|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee know about Samuel when they meet for the last time?
2. What does Cal crave in his life?
3. How much money does Adam have left after his first shipment is ruined?
4. What does Adam want to ship to the East Coast?
5. What kind of animals do Caleb and Aaron hunt in the spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Samuel worry about his son, Tom?
2. What does Kate do after meeting with Cal?
3. What does Tom write in his letter to Will after Dessie's death?
4. How does Cal discover that his mother is still alive?
5. What happens when Aron is alone with Abra?
6. What does Tom imagine after Dessie's death?
7. How does Adam feel after seeing Kate in the brothel, and what does he do?
8. What does Dessie suggest to Tom to make their lives more exciting?
9. How does Kate respond to hearing that Charles has left her an inheritance?
10. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Cal had an important choice to make after meeting his mother. What was this choice, how did he make his decision, and how did this decision affect his future in the plot?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)