|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What New Year does Liz help to chant in upon her arrival at the Ashram and in India for the next part of her trip?
2. Liz decides to ask Sophie if she wants to head out for a ________ eating outing in Naples, according to the story.
3. What is the work assignment that Liz is meant to do when she is at the Ashram, as a part of her mundane work?
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Greeting students and visitors.
(d) Scrubbing temple floors.
4. What offers Liz ever-shifting images that begin to drive her crazy, even as she is trying to push them away?
(c) The Guru.
(d) A woman.
5. Because Liz feels ________, she allows the divorce to continue on for months without resolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are humans seeking, according to Liz's understanding of what yoga is meant to do for a person?
2. What does Liz first do when she gets to Rome and begins to settle into her trip?
3. On what holiday does Lucca's birthday fall so the group of friends decides to celebrate this holiday as well for Liz?
4. The ___________ process of being at an Ashram discourages anyone whose life problems might distract others.
5. Who wants to say that they are grateful to be free of crushing depression, though they simply toast their friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liz decide that she needs to swear herself to celibacy for the time being, at the start of the story?
2. What does Liz do as a result of going to a Hindu meditation group at the suggestion of David?
3. What is happening when Liz arrives at the Ashram on New Year's Eve, in which she joins?
4. Why do Giovanni and Liz meet frequently, according to the beginning of the book?
5. What happens when a person is able to stand in the eternal present as a result of practicing yoga?
6. To what does Liz compare her arrival at the Ashram when she is first coming into India?
7. For what is the practice of yoga used, according to Liz's own experience and study of the subject?
8. How does Liz begin to define pleasure for herself, allowing herself to relax and be happy for once in her life?
9. Why doesn't Rome compete with the other cities in the European Union, according to Liz?
10. What happens when the Lazio team doesn't win the soccer match that Liz and Lucca attend?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)