Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
2. What is Lee hired to do for Adam?
3. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
4. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
5. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
2. How is George described when he is born?
3. What does Lee want to do after leaving Adam's service?
4. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
5. Why does Cyrus not encourage Charles to join the Army like Adam?
6. Why does Kate keep pictures of her clients, and how does Adam feel about this?
7. What question does Cal ask Kate when he meets her?
8. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
9. How does Samuel support his family?
10. How does Adam feel about Cathy shortly after they are married?
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Cathy's parents, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in these scenes, and what did these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Biblical allusions were prevalent in this book, even making it into the title. What were some of these allusions, and how did their inclusion shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the characters who were involved in those scenes?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)