|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Beads 37-55.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the walking tour in the city which takes Liz all the way to her favorite spot on the shore opposite the Tiber Island?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
2. How long was Liz married before she and her husband decided to get a divorce, according to the story?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Seven years.
3. What offers Liz ever-shifting images that begin to drive her crazy, even as she is trying to push them away?
(c) The Guru.
(d) A woman.
4. A medicine man teaches Liz about the balance between delights and ___________ and predicts that he will teach her in the future.
5. Liz decides that she will spend ________ months each in Italy, India, and Indonesia, according to the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. A monk tells Liz that the mind rests in the __________ to escape clamor and when Liz tries a new mantra, she feels a shift.
2. Where is Liz first initiated into the divine energy by her Guru, though she does not feel any different as a result?
3. Liz is jealous of her roommate who can seemingly slip into ____________ almost instantly when she uses her mantra.
4. The new mantra that Liz uses is ________, which means "I am That" and it targets the area which the monk describes.
5. What is the name of the relationship in which two people teach each other how to speak their languages?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)