|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, The Thunder Caves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ecthgow say to Ibn about the why the whales attack boats?
(a) To play with the boats.
(b) To knock men into the water.
(c) To mate with them.
(d) To stop the noise from the shields.
2. What does Ibn see in the caves at first?
(a) Steaming, sizzling cauldrons.
(b) Huge carved statues.
(c) Walls covered in crystals.
(d) Beautiful rock formations.
3. What skill does Ibn say is most noticeable on the first leg of his journey with the Northmen?
(a) Their sailing skills.
(b) Their skills playing chess.
(c) Their fighting skills.
(d) Their ability to woo women.
4. What does Ibn think about the way the Northmen think about the number thirteen?
(a) They are wrong according to Ibn's religion.
(b) He has given it no thought.
(c) They are irrationally superstitious.
(d) They make sense.
5. What does Thorkel want to do with Ibn?
(a) Make him leave immediately.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Have him initiated into the tribe.
(d) Take him to his village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buliwyf think about waiting to be announced?
2. Why do the warriors beat their shields on the ship?
3. Why does the group dismount when they come to the region of caves?
4. What are the warriors told to leave outside the hall?
5. How many sons does Rothgar still have living?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)