|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The New Zealand poet/plumber describes Liz as slippery as a ___________ when this friend heads off.
2. Liz realizes there is a lot of value in the __________ of suitors, as happened in the old days, according to the book.
3. Zen Buddhists believe that an oak tree creates the __________ from which it is born, according to the book.
4. What does Ketut say about the various forms of yoga and what they have to offer a person?
(a) Boring as can be.
5. What does Ketut pull into his core from the rest of the universe, according to the book Liz has written?
(a) Healthy energy.
6. Liz's _________ become more deliberate and specific as she does the work to figure out what she wants.
7. The Westerners dubbed Bali "The Island of the __________" though it was not safe to travel to Bali until the 1970s.
8. Liz compares her spiritual experience to perceiving an ______________ or like being a part of the universe.
(a) Optical illusion.
(b) Open hallucination.
(c) Ashram at nighttime.
9. What causes Yudhi to be deported to Bali, from where he might never be able to go back?
(a) A clerical error.
(b) A false accusation.
(d) Money problems.
10. Ketut tells Liz that he will begin to teach her the meditations of the land, but that he will also _______________.
(a) Write a book with her.
(b) Leave in the end.
(c) Find her a husband.
(d) Die before he is done.
11. The number of people that Ketut sees on special days, or ___________ days, can be around 100 - and he doesn't turn anyone away.
12. What is the reassignment that Liz receives the morning after deciding that she wants to do something different with her time?
(a) Key Hostess.
(c) Silent Guru.
(d) Yoga Teacher.
13. Liz realizes that she cannot offer _________ to Yudhi and for his dream of going back to New York someday.
(b) A ride.
14. What is the nickname that Liz desires to have at the Ashram, though life has other plans for her?
(a) Quiet Girl.
(b) Mantra Girl.
(c) Loud Mouth.
(d) Yoga Master.
15. Complex religious ceremonies mark the ___________ rites of passage during a Bali villager's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Felipe takes Liz to the beach where he says that he admires her ___________ body as they are on the sand.
2. Liz talks with Tulsi about the inner circle of ___________ which has been left as a result of her divorce.
3. Liz considers the types of __________ she will let into the harbor of her mind, as she begins to see their influence.
4. What does Liz decide to do as she begins to see that her thoughts are moving into her future travels?
5. What does Ketut believe has emptied his bank account, according to his version of events in the story?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)