|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, First Contact with the Northmen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction is Ibn's party traveling?
2. What is said in the introduction about Ibn's writing style?
(a) It reads like fiction.
(b) It is very poetic.
(c) It may seem strange to readers.
(d) It is very descriptive.
3. Who choses Ibn to fulfill the letter's request?
(a) The President of the University.
(b) No one, Ibn volunteers.
(c) The Count of Syri.
(d) The Caliph.
4. Why does Ibn's party stop after they leave the Oguz?
(a) They are refused passage by a man.
(b) One of their wagons has broken.
(c) Ibn is sick.
(d) A horse has gone lame.
5. What does Ibn tend to present in his writings?
(a) Very little sense of place.
(b) A lot of quotes.
(c) A lot of facts.
(d) A lot of personal comments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the religious beliefs of the people from question #25 and Ibn's people compare?
2. What is the name of the Northmen's leader?
3. What does Ibn list in his narrative?
4. What type of tales does Ibn avoid?
5. What kind of clothing do the Northmen wear?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)