|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, First Contact with the Northmen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibn see at the mountains?
(a) Goats that climb sheer cliffs.
(b) Hot springs gushing from them.
(c) Wild men with strange tattoos.
(d) A multitude of caves.
2. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
3. How many times has Ibn traveled away from his home city before this journey?
(d) Five times.
4. What does the letter in Chapter One request?
(a) Someone be sent to the person in question #15.
(b) That someone be sent to help fight the monsters in the mists.
(c) That troops on the border be withdrawn.
(d) That aid in the form of food be sent.
5. What does Ibn list in his narrative?
(a) The amount of money needed for the food.
(b) Items to be taken with him.
(c) How long each leg of the journey will take.
(d) The people he is supposed to meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels first on the boat when crossing the river?
2. What happens the night before a funeral with the woman who will be killed to be placed with the dead man?
3. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
4. What does Ibn tend to present in his writings?
5. How does Ibn list the rivers he has crossed?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)