|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz begin to realize she doesn't know how to do any more, and she doesn't want to ruin her new life?
2. Who does Liz worry about, so she tells Wayan to tell them they shouldn't worry about their future?
3. Who is suspicious of Liz from the start until she copies the notebooks and ledgers of Ketut's grandfather?
4. Liz asks her friends to send Wayan money instead of sending ____________ to Liz, as she requests in an email.
5. What does Ketut pull into his core from the rest of the universe, according to the book Liz has written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Liz's prayers when she is becoming more clear about what she wants from her life?
2. What does Ketut show to Liz when they meet at his home during the first part of this section?
3. What does Ketut say about the palm reading of Felipe when he meets him for the first time?
4. What do Liz and Yudhi do together when they are sitting on the beach in Bali on the last day of their trip?
5. What does Ketut say that he will teach Liz when she comes to study with him? And what else does Ketut say that he will do?
6. What does Liz learn about the history of Bali when she checks out books on Bali from the library?
7. What is the Sufi image which Liz uses to explain to Wayan the opportunities before her now?
8. What does Liz do in order to help out Wayan with her real estate problems, though she is thought to be nutty for it?
9. What is the turiya state which Liz is trying to achieve in the course of her time at the Ashram?
10. What is the problem that Wayan is suffering, which she shares with Liz during their time together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Liz becomes afraid when she realizes that she is a little rusty when it comes to flirting.
Part 1: Why does flirting seem to make Liz so nervous in her actions?
Part 2: Do you think there is a right and a wrong way of flirting?
Part 3: How do you think others feel about the way that Liz interacts with them as she flirts?
Essay Topic 2
The true yogis see everything in nature as God in disguise, according to the writing of Liz and according to her experiences.
Part 1: Why do you think that nature is God in disguise? What does this mean to you?
Part 2: How do you think yoga is a practice which would allow a person to uncover God?
Part 3: What do you think changes when a person practices yoga in their life?
Essay Topic 3
The Ketut figure in the story is one who is almost stereotypical, with the looks he has and the way that he is described in his actions.
Part 1: Do you think the gurus are important and valuable people in the world?
Part 2: Why do you think people continue to seek out gurus to help them in their lives?
Part 3: Do you think you would ever seek out a guru in your own life? Why or why not?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)