|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dessie go after closing her shop?
(a) Her father's estate.
(b) The ranch.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Adam's house.
2. How does Tom plan to raise the money to take a trip with Dessie?
(a) Rent out the farmhouse.
(b) Sell a piece of land.
(c) Raise and sell pigs.
(d) Start a carriage-ride business.
3. Where does Dessie want to take a trip with Tom?
4. For what does the doctor scold Tom when Tom comes to get him to help Dessie?
(a) Leaving Dessie alone.
(b) Not coming sooner.
(c) Giving her a salt solution.
(d) Feeding Dessie vegetables.
5. What does Caleb pray for when he goes to bed after realizing that his mother is alive?
(a) To help him forgive his father's lie.
(b) That God will forgive his mother.
(c) That God will help him see his mother again.
(d) To be as good as his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee know about Samuel when they meet for the last time?
2. What ruins Adam's first shipment to the East Coast?
3. What university does Aron attend?
4. What surprises Adam most about Kate when he sees her in the brothel?
5. What is the occupation of Samuel's oldest daughter's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom imagine after Dessie's death?
2. How does Ethel learn the truth about Faye's death?
3. What does Kate do after meeting with Cal?
4. What does Kate know about Joe Valery, and how does she plan to use this secret information?
5. What does Tom write in his letter to Will after Dessie's death?
6. What does Lee want to do after leaving Adam's service?
7. Why does Samuel tell Adam the truth about Kate and her brothel house?
8. How does Kate respond to hearing that Charles has left her an inheritance?
9. How does Will make a lot of money during the war?
10. What does Tom write in his letter to Liza after Dessie's death?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)