|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Dessie's business to fail?
(a) Oversaturation of the market.
(b) Machine-made clothes.
(c) A change in trends.
(d) Her sickness.
2. What does Cal think his mother is afraid of?
3. What kind of animals do Caleb and Aaron hunt in the spring?
4. What about humans does Lee say is never destroyed?
(a) The soul.
(b) The will.
(c) The mind.
(d) The conscience.
5. How does Adam contact his brother after meeting with Kate?
(a) He calls him on the phone.
(b) He goes to visit.
(c) He sends a telegram.
(d) He writes a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say is not a sin?
2. What preserves the meat of a mastodon?
3. Where does Dessie want to take a trip with Tom?
4. Why does Cal struggle to make friends after his family moves?
5. What do Caleb and Aaron use to hunt in the spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee want to do after leaving Adam's service?
2. What does Kate know about Joe Valery, and how does she plan to use this secret information?
3. How does Adam feel after seeing Kate in the brothel, and what does he do?
4. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
5. Why does Samuel tell Adam the truth about Kate and her brothel house?
6. How does Kate respond to hearing that Charles has left her an inheritance?
7. Why does Samuel worry about his son, Tom?
8. What happens when Aron is alone with Abra?
9. What does Ethel want from Kate, and how does Kate respond to this?
10. What does Kate do after meeting with Cal?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)