|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, The Kingdom of Rothgar in the Land of Venden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
2. What does the boat that arrive contain?
(a) Food for travel.
(b) A letter for Ibn.
(c) One of Buliwyf's male relatives.
(d) Buliwyf's wife.
3. What is the first information given about Ibn?
(a) His age.
(b) His full name and station.
(c) His beliefs.
(d) His birthdate.
4. What type of tales does Ibn avoid?
(a) Untrue tales.
(b) Heresy tales.
(c) Tales against Islam.
(d) Bardic tales.
5. What kind of toast does Wiglif make to Buliwyf?
(a) A very long, rambling toast.
(b) The traditional toast to a man about to die.
(c) He makes no toast.
(d) One that has both praise and insult.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do Herger and Ibn share?
2. From whom has a letter arrived where Ibn lives?
3. With what does Chapter One begin?
4. Why are Ibn and his party taken captive?
5. In what year was Ibn Fadlan sent on his journey?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)