1. In what year was Ibn Fadlan sent on his journey?
(a) 150 B.C.
(b) 700 A.D.
(c) 879 A.D.
(d) 921 A.D.
2. Who sent Ibn on his journey?
(a) The Prince of Siam.
(b) His mother.
(c) The King of Baghdad.
(d) The King of Mesopotamia.
3. Where is Ibn sent on his journey?
(a) To Alexandria.
(b) To the Egyptians.
(c) To the Bulgars.
(d) To Rome.
4. How long was Ibn gone?
(a) A year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
5. In what does Ibn record his journey?
(a) A book.
(b) In the university scolls.
(c) In his diary.
(d) An official court document.
6. What is the differences between Ibn's observations of the Vikings and the general European view of them at that time?
(a) They are not as civilized as thought in Europe.
(b) He said that were not the barbarians Europeans thought.
(c) The Vikings are more matriarchal than thought.
(d) The Vikings are much more pacifistic than thought.
This section contains 4,865 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)