1. In what year was Ibn Fadlan sent on his journey?
(a) 879 A.D.
(b) 150 B.C.
(c) 921 A.D.
(d) 700 A.D.
2. Who sent Ibn on his journey?
(a) The King of Mesopotamia.
(b) The Prince of Siam.
(c) The King of Baghdad.
(d) His mother.
3. Where is Ibn sent on his journey?
(a) To the Bulgars.
(b) To Alexandria.
(c) To the Egyptians.
(d) To Rome.
4. How long was Ibn gone?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
5. In what does Ibn record his journey?
(a) An official court document.
(b) In his diary.
(c) In the university scolls.
(d) A book.
6. What is the differences between Ibn's observations of the Vikings and the general European view of them at that time?
(a) He said that were not the barbarians Europeans thought.
(b) They are not as civilized as thought in Europe.
(c) The Vikings are much more pacifistic than thought.
(d) The Vikings are more matriarchal than thought.
This section contains 4,865 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)