|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal plan to do with his share of Will's business success?
2. How long had it been since Adam had heard from Charles when he tries to contact him after his meeting with Kate?
3. Why does Cal struggle to make friends after his family moves?
4. How much money does Adam have left after his first shipment is ruined?
5. What does Cal crave in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Cathy's parents, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in these scenes, and what did these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Cal endures many trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Anger is an emotion that emerged in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how were the outcome of the plot and the characters involved in those scene affected by this anger?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)