|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam do when he hears that Cathy runs a whorehouse?
2. Whom is Joe sent to spy on?
3. When does Aron plan to talk to his father about his feelings regarding college?
4. How does Caleb realize that his mother is alive?
5. Why does Abra think she is not good enough for Aron?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aron feel about his time at college?
2. What question does Cal ask Kate when he meets her?
3. What does Lee want to do after leaving Adam's service?
4. What does Joe Valery hope to do while working for Kate?
5. How does Adam feel after seeing Kate in the brothel, and what does he do?
6. Why does Samuel worry about his son, Tom?
7. How does Cal discover that his mother is still alive?
8. Why does Kate keep pictures of her clients, and how does Adam feel about this?
9. What does Kate know about Joe Valery, and how does she plan to use this secret information?
10. Why does Abra tell Lee that she feels unworthy of Aron's love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cal had an important choice to make after meeting his mother. What was this choice, how did he make his decision, and how did this decision affect his future in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Liza and Samuel showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)