|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom see Dessie do before he rides for a doctor?
(a) Foam at the mouth.
(b) Retch repeatedly.
(c) Vomit blood.
(d) Pass out.
2. What does Kate tell Adam that helps him to let go of his love for her?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She forgot she had children.
(c) She slept with Charles.
(d) She dreams about Samuel.
3. Who tells Adam to tell his boys the truth about their mother?
4. What does Cal crave in his life?
5. Where does Lee want to open his bookstore?
(a) San Bernardino.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Salinas Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical malady does Kate develop?
2. What does Cal plan to do with his share of Will's business success?
3. Where does Dessie want to take a trip with Tom?
4. What does Cal think his mother is afraid of?
5. How does Tom plan to raise the money to take a trip with Dessie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cal discover that his mother is still alive?
2. Why does Samuel tell Adam the truth about Kate and her brothel house?
3. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
4. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
5. What information does Joe Valery uncover about Ethel?
6. What question does Cal ask Kate when he meets her?
7. What does Kate do when Adam tries to leave her brothel?
8. What does Kate know about Joe Valery, and how does she plan to use this secret information?
9. What does Dessie suggest to Tom to make their lives more exciting?
10. How does Kate respond to hearing that Charles has left her an inheritance?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)