|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the magazine for which one of the writers Liz meets writes, according to the story?
(a) Conde Traveler.
(b) Food and Wine.
2. What does Liz first do when she gets to Rome and begins to settle into her trip?
(b) Enrolls in Italian classes.
(c) Eats pastries.
(d) Does yoga asanas.
3. Who does Liz want to kiss her, even though she is dreading it at the same time, according to the story?
4. How long was Liz married before she and her husband decided to get a divorce, according to the story?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Ten years.
5. What is the time at which the students at the Ashram are expected to rise in the morning?
(a) 3:00 AM.
(b) 6:00 AM.
(c) 4:00 AM.
(d) 5:00 AM.
6. Where exactly is Liz, the author, at the beginning of the book when she begins to tell her story?
(a) New York.
(c) New Delhi.
7. Liz wishes she could be like __________ who enjoys her husband, but does not become affected when her husband is moody.
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
8. Julio decides there is one word which can describe the cities in Italy and in the world. What word is associated with Rome?
9. __________ is Liz's best friend from her Italian class, according to the story.
10. Who tells Liz that her divorce papers had been signed, just as Liz was waking up from a nap?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her lawyer.
11. Liz continues to sing, helping the mystical _____________ that holds unknown destinies, according to the writing in this book.
(a) Fishing net.
(d) Water pitcher.
12. What offers Liz ever-shifting images that begin to drive her crazy, even as she is trying to push them away?
(a) The Guru.
(c) A woman.
13. Italians do not need to be told that they need to take a _________ during the day, according to the story.
(a) Hard look at themselves.
14. What is the event which only adds to the trauma of Liz's divorce situation and the legal battles with her husband?
(a) Liz's mother's death.
(b) A near death experience.
15. Because Liz feels ________, she allows the divorce to continue on for months without resolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vacations is Liz assigned to write about, which allows her to travel to Bali where she meets another Guru?
2. Who wants to say that they are grateful to be free of crushing depression, though they simply toast their friends?
3. Liz's favorite word in Italian is __________________, which means, "Let's cross over" according to the story.
4. One must be open to ____________, writes Liz, when she is thinking about Octavian and all of the things that he does not contemplate.
5. Liz compares her entrance to the Ashram as one might introduce a new ____________ to the farm.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)