing chess.
(c) Their sailing skills.
(d) Their ability to woo women.
5. What type of tales does Ibn avoid?
(a) Bardic tales.
(b) Heresy tales.
(c) Untrue tales.
(d) Tales against Islam.
6. In what does Ibn record his journey?
(a) An official court document.
(b) In his diary.
(c) A book.
(d) In the university scolls.
7. How many sons does Rothgar still have living?
8. From whom has a letter arrived where Ibn lives?
9. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
10. What is the story about that Ibn told the hall?
(a) The history of Islam.
(b) A hunt for the wild boar.
(c) A story about Eygpt.
(d) A man who does not change his slippers.
11. What does Herger say is customary behavior for Vikings before a sea voyage?
(a) Visiting family and friends.
(b) Praying in Odin's temple.
(c) Drinking and sport with women.
(d) Sleeping as much as possible.
12. What does Ibn learn during the funeral of the Northmen leader?
(a) Buliwyf wants Ibn to marry his sister.
(b) Wyglif wants to stay king.
(c) Thorkel desires the throne.
(d) Thorkel wants to marry Buliwyf's daughter.
13. What sits on top of the earth wall encircling Trelburg?
(a) Large planted trees.
(b) A fence.
(d) A stone wall.
14. How does Buliwyf find the concept of blessing food?
15. What does the letter in Chapter One request?
(a) That troops on the border be withdrawn.
(b) That aid in the form of food be sent.
(c) Someone be sent to the person in question #15.
(d) That someone be sent to help fight the monsters in the mists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibn say when he is writing about something he saw?
2. What is the usual distance between each river crossing?
3. What does Ibn see at the mountains?
4. Who sees to the comfort of Ibn's party?
5. Why are the warriors of Trelburg clean?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)