|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ketut tells Liz that the stalker in her dreams is __________ guarding and to see him is rare, according to his beliefs.
2. The New Zealand poet/plumber describes Liz as slippery as a ___________ when this friend heads off.
3. By abandoning the desires of the ___________, and entering silence in one's heart, one can find one's treasure within.
4. Complex religious ceremonies mark the ___________ rites of passage during a Bali villager's life.
5. Ketut says that one can only fight one's own ____________, as a good yogi, according to the writing in this book.
6. Ketut believes that Liz is like a daughter to him, so he invites her to his _____________.
(a) Book signing.
(b) Next healing circle.
(c) Blessing way.
7. Whose voice in her head helps Liz to stop sliding into brooding about her life and about her loves?
(a) Her own.
8. Liz decides, as a result of learning about the Bali people, to cultivate her own ____________ in her life.
9. Liz considers the types of __________ she will let into the harbor of her mind, as she begins to see their influence.
10. Liz prays that her __________ will experience all of the good things that God intends for her, according to the writing in this book.
11. In the Bali culture, a baby becomes human when they first ___________ when they are six months old.
(b) Touch the ground.
12. What kind of time does Liz point out happens when one lives in the area of Bali, according to the book?
(a) Rubber time.
(c) Anger hours.
(d) Chicken time.
13. Who does Ketut say that he has not met when Liz finally comes back to her studies with Ketut?
14. What does Ketut pull into his core from the rest of the universe, according to the book Liz has written?
(c) Healthy energy.
15. What does Liz begin to realize she doesn't know how to do any more, and she doesn't want to ruin her new life?
(a) Fall in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ketut believe one should practice in private since it is a personal process, not one to be shared?
2. With whom does Liz take an American style road trip around the area of Bali?
3. What causes Yudhi to be deported to Bali, from where he might never be able to go back?
4. Liz goes to Indonesia, only knowing that her contact lives somewhere near __________, according to the book.
5. With whom does Liz find out that she shares a birthday, so a party is thrown for the both of them?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)