Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cathy injure Adam?
2. What is Lee hired to do for Adam?
3. What kind of soil is on Samuel's land?
4. From whom does Mrs. Trask get her venereal disease?
5. What is found on the porch steps on the day Cathy's parents die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
2. How is George described when he is born?
3. What does Lee want to do after leaving Adam's service?
4. What is included in the first chapter of the novel?
5. Why does Cyrus not encourage Charles to join the Army like Adam?
6. Why does Kate keep pictures of her clients, and how does Adam feel about this?
7. What question does Cal ask Kate when he meets her?
8. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
9. How does Samuel support his family?
10. How does Adam feel about Cathy shortly after they are married?
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Adam and Kate change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)