|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what industry does Joe work?
2. Why can Joe Valery not get a better job?
(a) He is an ex-convict.
(b) He is uneducated.
(c) His wife has the money in the family.
(d) His father forces him to do what he does.
3. Where does Dessie feel sharp pain at times?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her head.
4. What does Tom see Dessie do before he rides for a doctor?
(a) Pass out.
(b) Vomit blood.
(c) Retch repeatedly.
(d) Foam at the mouth.
5. Why does Cal choose to follow his mother?
(a) To prove Lee wrong.
(b) To get to know her.
(c) To tell Aron about her.
(d) To help his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What university does Aron attend?
2. Who tells Adam about Cathy running the whorehouse?
3. When does Aron plan to talk to his father about his feelings regarding college?
4. How does Caleb realize that his mother is alive?
5. What is Joe Valery's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe Valery hope to do while working for Kate?
2. Why does Kate keep pictures of her clients, and how does Adam feel about this?
3. What gives Adam the idea to ship lettuce to the East Coast?
4. What does Kate do after meeting with Cal?
5. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
6. What does Kate do when Adam tries to leave her brothel?
7. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
8. What information does Joe Valery uncover about Ethel?
9. What does Ethel want from Kate, and how does Kate respond to this?
10. What does Dessie suggest to Tom to make their lives more exciting?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)