Book 1, Beads 1-18
• Elizabeth is in Rome, hoping that Giovanni will kiss her.
• Liz begins her story by praying to God for the first time, during her failing marriage some years earlier.
• Liz's soon to be ex-husband refuses to discuss the terms of their divorce.
• Liz falls for David, though this relationship is also unhealthy.
• Ketut predicts that Liz will lose all of her money and return to him, recouping it.
• Iva recommends Liz write a petition to God, asking to be freed from conflict.
• Liz heads to Rome because of a book advance.
Book 1, Beads 19-36
• Liz begins to eat and to make friends in Rome.
• Giovanni urges that Liz be polite with herself as she learns Italian.
• Liz wonders why she is in Italy, enjoying so much pleasure.
• Liz decides that she should be on a time out from relationships.
• Liz continues to work hard to...
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)