|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Beads 1-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Liz to an Indian Guru when she is in her fragile state and is unable to deal well with the world?
2. Because Liz feels ________, she allows the divorce to continue on for months without resolution.
3. How long was Liz married before she and her husband decided to get a divorce, according to the story?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
4. Where exactly is Liz, the author, at the beginning of the book when she begins to tell her story?
(a) New York.
(d) New Delhi.
5. What is the event which only adds to the trauma of Liz's divorce situation and the legal battles with her husband?
(a) Liz's mother's death.
(b) A near death experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liz decides that she will spend ________ months each in Italy, India, and Indonesia, according to the story.
2. Who is the gorgeous, attentive actor and writer with whom Liz begins an affair during the midst of her divorce?
3. Liz swears herself to celibacy in order to find healing and peace through ____________, according to the story.
4. Iva tells Liz to imagine all of the people in the world, along with celebrities and others, ____________ her petition as well.
5. A medicine man teaches Liz about the balance between delights and ___________ and predicts that he will teach her in the future.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)