|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: The Mist Monsters, Sources, and A Factual Note on Eaters of the Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buliwyf tell Ibn about Ibn's knowledge of the Northmen?
(a) He has enough information to understand their fight.
(b) He will stay another year and learn more about them.
(c) He has learned a lot about them.
(d) He knows practically nothing about them.
2. What does Ibn say when he is writing about something he saw?
(a) This is probably true.
(b) I saw this with my own eyes.
(c) I do not expect to be believed.
(d) Anyone can see this is true.
3. What does Ibn do where they stop?
(a) Hires a wheel wright to fix the wagon.
(b) Rents a room until he is better.
(c) Give the man many gifts.
(d) Have a healer look after the horse.
4. What does the number thirteen correspond to in Viking lore?
(a) The number of Viking tribes.
(b) The number of enemy a man must kill to be a warrior.
(c) The number of Viking gods.
(d) The number of full moons in a year.
5. What does Ibn think about the way the Northmen think about the number thirteen?
(a) They are wrong according to Ibn's religion.
(b) They are irrationally superstitious.
(c) They make sense.
(d) He has given it no thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels first on the boat when crossing the river?
2. Who wakes Ibn after the battle?
3. What do the warriors drink in great quantities at the feast the night of the visit to the dwarfs?
4. What does Buliwyf do when they see the wendol coming?
5. Who sees to the comfort of Ibn's party?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)