|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advises Liz not to fall apart because of her work, even though she feels like crying some days?
2. The sales clerk tells Liz that she looks like a buffalo ___________ in her new wide pants, according to the story.
3. What does Liz take great joy in buying after she begins to understand what brings her pleasure when she is in Italy?
4. What kind of vacations is Liz assigned to write about, which allows her to travel to Bali where she meets another Guru?
5. Liz decides to ask Sophie if she wants to head out for a ________ eating outing in Naples, according to the story.
6. What does Liz stop doing when she begins to feel depression and loneliness when she is in Rome?
(a) Calling David.
(b) Taking her anti-depressants.
(c) Practicing Italian.
7. What allows Liz to head to Rome at the start of the story, according to her own writing?
(a) A book advance.
(b) A man.
(c) Her friend Iva.
(d) A free ticket.
8. What does God say to Liz when she writes down that she does not believe in him?
(a) I don't believe you.
(b) I think you need some time alone.
(c) Why are you talking to me?
(d) I believe in you.
9. What offers Liz ever-shifting images that begin to drive her crazy, even as she is trying to push them away?
(a) A woman.
(b) The Guru.
10. What does Liz release when she gets the 'answer' from God in her notebook as she is in Rome?
11. On what holiday does Lucca's birthday fall so the group of friends decides to celebrate this holiday as well for Liz?
(b) Fourth of July.
12. Living the idea of God is something which is impossible without the help of ______________, even if understanding is simple.
13. Who introduces Liz to an Indian Guru when she is in her fragile state and is unable to deal well with the world?
14. In what city does Liz land when she begins her travels in India, according to the writing in this book?
(d) New Delhi.
15. Iva tells Liz to imagine all of the people in the world, along with celebrities and others, ____________ her petition as well.
(d) Laughing at.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liz finds that she is unwilling to drop the little ________ string of song when the other women are chanting, even if she is tired.
2. What is the language that Liz begins to study in her new found freedom and as a way to change her life?
3. On what does Liz bring Iva when she is still battling her divorce and having troubles with her life, according to the story?
4. What does Liz ship to herself from New York, which causes her to see the differences in how people perceive troubles?
5. What is the name of the relationship in which two people teach each other how to speak their languages?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)