|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word 'tutti' mean in Italian, of which Liz's friend reminds her when she is asking for money?
(a) Stop it.
2. __________ is not an insurance policy, according to the writing in this book, but rather a courageous leap.
3. Searching for the divine ___________, according to the writing in this book, makes all suffering worth that effort.
4. What does Liz begin to realize she doesn't know how to do any more, and she doesn't want to ruin her new life?
(a) Fall in love.
5. Whose lease is up and the rent on the house is going to go up as a result, which causes suffering for this person?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wayan cure faster than antibiotics ever could, according to the way that Liz tells the story?
2. Richard shows Liz that she really must take the time to choose her ___________ when it comes to the way she lives.
3. What is the reassignment that Liz receives the morning after deciding that she wants to do something different with her time?
4. Felipe is kind enough to ask Liz if they should have ______________, which makes Liz feel at ease, even though she says no.
5. Ketut says that one can only fight one's own ____________, as a good yogi, according to the writing in this book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Liz and Yudhi do together when they are sitting on the beach in Bali on the last day of their trip?
2. What causes Bali to be the last remnant of Hinduism, according to the beginning of this section?
3. Why does Ketut still want to see Liz after his long days of healing the people who come to visit?
4. What does Ketut show to Liz when they meet at his home during the first part of this section?
5. What does Ketut do for the people who come to him as a healer from the area and surrounding areas?
6. What is the turiya state which Liz is trying to achieve in the course of her time at the Ashram?
7. What is the problem that Wayan is suffering, which she shares with Liz during their time together?
8. What is the process of choosing one's thoughts, according to the instruction of Richard?
9. What does Ketut say about the palm reading of Felipe when he meets him for the first time?
10. What does Mario do when Liz arrives in Indonesia for the last location of her journey?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)