|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new mantra that Liz uses is ________, which means "I am That" and it targets the area which the monk describes.
2. Where does Liz have her pivotal experience which brings her to her knees, talking to God?
(a) Dining room.
(b) Yoga class.
3. Yoga is meant to teach ___________, a state in which one does not have to brood about the past or the future.
4. Who does Lucca want to live near, which is why he cannot picture himself in any other place?
5. What does Liz first do when she gets to Rome and begins to settle into her trip?
(b) Eats pastries.
(c) Enrolls in Italian classes.
(d) Does yoga asanas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the filmmaker who wants to learn English and becomes Liz's other partner in learning Italian?
2. What is the Sanskrit word for union, according to the writing in this book?
3. Liz continues to sing, helping the mystical _____________ that holds unknown destinies, according to the writing in this book.
4. In whose hands does Giulio put all of the decisions and the outcomes of the world, according to the story?
5. What does Liz decide to retire when she finally begins to settle down in Italy with her new friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have Liz's friends told her about herself whenever she is in a relationship with a man?
2. What does Liz do when she is in the midst of her divorce, in order to make herself feel better about her life?
3. What does the yogic path do for the person who uses it as more than just an exercise practice?
4. How does Liz begin to define pleasure for herself, allowing herself to relax and be happy for once in her life?
5. What does Liz admit she has never been able to do when it comes to love relationships, which is why she wants to take a break?
6. Why does one of Liz's friends know of all of the best places to eat in Rome when she is there?
7. What does Liz do as a result of going to a Hindu meditation group at the suggestion of David?
8. What happens when Liz's friends try to tell her to relax when she is in Italy on her trip?
9. What does Ketut Liyer tell Liz when she first meets him when studying about yoga vacations in Bali?
10. What is the prayer that Liz offers up when she is walking away from Giovanni at the start of the book?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)