|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Adam about Cathy running the whorehouse?
2. To whom does Adam talk most about his feelings regarding the war?
3. What physical malady does Kate develop?
(b) Blindness in one eye.
(d) Deafness in one ear.
4. Who knew that Lee would not stay away from the family long?
5. What does Tom see Dessie do before he rides for a doctor?
(a) Retch repeatedly.
(b) Vomit blood.
(c) Pass out.
(d) Foam at the mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the doctor scold Tom when Tom comes to get him to help Dessie?
2. What kind of shop does Dessie own?
3. Where does Aron spend most of his time at college?
4. What is the name of Samuel's oldest daughter?
5. How long does Lee stay away from the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aron feel about his time at college?
2. What does Ethel want from Kate, and how does Kate respond to this?
3. What does Dessie suggest to Tom to make their lives more exciting?
4. What does Tom write in his letter to Liza after Dessie's death?
5. What does Joe Valery hope to do while working for Kate?
6. What question does Cal ask Kate when he meets her?
7. What happens when Aron is alone with Abra?
8. What does Tom write in his letter to Will after Dessie's death?
9. Why does Samuel worry about his son, Tom?
10. What does Tom imagine after Dessie's death?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)