Short Answer Key
1. In what year was Ibn Fadlan sent on his journey?
2. Who sent Ibn on his journey?
The King of Baghdad.
3. Where is Ibn sent on his journey?
To the Bulgars.
4. How long was Ibn gone?
5. In what does Ibn record his journey?
An official court document.
6. What is the differences between Ibn's observations of the Vikings and the general European view of them at that time?
He said that were not the barbarians Europeans thought.
7. What does Ibn observe about the Vikings social customs?
They have a strong sense of ritual.
8. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
It may seem strange to readers.
9. What does Ibn tend to present in his writings?
A lot of facts.
10. For what purpose does Ibn write?
11. What does Ibn say when...
This section contains 2,440 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)