|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Liz, dragging her around the city and helping her through her breakup grief?
2. Where does Liz go after the near kiss experience, according to the story?
(a) Train station.
(c) Studio apartment.
(d) A restaurant.
3. One must be open to ____________, writes Liz, when she is thinking about Octavian and all of the things that he does not contemplate.
4. Who advises Liz not to fall apart because of her work, even though she feels like crying some days?
5. On what holiday does Lucca's birthday fall so the group of friends decides to celebrate this holiday as well for Liz?
(b) Fourth of July.
6. Swamji, beloved __________, is in a dream of Liz's, telling her to hold back the sea while laughing about her failure.
7. __________ is Liz's best friend from her Italian class, according to the story.
8. What is the name of the magazine for which one of the writers Liz meets writes, according to the story?
(a) Conde Traveler.
(d) Food and Wine.
9. On what does Liz bring Iva when she is still battling her divorce and having troubles with her life, according to the story?
(a) A cruise.
(b) A book signing tour.
(c) A train ride.
(d) A dinner invitation.
10. Liz is jealous of her roommate who can seemingly slip into ____________ almost instantly when she uses her mantra.
11. What does God say to Liz when she writes down that she does not believe in him?
(a) Why are you talking to me?
(b) I think you need some time alone.
(c) I believe in you.
(d) I don't believe you.
12. The new mantra that Liz uses is ________, which means "I am That" and it targets the area which the monk describes.
13. What does Liz do for the first time in her adult life after she meets the guru and begins to make changes?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Writes a book.
(c) Gets her own apartment.
(d) Finds her mother.
14. The ___________ process of being at an Ashram discourages anyone whose life problems might distract others.
15. In whose hands does Giulio put all of the decisions and the outcomes of the world, according to the story?
(b) His wife's.
(c) His own.
(d) His mama's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liz studies the language of Italian hard, trying to learn __________ words per day, according to the story.
2. Liz finds that she is unwilling to drop the little ________ string of song when the other women are chanting, even if she is tired.
3. Liz swears herself to celibacy in order to find healing and peace through ____________, according to the story.
4. Who tells Liz that her divorce papers had been signed, just as Liz was waking up from a nap?
5. Liz calls her mind a __________ mind as it tends to swing back and forth between ideas and emotions.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)