|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Liz feels ________, she allows the divorce to continue on for months without resolution.
2. Swamji, beloved __________, is in a dream of Liz's, telling her to hold back the sea while laughing about her failure.
3. Where is Liz first initiated into the divine energy by her Guru, though she does not feel any different as a result?
(a) Los Angeles.
4. Liz continues to sing, helping the mystical _____________ that holds unknown destinies, according to the writing in this book.
(b) Water pitcher.
(c) Fishing net.
5. What does God say to Liz when she writes down that she does not believe in him?
(a) I think you need some time alone.
(b) I believe in you.
(c) Why are you talking to me?
(d) I don't believe you.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the energy running through Liz's body when she uses the new mantra in her practice?
2. A medicine man teaches Liz about the balance between delights and ___________ and predicts that he will teach her in the future.
3. The experience that Liz has with God begins a ______________, but not a conversion, according to the story.
4. Liz decides that she will spend ________ months each in Italy, India, and Indonesia, according to the story.
5. Julio decides there is one word which can describe the cities in Italy and in the world. What word is associated with Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liz do in response to David's repulsion at her addiction and her dependence on him?
2. Why does Liz become lonely and depressed in her new Italian home, according to her writing in the book?
3. What is the advice that Giovanni gives to Liz as she is trying and struggling to learn Italian?
4. Why is the guru not in residence in the Ashram where Liz is staying, according to her explanation?
5. What does Liz do when she begins to hear her ex-husband's voice in her head when she is cooking for herself?
6. What happens when Liz decides to pray to God for the first time during that dark period of her life?
7. What does Liz admit she has never been able to do when it comes to love relationships, which is why she wants to take a break?
8. Why does Liz decide that she needs to swear herself to celibacy for the time being, at the start of the story?
9. Why doesn't Liz decide to cry when she is feeling despondent about her inability to transform herself?
10. What is the schedule the students have to follow, in terms of the time they need to get up and the time they need to go to bed?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)