|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about humans does Lee say is never destroyed?
2. What does Lee think makes one like unto God?
3. Why does Samuel worry about Tom?
4. What is the name of Samuel's oldest daughter?
5. What does Kate do when she learns that Cal is her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate know about Joe Valery, and how does she plan to use this secret information?
2. How does Cal discover that his mother is still alive?
3. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
4. What does Kate do after meeting with Cal?
5. What does Joe Valery hope to do while working for Kate?
6. What does Kate do when Adam tries to leave her brothel?
7. Why does Samuel tell Adam the truth about Kate and her brothel house?
8. What does Dessie suggest to Tom to make their lives more exciting?
9. What gives Adam the idea to ship lettuce to the East Coast?
10. Why does Kate keep pictures of her clients, and how does Adam feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Liza and Samuel showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Anger is an emotion that emerged in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how were the outcome of the plot and the characters involved in those scene affected by this anger?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)