Lesson 1 (from Book 1, Beads 1-18)
Liz is a person who wants to have love and to kiss someone she's with, though she knows that she dreads it too. Today's objective is to discuss the problems with love and why someone might dread falling in love.
1. Have each student define the idea of falling in love and how it happens.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think love should ever be something that makes a person dread it.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the pros and the cons of falling in love. What are some of the pros and the cons of falling in love for Liz, especially? Why should she dread love? Should she?
4. Homework: Have each student discuss how a person can prevent love from being a negative thing.
5. Homework: Have students write about a time when they felt that love caused them to do...
This section contains 5,298 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)