|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cal struggle to make friends after his family moves?
(a) He is a nerd.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He looks strange.
(d) He is incredibly shy.
2. Why does Samuel worry about Tom?
(a) He seems belligerent and greedy.
(b) He cannot keep money.
(c) He has no life direction.
(d) He never has any friends.
3. What physical malady does Kate develop?
(b) Deafness in one ear.
(d) Blindness in one eye.
4. How does Adam contact his brother after meeting with Kate?
(a) He calls him on the phone.
(b) He writes a letter.
(c) He sends a telegram.
(d) He goes to visit.
5. What causes Dessie's business to fail?
(a) Machine-made clothes.
(b) Her sickness.
(c) A change in trends.
(d) Oversaturation of the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal say he actively tries not to be?
2. What does Will Hamilton export during wartime?
3. Who tells Aron the truth about his mother?
4. What is the occupation of Samuel's oldest daughter's husband?
5. How does Tom plan to raise the money to take a trip with Dessie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Aron is alone with Abra?
2. What does Kate do after meeting with Cal?
3. Why does Samuel tell Adam the truth about Kate and her brothel house?
4. How does Kate respond to hearing that Charles has left her an inheritance?
5. What does Dessie suggest to Tom to make their lives more exciting?
6. What information does Joe Valery uncover about Ethel?
7. What gives Adam the idea to ship lettuce to the East Coast?
8. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
9. Why does Abra tell Lee that she feels unworthy of Aron's love?
10. How does Aron feel about his time at college?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)