Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
2. What is Lee hired to do for Adam?
3. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
4. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
5. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
2. How is George described when he is born?
3. What does Lee want to do after leaving Adam's service?
4. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
5. Why does Cyrus not encourage Charles to join the Army like Adam?
6. Why does Kate keep pictures of her clients, and how does Adam feel about this?
7. What question does Cal ask Kate when he meets her?
8. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
9. How does Samuel support his family?
10. How does Adam feel about Cathy shortly after they are married?
Betrayal was a theme introduced near the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
How did the relationship between Adam and Kate change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)